Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Blackburn v Wolverhampton
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.50
Reasoning with what they played last in their last encounter in the premier league i think the two sides have what it takes to match each other this time around as this is the start of the season i don't see the away side losing out in this game this time around,the least they will settle for is a draw i think.

Event Wigan v Norwich
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.50
Reasoning with data available i think this newly promoted Norwich team are a team to look out for in this premier league season as they have a good last 5 games performance both home and away in the championship last season beating the likes of Nottm Forest at home,Ipswich at away,Derby at home,Portsmouth at away and a draw against Coventry in a 2-2 draw,i think they are wonderful and indeed good team in the premier league unlike the home team wigan who also are a team of many years of experience in the premier league games i think they will rather want to settle for a drw here in this game than rathan loss the 3 point here but i don't think thet can beat the away team in this game, so a draw is sure here.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Blackburn v Wolves Just read the contrasting fan written (they would know the teams alot better than a neutral punter) blogs and it's plain to see why the play here is either Wolves DNB or Wolves + 0.5 http://blogs.soccernet.com/wolves/archives/2011/07/now_that_the_dust_has.php http://blogs.soccernet.com/blackburnrovers/archives/2011/07/the_palace_of_westminster_may.php Goodluck all

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Fulham v Aston Villa I think Aston Villa can get off to a winning start this weekend. I think it is very worrying for Fulham that they are so reliant on Bobby Zamora and it seems Martin Jol is going to start him Saturday even though he is recovering from a broken hand, thats not a good sign of strength in depth in my opinion. On the other hand Alex McLeish i feel will have Villa set up very well defensively and with N'Zogbia starting i think he will be a breath of fresh air to them and will cause Fulham a lot of problems. Then you must factor in Darren Bent, who is one of the best strikers in the league. Defensively i can see Villa being strong and attacking i see Villa being a potent force.. Question marks over Fulhams defence and big question marks over the forward-line, i think Aston Villa have a good chance to win this game and get Alex McLeish to win over the Villa fans immediately, i think it could be a dull day for Fulham and Martin Jol!! Aston Villa Win @ 13/5 (Boylesports) Blackburn v Wolverhampton For me personally i can only see a home win here the weekend. Blackburn are after buying the Serbian powerhouse Radosav Petrovic from Partizan Belgrade, a quality defensive midfielder in my opinion. Blackburn have a good record against Wolves in recent history and i think it shall continue. Samba may be missing but i dont think Wolves will threaten much. For wolves, its looking like Doyle could possibly miss out and that would be a huge loss. I think Mick McCarthy is being ridiculously optimistic looking to finish in the top 10 this season, he doesnt have the players to do it and i think he will be doing well to avoid relegation again this year. Blackburn always have a very good home record and lots of pressure on the manager to do well this season with the Indian Chicken-heads looking for trophies so home win forecast for me, was expecting Blackburn to be 4/5 so 11/10 is value to me. Blackburn Win @ 11/10 (Boylesports) Double Also! Good Luck

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Man City 1st half score 2-0 @ 5/1 Bwin Small stakes on this It'll take Swansea a game or two to adjust to how to play in the Premiership, will be difficult to adjust on a very difficult away trip up frirst. Can see City wanting to put in a great performance up first and get rid of any lingering headlines from the Community Shield

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Premiership Accumulator Liverpool win @ 1/2 Should have too much for this Sunderland side, this Liverpool team could prove to be a strong force this season, they have a well balanced team and a manager the players will fight for. Hard to see Sunderland trouble the side at Anfield! Carroll i can see scoring and Meireles will be instrumental. Tottenham win @ 5/6 Everton nearly always get off to a slow start at the beginning of the year so a big opportunity for spurs to get off the mark. They have hung onto Bale and Modric so they have a very strong side again this season and yes if Everton do play to their potential they will have a good chance but the likelihood is a Spurs home win! Wigan win @ 10/11 Norwich will be doing very well to stay in the PL this year. I dont think they will get enough points away from home to stay up and even though Wigan are no great shakes themselves , this looks like a golden opportunity to get the league campaign off to a winning start and the price is rather attractive also. I can see Al-Habsi keeping a clean sheet. Chelsea win @ 4/6 The new manager in for Chelsea can only be a positive in my opinion. I think this manager is hungry for success (scary for us Man Utd fans) and chelsea should get off to a winning start with the squad of players they have, Stoke are a dogged team but i can see Anelka slotting a goal or two home for the away side. Man City @ 1/4 Nearly a sure home win here in my opinion, reflected by the price i guess... Swansea face a daunting task on their opening game, i just cant see them scoring against the City defence. City should score 2 or 3 goals at home to this lot and i can see Clichy and Kompany keeping the City side very solid at the back. Accum is just under 10/1

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Draw Treble QPR V Bolton This will be a very tight tricky affair. QPR fans will be buzzing but they may find it hard to break Bolton down and Bolton may find it hard to score. I think this will be a 0-0 or 1-1 game, i find it hard to see either team winning! Draw @ 21/10 Newcastle v Arsenal Arsenal may have nightmares coming back here after losing such a big lead here last season. I think Newcastle will be up for it again and wont fear Arsenal, hard to know what Arsenal are capable of this season and i a forecasting a draw here. Draw @ 5/2 West Brom v Man Utd I am a United supporter but i think this opener may be a very tricky game! Shane Long we may see up front for the Brum and he will be a big threat. United found it difficult away from home last season and west brom i think were one of the only sides to get a result at old trafford last season. Could well be a draw. Draw @ 3/1 Draw Treble works out @ over 42/1 Also going to do a small bet on the 10 results for the weekend... Blackburn win @ EVS Aston Villa win @ 9/4 Liverpool win @ 1/2 QPR v Bolton Draw @ 21/10 Tottenham win @ 5/6 Wigan win @ 10/11 Newcastle v Arsenal Draw @ 5/2 Chelsea win @ 4/6 West Brom v Man Utd Draw @ 3/1 Man City win @ 1/4 3,084/1 :loon

I just think that so high odds can't be ignored in Premier League. Just two examples Liverpool 1-2 Blackpool @ 12.00' date=' Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland @ 15.00.[/quote'] That's an awful argument. What about the many defeats away teams with massive prices suffered on the road last season?

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Norwich Draw No Bet @ 2.75 (Various) Also jumping on the Norwich bandwagon. Some good signings and a very good up and coming manager should give City a good chance of staying up. We were very good on the road last season, so are well equipped to go to the JJB and win. Haven't really given too much thought to the loss of N'Zogbia and Cleverley, as I would of assumed a bright coach like Martinez would be fully aware of any replacements needed, but they've struggled at home under the former Swansea manager, and I think the 4,500 strong Norwich support can help the Canaries surprise here.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Blackburn Rovers v Wolverhampton The way I see it Blackburn is very much unchanged from last season with one or two new additions to the squad. Home form will be important to them but Wolverhampton will get their teeth stuck into them as they do in every match. The best Bet here would be Both team to score at 1.72 Bet365 Fulham v Aston villa Fulham is strong at home and will be consistent as always at home even with new manager Martin Jol. I don’t see Aston Villa getting here anything. The way Alex McLeish runs his team is he buys mediocre players and makes them defend for life hoping to nick one goal on counter attack. It may suit them more because of the width of stadium but Fulham should do the job here. The best Bet here is Fulham to win 2-0 at 9.50 Bet365 Liverpool v Sunderland After seeing Liverpool in the friendlies this month looks to a team still jellying together. I don’t know if the chemistry is yet there. Liverpool has spent about 100 million on new players compared to Sunderland who spent roughly 25 million. Liverpool has lots of midfielders and it seems Kenny Dalglish will have them set playing attacking football this season. Their major weakness will be defence if they focus too much on forward play. Sunderland has also signed a few experienced old timers and will set out to be hard to beat. This is when Liverpool can get caught out so my final opinion is that Liverpool will win it but it will be hard fought game. Liverpool to win 2-0 at 6.50 Bet365 Queens Park Rangers v Bolton I actually think they have a good chance of winning here being the championship first team to start their season at home ground. The euphoria and the zest to win maybe will be enough here. I feel Bolton will struggle as they lost the striker Daniel Sturridge who has been their life saver in the closing stages of last season and Kevin Davies isn’t always consistent. Bolton also lost a few of their important players to injury so I don’t think the season will start good for Bolton starting with this game. QPR win at 2.37 Bet365 Tottenham v Everton Depending if Luka Modric will leave the club by Saturday because if he does then it will have big impact in the final outcome of this match. Either way I suspect he wants to leave desperately so we may not see the best of him on the pitch. He is Tottenham’s golden playmaker and without him they don’t create many opportunities. Everton haven’t brought any new players to the club and will look to carry on where they left off last season and many players they had out injured will be back, including Louis Saha. I think on the balance both teams can hold out for a draw. Draw at 3.40 Bet365 Newcastle united v Arsenal I don’t see any quality in Newcastle at the moment. It seems to be a team rebuilding with youth and new players from lower leagues but will they be ready. I suppose some will prove their worth this season. On the other hand I’m expecting both Nasri and Fabragas to be included in this fixture and hence a clear win for away team Arsenal to win at 1.90 Bet365 Stoke v Chelsea I’m kind of apprehensive about the way Chelsea will play this season. They were known to be well organised team over the years which won them the titles but the new manager Andre Villas Boas has promised to free them from decision making whatever that means. The old timers in the squad will have to prove if they have the fitness and energy to win matches against opponents like this. I still rate Chelsea in this match higher then Stoke but I know they could choke. Perhaps this one could surprise with a draw but I am backing away team. Chelsea to win at 1.61 Bet365 West Bromwich Albion v Manchester united It’s no competition really but I think West Bromwich Albion will impress with their defensive and attacking ability and may even score one goal but Manchester utd is too strong here they cannot fail after have excellent season friendlies. Manchester United to win 3-1 at 12/1 Bet365

That's an awful argument. What about the many defeats away teams with massive prices suffered on the road last season?
But it is the opening game for both teams and it is also played on Monday when quite often surprise results happen.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Tottenham Hotspur to win - 2.00 William Hill Happy to take spurs here, Everton are well known slow starters in the Premiership. I watched their friendly last week against Villarreal and they were very poor, lacking creativity spark and a good strike on goal. Seamus Coleman also picked up an injury in which rules him out for a few months which is hurtful for Everton as he was one their better performers at the back end of last season. I also watched Tottenham against Athletico Bilbao in a game they won. They looked a lot slicker than their opponents and also a lot fitter.

Tottenham Hotspur to win - 2.00 William Hill Happy to take spurs here, Everton are well known slow starters in the Premiership. I watched their friendly last week against Villarreal and they were very poor, lacking creativity spark and a good strike on goal. Seamus Coleman also picked up an injury in which rules him out for a few months which is hurtful for Everton as he was one their better performers at the back end of last season. I also watched Tottenham against Athletico Bilbao in a game they won. They looked a lot slicker than their opponents and also a lot fitter.
Decent price on Tottenham here but it is very likely this game to be postponed.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Hi guys! I'm no big expert on Premiership, but I can see one match that looks really good for punter's point of view. It's priced fairly high, and it looks like it has really great chances. Some reasoning: Fulham is a very die hard team specially at home. New manager Martin Jol is doing very good progressing Fulham into next round of Europa League with 0-0 away and 2-0 home results against RNK Split. They have signed John Arne Rijse which is a very good move IMHO. On the other hand Villa have lost Ashley Young and Stewart Downing and their only significant signing is Charles N'Zogbia from Wigan Athletic. For me it's a fair HOME WIN. Odds: Fulham WIN @2.2

Newcastle - Arsenal That being said I wouldn't trust neither Newcastle nor Arsenal here, given the odds. If van Persie and Walcott are fit and Vermaelen, Gibbs etc remain out, an over 2.5 or both teams to score bet might be on the card.
I don't believe van Persie will be ready for this game as he is on premiership injurt list because of his ankle injury. If this happend than Chamakh will step up easily so for this game Newcastle v Arsenal I also expekt lot of goals.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 5pts - Fulham v A Villa - Draw @ 3.25 StanJames I like the look of the draw in this one and atm this will be my only bet for the first round of premier league fixtures. I think these teams are fairly evenly matched and in an opening day game I think the emphasis will be more on avoiding defeat than going for the win. McLeish is more about building his teams from the back and I expect Villa to be pretty tight away from home this season. IMO they now have one of the best keepers in the premier league in Shay Given, and while I don't think they will rip up any trees straight away I do think they will be hard to beat. With both teams under new management this season I think both will be relatively happy to take a point, and in the end I don't expect either team to be able to force the win. GL 2 ALL :ok

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Obviously he's managing elsewhere in the city now but to me Fulham (despite having several managers over the last few years) are a team i don't think McLeish has ever got his head around at Birmingham. I don't know what is, I think its the expansiveness of Fulhams football that his Brum teams have struggled against. His attempts to keep Brum up in his first half season were ruined by the form Roy Hodgson got them in (also in his first half season at Fulham) when everyone at one stage felt Fulham would take up one of the relegation spots. Birmingham were battered 2-0 towards the end of that relegation season in May 2008 and in May last season were battered at home 2-0. I use the word battered, because the scorelines weren't apt (we didn't manage a shot on Target in the game in 2008). I was there in May and they tore us apart and it could have been a cricket score. Of the 5 games managed Brum against Fulham since he took over he only managed 1 win (and lost 3). Obviously this all means nothing as he's at a new side but the fact the Europa league early start may mean Fulham are more ready for the season to start (after playing competitive games already) and Fulham have a manager that will continue with the same philosphy as the last (not to mention he's had more time with his new players than Mcleish has); whereas Aston Villa will be trying to get used to a new philosophy based on getting the team defensive shape right. I'm going for Fulham Not sure what stake yet.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Blackburn v Wolves selection : DRAW odds : 3.30 bookmaker : BET365 Strength of bet : 7/10 Draws are always abit of a difficult bet to justify i find ,but a tried and tested logic i find most profitable is picking the draw when the home team will struggle to score and the away team will too. Wolves record (my team) at Edwood park is abysmal recently and the performances for the last 3 visits have been some of the worse of the season too. However, with the sigining of Johnson, who i believe is the best buy outside the top6 of the summer so far, defensive organisation should improve significantly. The major weakness is the LB position but again this should improve now we have a leader and organisation improves. MM (mick mccarthy) often decides on 4-5-1 away although his preferred formation is 4-4-2 but we haven't had the defence to cope with a man less in midfield. Maybe that will change now Johnson has signed. MM would ideally like to play Doyle and Fletcher up top. Doyle is an injury doubt for saturday and is unlikely to play, screwing up 4-5-1 as he is the only man who allows us to play it successfully. For those who don't know a whole lot about Doyle, don't be fooled by his poorish goal stats, the man is the best lone striker outside of Drogba and that's not biased viewing, he really is that good and very under-rated. He will be a big loss to Wolves for the week or 2 he's out. I'd expect us to start 4-5-1 saturday with fletcher the lone striker ( a decent and more prolific replacement for Doyle but doesn't add so much to the overall team). I think it'll be a scrappy game and i can't see there being much space in midfield or the final third. I'd expect as usual with Blackburn, that they will be looking to score from set pieces and crosses whereas wolves will attempt the same also and perhaps an odd counter. I don't think Blackburn will go all out for a win and Wolves will be happy with that. The last 3 games have gone over 3-1 3-1 and 5-0 but i think unders is a solid bet here also. It could go either way 1-0 or 0-1 but i'd say the draw is as good a draw bet there is from all the english football fixtures this weekend. As is football though, it could be a 7 goal thriller but i'd say opening day nerves,lower stamina, both teams happy to settle with a point if drawing with 10 min go and/or at best one team 1-0 up with few min go, the likely scenarios point to 1-1 or 0-0. For value hunters, i think 32% profit would be made over 100 bets betting on the draw in games like these. breakeven conversion 3/10 and 32% profit conversion 4/10 correct. conclusion : draw @ 3.30 and under 2.5 goals @ 1.80

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Other bets i'm considering. Liverpool v Sunderland over 2.5 @ 1.90 Bet365 5/10 Newcastle v Arsenal over 2.5 @ 1.80 bet365 8/10 wba v man utd over 2.5 @ 1.80 bet365 5/10 I'd definitly like the look of the Newcastle game going over 2.5. I'll be quite suprised if it doesn't. Arsenal enjoy playing on wide, open pitches and are good for a goal if not more. Early evening kick offs do affect players and i find they produce a few goals. Also, Arsenals fragility off the field can only help this bet in my mind and again it will be the same old arsenal, fantastic technically but too weak to keep a clean sheet. The other 2 i've yet to decide on but it comes down to whether i can see wba scoring as i don't think Man u will score more than 2. perhaps a no bet, now i'm focusing in more. Liverpool, i think there will be goals, i love the look of suarez, think he's a great buy for liverpool and midifeld should chip in. An away goal would help. I also don't think O'shea and Brown will be a success at Sunderland. But i'm mainly banking on Liverpool starting the season with a bang. Can't really explain this one too much but i just think Pool will score 3, sometimes you just have to follow your instinct i suppose. conclusion liverpool over 2.5 @1.90 newcastle over 2.5 @ 1.80 Blackburn draw @ 3.30 Blackburn under 2.5 @ 1.80

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Newcastle – Arsenal Arsenal has a really good attack and they often score. Last 3 games between these two sides at St. James Park produced many goals 2011: Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal (Premier League) 2010: Newcastle 0-4 Arsenal (Carling Cup) 2009: Newcastle 1-3 Arsenal (Premier League) Apart from having a strong front line Arsenal’s defense is not so good and they conceded goals in 5 out of their 6 pre-season friendlies. Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.00 (2 units) Ladbrokes Arsenal to Score 4 or More @ 9.50 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I've moved a whole bundle of posts into the quality discussion thread here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/quality-posts-uk-football-forum-discussion-109435/ Feel free to continue the debate in there - it's open to anyone to contribute their views and we will try to take on board any ideas or suggestions that are made. Let's keep this thread clear for the Premier League tips & discussion. :ok

Man.United always struggled to replace their key goalkeeper, just remember what happened when Schemichel retired. So, I guess they won't keep as many clean sheets as they did last year.
Manchester United are Manchester United. They'll always keep clean sheets, it's last year where we saw away from home how they were conceding huge amounts anyway. With or without Van Der Saar. So, really, I can't see much changing.

Manchester United are Manchester United. They'll always keep clean sheets' date=' it's last year where we saw away from home how they were conceding huge amounts anyway. With or without Van Der Saar. So, really, I can't see much changing.[/quote'] I think they will concede at home this season as well. Let's just wait and see.

I think they will concede at home this season as well. Let's just wait and see.
It would be a bit odd if they didnt concede a goal at home this season!! :lol De Gea, yes shaky start! Is he talented? Yes highly talented, just needs to settle in! United will keep a load of clean sheets this season home and away, they always do! Look at their record in the champions league away from home last year, last year was the worst they could have ever done away from home and they still won the league, they cant do as bad this season!

It would be a bit odd if they didnt concede a goal at home this season!! :lol De Gea, yes shaky start! Is he talented? Yes highly talented, just needs to settle in! United will keep a load of clean sheets this season home and away, they always do! Look at their record in the champions league away from home last year, last year was the worst they could have ever done away from home and they still won the league, they cant do as bad this season!
I wanted to say that they will concede more at home compared to last season and there won't be as many clean sheets. I agree that De Gea is talanted and he won U-21 European Championship with Spain, but he will need a year or so to settle.

Event West Brom vs Man Utd
Selection Man Utd -1.0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.93
Reasoning The last four times these two teams have met in this exact fixture, Man Utd have won with the following scores: 1:2 (2011), 0:5 (2009), 1:2 (2006), 0:3 (2004). Since the end of last season, Man Utd have won all 6 pre-season friendlies and the community shield. In comparison, West Brom have played 7 pre-season friendlies in which they W2 D3 L2. Not exactly terrible, but not great. I fully expect Man Utd to win, it is just a question of how many goals they can win by. I expect them to win by two or more but in the event that they do win by only 1 goal, my stake will be returned.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Hi guys, horrible time of year for a punter, great week for a football lover, mixed emotions for ourselves. No stats, no form...what to do .... But i haven’t waited this long to watch it go by without a bet so here are some thoughts.... LIVERPOOL – SUNDERLAND fancy sunderland to have a great season, infact ive backed them to win the league at 10s EW (without the big 6 – NOW 6/1 BET 365). They have bought well and more importantly have bought early which gives them plenty of time to gel. They have replaced mensah and onouha with oshea and brown = stronger. They have replaced Henderson with gardner and Larsson = stronger. Wickham could be anything and hope he hits the ground running but i don’t believe he needs to as the trio of Gyan, Elmohammady and Sessegnon who had good seasons will be more used to the premier league this year and will be very good. That said.... im backing Liverpool in this fixture in a tight affair and sunderland to kick on week later at home to Newcastle. I think a game at anfield with a fresh new team, Kenny in charge and a real sense of a fresh start will be enough to see them through with the help of course of a very good team. I fancy a man of the match display from downing and a winner from carroll in a very entertaining low scoring game. SCORE PREDICTION - 1-0 BET(S) - UNDER 2.5 GOALS @ 19/20 BET365 LIVERPOOL WIN TO NIL @ 11/8 BET365 NEWCASTLE – ARSENAL Just for your knowledge, im a gooner. I cant remember the last time a fixture screamed NO BET at me like this one, we are in turmoil right now and i expect it to get worse before Saturday. I think fabregas will be gone by then and nasri will drag on till the last day of august....but both will leave. Its reported we could be missing 8 first teamers on Saturday but id expect that figure to be 3 with Wilshire, fabregas and kocielny missing. Newcastle look to have a very good team ON PAPER but may take a while to get to know each others games properly, i think they will have a good season (top 10 5/2 @ BET 365) with obertan, ba, barton, ben arfa, tiote they will certainly be attractive. Anything could happen in this game, if i was a lunatic id probably stick a point or 2 on under 2.5 goals and the 0-0 and 1-1 draw....as it is im just a gambler, i love money and i wont be parting with any of it on this game.. SCORE PREDICTION - 1-1 BET(S) - NO BETS BLACKBURN – WOLVES 2 things i will definetly be backing this year, BLACKBURN TO GO DOWN (100/30 @ CORAL) and KEAN TO BE SACKED FIRST (11/4 @ SKYBET). I think they have a terrible squad, have not improved and have a lot of broken promises from owners, Kean may be a decent manager (i don’t know yet) but i don’t think anyone can keep them up this year unless they spend spend spend like they said they were going too. Wolves however IMO will go from strength to strength with a solid campaign(10-12th). Ohara and Johnson are key men and will be the driving force to a narrow win in this fixture. Both may very well be in the running for the England squad at the end of the season i think. SCORE PREDICTION - 1-3 BET(S) - WOLVES @ 11/4 BET 365 BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 5/6 SKYBET other games to come....good luck to all