** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

U17 World Cup 2011

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 That Campos from Argentina could have a bright future. Have made plenty of notes here regarding a few teams, would it be ok to start my own betting thread? I am currently 8 from 10 with my win bets in the U17 WC and personally love these tournaments!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: U17 World Cup 2011

Have made plenty of notes here regarding a few teams' date=' would it be ok to start my own betting thread? I am currently 8 from 10 with my win bets in the U17 WC and personally love these tournaments![/quote'] :welcome to PL Mr Wilson. We don't allow personal betting threads in the football forums, but feel free to start one up in the Glory Hunt forum. Alternatively, if you want to provide a bit of reasoning/analysis with your picks (just a couple of lines is fine), then you're more than welcome to post them up in here. :ok

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Mexico appear very short at 1.22. They have rather rode their luck in the group stages, needing men to be sent off for other sides before prevailing, and their 3-2 win against Holland was one of the luckiest wins I had seen and only came about because Holland have shoved most of their players up-front for the game. Panama appear to have trouble scoring goals. But their group placing maybe isn't as bad as it looked. No disgrace in losing against Germany 2-0 and they performed rather well. A good win against Burkina Faso, and a narrow defeat by Ecuador in which they had a man sent off. Several factors for me are increasing the variance (and hence the value) of the bet: The Mexican defence looks really poor, wouldn't be surprised to see a gift, and second the conditions, it's really bucketing down there. Watched England v Argentina and it's not conductive to good football. This may help the underdog who want to defend rather than get accurate passes away.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Watched the Mexico match. They scored after about 2 minutes which pretty much ruined the lay. But Panama got back into it manfully and with some better strikers should have scored, the Mexican keeper looks very vunerable on crosses. As a result, the odds ticked up to 1.15 at one stage with Mexico 1-0 up. Second half I gotta admit the Mexicans did a good job of playing a very high defensive line and stifled the game out; it opened up towards the end and they probably got the deserved second goal due to their late pressure. Lost the bet but on balance of the game I think it was a good value one to take.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 France is being unsurprisingly underrated by the bookies. The French have been solid this competition. Beating Argentina 3-0 and then getting two draws against tough opponents Jamaica and Japan. They beat Ivory Coast 3-2 in their last match and I think they have looked good in this competition. Meanwhile the Mexicans I believe have flattered to deceive. Yes, they won all of their games up until this point, but how many of those did they have a numerical advantage? and how many did they actually deserve to win? They have deserved little, but have achieved a lot. They have been lucky in my opinion. Going head to head France is the better side here. They are playing in Mexico though so that helps the Mexicans, but I'm confident France will play a good match. Whatever the outcome the winner won't win it by a lot. Mexico vs France = France + 0.5,1 @ 1.5 bet365

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Japan beat Argentina, New Zealand and Jamaica very convincingly, and drew with France. They have looked very good so far and come into this game with a lot of confidence after beating New Zealand 6-0! They are a very organized team, which is usual in Japans teams. They are very strong in the counter attack and are good on the ball. Brazil has played well too throughout the competition. Also winning 3 games and drawing once. This is going to be a good match between two of the best teams of the competition and we can expect a tight affair with good football. This isn't going to be easy for either side. I got Japan at 1.25 for 1.5 handicap on bet365 and I like it.

Event Japan U17 - Brazil U17
Selection Japan U17
Strength 10/10
Date 04/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.77
Reasoning Japan is already making history, reaching the quarter final of U17 World Cup. Now they will have a real test, nothing more than the most titled team: Brazil. Japan is being the biggest surprise of the tournament and beside defeating Argentina by 3-1, they smashed New Zealand by 6-0 on the knock out stage. They also drawn with France and facing Brazil will be nothing new to them, looking to their previous games and results. Brazil is also unbeaten so far but i think Japan has a word to say in this game. Brazil won't count with the forwards Lucas Piazon and Nathan, both suspended, but they have no lack of solutions. We can't deny that Brazil is the biggest favourite here but Japan will be very motivated and they already showed his value in this tournament. The odd is not fair neither realistic to their chances, and i am forced to try a surprise here.

Japan beat Argentina, New Zealand and Jamaica very convincingly, and drew with France. They have looked very good so far and come into this game with a lot of confidence after beating New Zealand 6-0! They are a very organized team, which is usual in Japans teams. They are very strong in the counter attack and are good on the ball. Brazil has played well too throughout the competition. Also winning 3 games and drawing once. This is going to be a good match between two of the best teams of the competition and we can expect a tight affair with good football. This isn't going to be easy for either side. I got Japan at 1.25 for 1.5 handicap on bet365 and I like it.
Final score Japan 2-3 Brazil. Bet won:nana Very entertaining match. Japan was down 3-0, but good football and not giving up got them a goal, they then had several chances to make it 3-2, but had very poor finishing. They finally got a second goal on the 88th minute. The final minutes were intense and Japan had a golden chance to take the match to penalties, but just missed out. Great game and bet won, so I am ok with the result. I'm just a bit disappointed Japan has been left out, they really played nice football and had interesting players.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Uruguay U17 vs Brazil U17 Very interesting match, and I predict another tight match. Last time these two met we saw a 0-0 and I'm pretty sure this game is going to be a lot tighter than the bookies make it out to be with the odds. Brazil has a lot of fire power upfront, but their goalkeeper is a mess. I think Brazil was lucky to get past Japan, I truly believed the Japanese deserved to go through that game. Uruguay has been solid this competition. They won all their games bar one and will definitely be looking to make it to the final. I think we will see a tight match with little to separate both sides. I really like Uruguay at + 1.5, 2. If Brazil wins I can't see them doing it by more than 1 goal, and we'd have two goals covered with hat bet. Uruguay +1.5,2 @ 1.3 bet365

Uruguay U17 vs Brazil U17 Very interesting match, and I predict another tight match. Last time these two met we saw a 0-0 and I'm pretty sure this game is going to be a lot tighter than the bookies make it out to be with the odds. Brazil has a lot of fire power upfront, but their goalkeeper is a mess. I think Brazil was lucky to get past Japan, I truly believed the Japanese deserved to go through that game. Uruguay has been solid this competition. They won all their games bar one and will definitely be looking to make it to the final. I think we will see a tight match with little to separate both sides. I really like Uruguay at + 1.5, 2. If Brazil wins I can't see them doing it by more than 1 goal, and we'd have two goals covered with hat bet. Uruguay +1.5,2 @ 1.3 bet365
Uruguay 3-0 Brazil Uruguay with an upset! Result a bit flattering I think, but covered the handicap very easily. Bet won:ok

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Trust my luck, I joined after 3-4 and there was no more goals, looked like a tasty game though. One more game and that's the final. I have to say I've seen Mexico a few times during the tournament and not being largely impressed - keeper looks dodgy and prone to some errors. In my opinion, they haven't been the best team, but they are in the final which what counts. I've only seen Uruguay twice - once in the game v England, in which they had already qualified, and the 3-0 against Brazil. Certainly they are a solid team with 4 clean sheets from their 6 matches so far. I certainly think Mexico don't deserve to be evens. Looks set to be a tight game, quite even to me, although the atmosphere will be heavily behind the Mexicans.

Re: U17 World Cup 2011 Sorry lads. I thought Uruguay were the better side in the first half and unlucky to be behind - created some really good chances as well. Second half was really the same as the Panama game for Mexico. Did a good job of playing a high line and shutting out Uruguay, although they should have scored but hit the post. Got the second again when the other team was pushed forward. IMO a lucky tournament win for the Mexicans, but have never seen backing for a home team quite like it in a tourny - great support.