Well Done Hayley Turner

after a career threatening injury last season, she has bounced back really well and fully deserves her G1 success today in the July Cup Only ever woman previously was Alex Greaves who dead heated in the NUnthorpe at York, not putting that down but i think Hayley's success is a bigger race Ive really noticed the emergencence of woman jockeys especially this year and often we are backing the horses due to this rather than avoidance previously Cathy Gannon has ridden 50 winners to date, Hayley is on around 35 mark, Kirsty, Sophie Doyle, Amy Ryan all established riders across the tracks They often travel around the day / night meetings to pick up their rides and recently they had i think 5 out of 6 winners at one meeting. Well done again

Re: Well Done Hayley Turner It depends on how you define deserving a Group 1 success. If it's on the basis of her ride int he particular race, then she doesn't deserve it at all imo - she made a right mess of it and the horse won despite her, not because of her.

Re: Well Done Hayley Turner

It depends on how you define deserving a Group 1 success. If it's on the basis of her ride int he particular race' date=' then she doesn't deserve it at all imo - she made a right mess of it and the horse won [b']despite her, not because of her.
She won the race, i didnt see a bad ride there, did i miss something there will be always be excuses for horses during the race etc and this is a notoriously hard race to win with the best of europes sprinters all heading towards the uphill finish on the july course, she handled it well

She won the race' date=' i didnt see a bad ride there, did i miss something [/quote'] Don't get me wrong, I am happy for her she won. I don't think she is even the best of the female jockeys particularly, but I like her. Just don't think she was worthy of the gushing praise for the ride - she looked like she couldn't decide which side of Libranno to go, then same with Bated Breath, and it was fortunate the horse is so good that he had the turn of foot to put the race to bed in the short timeframe between finding space and the line. Opinions :ok

It depends on how you define deserving a Group 1 success. If it's on the basis of her ride int he particular race' date=' then she doesn't deserve it at all imo - she made a right mess of it and the horse won [b']despite her, not because of her.
Good lord there must be something wrong with my glasses.It looked like she produced it just at the right time to me. It is a good horse and I think any of the top boys would have won if on board. But Hayley deserves this. I think I could have ridden Authorised to success the year it won the Derby so does that mean that Frankies win was undeserved?

I don't think she did anything particularly wrong personally, she was lucky to have got a gap but you always need luck in running in big field sprints. So congratulations to both horse and rider (even though I was on Bated Breath):cry

Re: Well Done Hayley Turner Very happy for her Gr1 win , but not sure why she deserves to win a Gr1 more than anybody else , or that it was a better success than Alex Greaves.Infact Greaves if i recall had very few rides outside of the D Nicholls yard so for her to win a Gr1 was to me a bigger achievement , considering Turner gets a lot of rides from top yards. There are many other good jockeys who've been around for a while who i would like to see taste Group success these include Tom Eaves ,Jamie MacKay , Saleem Golam , Ian Mongan and Jerry O'Dwyer. Again well done Hayley.

Just watched it back and she didnt do anything wrong' date=' I hope Cattermole did the interview and not Mrs Spencer :nana[/quote'] The gorgeous Emma did the interview and was very proffesional.....no sign of any claws at all. lol.

I actually think you are spot on with that. It wasn't a bad ride but it wasn't the best either and it was only because the horse had that acceleration late on that it got past Bated Breath. I think the comment that it won despite her is spot on and same could be said of Frankel at Ascot under Queally. In fact if someone like Hayley Turner had been on Frankel all its career she would probably have a host of Group 1 wins now. She seemed hesitant and looking at going through a small gap between Libranno and Elxaam and decided against it but had not come off the rail and nearly blew the race. The gap came very late as the field opened up and the horse was good enough to shoot through it. She would have been quite unlucky had she not got through but dillied and dallied at an earlier point anyway. I was happy for her win, she's a good jockey holding her own against the fellas and it is good to see her getting rides for good stables on good horses. By the way Ch4 got their facts wrong, they said it is the first Group 1 winner she has ridden but that's wrong, it's the 2nd. The first Group 1 winner she rode was a certain Jamie Spencer. ;);)

I actually think you are spot on with that. It wasn't a bad ride but it wasn't the best either and it was only because the horse had that acceleration late on that it got past Bated Breath. I think the comment that it won despite her is spot on and same could be said of Frankel at Ascot under Queally. In fact if someone like Hayley Turner had been on Frankel all its career she would probably have a host of Group 1 wins now. She seemed hesitant and looking at going through a small gap between Libranno and Elxaam and decided against it but had not come off the rail and nearly blew the race. The gap came very late as the field opened up and the horse was good enough to shoot through it. She would have been quite unlucky had she not got through but dillied and dallied at an earlier point anyway. I was happy for her win, she's a good jockey holding her own against the fellas and it is good to see her getting rides for good stables on good horses. ;);)
Agree

Re: Well Done Hayley Turner She should be praised for her horseriding ability as oposed the fact she is female and very hot looking. The fact she is very pretty meant that part of her success and popularity was down to the media hyping her. I would like to bet that had she been as talented but a lot less pretty she would have been a lot less high profile with a lower amount of rides.

By the way Ch4 got their facts wrong, they said it is the first Group 1 winner she has ridden but that's wrong, it's the 2nd. The first Group 1 winner she rode was a certain Jamie Spencer. ;);)
Did she used the bridal suite, nah she just hung on to his ears, maybe she might have got done for excessive use of the whip???:spank

Re: Well Done Hayley Turner There were mitigating circumstances on how she rode the horse....... Yesterday at HQ the favoured strip of ground was underneath the stands rail,those that raced middle to farside were at a distinct disadvantage,so given that the horse was drawn favourably in stall 2 it was inevitable she was going to utilise her draw and stick to the stands rail and track the pacesetting LIBRANNO drawn next door in stall 1,unfortunately LIBRANNO faded and fell back into HAYLEY sooner than she had anticipated and most of the field migrated to that part of the track,which exacerbated the problem.

I think she's an excellent jockey. Her timing in particular is very impressive imo.
Agreed......considering yesterday she had to ride to her low draw,circumstances conspired against her to an extent,but she didnt panic,kept her cool got the gap.....race won,would have KATHY GANNON done the same and have emerged victorious? ;)

Agreed......considering yesterday she had to ride to her low draw' date='circumstances conspired against her to an extent,but she didnt panic,kept her cool got the gap.....race won,would have KATHY GANNON done the same and have emerged victorious? ;)[/quote'] Yes Cathy Gannon would have won under the same circumstances infact i believe most jockeys would have won on him even Dale Gibson.