** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

U17 World Cup 2011

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 I watched Mexico vs Congo from the 20 min onward and I feel I was very unlucky for Mexico to go up just 5 mins from the first half finishing. Lost that bet. Congo now a man down so Mexico should win the game easily. Congo ended the match with 9 players. The score was 1-1 until about five minutes till the end. Got my money back on my Argentina -1,-1.5 bet and won my bet on Jamaicaa! Very luckyyy! Final score Mexico vs Congo: 2-1 (bet lost) Final score Argentina vs Jamaica: 2-1 (bet won)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: U17 World Cup 2011

I think there is value on North Korea. They really held their own against Mexico and would have gotten a positive result if not for a red card. Meanwhile Holland were really disappointing vs Congo. Losing 1-0. I thought North Korea were much better in the first half and I don't expect this to be a easy game for Holland. I can see Holland just winning this match by the bare minimum. Holland vs North Korea = North Korea +0.5,1 at Half Time @ 2.1 bet365
Nice one Chuck :ok I thought Holland would easily beat North Korea, but I haven't seen either team play in this tournament like you.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 United States vs Uzbekistan should be a pretty straight out win for the Americans. USA have won their last 6 games. Meanwhile Uzbekistan lost their last two. Usa also are coming off of a impressive 3-0 win over Czech Republic. Meanwhile Uzbekistan lost 1-4 vs New Zealand. United States vs Uzbekistan = USA win @ 1.33 bet365

United States vs Uzbekistan should be a pretty straight out win for the Americans. USA have won their last 6 games. Meanwhile Uzbekistan lost their last two. Usa also are coming off of a impressive 3-0 win over Czech Republic. Meanwhile Uzbekistan lost 1-4 vs New Zealand. United States vs Uzbekistan = USA win @ 1.33 bet365
Uzbekistan almost certainly have to get something from the game as well don't they? They have 0 points, USA have 3. There is a chance that their greater need might result in them raising their game - but it seems unlikely.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 URUGUAY @ 1/4 and URUGUAY -1.5AH @ 1.725...bet 366.I think the South american team could have a bit to spare tonight against the runners up in the African qualifers.Englan beat Rwanda 2-0 but by all accounts it should have been more. Uruguay edged out a good Canadian team 3-0 and had 21 shots to mexico's 7.They have an impressive frontman in Mascia and I'm on them tonight....stakes 3/10.......

URUGUAY @ 1/4 and URUGUAY -1.5AH @ 1.725...bet 366.I think the South american team could have a bit to spare tonight against the runners up in the African qualifers.Englan beat Rwanda 2-0 but by all accounts it should have been more. Uruguay edged out a good Canadian team 3-0 and had 21 shots to mexico's 7.They have an impressive frontman in Mascia and I'm on them tonight....stakes 3/10.......
I thought Uruguay were quite impressive to say the least vs Canada. But one thing I did Notice was they were a little slow to get going and get into rhythm. Their first goal came on the 56th minute for instance. Meanwhile Rwanda held their own with the score 0-0 up until the 68th minute vs England. I'm planing on taking Uruguay on a live bet. I'm hoping Uruguay wont score in the initial minutes of the game, their price will rise and then I'll place a bet. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Glad I chose not to bet on Uruguay from the get go, I never felt confident during the bits of the match I watched to go for them and the odds never looked good enough. As for the States, lost that bet. Only watched a bit of the match but the states looked out of ideas as usual. Lots of determination, but little talent to back it.

URUGUAY @ 1/4 and URUGUAY -1.5AH @ 1.725...bet 366.I think the South american team could have a bit to spare tonight against the runners up in the African qualifers.Englan beat Rwanda 2-0 but by all accounts it should have been more. Uruguay edged out a good Canadian team 3-0 and had 21 shots to mexico's 7.They have an impressive frontman in Mascia and I'm on them tonight....stakes 3/10.......
1-0,money back....I had my 1/4 winnings on the -1.5AH...so no harm done......better late than never....

Glad I chose not to bet on Uruguay from the get go' date=' I never felt confident during the bits of the match I watched to go for them and the odds never looked good enough[/quote'] The thing about Uruguay v Rwanda is that for most people, Rwanda are an unknown. I have noticed that a lot of African countries seem to be getting good at defending, so the 1-0 result didn't surprise me too much.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Quite looking forward to Burkina Faso U17 v Germany U17 tonight. Germany very hot favourites, but Burkina Faso "a bit of an unknown" and needing something from the game really. My guess is it will be a Germany win, but not sure by how many - maybe 2 or 3? Germany scored 6 against Ecuador, and I'm guessing that Burkina Faso are ranked lower than Ecuador, so maybe people are expecting another rout? I saw Germany v Ecuador and Ecuador stopped defending late in the game which made it a lot easier for Germany to score their goals.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Nice call with Germany MPLouis. Tomorrow there are some very interesting games. Japan vs Argentina is one of them. The Japs will qualify with a draw or win, meanwhile Argentina need to win to get to the next round. Japan are coming off of a draw with a French team that beat Argentina 3-0. Meanwhile they also beat Jamaica 1-0. Argentina were bad against France, but improved a lot in their second match to beat Jamaica 2-1. Its hard for me to call a winner on this one, but I think Japan definitely have the edge to make it to the next round. Argentina will have to go all out in search of a goal and I think Japan can really hurt them on the counter. I'm going to take Japan on a handicap, probably 1, 1.5 as soon as the bet is available. Japan vs Argentina = Japan +1, 1.5 bet365 Another interesting game is Mexico vs Holland. With the Mexicans already qualified (even if they lose they should still be 1st), I think there is value in Holland. The European Champions need a win to have hopes of getting to the next round, and with little to play for the Mexicans, they should be able to get it. Worst case scenario here I see a draw. So I'll go draw or win for the Dutch in this one. Mexico vs Holland = Holland win or draw @ 1.45 bet365

Nice call with Germany MPLouis.
Thanks :ok Watched the game (ended Burkina Faso 0 Germany 3) Germany deserved to win, Burkina Faso played well, but too physical and had 2 players sent off, despite that they continued to look quite solid and did well to keep it to just 3-0 against a good German side

Nice call with Germany MPLouis. Tomorrow there are some very interesting games. Japan vs Argentina is one of them. The Japs will qualify with a draw or win, meanwhile Argentina need to win to get to the next round. Japan are coming off of a draw with a French team that beat Argentina 3-0. Meanwhile they also beat Jamaica 1-0. Argentina were bad against France, but improved a lot in their second match to beat Jamaica 2-1. Its hard for me to call a winner on this one, but I think Japan definitely have the edge to make it to the next round. Argentina will have to go all out in search of a goal and I think Japan can really hurt them on the counter. I'm going to take Japan on a handicap, probably 1, 1.5 as soon as the bet is available. Japan vs Argentina = Japan +1, 1.5 bet365
Japanese sides are normally very hard to score against. They are well organised and fight as a team for every ball and very tackle. They also tend to be good on the break. Haven't seen either of these particular sides, but from my knowledge, the above looks reasonable value. With this game, Argentina have to win, and Japan need a draw to qualify. The pattern will probably be mainly Argentinian attack against Japanese defence until Argentina score. If Argentina get an early lead they have the advantage, if Japan are at least drawing at half time, Argentina will leave more space at the back for Japan to exploit on the counter. If this is 'Alternative Asian Handicap, Bet 365 odds have gone down to 1.375 - less value than 1.5

Another interesting game is Mexico vs Holland. With the Mexicans already qualified (even if they lose they should still be 1st), I think there is value in Holland. The European Champions need a win to have hopes of getting to the next round, and with little to play for the Mexicans, they should be able to get it. Worst case scenario here I see a draw. So I'll go draw or win for the Dutch in this one. Mexico vs Holland = Holland win or draw @ 1.45 bet365
Holland have to win, and Mexico have already qualified, so you would expect Holland to attack. According to the report on the Fifa website, Holland had plenty of possession in their first two games (against Congo and North Korea) - http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=255973/match=300151836/preview.html From a distance (not having seen either team play) it looks as though there may be some value with Holland at around 13/8. Mexico are slight favourites, but I'm not sure they should be.

Did you see the games Chuck?
I watched most of Japan vs Argentina and thought that Japan were definitely much better. Argentina was weak as they had been their two previous games. I think this Cup has shown that the "favorites" to win by the bookies are being overrated as I believe most teams aren't very far away from each other. Today we have England vs Uruguay in almost a meaningless match, and I'm expecting a draw. Both teams will be happy with the result.

I watched most of Japan vs Argentina and thought that Japan were definitely much better.
It's hard to see anyone but the very best sides beating Japan - Brazil and Germany would presumably be a threat to them.

Today we have England vs Uruguay in almost a meaningless match' date=' and I'm expecting a draw. Both teams will be happy with the result.[/quote'] Except that Uruguay are top and England would presumably prefer to finish top themselves to give them an easier Last 16 game? On the other hand, as far as I can see, the second placed team in the group will play Congo, who I guess both Uruguay and England would expect to beat, so maybe the prize of finishing first isn't worth anything - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup I agree it could well be a draw, and by the same logic, low goals seem more likely ... Betfair odds: Draw - 3.35 Under 2.5 goals - 1.79

It's hard to see anyone but the very best sides beating Japan - Brazil and Germany would presumably be a threat to them.
Agree with that. They are looking very sold at the moment. Mexico on the other hand I feel have been very lucky. They were lucky against North Korea being down 1-0 most of the game. Korea getting a man sent off definitely didn't help. Korea deserved a draw. They were also lucky against Congo 1-0 up and with Congo a man down, Congo managed to get the equalizer. Mexico only managed to score the winner 4 minutes from the end when Congo were playing 9 vs 11. vs Holland, Mexico was 2 goals up, despite Holland being the better side (story of this world cup for holland). Holland managed to get it 2-2. Mexico won it in extra time. I don't expect the home team getting very far this world cup.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Quite how Mexico won against Holland is beyond me. Perhaps it's because I had laid Mexico before hand. Bad keeping, so much luck in the first half, yet took their two chances. If there had been a market for the penalty to be missed, it was so obvious that the keeper that couldn't catch a ball would save a penalty. I then made the error of not levelling out profit after the equaliser, and just had it break even with big profits for the draw + Holland. Mexico were 21/1 on the exchange near the end but rather greedily I was queueing for 900s (there is sometimes a bite, albeit for pennies).

Except that Uruguay are top and England would presumably prefer to finish top themselves to give them an easier Last 16 game? On the other hand, as far as I can see, the second placed team in the group will play Congo, who I guess both Uruguay and England would expect to beat, so maybe the prize of finishing first isn't worth anything - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup I agree it could well be a draw, and by the same logic, low goals seem more likely ... Betfair odds: Draw - 3.35 Under 2.5 goals - 1.79
Finished 2-0, didn't see it but apparently a deserved win for England, who have won their group.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 I watched the other game in England's group - Canada v Rwanda. The irony is, if either side had won they would almost certainly have qualified as a best "3rd-placed side", but it finished 0-0 !! Rwanda had much the better of the game, but Canada seemed to have more experience and composure. If Rwanda had taken their time in front of goal, they would probably have won, but they seemed to rush things.

Sunday 26 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Czech Republic U17 v Uzbekistan U17 (00:00 BST) 1.74 4 5.2 101.70 %
maximize.gif USA U17 v New Zealand U17 (00:00 BST) 1.64 4 6.4 101.41 %
maximize.gif Burkina Faso U17 v Ecuador U17 (21:00 BST) 4 3.7 2.02 101.53 %
maximize.gif Panama U17 v Germany U17 (21:00 BST) 10 6 1.31 103.00 %
Monday 27 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Australia U17 v Denmark U17 (00:00 BST) 2.56 3.35 2.62 107.01 %
maximize.gif Côte d'Ivoire U17 v Brazil U17 (00:00 BST) 6.8 4.33 1.47 105.81 %

Finished 2-0' date=' didn't see it but apparently a deserved win for England, who have won their group.[/quote'] :ok I actaully expected a draw, but didn't bet on it as I felt it was too risky,I also didn't take a handicap because I felt it could go either way. I did not expect such a comfortable win though. Your post convinced me to go with under 3.5. Bet won. Nice dude.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Cote d'Ivoire vs Brasil = Cote d'Ivoire +0.5,1 @ 1.4 bet365 Brasil would have to lose this game by 2 goals to lose their first spot in the group, which is basically what they are playing for as they are pretty much already qualified. Unless something unbelievable happens. Cote d'Ivoire have been a bit disappointing after all the good things I had heard about them, but nonetheless I think they have a good team, and they should be fully motivated to win it. They most likely will need a win here to go to the next round, but it depends on what happens in the other match of the group. Australia vs Denmark = Australia +0, 0.5 @ 1.6 bet365 (HIGH STAKES) Denmark has lost all their games. Both Brasil and Cote d'Ivoire beat them comfortably and they have been quite bad. Australia is a good team and should be able to win this one. Another important factor is that Denmark really have nothing to play. Meanwhile Australia need to win or at least draw(depends on the other match of the group)to get to the next round.

Australia vs Denmark = Australia +0' date= 0.5 @ 1.6 bet365 (HIGH STAKES) Denmark has lost all their games. Both Brasil and Cote d'Ivoire beat them comfortably and they have been quite bad. Australia is a good team and should be able to win this one. Another important factor is that Denmark really have nothing to play. Meanwhile Australia need to win or at least draw(depends on the other match of the group)to get to the next round.
I don't think that's quite right Chuck. According to the usually reliable Wikipedia page on this tournament, Denmark will qualify if they beat Australia by 3 goals - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup Fifa's preview confirms that qualification is still possible for Denmark - http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=255973/match=300151838/preview.html It's a long shot, but not impossible. I think Denmark will attack, but Australia will probably get at least a draw - so I think your bet is pretty good value - although according to the Wikipedia article, Australia will qualify anyway if they don't lose by 3 goals, so that complicates things. Remember teams can qualify by finishing 3rd.

Cote d'Ivoire vs Brasil = Cote d'Ivoire +0.5' date=1 @ 1.85 bet365 Brasil would have to lose this game by 2 goals to lose their first spot in the group, which is basically what they are playing for as they are pretty much already qualified. Unless something unbelievable happens. Cote d'Ivoire have been a bit disappointing after all the good things I had heard about them, but nonetheless I think they have a good team, and they should be fully motivated to win it. They most likely will need a win here to go to the next round, but it depends on what happens in the other match of the group. Australia vs Denmark = Australia +0, 0.5 @ 1.6 bet365 Denmark has lost all their games. Both Brasil and Cote d'Ivoire beat them comfortably and they have been quite bad. Australia is a good team and should be able to win this one. Another important factor is that Denmark really have nothing to play. Meanwhile Australia need to win or at least draw(depends on the other match of the group)to get to the next round.
Ivory Coast vs Brasil ended 3-3. In what was a thrilling match from what I heard. So bet won. Australia vs Denmark wasn't going to well with, but the match was suspended. Made a mistake in my first post, Ivory C. was paying 1.85 at the moment for that bet and I put 1.4 hahah Your right about that one MPL, my bad.