Rugby World Cup 2011

Spankyf

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Ireland-Russia A. Trimble to score two or more tries 7/5 PP A Trimble to score three or more tries 9/2 PP The Italians were able to open up the Russian defence with some ease, and they are certainly to revered for playing free flowing rugby. Ireland are much more adept at running rugby and Andrew Trimble looked fairly sharp in the warm up games without getting to much in the way of the ball. The Russian defence is there to be carved up, regardless of the changes in the Irish team, and Trimble will be hungry to get the ball down over the line.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 IRE v RUS RUS +51 @ EVS generally... Thoughts guys? I think the bookies have gotton abit carried away after IREs effort last week; yes, RUS are pants, but IRE just don't hammer teams. Add to the mix the raft of changes and the forecasted showers, they'll win well, but scoring 60 odd points? Don't think so...

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

IRE v RUS RUS +51 @ EVS generally... Thoughts guys? I think the bookies have gotton abit carried away after IREs effort last week; yes, RUS are pants, but IRE just don't hammer teams. Add to the mix the raft of changes and the forecasted showers, they'll win well, but scoring 60 odd points? Don't think so...
Ireland played minnows Georgia and Namibia in the 2007 WC and won 14-10, and 32-17 respectively. Ireland didn't perform as well in that tournament as they have done here, but it stills supports the above comments - 32-17 against Namibia 2nd string side or not is a shocking result. Russia+ 51.5 pts does look the play here.

IRE v RUS RUS +51 @ EVS generally... Thoughts guys?
looked dead at halftime..great Effort from Russia in the 2nd Half...and Sexton missed the final conversion ... nailbiter... :cigar What a cracker between Argentina and Scotland... hard fought game...

looked dead at halftime..great Effort from Russia in the 2nd Half...and Sexton missed the final conversion ... nailbiter... :cigar What a cracker between Argentina and Scotland... hard fought game...
Crazy stuff. Bet was stone dead at h/t; i even contemplated chasing with IRE to go try mad, but let it run. Both of RUS's trys were excellent & Sexton at the end... Its bad when you are wishing one of your countrymen to fail... But he did, so :D

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 WAL v NAM Last pick of the w/e... WAL shd win handy, but, like IRE, i'd be nervous of the handicap. 10/11 with PP for the first scoring play to be a WAL try looks solid though. Even if they win an early penalty, i can't see them kicking it against arguably the worst team in the RWC. A pressure of sorts will be on to put up a big score; try time from the off. WAL like to play ball and after a low scoring start, the chance to cut loose should see them look to start strong in the sunny/dry conditions...

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Tuesday: Italy vs USA 2.5/5pts Italy (-21 points) to beat USA - Evens with Bet365 Italy need a bonus point win here to give them the best possible opportunity of qualifying and i think they will get it and cover this line. Against Russia they were dominant in all areas of the pitch and removed the little niggle in the back of my mind that they couldn't be clinical enough against the minnows. Their backs performed to a good standard as the forwards forwards forced the gaps in the Russian defence. It was an impressive win and it isn't that much of a step up against the USA. The Yanks have only had 4 days to recover since their game against Australia and that could mean they tire late in the game. They only just beat Russia earlier in the pool stage and should have lost by more to Ireland. They are only an average side comapred to the more established Italian team and that should show. Their forwards will have a very tough task again and it will be difficult to prevent tries from the backs if the Italians get quick ball to them again. Italy need a big win here, have already proved they can be ruthless against the lesser sides and have a pack who will run the opposition ragged. This line is well within their reach.

WAL v NAM Last pick of the w/e... WAL shd win handy, but, like IRE, i'd be nervous of the handicap. 10/11 with PP for the first scoring play to be a WAL try looks solid though. Even if they win an early penalty, i can't see them kicking it against arguably the worst team in the RWC. A pressure of sorts will be on to put up a big score; try time from the off. WAL like to play ball and after a low scoring start, the chance to cut loose should see them look to start strong in the sunny/dry conditions...
Well fook me. Handicap covered comfortably, but all kicked off with a pointless Jones penalty. I mean, what was the logic in that? Maybe should have noted it being his come back game and a desire to 'get back in the groove' early, but still. Ah well...

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Italy v Usa Usa +9 @ 3/1 Paddy Power Usa total tries over 1.5 @ 5/4 Paddy Power Italy go into this game as huge favourites and with the match against Ireland 5 days later they will have to make sure they dont take Usa for granted.The Usa have a huge incentive in this game,if they win they will not have to qualify for the next world cup.They bring back 14 starters from Australia match and according to Eddie O'Sullivan this and the Russia game were the 2 matches they targeted to win before the World Cup.The Us coaches were angry yesterday and said that they feel the Italians are being arrogant.This is not going to be a walkover for Italy and the Us have scored tries in every game so far.I see it being a very competitive game and there not being a lot between them and at least 2 tries for the Us:hope

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Guys I know people say they the Usa havnt had much recovery time since the Australia game but this is a completely different side with only 1 player from the Australia game.There is a huge difference between their 1st and 2nd 15 and they wont tire like that team.I could be completely wrong but I just see value in the US

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Will digest further, but an early look is a NZ & OZ handicap double at the w/e. Laddys have the best 'round EVS' handicaps from my accounts, and the double works out at just over 5/2. RUS and CAN are punch drunk at this stage, but it has more to do with their opponents, who i think will be ruthless. NZ just won't let up if/when they get going and places are up for grabs. OZ will want a stonking win to reignite their tournament; i fancied this to be a 100pt'er before the RWC kicked off. Might even bump this up to a 2pt bet... Will see :unsure

Anyone got a view on SA-Samoa?
SA -16 would be a bet based on an experimental ratings system I'm using though I'm only trialling it at the moment. It has them 32 points better. It's been within 5 points of the result for 14 out of 32 games so far and exactly right for 2, though I've no idea if that's particularly good or not! Also following someone whose views I respect on Fa'asavalu to score a try. He's 12s with Lads and a touch bigger on BF. I've split my stake across that and a small buy of his try minutes at 4.

Anyone got a view on SA-Samoa?
Yes, one would expect South Africa to win and win comfortably. However, there are some interesting sub-plots with this match. Whilst SA has looked quite solid this tournament thus far, particularly against Fiji, the team had an indifferent Tri Nations pre-RWC. Some may suggest, with justification, that it is more than possible the Boks were foxing. Nevertheless, there are more than some down under (Aust & NZ) who are speculating whether the Boks team is too old and stuck in their 2007 success. The coaching staff have selected the strongest team possible, including leaving their captain on the bench, which suggests some concern with how the team has been going, and recognition of the importance of this match. Samoa, on the other hand, will be deeply disappointed with their results this campaign. The team had high hopes of qualifying for the qtrs but didnt account for a Welsh team in surprisingly good form (indeed, again, some down this way are predicting Wales could make the final - France to beat England, Wales to be France etc). As stated above, I expect South Africa to beat Manu Samoa, but the Samoans will hold nothing back (conceivably, they could qualify with a remarkable victory). It will be a bruising affair indeed and the line of 18.0 (Sportsbet.com.au) is only slightly tempting. The weather is forecast to be 18 degrees and fne during the day, so no help there in keeping it close. Personally, this isnt a match to bet on, but one to enjoy. If pushed, I'd take South Africa at the line. Good luck!

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 If this game was NZ vs Samoa everyone would be saying AB's by 20-30+ and realistically this Boks side with the Australian's are the only legitimate sides standing in their way on winning this Tournament, but no body trusts the BoKs to beat Samoa, yet they are a very real chance of beating the All Blacks once they get by Australia. This Samoan side named tonight has an average age of 34 and is the oldest side to be named at this WC, The Boks have come here to play and so far they are, they have named this side not because they think they are in trouble, but because many need a run Bismarck du Plessis arguably the best number two in the world with his Brother Jannie and Tendai Mtawarira to form an all-Sharks front row. Victor Matfield who takes over and Heinrich Brüssow come back into the pack also. Francois Steyn to score at anytime and Boks to win well

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 11 mins left , 13-5 to the Boks, not what I expected at all. They've dominated all faceits of this match and only have a 8 point lead, Not very impressive. Not much hope of beating the ABs if they can't score any points.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Australia v Russia Australia -69 @ evens I think the Aussies really need to bring the performance levels up. Ireland done a solid job of getting by the bears but Australian players are now all playing for places against the Boks and they'll be looking to put their names on the team sheet. Russia might nick a try or two but I think we'll see a pasting here and they haven't had as much time to recover between games. England v Scotland under 38 @ evens If England were anyone else than England they'd be nervous. I don't think they'll lose this match but they've not been soaring too gracefully so far, and if anyone can bring a team to fight on their terms when they need to, it's the Scots. They were beaten by a couple of poor kicks and decisions against the Pumas but they won't have any fear going into this one. Big changes for Robinsons men and its win or bust but I don't see a try fest on the cards. England might grab two or three but even though it might be a ball in hand affair, I see the forwards from both sides seeing most of the action so unders is the bet for me.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 One Standout Bet for me Australia vs Russia First Scoring Play - Australia Try @1.53 @Betinternet This looks a easy one and should relatively be shorter . Aussie are not playing the big guns hence , going for 3 points at the start of first scoring play is definitely a no no . Question is can Russia get a penalty and go for 3 points ? Don't think Russia will get a try first and it remains the question of an Aussie try first or Russia Penalty first ? More often than not , this ranks to be a winner and at odds of 1.53 y not ? Looks decent and i actually rank this bet to be no bigger than 1.3 to be honest .

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Have taken the unders in the England - Scotland game @ 41.5 @ 5/6 available with Stanjames and Totesport. If England get an early lead I don't see them playing a very expansive game and I don't picture Scotland scoring too many tomorrow. Also on Tonga TT over 12.5 points with Paddypower and Unibet @ 5/6. Unlike many of the semi-minnows Tonga have a good kicker in Morath. France can conceed vs anyone and I think Tonga have at least a couple of penalties and a try in them to cover this.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Australia v Russia Australia -69 @ evens :sad Loss England v Scotland under 38 @ evens :p Win Nothing lost, nothing gained. Great watching though. Fair play to Russia, weren't afraid of keeping their chins up against the Wallabies and glad to see them score a few tries. Wonderful stuff from Tonga last night, really wish they'd have kept France out of bonus point territory. Looking at Georgia to stay within the +21 tonight and Italy too for +12 tomorrow

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Easy win for this bet as aussie gets to a flyer . :ok

One Standout Bet for me Australia vs Russia First Scoring Play - Australia Try @1.53 @Betinternet This looks a easy one and should relatively be shorter . Aussie are not playing the big guns hence , going for 3 points at the start of first scoring play is definitely a no no . Question is can Russia get a penalty and go for 3 points ? Don't think Russia will get a try first and it remains the question of an Aussie try first or Russia Penalty first ? More often than not , this ranks to be a winner and at odds of 1.53 y not ? Looks decent and i actually rank this bet to be no bigger than 1.3 to be honest .

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 One Standout Bet For me All Blacks vs Canada - First Scoring Play - New Zealand Try @ 1.66 @Betinternet Well , quite surprised of this price to be honest . I would have it at around 1.3 as well for this kind of bets . Would anyone see All blacks going for 3 points at the start of the game ? Not likely me thinks . Although All blacks have some injury concerns , Canada is not a team that would trouble them to be honest . Fancy All blacks to put on a mini show here and get the first try asap . As usual , it lies between All Blacks try first or Canada to score first via penalty . Other than those 2 options , cant see anything happening first . Easy take for me here .

One Standout Bet For me All Blacks vs Canada - First Scoring Play - New Zealand Try @ 1.66 @Betinternet Well , quite surprised of this price to be honest . I would have it at around 1.3 as well for this kind of bets . Would anyone see All blacks going for 3 points at the start of the game ? Not likely me thinks . Although All blacks have some injury concerns , Canada is not a team that would trouble them to be honest . Fancy All blacks to put on a mini show here and get the first try asap . As usual , it lies between All Blacks try first or Canada to score first via penalty . Other than those 2 options , cant see anything happening first . Easy take for me here .
Def following you on this; 4/6 with Laddys. WAL burned me early in the week on the same shout, but there'll be no such messing with the cut throat Kiwis; they'll want to break the seal ASAP and start the procession. NZ didn't kick any pens v the comparable JAP. 2pt bet (strength 1-5).

Back the Irish to wallop the Italians' date=' Ronan O Gara is starting which means most of the penalties are going to go over the bar! The handicap in favour of Ireland looks attractive![/quote'] I dunno; the roof in Dunedin has 'messed' with the kickers thus far. But then that could just be bunk; ROG is flying. Under 40pts maybe; neither team is in blistering try socring form and i can see it being a real pressure cooker of a brawl. That said, IRE have the tools to score tries, whereas i can't see ITA doing much on that front. IRE could solidly cover the handicap... Agghh; decisions...