England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 West Brom v Manchester Utd Man Utd -2 @ 5.00 (5pts) Man Utd -3 @ 11.00 (5pts) Man Utd have been excellent preseason not losing a single game and winning convincingly against many scoring 3+ goals per game. With the likes of Rooney, Nani, Park, Berbatov, Giggs, Fabio etc Man Utd have attacking players all over the field. Man Utd will only be without Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia and Hernandez. First team selection will be extremely competetive this season for many players and an opportunity to show the critics that they can perform convincingly away from home this season will definately be on the cards. West Brom are very likely to be without top goalscorer Odemwingie and don't really have any viable options anywhere else on the field that will be able to break down the very strong United defense which now includes Jones. West Brom are also well equipped at the back compared to a few other teams in the league. I expect a tight first 30 minutes/first half before United unleash in the second half with 3 or 4 goals. A -3 handicap at 11.00 is too good to pass up at that price so going in with medium stakes with a -2 handicap as cover.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 English Soccer 2011-2012 1W-0L-0P +1.00 units (100.00%) Chelsea -138 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Well this is a square play. I understand Stokeis a tough team to beat at home. They lost a grand total of 5 games all season, last season. It's hard for me not to see Chelsea come out and not go for it all. Won't be a very good start for Villas-Boas if he has to answer for a draw or worse on the first game of the year.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I'm going for overs in West Brom and Man. United match. > 2.5 goals, 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Despite not having Hernandez available, United look awesome in attack. Nani is hungry, Young can do some magic and there's always Wazza to rely on. United had poor away record last term and it will be interesting to see what sort of ball game they will play away from Old Trafford. West Brom have been reorganizes by Roy Hogson and are more solid at the back, yet I still believe this game has every chance to go overs. United can attack and will do so, but their defending is not so strong. De Gea looks vulnerable and this will be his first match in PL. My pick is over 2.5 goals. 2-1 for United would be my choice for perfect score.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I think West Brom won't be as easy to break down as people think. Hodgson has completely turned them around and are extremely hard to break down. As well as this they only lost 1 in their last 13 games last season and results against Man Utd were 2-2 at Old Trafford and lost 2-1 at home. One bet I like as I do not want to touch the results in this one is Yussef Mulumbu to be booked @ 4/1 (Skybet). With 7 yellows and 2 reds last term he is def prone to a card and with the trickiness of Utds players he could and should pick up a booking.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Stoke - Chelsea under 2.5 @ 1.80 pinnacle Stoke have been tough to beat at home, and with two games under their belt having played in the Europa League, they will have an edge in match fitness here. They have brought in Woodgate and Upson to further strengthen their defence, and with Huth and Shawcross there, they will be hard to get past. While Drogba will probably start instead of Torres, these defenders are strong enough to not let him bump them off. Also expect Stoke's midfield of Whelan and Delap not give Lampard and Ramires much room to move. Jones up front is a handful while Walters is lively so they can create some problems for the Chelsea defence, but the Blues too is hard to get past. Stoke have just scored 3 goals in their 6 meetings with Chelsea, with both games last season going under West Brom - Man Utd over 2.5 @ 1.86 pinnacle While West Brom should be a much better side this year with Hodgson there at the start of this season, there is still question marks about their defence. They kept just 2 clean sheets all last season, and doubt that they will keep out Man Utd here as Rooney, Young and Nani look to make a great start for the Champions. West Brom will be competitive at home, and like the pairing of Long with Odemwingie up front, as they two players can give Man Utd's defence some problems. These two teams have gone over in their last 6 meetings with Man Utd drawing 2-2 at home and then winning 2-1 at West Brom Season picks: 3-3 (+3.09)

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Stoke v Chelsea (EPL 13:30) Chelsea to win by 1 goal 12/5 @ Paddy Power - 5 points. First goal Chelsea second half 2/1 @ Paddy Power - 3 points. I fancy Chelsea to win by a single goal today at Stoke (most probably 1-0), Stoke are likely to be playing very defensively and there best chance of scoring will come on the counter attack. Chelsea will control large portions of the match but Stoke have the defence to handle a lot of possession and break down play with former Chelsea defender Robert Huth and the experienced Jonathan Woodgate. Chelsea will make a break through eventually, I fancy Stoke to keep it tight for the first half and Chelsea likely to break them down with a fresh legged substitute or a later goal once Stoke have put a lot of effort in and are tyring.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Chelsea odds touched 1.97 (!!) not long ago, massive value in my opinion! I have the game at 17% - 28% - 55%, 1.97 offers over 108% value here. Still some bookies offering 1.95 which is still pretty sweet, but I don't expect us to see anything higher today - and I expect them to fall pretty quickly as well. Pile on! :)

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

I have the game at 17% - 28% - 55%' date='[/quote'] What are you basing that on? Chelsea have won only 5 of their last 17 away games, whilst Stoke have only lost once at the Brittania in 2011. Stoke have consistancy and a very solid defence, whereas Chelsea have a new manager and are not really sure what they're best attacking line up is. For me the value still lies in laying Chelsea, but I laid them earlier in the week at 1.78 so don't need to get involved again.

I think West Brom won't be as easy to break down as people think. Hodgson has completely turned them around and are extremely hard to break down. As well as this they only lost 1 in their last 13 games last season and results against Man Utd were 2-2 at Old Trafford and lost 2-1 at home. One bet I like as I do not want to touch the results in this one is Yussef Mulumbu to be booked @ 4/1 (Skybet). With 7 yellows and 2 reds last term he is def prone to a card and with the trickiness of Utds players he could and should pick up a booking.
Just followed you up on this with Sky Bet, odds of 5/1 now aswell in my opinion cannot be missed! Small stakes but i am confident in this bet, nice suggestion!

What are you basing that on? Chelsea have won only 5 of their last 17 away games, whilst Stoke have only lost once at the Brittania in 2011. Stoke have consistancy and a very solid defence, whereas Chelsea have a new manager and are not really sure what they're best attacking line up is. For me the value still lies in laying Chelsea, but I laid them earlier in the week at 1.78 so don't need to get involved again.
AVB is a much better manager than Ancelotti in away games, motivation-wise - when you have little home support behind you, you need a strong/charismatic/motivational manager behind you. Ancelotti wasn't this. At all. Especially against a side like Stoke, this is important. Last years Chelsea were sluggish, uninterested and unhappy away from home, and were seemingly clueless when playing against an established defence. They've shown improvement in this aspect in pre-season (not completely, but enough to help quite a bit) - the passing is quicker, the intensity is higher and the footballing pleasure is back. It's a much better side against defensive teams this year than last, in my opinion. That said, I think your lay at 1.78 was a good one. The value has now shifted though, in my opinion.

Just followed you up on this with Sky Bet' date=' odds of 5/1 now aswell in my opinion cannot be missed! Small stakes but i am confident in this bet, nice suggestion![/quote'] Agree with this bet if Mulumbu plays?? According to Sky he has an abdominal problem and could miss todays game?? Anyone have info??

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Only thing I like in the Chelsea game is Chelsea Draw No Bet @ 1.38 or Lay Stoke. Highly doubt Villas-Boas will make a losing debut, but not confident enough to back the outright victory. Stoke were around 1.60 AH + 1 which is decent, but I rarely like to oppose the top sides, who can wipe out a handicap such as this very quickly. See the line-ups before I do anything.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Stoke v Chelsea Wasn't going to get involved but i can't pass up Chelsea's price as it nearly touches evens. Despite not adding much in the summer they still have a very good, experienced first 11 despite being a year older, and a new manager can make a huge difference with fresh ideas despite it being largely the same personnel. a s previously mentioned Chelsea have a great record v Stoke winning 9 of the last 10 games and Chelsea traditionally start the season well. The price is enough to get me involved with small stakes. Selection: Chelsea to win @ 1.98 with Betfair - 1 unit West brom v Man United I actually fancy United to do the business today with West brom having a couple of important players out however the price isn't too appealing so will be taking the overs instead. United have been scoring for fun in pre-season and on their day can destroy any team in the Premier League. However last season they had a lot of problems on the road particularly leaking goals so both teams to score here looks pretty good, however I can't see it finishing 1-1 so The overs at a general 4/5 looks worth backing with medium stakes. Selection: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 with Bet365 - 2.5 units

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Managed to lay Chelsea last night @ 1.75, woke up this morning at managed to lay off at 1.98. Nice profit locked in without worrying about the result. Be interesting to see how the game goes though, I'm still not fully convinced by Chelsea's midfield we all know they've got a good defence and colleciton of strikers but the midfield as still got question marks over it in my opinion.

Only thing I like in the Chelsea game is Chelsea Draw No Bet @ 1.38 or Lay Stoke. Highly doubt Villas-Boas will make a losing debut, but not confident enough to back the outright victory. Stoke were around 1.60 AH + 1 which is decent, but I rarely like to oppose the top sides, who can wipe out a handicap such as this very quickly. See the line-ups before I do anything.
Torres starts, which puts me off. At the same time, they still have quality on the bench, that could ruin any Stoke Bet. I'll swerve.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event WBA - Manchester UTD
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.00
Reasoning Since Roy Hodgson took over WBA at the start of this year the club rose from the relegation places and were quite comfortable in the season ending. They play much more offensive minded, just like at Fulham when they reached the Europa League Final. They didn't change the squad much this summer, a couple of bench players left, others came, most important being right winger Gera from Fulham and Shane Long from Reading. Manchester UTD had a busy summer as they played in a tour of USA. All of their games were highly entertaining and the new transfers seem to have made them even stronger. Ashley Young, Cleverly, Phil Jones and De Gea joined the club. In the Community Shield they defeated Manchester City after a very entertaining 3-2 win, coming from 2-0 behind after De Gea made a couple of mistakes, but Nani and Smalling covered for him. Hernandez misses out of United, WBA have a couple of doubtful players but should be fit in the end. We can always expect from United goals, while WBA under Roy Hodgson has been a really tough nut to crack at home and his tactics will make this game really interesting. I see goals here, and am taking the over 3.5.

I'm going for overs in West Brom and Man. United match. > 2.5 goals' date= 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) My pick is over 2.5 goals. 2-1 for United would be my choice for perfect score.
Alright, so be it 2-1 for United :lol

Stoke v Chelsea Wasn't going to get involved but i can't pass up Chelsea's price as it nearly touches evens. Despite not adding much in the summer they still have a very good, experienced first 11 despite being a year older, and a new manager can make a huge difference with fresh ideas despite it being largely the same personnel. a s previously mentioned Chelsea have a great record v Stoke winning 9 of the last 10 games and Chelsea traditionally start the season well. The price is enough to get me involved with small stakes. Selection: Chelsea to win @ 1.98 with Betfair - 1 unit:sad West brom v Man United I actually fancy United to do the business today with West brom having a couple of important players out however the price isn't too appealing so will be taking the overs instead. United have been scoring for fun in pre-season and on their day can destroy any team in the Premier League. However last season they had a lot of problems on the road particularly leaking goals so both teams to score here looks pretty good, however I can't see it finishing 1-1 so The overs at a general 4/5 looks worth backing with medium stakes. Selection: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 with Bet365 - 2.5 units:nana
No bad, one unit profit. thought Chelsea were unlucky not to get a couple of penaltys but never mind.

-18.9pts in this thread so far :( Terrible start' date=' will be looking to make amends asap![/quote'] -9 units for me which will become 10 if Swansea won't win tomorrow. Will be also making proper research by the next weekend. Good luck to all of us next weekend :hope

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Manchester City v Swansea City Under 2.5 goals @ 2.25 with 5dimes After this past weekend Mancini will have seen how tough it is to get a win this year in the Premier League -- Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea all dropped points to lesser teams. Manchester and Swansea were both near the bottom of their respective leagues last year in total goals per game, but the big name signings of Mancini have the over favored by the books. I look for a defensive mindset (surprise, surprise) by Mancini tomorrow as he is happy to get a 1 goal lead and just sit on it. 1-0 or 2-0 City tomorrow.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Man city -1 5/6 man city to keep a clean sheet 4/5 man city 3-0 7/1 tevez to score first 7/2 all with paddy power Really fancy city tonight as already said arsenal chelsea and liverpool all dropped points so far , big gulf in the sides here , swansea were very inconsistent last year whilst if anything city have strengthened signing aguero. city were a strong team at home last year i expect them to take advantage of the poor results this weekend and clear the -1 handicap :hope

man city to keep a clean sheet 4/5 all with paddy power Really fancy city tonight as already said arsenal chelsea and liverpool all dropped points so far , big gulf in the sides here , swansea were very inconsistent last year whilst if anything city have strengthened signing aguero. city were a strong team at home last year i expect them to take advantage of the poor results this weekend and clear the -1 handicap :hope
Man City to win to nil is evens on Paddy Power, just in-case you haven't placed your bets yet. :ok