** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

U17 World Cup 2011

Saturday 18 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif France U17 v Argentina U17 (21:00 BST) 2.96 3.3 2.3 107.57 %
maximize.gif Mexico U17 v Korea DPR U17 (21:00 BST) 1.53 4 6 106.88 %
Sunday 19 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Congo U17 v Netherlands U17 (00:00 BST) 6.65 4.16 1.45 108.04 %
maximize.gif Japan U17 v Jamaica U17 (00:00 BST) 1.83 3.6 4.5 104.55 %
maximize.gif Rwanda U17 v England U17 (21:00 BST) 7.3 4.4 1.4 107.85 %
maximize.gif Uzbekistan U17 v New Zealand U17 (21:00 BST) 2.32 3.25 2.92 108.12 %

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Looks like their is value on a win for Holland. U17 Holland have gone 11 games unbeaten, winning 8 of those matches. I can't say I've seen them play, but I do know that Holland are well known for their youth and usually have very talented young players. U17 Congo have only played 5 games this year, in comparison to Hollands 8. Also I don't know how good Congo's youth systems are. Congo isn't really well known for having talented young players and I don't think their players are physically as sharp as Hollands or as prepared. Congo vs Netherlands U17 = Netherlands win @ 1.44 paddypower

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 That does look like a decent price actually. I'll have to see if I can do a little squad research to see if Holland are as they usually would be. They did well in U17 Championship spanking Germany 5-2 in the final so they must be a handy side. As you said Chuck - can't imagine Congo being that special. I'll probably take some of Holland on a handicap when the lines are on Bet365. EDIT - The squad members that won the European U17 Championship is very similar to their U17 World Cup squad and all the players who started the Final are present. Could be a pasting on the cards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup_squads#.C2.A0Netherlands

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Has this game been pulled? Can't see it on oddschecker now!?! What about Mexico to beat Korea @4/7 with WH?? I know very little about this tournament, but a quick look at the outright market shows that Mexico are generally clear 2nd favourites to win (around 4/1 with biggest 13/2), and Korea are generally 66/1 rags (as short as 40/1 with WH but 100/1 with BWIN). Given that Netherlands are bigger in the outright market (around 8/1) than Mexico, and that Congo (around 25/1 but 66/1 with BWIN) are shorter than Korea, then surely the 4/7 about Mexico beating Korea is more appealling than the 4/9 on Netherlands to beat Congo?? Hope that makes sense :unsure Tournament being in Columbia as well would suit Mexico better than Netherlands??

Re: U17 World Cup 2011

The tournament is in Mexico. You are confusing this with U20 FIFA World Cup which is in Colombia in a few months.
My bad :$ Cheers Mustafa - told you I knew very little about the tournament :lol Maybe though that makes my point more valid. Mexico having home advantage makes them more tempting to beat one of the outsiders. Hmmmm

My bad :$ Cheers Mustafa - told you I knew very little about the tournament :lol Maybe though that makes my point more valid. Mexico having home advantage makes them more tempting to beat one of the outsiders. Hmmmm
IMO teams at U17 are very level and the best thing here is juts to watch and enjoy the tournament.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 FT Mexico 3 -1 North Korea Game was tied at 1-1 until Korea had a man sent off in the 2nd half. Didn't play this, your right Mustafa, at this age level there is not such a gulf in teams. I read an interesting artictle in the Racing Post today, highlighting the success of African teams at this level. Put down to 2 things, bigger physic of players, and the fact that they have been known to play older players :eek Anyway Mustafa, your right, just sit back and watch it and try and spot the stars of the future :ok

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Well that did not go at all to plan. Congo beat Netherlands 1-0. Got burned by sheer ignorance toward the Africans on my part. From what I saw they seemed decent. Over the two games that I watched though the football is not enough to enable me to watch it at length. I'll be swerving this tournament altogether.

Monday 20 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brazil U17 v Denmark U17 (21:00 BST) 1.4 5.6 9 100.40 %
maximize.gif Germany U17 v Ecuador U17 (21:00 BST) 1.5 5.1 7.6 99.43 %
Tuesday 21 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Australia U17 v Côte d'Ivoire U17 (00:00 BST) 3.45 3.45 2.26 102.22 %
maximize.gif Burkina Faso U17 v Panama U17 (00:00 BST) 1.8 3.8 5.3 100.74 %
maximize.gif Japan U17 v France U17 (21:00 BST) 4.91 3.7 1.67 107.27 %
maximize.gif Korea DPR U17 v Netherlands U17 (21:00 BST) 8 4.7 1.41 104.70 %

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Netherlands look awfully short considering they lost to Congo, and that Korea were drawing with Mexico (2nd favs) until having a man sent off!! Lots of cash around for Burkina Faso today, 1/1 to 8/11. African team "tactics"?? :p

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Burkina Faso U17 - Panama U17
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25
Reasoning Burkina Faso are the dog in this match they played very well at Africa championship and won that competition so they are the best african team we sam what Congo did with Netherland. Burkina Faso is coming here with four consecutive win, they recorded 5 over in last six matches. Burkina scored at least three goals in three of last four matches so this seem so be another over today. Panama on the other hand won two of last three matches they will not give up if Panama scored a goal today this match is over.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Australia U17 - Ivory Coast U17
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.09
Reasoning This will be very interesting game, Australia are one of the strongest Asia teams but Ivory Coast are in very good fit according to the last friendly matches. Australia recorded ten over in last eleven matches so this match sure will be over. Ivory Coast recorded four over in last five matches they scored at least two goals in four that five matches but they allowed at least two goals in three of these five matches. Australia scored at least three goals in three of last five matches this match should be high scoring affair.

Netherlands look awfully short considering they lost to Congo, and that Korea were drawing with Mexico (2nd favs) until having a man sent off!! Lots of cash around for Burkina Faso today, 1/1 to 8/11. African team "tactics"?? :p
Burkina Faso are reigning African Champions at this age group so they're obviously a fairly talented bunch (they beat Egypt and Senegal, amongst others). Their coaching team has a large Portugese contingent, and they seem to have a good youth set-up in Burkina Faso, or at least a vastly improving one. I may have a punt on Burkina Faso but it will definitely be small stakes. Would rather play the Scandinavian leagues in the West Europe close season than tournaments like this!

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Ivory Coast have also had some good game-time together, playing well in the same competition as Burkina Faso. They have 1 player on the books of a European side (Souleymane Coulibaly). Their coach has said most of the players will be the same as the ones who played in the African Championships, whereas the Australian team has only played in training and against teams set up by the Australian FA. The 2.3 on Ivory Coast looks good.

Burkina Faso are reigning African Champions at this age group so they're obviously a fairly talented bunch (they beat Egypt and Senegal, amongst others). Their coaching team has a large Portugese contingent, and they seem to have a good youth set-up in Burkina Faso, or at least a vastly improving one. I may have a punt on Burkina Faso but it will definitely be small stakes. Would rather play the Scandinavian leagues in the West Europe close season than tournaments like this!
Not betting on this mate, just observing. The Racing Post tipped up Ivory Coast to win the whole competition. It said that they took the foot off the gas in the African Championships once they knew qualification was assured. So I wouldn't take the final rounds of that tournament literally.

Not betting on this mate' date=' just observing. The Racing Post tipped up Ivory Coast to win the whole competition. It said that they took the foot off the gas in the African Championships once they knew qualification was assured. So I wouldn't take the final rounds of that tournament literally.[/quote'] Haven't checked the details, but would be very doubtful if Ivory Coast stand any chance here (a bit easier to write that after they lost 2-1 to Australia I suppose ;))

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Yeah bit of a random tournament so far. For example Congo beating european champs Hollend, but the other 3 African teams being beat. I only watched some of the England Rwanda game the other night, and wasn't impressed by either team tbh. Glad Mustafa convinced me not to play this tourny.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 I think there is value on North Korea. They really held their own against Mexico and would have gotten a positive result if not for a red card. Meanwhile Holland were really disappointing vs Congo. Losing 1-0. I thought North Korea were much better in the first half and I don't expect this to be a easy game for Holland. I can see Holland just winning this match by the bare minimum. Holland vs North Korea = North Korea +0.5,1 at Half Time @ 2.1 bet365

I think there is value on North Korea. They really held their own against Mexico and would have gotten a positive result if not for a red card. Meanwhile Holland were really disappointing vs Congo. Losing 1-0. I thought North Korea were much better in the first half and I don't expect this to be a easy game for Holland. I can see Holland just winning this match by the bare minimum. Holland vs North Korea = North Korea +0.5,1 at Half Time @ 2.1 bet365
Nice call chuck, I'm sure they were a good price without the HC

I think there is value on North Korea. They really held their own against Mexico and would have gotten a positive result if not for a red card. Meanwhile Holland were really disappointing vs Congo. Losing 1-0. I thought North Korea were much better in the first half and I don't expect this to be a easy game for Holland. I can see Holland just winning this match by the bare minimum. Holland vs North Korea = North Korea +0.5,1 at Half Time @ 2.1 bet365
Half time result = 0-0 Full time result = 1-1 Bet won :cheers

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Mexico just managed to beat North Korea, thanks to a red card and a bit of luck I would say. Congo were good against Holland. They beat the European Champions 1-0, and were solid defensibly I thought. I would say Mexico is being seriously overrated in this game by the bookies. Both teams look very even to me and we should be in for a very tough match for both sides. I'm going to go with a First half handicap for Congo on this one. Mexico seemed to take a while to get going vs North Korea. Mexico vs Congo = Congo +0.5 at half time @ 1.93 bet365 :hope

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Well done chuck. Argentina v Jamiaca and Mexico v Congo up next. I think the main question is will Argentina improve from that 4-0 drubbing by France? Jamaica looked poor against Japan, and on the face of it odds of 1.36 for Argentina look good. But I think it's worth watching the first 10/15 minutes first, to see how the match pans out. Jamaica's coach was fairly pessimistic so I imagine they'll play on the break, as they have to win to have a chance to go through (as do Argentina). So I doubt we'll see a draw.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Argentina was incredibly poor against France. This group of Argentine youngsters I believe really are lacking. I don't know much about Jamaica and I did not see their first game, but I do know that Japan is a pretty good team (just drew 1-1 with France who beat Argentina 4-0 by the way). Jamaica also defended well enough in the first half to end the score 0-0 and I believe that they can do it again today vs a weak Argentine team. Like I said I don't know a lot about these two teams, but these odds were good enough to entice me into taking a bet. Argentina vs Jamaica =Jamaica + 1.5 @ 1.86 bet365 :hope

Well done chuck. Argentina v Jamiaca and Mexico v Congo up next. I think the main question is will Argentina improve from that 4-0 drubbing by France? Jamaica looked poor against Japan, and on the face of it odds of 1.36 for Argentina look good. But I think it's worth watching the first 10/15 minutes first, to see how the match pans out. Jamaica's coach was fairly pessimistic so I imagine they'll play on the break, as they have to win to have a chance to go through (as do Argentina). So I doubt we'll see a draw.
I expect a narrow win for either side. In Argentina people are very pessimistic at the moment about this U17 team. Both teams will be seriously lacking confidence by the looks of it.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Hmm... Argentina comfortable but I think Jamaica should have had a penalty just before HT! Barnes for Jamaica (no. 18) looks the most creative player by miles in this team! Argentina look very dangerous going forward though.