Rugby World Cup 2011

Spankyf

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Back the Irish to wallop the Italians' date=' Ronan O Gara is starting which means most of the penalties are going to go over the bar! The handicap in favour of Ireland looks attractive![/quote'] Followed you in the end, -11pts for 1pt @ EVS with PP. Halves the pain of Canada kicking a pen to take an early 0-3 lead :puke

Followed you in the end' date=' -11pts for 1pt @ EVS with PP. Halves the pain of Canada kicking a pen to take an early 0-3 lead :puke[/quote'] It was a fantastic price, im delighted with our performance, and O Gara needs to start the games now were coming into the knockout games as missed penalties will be punished. Fair enough Sexton scored 2 good kicks when he came on but he was under no pressure, the game was over and i really worry for him in a big crunch match. If Sexton starts against Wales i will take the Wales + handicap, if O Gara starts i will take the Ireland - handicap, thats how much of a liability i feel Sexton is to the Irish squad at the moment, he just is not consistent enough!

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Unlucky to lose this bet as All blacks conceded a sloppy penalty :wall:wall

One Standout Bet For me All Blacks vs Canada - First Scoring Play - New Zealand Try @ 1.66 @Betinternet Well , quite surprised of this price to be honest . I would have it at around 1.3 as well for this kind of bets . Would anyone see All blacks going for 3 points at the start of the game ? Not likely me thinks . Although All blacks have some injury concerns , Canada is not a team that would trouble them to be honest . Fancy All blacks to put on a mini show here and get the first try asap . As usual , it lies between All Blacks try first or Canada to score first via penalty . Other than those 2 options , cant see anything happening first . Easy take for me here .

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Backed Ireland at 14/1 EW today so have them and England at 18s in that half of the draw. Think Ireland will beat Wales and hoping England beat a poor French side, although we have been poor ourselves, so I will have a guarenteed EW money going into the semis. Ireland are 5/6 best price for their quarter and we are 8/13 for ours. I still think whoever goes through out quarter has a great chance in the final, for me now one has stood out so far and its more open than the bettig suggests

It was a fantastic price' date=' im delighted with our performance, and O Gara needs to start the games now were coming into the knockout games as missed penalties will be punished. Fair enough Sexton scored 2 good kicks when he came on but he was under no pressure, the game was over and i really worry for him in a big crunch match. If Sexton starts against Wales i will take the Wales + handicap, if O Gara starts i will take the Ireland - handicap, thats how much of a liability i feel Sexton is to the Irish squad at the moment, he just is not consistent enough![/quote'] Can't wait for the Wales Ireland match and it could go either way. If I had to pick a best Ireland/Wales 15 I could easily pick 8 Welsh and 7 or Irish or vice versa the teams really are that close. Wales has the better front row the locks are equal I'd take Ireland's back row Sean O Brien is a mosnster of a player as is Warburon of Wales though. The backs are evenly matched I just wish they'd play Hook at flyhalf with Halfpenny at fullback.

Can't wait for the Wales Ireland match and it could go either way. If I had to pick a best Ireland/Wales 15 I could easily pick 8 Welsh and 7 or Irish or vice versa the teams really are that close. Wales has the better front row the locks are equal I'd take Ireland's back row Sean O Brien is a mosnster of a player as is Warburon of Wales though. The backs are evenly matched I just wish they'd play Hook at flyhalf with Halfpenny at fullback.
Hi mate, im not trying to be biased but i think Ireland have had the tougher games so far. I think the Irish scrum is fantastic at the moment, Cian Healy is amazing and has turned over possession i dont know how many times. I hope O Gara starts as i would be worried for us if Sexton started. Wales are a side not to be taken lightly and move the ball very fast and play it to the wings a lot, they are dangerous but i think Ireland will fancy their chances against the Welsh and for me i think Ireland are the better team. Sean O Brien is a top player, good luck sir.

Hi mate' date=' im not trying to be biased but i think Ireland have had the tougher games so far. I think the Irish scrum is fantastic at the moment, Cian Healy is amazing and has turned over possession i dont know how many times. I hope O Gara starts as i would be worried for us if Sexton started. Wales are a side not to be taken lightly and move the ball very fast and play it to the wings a lot, they are dangerous but i think Ireland will fancy their chances against the Welsh and for me i think Ireland are the better team. Sean O Brien is a top player, good luck sir.[/quote'] No I agree with you mate Ireland are worthy favourites most definitely. Even though Wales ran South Africa very close they still never looked like breaching the Boks defence and looked far too static and it's always slow ball with Phillips I wish they'd drop him. Hopefully the expansive rugby they've played gainst Namibia and Fiji will give them confidence but Wales are a very frustrating team. They often have loads of posession but make clumsy little knock ons etc and apart from the last two games which was against very weak opposition they never look like scoring tries.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Can't see by an IRE win in the morning... For me, it boils down experience; the WAL young gunz will have their day, but it wont be tmw. The IRE lads have the body of work behind them and those massive European Cup games/wins will prove invaluable. Big bet @ 8/11 with PP & Laddys... C'mon IRE!!!!!

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Spot on on the performance . France have been brilliant so far . Cant see england coming back now .

So have England though. I am not playing on the game as France always seem to have one spectacular performance in them per tournament.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 France have been far from brilliant, its an improved performance from them but this is the worst England performance I can ever remember. Can't even do the basics right, so many school boy errors its embarrassing - clear out the coaching staff and half the has-beens. Total disgrace and they dont deserve to wear the shirt. I live in the south of France for half the year, 8 years ago when England won the world cup (beating France en route) my neighbours came round with a bottle of champers to celebrate the English win. The French are a class apart in many ways and certainly on the pitch today. Never been so let down down from an England team.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 After Wales performance today im starting to lean towards South Africa Tomorrow v The Wallabies. I know its not right to say "well South Africa beat Wales and Wales beat Ireland and Ireland beat Australia so South Africa should beat Australia :loon " but Australia have'nt been that impressive, and I dont think they deserve to be favourites v South Africa. So I think the value lies in South Africa and I will be taking them for the straight win. If Australia had problems getting over the line v Ireland then they will have serious difficulty in breaking down SA. I predict a very tight low scoring game with SA edging it by 3-6 points. :gimme

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 South Africa Vs Australia Both sides have scored plenty of points in the group stages, this will no doubt be a tight battle, the Aus scrum has to work and compete with SA, it helps Aus can name their strongest side with the addition of Pocock, wont be much in this but i reckon aussies could sneak it, a moment of magic from a back from either side could settle this. Australia Win @ Evens Stan James.

South Africa Vs Australia Both sides have scored plenty of points in the group stages, this will no doubt be a tight battle, the Aus scrum has to work and compete with SA, it helps Aus can name their strongest side with the addition of Pocock, wont be much in this but i reckon aussies could sneak it, a moment of magic from a back from either side could settle this. Australia Win @ Evens Stan James.
:beerpocock had a good game.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Saturday: Wales vs France 3/5pts France to beat Wales - 6/5 with SkyBet I think there is definitely value in this price and have no problems taking the French to do the business on Saturday. It's not very often i back France, due to their inconsistency, but i was impressed with them against England and believe they will put in another good show to reach the final. England never put up much of a fight in the quarter-finals, in fact it was an embarrassing performance, but France showed in that first half just how good they can be if allowed to get their confidence up. They dominated England for large periods and, for me, i think it would have been a fairer reflection on both sides if England's score was kept to zero. Lievremont has named an unchanged side for this clash and that will help confidence going into it as usually he is one for chopping and changing whether they have won or lost. The back 3 for France will have as much say in this as their pack and if both fire they will be very hard to stop. Wales have been good this tournament but are by no means a certainty for this clash. They are as low as 4/5 in some places and that seems a ridiculous price for such an evenly matched game. The Welsh were also up against a side who didn't show up for their quarter-final and in the group stage i don't think they were as impressive as some people made out. South Africa were awful, rather than Wales being fantastic, whilst the Samoans and Fijians were the type of sides you would hope to beat. Yes, France were not great themselves in the pool stage but neither side have performed that well to deserve to be 4/5 against the other in my opinion. If France come out firing Wales will have a tough task on their hands and although there is a possibility they could turn in a stinker, i am still willing to take this price on them. It should be a good, close game and hopefuly France will come out on top.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Anyone else with early views for the weekend? I'm still confident about the bet on France whilst the other game looks far too close to call for me in terms of the handicap. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia won the game but still expect the Kiwi's to have enough. I was going to take them +8 earlier in the week at around Evens but missed it and it's now best priced at 5/6 so a bit annoyed with myself for that. Will probably leave it alone and just enjoy the game. It will be especially interesting to see how the Kiwi's attack using the 9/10 combination.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 New Zealand v Australia @ 3.05 Sportsbet All blacks are massive favourites for this game, and rightly so IMO. You can't argue with how great a side they are, and how well they have done over the past few years. But I still think that 3.05 is good value for Australia and I can't ignore it. Peronally I think the game will be quite close and could really go either way. If it's a 50/50 contest, then I'd rather have my money on the Wallabies, especially for those odds. The Wallabies have a tendency to be a little unpredictable at times and can be quite poor, but they can also be brilliant if the right players step up to mark. The Kiwi's are without a few key players, as are the Aussie's, but I see the Kiwi's losses as more significent. They also have the weight of a nation on their shoulders, aswell as a fear of choking at World Cups. Could this be the game that it finally gets to them? It is honestly such a hard game to tip, but I'm willing to stick my neck out and go for our boys. If they turn up with the right mindset, and play close to their best, then they are in with a huge chance to topple the All Blacks. GL All :ok

Anyone else with early views for the weekend? I'm still confident about the bet on France whilst the other game looks far too close to call for me in terms of the handicap. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia won the game but still expect the Kiwi's to have enough. I was going to take them +8 earlier in the week at around Evens but missed it and it's now best priced at 5/6 so a bit annoyed with myself for that. Will probably leave it alone and just enjoy the game. It will be especially interesting to see how the Kiwi's attack using the 9/10 combination.
I have the totally opposite opinion on the Wales France game! I think Wales have been excellent throughout and should have beaten SA whereas france have been abject. I think they were flattered by a particularly poor England performance and their earlier displays cannot be ignored. I think France had one good performance in them and we've seen that! You say that Fiji and Samoa are the sort of teams that should be beaten, but don't forget that france lost to Tonga! Wales @ 3 on the spreads for me and i'm confident on it.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Yeah, that is true about Fji/Samoa/Tonga but it is France and their inconsistency has been factored into the price i think. I think i got good value but everyone's opinion on value is different. The game will be tight i feel, probably 50/50, so for me the price above Evens is well worth taking. Still, good luck :ok

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 I'm a Welshman but I really fancy France at 5/4. Ireland had 54% posession against us but didn't convert that to points. France are a far deadlier attacking side than Ireland and if they get that kind of posession then it's good night Vienna. Wales have really impressed me thus far and I never gave them a chance. Yachvili is likely to miss this match and although he was excellent against Englant I feel that Parra at scrumhalf with Trin Duc ouside is a far more frightening prospect.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Really can't call the winner tonight but I am swinging slightly toward Wales. They have momentum, confidence and won't be worrying about the French. They blues beat a terrible England on the day, but maybe their big performance will come out of the hat tonight. Either way there's plenty of value in other bets to be had. Wales over 1.5 tries @ 4/5 Betfred is one i'm taking. Also may look at more speculative bets in a yellow card to appear at 5/4 and 2nd half as the highest scoring @ 4/5

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Been thinking long and hard about the game and whilst I cant pick a winner with any confidance, I decided to trade it: Riding the hot money pre-game on wales, think France will start well before Wales find a footing, then last 30 mins or so Wales may well come back strong. We have seen how fit the Welsh are, and the last 20 minutes could be telling. At 1.74 Wales are a good lay imo for the first 20 mins or so. The general opinion in France is this set up is the worst for years and they dont expect to win.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 A bit lucky in the end that the kicks were missed but i thought it was a weird game after the sending off. It seemed to have the opposite effects to what, in theory, it should have had on both sides in that Wales attacked and attacked whilst France sat back. My point was kind of summed up by that early drop goal attempt in the 2nd half from France when they were in a good position to go for the try. Oh well, a winner is a winner and still happy with the call.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 A bit shocked that there isn't more interest in the 2nd semi final here between New Zealand and Australia. I get the feeling people are 2nd guessing themselves about backing New Zealand. Seen and read a few things coming out of Europe and people seem to be giving Australia some chance here. How I have no idea. Their record at Eden Park is absolutely dismal, in fact their record in New Zealand is dismal. Yes they have no Carter, but with Weepu playing they have the sought of player that can guide them to victory through sheer brutality. And that's exactly how you beat this Australian team. South Africa should have, but pretty much beat themselves with all the drop balls. It may be close early on, but New Zealand will take their rightful place in the final and go onto to win their second Webb Ellis trophy. Actually think it will be quite easy in the end. Big bet on NZ to win @ 1.42 (Betfair) Big bet on NZ -6.5 its @ 1.89 (Betfair) I'm also expecting a very high scoring game, well at least in comparison to all the other finals games we've had so far. History suggests there will be points and I am inclined to believe that this will sail over the 40.5 pts quite easily, medium bet on over 40.5pts @ 2.24...been a complete overreaction to the way the finals have gone so far. You will see plenty of running rugby in this final. Not that crap kick fest we see from inferior sides like the Irish, Safas French etc. GL everyone.