** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Going with a few more bets, hope I get off to a winning start.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Newcastle vs Arsenal
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.86
Reasoning Going to stick with what the statistics are telling me. The last 3 times these two teams have met in this exact fixture, the match has ended with Over 2.5 Goals (4:4, 0:4, 1:3). I feel that the trend will stick based on a couple of facts. Firstly, both camps are in a bit of an unrest with the situation surrounding Barton and the duo Fabregas & Nasri. Arsenal squad for this match did not include the duo who are more than likely to have moved away before the end of the transfer window. In the friendlies that Arsenal have played, they have always been quick to take the lead through Van Persie or Gervinho but their defense have always looked shaky allowing the opposition to claw back a draw or to win in some of their friendlies played. All things considered, I feel this match is perfectly poised for Over 2.5 Goals and am happy be backing this.
Event Stoke City vs Chelsea
Selection Chelsea
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72
Reasoning Chelsea have been great in pre-season winning all 6 of their pre-season games. Stoke have played 3 pre-season games with the record of 0W 2D 1L. They have also played two UEFA Europa League Qualification matches where they won both legs with the score of 1:0. Of the 3 times these two teams have met in this exact fixture, Chelsea have won 2 (0:2 and 1:2) and drawn 1 (1:1). In general Chelsea are a team that are really fast out of the blocks in the beginning of the season as we have come to see in the past few seasons. With their excellent pre-season form, I fully expect Chelsea to win this game. The only dilemma would be who to play as the lone striker up front in a 4-3-3 formation that AVB mentioned he will be probably running. With Torres now fit for the match as well, it is hard to make the choice. Personally I would go with Drogba to deal with the more sturdy defense of Stoke.
Event Liverpool vs Sunderland
Selection Clean Sheet - Liverpool
Strength 5/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10
Reasoning Liverpool have an excellent record against Sunderland winning 5 and drawing 5 of their matches. 7 of their 10 matches have ended with Liverpool having a clean sheet. The most recent fixture ended with a score of 2:2 back in 2010/2011 season. Given a really shitty pre-season for Liverpool and all the goals they conceded against mediocre sides, I am only going to back this bet with medium-ish stakes though based on the record this should/could be a max bet.
Event QPR vs Bolton
Selection Double Chance - Bolton or Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.61
Reasoning I feel Bolton will be much more prepared for this game despite not making any major signings. This is because of a few reasons. First of all Bolton have played 8 games with the record of 6W 0D 2L. In comparison, QPR have only played 3 games with the record of 1W 0D 2L. In terms of match fitness and pre-season form, I feel that Bolton is much better in comparison. The past head-to-heads do not have much value in my eyes given it took place over 10 years ago, but the record between these two teams in this exact fixture stands at 2W 1D 2L for QPR. Overall, I feel Bolton should have more than enough to hang on for at least a draw.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Just to input on Wigan v Norwich from a Wigan fan trying to put a different perspective on some of the comments in this thread regarding our squad. Yes we lost N'Zogbia and yes he was by far our best player. However Moses finished the season brilliantly and has had a great pre-season - the hope is he will be this years N'Zogbia. Cleverley was in and out the team, had a few injuries and was often found missing so didn't contribute too much for us last year. That said, it doesn't mean he won't have a good year at Utd - better team and all that. His attitude was faultless. Tomorrow we will miss McCarthy who is rated at 10% chance of playing and Alcaraz (not match fit after Copa America). So could lack some midfield guile and solid defending as a consequence. Rodallega is very inconsistent and I would take anything over £5m for him tomorrow. Providing we spent it on someone. Connor Sammon also finished last season strongly - a proper centre forward brick shithouse who will cause problems if he plays regularly. So - Norwich will be well up for it - we are not 100% but in good mental form thanks to Martinez and no more dissenters (N'Zogbia handed transfer request in the day before the Blackpool humiliation last year) - and I would not be surprised with any result. Result - NO Bet Suggested Goalscorer Bets: Moses 1st Goalscorer 8/1 Various Moses Anytime Scorer 11/4 Skybet / Will Hill Good luck Peeps.
Great analysis. With you on this one! :ok
Event Wigan Athletic vs Norwich City
Selection Anytime Scorer - V.Moses
Strength 3/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 4.00
Reasoning Going to have a nibble at this one having read this post. To add to it, ever since N'Zogbia left, V.Moses has had an opportunity to play and has rewarded his Manager's faith with 5 goals during pre-season. I think it is worth a small-ish stakes to see if he can perform against the promoted side Norwich at home. Conditions could not be better for V.Moses to score I feel.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. Thought I should put some more info into the Wigan - Norwich debate, this time from a Norwich fan. I'm staying well away from the results market in this one*. Our away form last season is why we got promoted, and particularly we scored several last minute/injury time goals that got us draws/wins that other teams would have maybe missed out on. That said, we haven't won an away game in the Premier League for something like 30 matches. Paul Lambert (aka, The Messiah) is undoubtedly the best manager we've had in a long time, so the long stretch of no premier league away wins might not be so relevant, but from the odds I've seen offered so far on us for the outright win I'm not so sure that the bookies haven't got the price about right. Where I would bet is goals - as everyone has noticed, Moses is a good shout to score anytime. Our defensive record was not great last season - we got results through scoring. I would take over 2.5 at 10/11 at various outlets as a good shout. Finally, as a more speculative punt, you can get Wigan/Draw on the HT/FT market at 14-1 at various outlets. As I said above, we scored a rediculous number of late goals last season, and I can well see this ending 2-2 or even 3-3. Team spirit hasn't been better at Norwich, and if there's a sniff of a late draw, Lambert will have us out for it. GL all. *which actually means I'm of course betting on Norwich, but just because I can in the premier league, not for any value reasons.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I cant see how we are backable today given the way we finished last season, how we have underperformed pre season and the fact we are missing Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere from our midfield. Thankfully Newcastle arent in great shape themselves but i'd have little hesitation laying us away from home at 2.18. Lay Arsenal @ 2.18 betfair

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Despite last year's 4-4 draw, I'm tempted by the under 2.5 goals bet, due to the apparent lack of creativity in our midfield and the fact that Vermaelen's presence will help reduce the amount of defensive catastrophes that were present in that match. Arsenal v Newcastle under 2.5 goals @ betfair 2.12

Excellent information provided and nice to read a balanced appraisal from a fan of one of the teams:ok Last season only two teams had home records that were worse than Wigan’s. Those teams were Blackpool and West Ham and we all know what happened to them. It was Wigan’s away form that kept them up, they finished a very respectable ninth in the away table just ahead of the likes of Fulham and Liverpool. Over the past couple of seasons Wigan have been very difficult to predict because one week they’ll beat a team of the calibre of Chelsea, the next get thumped by a struggler. What can you say about Norwich? Two successive promotions will do for a start with the joint best away record alongside QPR last season in the Championship. On paper they couldn't have selected a more attractive opening day away fixture to register some early points on the board. I’m reminded of opening day last season when Blackpool thumped Wigan 4-0 at the DW. I remember JK successfully recommending Blackpool -1 at 11/1. Well done again JK. I bet you wasn't expecting to hear praise on that one again;) It was a great shout though:ok Norwich look a more stronger proposition than Blackpool were. Certainly their points tally last season was far superior along with their away record when compared with Blackpool’s promotion season. Of course these are all statistics but at the beginning of a new season there is little else to go off. I ask myself can lightning strike twice on opening day? Well of course it can. A speculative punt has to be the order of the day. Norwich @ 11/4 Bluesq and 888sport Norwich -1 @ 17/2 Stan James
:ok I actually agree with you although I would maybe like a slightly better price. I just really don't think Martinez is the man to get a team worked up for the opening day of the season, where as I think Paul Lambert can (remember he lead Colchester to a 7-1 victory over Norwich before switching sides!) I really rate Lambert as a manager and whilst I don't think their squad is the greatest in the world, they'll have good momentum from last season and they've got a lot of pace in the team with the likes of Naughton, De Laet, Hoolahan, Surman, Pilkington, Morison, Jackson etc. They've got a lot of different attacking options they can choose from. Wigan are without McCarthy, probably without Figueroa and Henry Thomas who played in America two days ago, probably without Alcaraz who was at Copa America, and Rodellega may be forced to start despite also playing at Copa America because they have no other options. So yeh, I further your argument for a Norwich win and Norwich -1 and I'm also getting on.

Event QPR - Bolton
Selection QPR
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.30
Reasoning It is very important to QPR to make Loftus Road a fortress if they want to achieve their targets for the Premier League season. It was like that they got promoted to Premiership, as they only were beaten twice at home on the last Championship season at home. It is crucial to them if they want to be successful this season too. After 15 years out of Premier League, the excitment is big and they want to be well succeed, having a great home support. It will be really tough to Bolton get a positive result at a ground where the winning spirit is well present since last season. QPR is also a team known by having a great defensive record, being the best defense of the Championship last season, with a total of 25 clean sheets. Bolton started last season with five consecutive defeats and they were very poor playing away.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Fulham v Aston Villa - Lay Fulham @ 2.0 with Betfair Fulham look too short here for me. They're rightly favourites, but I'd have them nearer the 2.2-2.3 mark. Villa have been weakened up front with the loss of Young and Downing outweighing the addition of N'Zogbia, but we saw at Birmingham that McLeish knows how to organise a defence. Villa finished last season with a decent run to pull clear of danger, picking up wins at Arsenal and West Ham, and a creditable draw at Everton, and with only Cuellar (who appears to be surplus to requirements anyway) missing, they should be at full strength. Fulham have had 6 competitive games already of course, but I'm not convinced that will make a huge difference, given the quality of opposition faced (only Split seemed to offer any sort of challenge). They won just 8 out of 19 home games last season, with 7 draws suggesting that they find it difficult to kill teams off at the Cottage. I think McLeish would see a point as a decent return here and, with 17 goal Darren Bent in the side, there's always the possibility of them stealing all 3.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Wolves @ 3.52 pinnacle Blackburn are without Nelson in the centre of their defence while Samba is doubtful, so they do look vulnerable in the backline. This leaves the likes of Salgado, Hanley, Givet and Olssonn as the back four and not one you would consider to be safe. Up front, besides Hoilett and maybe Pederson, goals may be hard to come by, especially with a Wolves defence that should be strengthened by having Johnson from Birmingham there, to complement Berra. Wolves were competitive towards the end of last season and expect them to be much prepared for this season, knowing how close they came to be relegated. With Jarvis down the flanks and Doyle up front, they have too good players who are capable of creating and scoring, and like their chances of exposing a questionable Blackburn defence. Like Wolves to win this one, as McCarthy's boys get a good start to the season Fulham - Aston Villa draw @ 3.54 pinnacle Fulham were pretty good at home last year and expect them to continue to be hard to beat there this year. They have a good defence, with Hughes, Hangeland and Kelly, and add Riise to it, while the midfield of Duff, Murphy, as well as Etuhu and Dembele has experience as well as some creativity. Up front they have Zamora and Dempsey who were productive last year. They have the makings of a good side, and it should be a pretty good game with Villa who have the makings of a similar side. Though they lost Friedel in goals, Given is a very good replacement, and the backline of Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Young should be much more solid especially as their manager McLeish prides himself on setting up a very tight defence, especially when playing away from home (like you he used to with Birmingham). Though Downing has gone, N'Zgobia is a very good replacement while Bent and Agbonlahor showed last year that they can score goals. With Petrov, Ireland and Albrighton, they have players that pretty much cancel out what Fulham have, and can see this game as where both defences come out on top, as both managers, who are new to their respective clubs, will not be wanting to lose their opening games. Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.29 pinnacle Plenty of optimism at Anfield coming into this season as they had a very good second half of last season, and they have made some new signings to strengthen the squad. While some of their preseason form with their defence was a worry, the last one against Valencia where they pretty much had their first team playing showed that they should be able to be pretty good here against a Sunderland attack that does not offer much with Gyan likely to play by himself up front. In midfield, Adam and Downing should be able to give them much more service to the likes of Carroll and Suarez, if he plays, who are up against two very inconsistent defenders in Ferdinand and Brown. Sunderland look inferior to Liverpool and have a poor away record at Anfield, and have just scored 3 times against them in their last 10 games with Liverpool, and all of these goals were scored by bent who is now at Aston Villa. Hard to see Sunderland scoring here, while Liverpool look more than capable of scoring at least two goals. QPR - Bolton draw @ 3.38 pinnacle QPR conceded the least amount of goals last year in the Championship and they will need to be pretty tight at the back yet again if they are to stay away from relegation. They conceded just 8 goals from set pieces which means Bolton will find it hard for the likes of Davies to score from this. Bolton themselves have a very good central defence with Cahill and Knight there. The rest of the side like to work the ball without much creativity there, and can see this being a dour game. QPR are unbeaten at home in 16 opening games, and have lost just one of their last 12 opening day matches while Bolton have won just one of their last 4 opening day matches. Their away record last year was poor, and can see this being a game where both sides take a point each to start their season off. Wigan - Norwich over 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Wigan are a side that leaks goals and Norwich, who did score the most goals in the Championship last year (83), will like their chances of hitting the back of the net here. However they too tended to concede goals while Wigan has the knack of finding goals in games where they are not expected to score, especially at home agains the better sides. Rodellega up front has the ability to make and score goals, and while his service may be cut without N'Zgobia there, still like his chances of scoring here, as both teams like to attack, and doubt that they will prepare a defensive game plan here, as they see each other as a team that they can beat. Newcastle - Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Expecting a much more cautious approach from Newcastle here as they will look to ensure that they do not concede 4 goals to Arsenal like they did in the corresponding game last year. With their two leading goalscorers in Nolan and Carroll no longer with the club, they are lacking players who can make or create goals, and they will look to grind their way into getting results. Arsenal should be much more solid at the back with Vermaelen there, but they could have problems in going forward and breaking down a Newcastle defence that is expected to be much more compact here. With no Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere and possbily van Persie, they are missing some classy players. Arsenal will probably do enough in the end to edge it though, but doubt that it will involve 8 goals like it did last season

Event Wigan - Norwich
Selection Norwich
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 3.40
Reasoning Wigan had to sold N'Zogbia and Boseli this season, maybe two of the best players they had, and in my opinion they hadn't replaced them properly. Wigan is not also a great team playing at home and the support won't be a problem to Norwich. Norwich made some good signings, not too much known but good players from lower divisions, full of ambition. And they also kept the majority of the team also signing experienced players from the Premiership. I think Wigan will have lots of problems facing a very offensive team, moralized in this return to the Premiership. Last season, Wigan started very badly the season and this season they don't seem to be very well either. Norwich brings me confidence here, well coached and after the good signings, the morale and spirit winning they brought from the last season makes them be a good bet here, with great odds in my opinion.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Blackburn vs Wolves. > 2.5 goals. 2.14 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Anything above evens in this match for overs is a value for me. Wolves under Mccarthy will never change the way they play football and that is always positive approach. They are vulnerable away from home and most likely will lose this game but can get a goal or even two. There have been six overs in last seven matches between these two and despite this being the start of the new season, I'm confident they can produce another cracking match in terms of goal scoring.

Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.29 pinnacle Plenty of optimism at Anfield coming into this season as they had a very good second half of last season, and they have made some new signings to strengthen the squad. While some of their preseason form with their defence was a worry, the last one against Valencia where they pretty much had their first team playing showed that they should be able to be pretty good here against a Sunderland attack that does not offer much with Gyan likely to play by himself up front. In midfield, Adam and Downing should be able to give them much more service to the likes of Carroll and Suarez, if he plays, who are up against two very inconsistent defenders in Ferdinand and Brown. Sunderland look inferior to Liverpool and have a poor away record at Anfield, and have just scored 3 times against them in their last 10 games with Liverpool, and all of these goals were scored by bent who is now at Aston Villa. Hard to see Sunderland scoring here, while Liverpool look more than capable of scoring at least two goals
Along the same lines as this, I think I have found a decent "interest" bet. I fancy Carroll to get plenty of chances today, with some decent crosses coming in from the likes of Downing. Carroll is a best price 2.25 for anytime goalscorer, so the 6.0 about him to score with his head is worth a tickle imo. 1pt A Carroll to score with a header @6.0 - Unibet

Along the same lines as this, I think I have found a decent "interest" bet. I fancy Carroll to get plenty of chances today, with some decent crosses coming in from the likes of Downing. Carroll is a best price 2.25 for anytime goalscorer, so the 6.0 about him to score with his head is worth a tickle imo. 1pt A Carroll to score with a header @6.0 - Unibet
Plus he'd like nothing more than sticking one in against the Mackems being a Geordie boy. Good luck with that:hope

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Some attacking line ups out there, I would be worried if anyone is on the Under 2.5's. Quite fancy Fulham to beat Villa. A settled line up, no real changes over the summer, a good new manager and their season started a few weeks ago so should be sharper. Not sure if there is much value in them at the moment but I may be tempted just before KO.

Event Newcastle - Arsenal
Selection Newcastle
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 3.80
Reasoning I am not seeing Arsenal loosing this game against this poor Arsenal and the odd is very good. The pre season was not very encouraging and without players like Fabregas or Nasri, things look bad to Arsenal. Fabregas left the club and Nasry, despite he may play or not, wants also to leave the club so we won't see the big Nasri here. Wilshere also won't play. Van Persie and Gibbs are also doubtful. The moment of the team is not the best and they have too many problems to be full concentrate on the game. Newcastle is not the best example but at least they are better than Arsenal. Newcastle has a very good quality midfield and Arsenal, as we saw, is having many important absences on the sector. In the last 13 games at Newcastle, Arsenal could only win 3 and today i am expecting big problems to the London team.

5pts - Fulham v A Villa - Draw @ 3.25 StanJames I like the look of the draw in this one and atm this will be my only bet for the first round of premier league fixtures. I think these teams are fairly evenly matched and in an opening day game I think the emphasis will be more on avoiding defeat than going for the win. McLeish is more about building his teams from the back and I expect Villa to be pretty tight away from home this season. IMO they now have one of the best keepers in the premier league in Shay Given, and while I don't think they will rip up any trees straight away I do think they will be hard to beat. With both teams under new management this season I think both will be relatively happy to take a point, and in the end I don't expect either team to be able to force the win. GL 2 ALL :ok
Well happy with that :cigar

Wigan v Norwich - under 2' date=5 @1,95 with Bet365 Wigan in previous season was a team who played counterattack. It was so mainly because Latics hadn't got a good playmaker, and strikers and wingers predisposition, who were able to play very fast attack. Before the season, to Aston Villa moved N'Zogbia, who was a key figure in the tactic, many of his goals gave the points, also showed off assists. Wigan without him losing a lot when it comes to offensive play. The transfer window was neglected by Wigan and they have not bought anyone in the gap left by N'Zogbia and have not bought a good playmaker, which will continue the game came out poorly positional attack. And in a match against Norwich is difficult to expect that it was the visitors will dictate the pace of the game. This should please them 1 point. So their manager will set the counterattack. In short, I expect tomorrow clumsy attacks Wigan and low score. GL :ok
Bet won :nana

Fulham - Aston Villa: Fulham @ 2.20 (William Hill) 10/10 Given the circumstances, I think this is a good price for Fulham to win. The hosts have better match readiness since they have already played competetively in the Europa Cup and have progressed to the next round. Aston Villa sold its best palyers and hasn't really brought in anything to replace them. The Villa fans are against the new coach and the climate isn't generally positive at Villa at the moment. Fulham is more ready than Villa in every respect and at home should get the win. QPR - Bolton: Bolton @ 3.45 (Pinnacle) 10/10 QPR is newly promoted and lacks experience at this level. The hosts' roster wasn't strengthened in any particular way for the beginning of the season. Impressions from QPR's pre-season weren't that positive. Bolton is an experienced Premier side that would have been higher than its 14th place (2010-2011) had it not been for a terrible end of the season. Bolton's weakness, last year, was the inability to win away (2-5-12). The team's 2 away wins came against West Ham (Relegated to Championship) and Wolves (almost relegated - 1pt above relegation). In the end, I think QPR is still probably a Championship level side and Bolton can play a click higher and win this. Blackburn - Wolves: Wolves @ 3.75 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 After finishing in 15th place (2010-2011) Blackburn sold its best player, Phil Jones, to Man. City and really hasn't added anything to the roster. The hosts will probably miss two important players (Nielsen and Samba). Wolves finished the 2010-2011 season in 17th place just 1pt above relegation. The guests will have probably strengthened their defense with the addition of Johnson. Wolves comes into the match without any real injury problems. Both of these teams will probably struggle to avoid relegation. But at the outset of the season Wolves seems the more ready team and in a position to take all three points. Liverpool should win with a better roster and the home field advatage against Sunderland, but @ 1.50ish I don't want to bother in a single. I'll be using Liverpool in a treble with Schalke and Dortmund to win from the Bundesliga.... Good Luck....:hope
Fulham let me down.....but the Bolton and Wolves bets made up for it!! +42 units to start in the Premier is fine....:clap

Newcastle v Arsenal Both sides facing tough seasons for different reasons, I think however Arsenals drift in price to above evens has made them backable here. Yes they haven't added much to the team yet but they are still at least a couple of levels above Newcastle who have lost Nolan, Barton (kind of) and looks like they will be losing Enrique too. I would price them around 1.8 so happy to take the evens on offer generally. This fixture also has a history of goals and with two weakish defences I think both teams will score, however i cannot see it finishing 1-1 so will also be backing over 2.5 goals. Selections: Arsenal to win @ 2.00 with Bet365 - 1 unit :eyes Over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 with Bet365 - 2 units:eyes
Wigan v Norwich I think a lot of people jumping on the Norwich band-wagon here has pushed the Wigan price into one worth taking. I rate Martinez as a manager and although I think they will be near the relegation zone come May they are still an established Premier League team with plenty of experience and I think the price to beat newly promoted Norwich is too good to pass. Norwich have not added any quality to there squad I feel and will have to rely on there home form to keep them up this season. Selection: Wigan to win @ 2.2 with >Bet365 - 2.5 units:eyes
Awful, awful, awful.

Event West Brom vs Man Utd
Selection Man Utd -1.0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.93
Reasoning The last four times these two teams have met in this exact fixture, Man Utd have won with the following scores: 1:2 (2011), 0:5 (2009), 1:2 (2006), 0:3 (2004). Since the end of last season, Man Utd have won all 6 pre-season friendlies and the community shield. In comparison, West Brom have played 7 pre-season friendlies in which they W2 D3 L2. Not exactly terrible, but not great. I fully expect Man Utd to win, it is just a question of how many goals they can win by. I expect them to win by two or more but in the event that they do win by only 1 goal, my stake will be returned.
I like your reasoning and will take it in a double with Chelsea to win. The reasoning is that Chelsea has a good record against Stoke winning 9 out of their last 10 games against them. Chelsea & Man.United -1 AH @ 3.13 (4 units) Ladbrokes

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Wolves @ 3.52 :D Fulham - Aston Villa draw @ 3.54 :D Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.29 :@ Liverpool were cruising in the first half and should have been leading by at least 2-0 if not 3-0 at half time, but then they gave pretty much nothing in the second half to allow Sunderland back in the game QPR - Bolton draw @ 3.38 :( QPR get taught the harsh realities of the difference between defending in the Premier League and the Championship Wigan - Norwich over 2.5 @ 2.01 :( Surprised this one did not go over over cosidering the number of chances both sies had. Newcastle - Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.03 :D Season picks: 3-3 (+3.09)

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Can't see there being many goals in Stoke Vs Chelsea game, however can see United causing some damage at West Brom. A united win is a cert in my opinion and under 1.5 goals in Stoke Chelsea could be a bet.