** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August

Saturday 13 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Southend United (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.8 106.48 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Northampton Town (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.3 3.06 105.18 %
maximize.gif Barnet v Port Vale (15:00 BST) 2.6 3.25 2.85 104.32 %
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Torquay United (15:00 BST) 2 3.4 3.99 104.47 %
maximize.gif Burton Albion v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 BST) 2.59 3.3 2.75 105.28 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town (15:00 BST) 3.16 3.3 2.25 106.39 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) 1.45 4 7 107.84 %
maximize.gif Crewe Alexandra v Gillingham (15:00 BST) 2.48 3.4 3 103.07 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v AFC Wimbledon (15:00 BST) 2.21 3.3 3.36 105.31 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Morecambe (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.3 3.16 107.40 %
maximize.gif Oxford United v Bradford City (15:00 BST) 1.86 3.51 4.16 106.29 %
maximize.gif Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United (15:00 BST) 2.55 3.3 2.79 105.36 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Thought id get this one up early, Oxford to beat Bradford looks the bet of the weekend for me, Oxford have brought wisely over the summer and the capture of Leven from Mk dons looks inspired as there were several teams from outside of League 2 that wanted him. Bradford are one of my teams to flop again this season as I see no improvement to the squad from an extremely disappointing season last year. They were once again in the top half of the betting for the league title but i see no reason for that other than the reputation they built up from the 'Windass era' and their premiership campaigns. I am a Villa fan so have nothing against Bradford and if they show improvement then my opinion may change, the bet is also more for the improvements Oxford have made rather than the stagnation at Bradford. 4-5 is a fair price and unless team news drastically weakens Oxford (or Messi turns up at Valley Parade :lol) my main single this weekend will be Oxford. I also expect there to be alot of money going on Crawley this weekend but in a league that can bite you on the proverbial backside, I see Crawleys price at 4-9 as too short when other teams without the hype are around at much juicer prices. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August

Thought id get this one up early, Oxford to beat Bradford looks the bet of the weekend for me, Oxford have brought wisely over the summer and the capture of Leven from Mk dons looks inspired as there were several teams from outside of League 2 that wanted him. I also expect there to be alot of money going on Crawley this weekend but in a league that can bite you on the proverbial backside, I see Crawleys price at 4-9 as too short when other teams without the hype are around at much juicer prices.
I agree about Oxford but I'll await team news - apparently Oxford had a bit of a crisis before thier first game and Leven was only fit enough for the bench. Also agree that Crawley look very short. Macc had a good away record last year. While I think they're weaker this season they'll still not be easy to beat.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August

Sport Football (England - L2)
Event Bristol Rovers v Torquay
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning both team rating as i check indicate there is likely chances for both of them to go for a draw in this game as the home team won last week with a 3-2 against AFC Wimbledon and the away team to settled for scores draw in the game against Burton Albion in a 2-2, i see them forcing the home sides this time again to a draw in this match.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August

Event Crawley Town v Macclesfield
Selection Crawley Town
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.50
Reasoning crawley town are still in their form as last season as they settle for a draw in 1st game with Port Vale at away in a 2-2 draw, i think they really tried their best in this game but this very time around they will surely go for a win in this game and i think they are a good sides when it comes to playing games at their own very ground.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Oxford v Bradford - Over 2.5 @ 2.10 - Betfair 5pts I touched on this in the Carling Cup thread but Oxford's boss was disappointed with the 1-0 loss last weekend to Rotherham so switched his forward line to a three striker prolonged attack for the tie vs Cardiff. It seemed to work as they managed to net and had a fair few shots that would hit the net against a lower standard keeper. That game finished 1-1 but both teams had enough chances to take it over the line. Bradford would have been down after their 3-2 defeat to Leeds after being in front twice but they will need to pick themselves up here. Their defence is woeful at the moment and Oxford should be fancying their chances, but Bradford have some quality at the front of their set-up to hurt the hosts themselves. Including friendlies, they have netted and conceded in their last six games and should be preparing for relegation if they don't right their defence. If they are on form, Oxford could clear this line themselves but I fancy Bradford to nick a goal so the overs seem quite juicy, considering.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Bristol Rovers (2.06, Betfair 1pt) seems a great pick to me. I suspect that Torquay and Martin Ling are going to need some more time to gel. Bad defensive performances in their first two games and they really should have shipped more goals against Burton. Bristol Rovers have had the relative luxury of a week off after their cup game was cancelled. I certainly fancy them to go well this season and they had a dominant win against AFC on the first day of the season. As the former manager, Buckle will certainly have a good idea about many of the players in the opposition and this gives them the upper hand.

Bristol Rovers (2.06, Betfair 1pt) seems a great pick to me. I suspect that Torquay and Martin Ling are going to need some more time to gel. Bad defensive performances in their first two games and they really should have shipped more goals against Burton. Bristol Rovers have had the relative luxury of a week off after their cup game was cancelled. I certainly fancy them to go well this season and they had a dominant win against AFC on the first day of the season. As the former manager, Buckle will certainly have a good idea about many of the players in the opposition and this gives them the upper hand.
Torquay on paper are seriously out-matched in this fixture but the Buckle dynamic is an interesting one. My counter argument would be it could galvanise Torquay a little more than usual, facing up against the boss that left them. EVS normally would be good value for Rovers here but for me personally this game is a no bet. GL if you take it though, many will fancy Rovers here.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Lay Dagenham @ 2.38 (1.73) With the season only one game in a lot of picks are based mostly on gut feelings, but I like Wimbledon here. Put up a good fight against league favourites Bristol last weekend, and are playing Daggers at a decent time, fresh off the back of their spanking at Bournemouth. On an unrelated note (or just fleshing my post out :p) good to see Wimbledon back in the league. Always liked the club and hopefully I'll like 'em even more come five o'clock tomorrow :hope

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Bristol Rovers v Torquay Bristol Rovers - 2.05 William Hill Paul Buckle's men look a good price here at home to his former club. The atmosphere and intensity on the pitch will be great for this one considering its Buckle's old side and he has brought many players from Plainmoor with him to Bristol. Rovers had a rest midweek due to their cup game being postponed. They were far the better team at Kingsmeadow last week and in Scott McGleish they have a possible proven goalscorer at this level. Torquay got battered at Southampton midweek using near enough the same squad that drew at home to Burton Albion. They are not impressing me at the moment, a quick look at the stats on the Burton game shows that Martin Ling's men were the weaker side. Add to that the morale hit they took being smashed at St.Mary's I think this offers good value.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham Away Win 2.9 Paddy Plymouth have endured turmoil in recent years and are still struggling with finances etc, the average age of there squad in the was 21 for the league cup, I know a few were rested but its still a young squad. They only snatched a draw in the opening fixture with a goal in the last minute. Rotherham started with a win and have one of the best strikers in the division amongst there ranks in Adam Le Fondre, 67 goals in three season, who was looked at by lots of clubs in the close season. They have also added Lewis Gradden to there front line who scored at the weekend and will gets goals this season, didn't really make it at Millwall and a higher level but looks a good prospect in league 2.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Oxford v Bradford Id be wary of backing us at odds on. Full strength side played 120 minutes on wednesday night against superior opposition and there has to be tired legs. Bradford put a lot in at Leeds too but theyve had an extra days rest and travelled down today. We will be desperate for a win with pressure already on after two defeats whereas you have to think Bradford would take a draw, and with Syers out too I also wouldnt be taking Bradford to win. Syers omission makes me think twice about overs but the best strategy with oxford home games last season was to back the biggest price of over 2.5 goals or both teams to score. So that gives us overs at 2.14 (pinnacle). Not sure what the crisis comment is about. Peter Leven came to us injured from MK Dons after doing his metatarsal in April. Hes missed most of pre season and is being played from the bench as he works his way back to fitness. We are also missing Paul Mclaren's protective qualities in the midfield three and he is a big player for us. He's missed three games since he joined and weve lost all three.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 13 August Sport Football (England - L2) Event Bristol - Torquay Selection Bristol Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 Reasoning Second round of English League Two. In my opinion Bristol in this season is one of the bigges candidate to promotion. This team been relegated from League One and want back to this league. In first round against newcomers from Wimbledon show very good offense stuff and won 3:2 on away. Torquay in last season played in play-off, but can't repeat this in this season. In my opinion, of course. Torquay in first round made 2:2 at home against Burton. Bristol is stronger and take 3 points

Event Accrington Stanley v Southend
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.40
Reasoning the away team are the mostly likey to want to claim a point here in this game as they have a good records in terms of perfomance and i think they will rather settle for a draw in this game, the home Accrington Stanleyteam will want to win this game but the away team would rather settle for a draw in this game this a draw game in the league divison this week as i see the move of the away team in the 1st game in which they won.

Event Cheltenham v Swindon
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.40
Reasoning swindon are the mostly likey to want to claim a point here in this game as they have a good records in terms of perfomance and i think they will rather settle for a draw in this game, the home team Cheltenham will want to win this game but the away team would rather settle for a draw in this game this a draw game in the league divison this week as i see the move of the away team in the 1st game in which they won 3 -0 againsy crewe.

Lay Dagenham @ 2.38 (1.73) With the season only one game in a lot of picks are based mostly on gut feelings, but I like Wimbledon here. Put up a good fight against league favourites Bristol last weekend, and are playing Daggers at a decent time, fresh off the back of their spanking at Bournemouth. On an unrelated note (or just fleshing my post out :p) good to see Wimbledon back in the league. Always liked the club and hopefully I'll like 'em even more come five o'clock tomorrow :hope
2-0 :)

Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham Away Win 2.9 Paddy Plymouth have endured turmoil in recent years and are still struggling with finances etc, the average age of there squad in the was 21 for the league cup, I know a few were rested but its still a young squad. They only snatched a draw in the opening fixture with a goal in the last minute. Rotherham started with a win and have one of the best strikers in the division amongst there ranks in Adam Le Fondre, 67 goals in three season, who was looked at by lots of clubs in the close season. They have also added Lewis Gradden to there front line who scored at the weekend and will gets goals this season, didn't really make it at Millwall and a higher level but looks a good prospect in league 2.
Convincing 4-1 win for Rotherham, although they did fall behind in the second half. Le Fondre also got two. :nana:nana:nana