** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Irish Leagues & Cups - September

A lot of heavy favourites tonight in the 3rd round of the cup.This is where the so called big boys enter the competition. As with cup games in most countries,some of these games could throw up a surprise or two but some of the main factors tonight are in favour of the short priced teams. The temperature in Ireland today is 25c(these words aren't usually seen together in the same sentence).The pitches should be in perfect condition(if they're not too bumpy) and no rain or wind to aid the upset.The mild weather should sap the underdogs energy quicker than the pros. I'm still making up my mind as to whether I will take any of the short prices available or maybe the handicaps...........

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland FAI cup 3rd june SLIGO ROVERS....DERRY CITY double @ 1.46.....stakes 2/10....and Derry city -1AH @ 1.45.....stakes 1/10.Going to go for these two bets.They are very obvious and the odds are small and I don't normally do doubles but I'll give it a go.My two picks are in the Premier league and as far as I know are taking the cup seriously. Pike Rovers are a Limerick team and are a few divisions below Sligo.Wexford have 6 points from 13 games in division 1 and Derry(who I tipped last week) beat Galway 6-0 and have plenty of firepower upfront to put the game to bed with goals to spare......

Ireland EA Sports cup 6th June Cork city vs ST PATS....0,[email protected]/10...My choice today is an away win in this quarter final cup game.Both teams played in the FAI cup on Friday and both were victorious.The Saints rested a few players for their match with Crumlin and still ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.Cork beat local rivals Midleton 2-0. Cork though have a smaller squad and the cost of suspensions/injuries could be felt by the home side today.They could be without 7 of their first team.Definitely missing is Davin O Neill(13 apps,5 goals) as he is getting married.Also Vinnie O Sullivan(13 apps,2 goals) and Danny Murphy(12 apps) are suspended. Add to this injuries to Gearoid Morrissey(13 apps,2 goals) and Escude-Candau(11 apps,1 goal).To top it all off Gavin Kavanagh(12 apps) and Graham Cummins(13 apps,8 goals) are doubtful.This means Foras could be missing 18 of their 24 goals. I'm not sure what team the Saints will put out but they have already beaten Shamrock Rovers in this competition.They have a doubt over Derek Pender(15 apps,1 goal) and have two long term out. I think the premier league outfit are more than capable of at least getting a draw today and if they manage that then the worst that will happen is that I'll lose half my stake........

Re: Ireland EA Sports cup 6th June Cork City- St Patricks =St Patricks 0, -0.5 (1.85) bet365 Cork City (div 1) position 2° points 27 St. Patricks (pl) position 4° points 28 Preview: Cork City: injured: G Morrissey (midfielder 13 / 2), Candau-Escudé (midfielder 11 / 1), Kavanagh (defender 12 / 0), Cummins (striker 13 / 8); suspended: Danny Murphy (defender 12 / 0), Vinny Sullivan (striker 13 / 2). St. Patricks: injured: Derek Pender (defender 15 / 1), James O'Brien (defender 1 / 0), Conor Kenna (defender 2 / 0). Cork City has a score in-house w4-d2-l0 goals scored 13 goals against 3 while St. Patricks has a score out of home-w4-d1-l2 goals scored 9 goals against 6. The coach said that the Cork City St. Patrick's is one of the fittest teams in the Premier division at the moment and have done well in recent weeks, so we know it will be a difficult game for us. They have a solid defense and are very strong in attack. Given the many absences in the home team sqaudra very important I think that the guest can take advantage. :hope:hope:hope

Ireland - LOI Prem & 1st Div June 10-11 Started my first thread ;) Hopefully one of the regulars can update this with prices, etc. But just to flag up a division 1 game tomorrow. Shelbourne at home to Mervue Utd. Shelbourne sit top of the table, and have won 5 or last 6. Mervue are much improved on last season when they were one of the whipping boys, and sit respectably in mid-table. However they have lost their last 3 league games on the road, and last 5 in all comps. They shipped 3 at Cork (2nd in table) and 4 at Drogheda (Prem Div strugglers) in the cup on Monday. While Shels are not prolific scorers, they have scored in all home games this season. But the main factor is the team news, where the Mervue defence is decimated. From extratime.ie: "Manager Glynn will be without a number of defenders for the trip to Dublin, as Nicky Curran (def/9 app) continues to recover from his knee injury, club captain Eric Browne (def/7 app) has retired due to work commitments, while goalkeeper Ger Hanley (gk/10 app) (shoulder) and Damien O’Rourke (def/1 app) (Achilles) are still on the sidelines. Dan Cunningham (att/8 app) and young centre half James Casserely (def/11 app) (leaving cert) are also unavailable for the trip to the league leaders. Johnny Glynn bemoaned his lack of natural defenders for the Shels match, saying: "we will be missing a number of players again, particularly defenders, as we will only have one recognised centre back in the squad, so it will be a tough task for us but we have to rely on our squad. Manager Johnny Glynn says his side will travel up the M6 with no fear. "We have nothing to be afraid of going to Tolka Park, as we gave them a good game at home in Fahy’s Field and we will go there with plenty of attacking options and confident we can do well and get a result as long as we stick to our game plan”. Shels are as short as 1/6 for the win, but I think there is some value to be had via the goals markets, as follows: 6 pts - Shels over 1.5gls @1/3 (Sporting bet) 2 pts - Shels over 2.5gls @23/20 (Sporting bet) So effectively it's a 8 pt stake, with a push on 2 goals, and 4.3 pt profit on 3 or more. Given that Shels have been liable to concede sloppy goals (7 in 6 home games), they may well need 2 to win the game. So rather than take the skinny prices on a HW, I think this bet offers better risk/reward. :hope

Re: Ireland - LOI Prem & 1st Div June 10-11 St Patrick's vs Derry City - Over 2.25 @ 1.84 - Ladbrokes 5pts A high scoring encounter could be on the cards tonight as the league’s two top scoring teams, St Patrick’s and Derry City go head to head. Daniel North (St Pats) and Eamon Zayed (Derry) are two of the most in form strikers in the league at present and could make this an interesting game for the neutral. Derry will be likely to give young Ryan McBride a start in the heart of defence with their first choice centre half, Shane McEleney, as well as his natural replacement in Emmett Friars both missing from the squad. St Pats also have two of their defenders injured in Pender and Kenna too. 6/8 homes for St Patrick's saw at least 2 goals, 5 of them went over the 2.5 line. Derry, apart from the last 2 away games, have netted 2+ goals in 5/7 aways. The two clubs have scored 56 league goals between them this season, so it should be an open game. Don't really understand the line so going in quite big, for me anyway.

Re: Ireland - LOI Prem & 1st Div June 10-11

Event St. Patrick's - Derry City
Selection Derry City
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.02
Reasoning On the last five games between the two teams, St. Patrick's never won, and the last win was on 2008-09-26, when they won by 2-1. Since then, they draw one game and lost four. They are also on a row of six games always conceding goals when facing Derry City. Resuming all, St.Patrick's got a 1-1-11 record on the last thirteen games they faced Derry City! The bookmakers are giving the favouritism to the hosts and at the moment both teams have 28 points in the table, with similar records, but Derry City has better attack and better defence. I think that Derry City is showing better value this season, with stronger and solid performances and i believe they can win at St.Patrick's, may be by a 1-2 result. It won't be surprising as St.Patrick's on the 8 home games they played so far, they only got 3 clean sheets. Away win here.

Started my first thread ;) Hopefully one of the regulars can update this with prices, etc. But just to flag up a division 1 game tomorrow. Shelbourne at home to Mervue Utd. Shelbourne sit top of the table, and have won 5 or last 6. Mervue are much improved on last season when they were one of the whipping boys, and sit respectably in mid-table. However they have lost their last 3 league games on the road, and last 5 in all comps. They shipped 3 at Cork (2nd in table) and 4 at Drogheda (Prem Div strugglers) in the cup on Monday. While Shels are not prolific scorers, they have scored in all home games this season. But the main factor is the team news, where the Mervue defence is decimated. From extratime.ie: "Manager Glynn will be without a number of defenders for the trip to Dublin, as Nicky Curran (def/9 app) continues to recover from his knee injury, club captain Eric Browne (def/7 app) has retired due to work commitments, while goalkeeper Ger Hanley (gk/10 app) (shoulder) and Damien O’Rourke (def/1 app) (Achilles) are still on the sidelines. Dan Cunningham (att/8 app) and young centre half James Casserely (def/11 app) (leaving cert) are also unavailable for the trip to the league leaders. Johnny Glynn bemoaned his lack of natural defenders for the Shels match, saying: "we will be missing a number of players again, particularly defenders, as we will only have one recognised centre back in the squad, so it will be a tough task for us but we have to rely on our squad. Manager Johnny Glynn says his side will travel up the M6 with no fear. "We have nothing to be afraid of going to Tolka Park, as we gave them a good game at home in Fahy’s Field and we will go there with plenty of attacking options and confident we can do well and get a result as long as we stick to our game plan”. Shels are as short as 1/6 for the win, but I think there is some value to be had via the goals markets, as follows: 6 pts - Shels over 1.5gls @1/3 (Sporting bet) 2 pts - Shels over 2.5gls @23/20 (Sporting bet) So effectively it's a 8 pt stake, with a push on 2 goals, and 4.3 pt profit on 3 or more. Given that Shels have been liable to concede sloppy goals (7 in 6 home games), they may well need 2 to win the game. So rather than take the skinny prices on a HW, I think this bet offers better risk/reward. :hope
:clap sadly, saw your post and went to check the form only to find the 4-0 score from last night! Very good call. I fancy Monaghan to be worth a shy on the -1 AH market on 365 at 1.45, or -1.5 at 1.95 ....they have won comfortably v opponents who have beaten tonight's hosts. GL

:clap sadly, saw your post and went to check the form only to find the 4-0 score from last night! Very good call. I fancy Monaghan to be worth a shy on the -1 AH market on 365 at 1.45, or -1.5 at 1.95 ....they have won comfortably v opponents who have beaten tonight's hosts. GL
Cheers mate. Not a spectacular price, but it's all about winners. Been looking at the Monaghan game and agree they should win. Salthill are bottom of the table, and are really struggling for goals: - Only scored 3 in 6 home games - Only scored 2 in last 10 games - Failed to score in 9 of 13 games this season - Lost 2-1 at home to non-league Sheriff FC in the cup on Monday Monaghan have won their last 3 games to nil, and are evens to do so again today. However given that Salthill have only shipped more than 2 on 3 occasions this season (3 twice and 5 once), it might be possible to squeeze some value out of the correct scores: Monaghan 1-0 @13/2 WH Monaghan 2-0 @11/2 WH Monaghan 3-0 @29/4 BWIN Coupling these gives nearly 2.45/1 against the evens on to win to nil. Gonna look for some team news first but might play this will small stakes

Ireland Premier League, June 13

Event Dundalk - St Patrick's
Selection St Patrick's
Strength 10/10
Date 13/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.56
Reasoning Dundalk surprised everyone with his negative perfomance against Drogheda, being defeated by 1-2, and now they will receive St. Patrick's Athletic. In this game will continue missing Eoghan Osborne, long term. And things are not good on the health of the players. The hosts will also miss today Stephen Maher (groin), Stephen McDonnell (knee), Jason Byrne (hamstring) and Michael Hector (knee). Dean Bennet is also in doubt and Shane Guthrie cannot play as he is on loan from today's opponent, St. Patricks Athletic. Things are not good for the hosts, and after two consecutive defeats, one of them ashaming, they are very pressured to get a good result today, but with this news, i am not optimistic. I think even the hosts players don't believe they can win today's game and they will play not to loose. The visitors will only miss Conor Kenna and Derek Pender, both injured. St Patrick's is favourite to win this game

Re: Irlanda - 1ª Divisione Limerick - Shelbourne =Shelbourne 0 HA (1.75) bet365 Limerick position 4° points 28 Shelbourne position 1° points 32 Preview: Limerick: injured: Garry Sheahan (striker 1 / 0), Stephen O'Flynn (striker 7 / 3), James O'Brien (midfielder 0 / 0), Thomas Lyons (midfielder 1 / 0), Shane Tracy (defender 1 / 0) Brian O'Callaghan (defender 8 / 0); Suspended: Paddy Purcell (midfielder 12 / 2). Shelbourne, there were no absences. The Limerick has a score in-house w5-d1-l1 goals scored 9 goals against 1 and the Shelbourne has a score out of the house w6-d0-l0 goals scored 11 goals against 2. The local team is having a great season, 4 points from Shelbourne, at home and have an impressive roster of the best home defense division 1, as demonstrated by winning 5 of 7 races, and only 1 goal conceded. Shelbourne is by far the best team outside with 6 victories. Although this remains one of the most difficult and tricky I think Shelbourne will continue his streak away from home because the Limerick has many absences are very important. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Irlanda - 1ª Divisione

Limerick - Shelbourne =Shelbourne 0 HA (1.75) bet365 Limerick position 4° points 28 Shelbourne position 1° points 32 Preview: Limerick: injured: Garry Sheahan (striker 1 / 0), Stephen O'Flynn (striker 7 / 3), James O'Brien (midfielder 0 / 0), Thomas Lyons (midfielder 1 / 0), Shane Tracy (defender 1 / 0) Brian O'Callaghan (defender 8 / 0); Suspended: Paddy Purcell (midfielder 12 / 2). Shelbourne, there were no absences. The Limerick has a score in-house w5-d1-l1 goals scored 9 goals against 1 and the Shelbourne has a score out of the house w6-d0-l0 goals scored 11 goals against 2. The local team is having a great season, 4 points from Shelbourne, at home and have an impressive roster of the best home defense division 1, as demonstrated by winning 5 of 7 races, and only 1 goal conceded. Shelbourne is by far the best team outside with 6 victories. Although this remains one of the most difficult and tricky I think Shelbourne will continue his streak away from home because the Limerick has many absences are very important. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHH :clap

Re: Irish Leagues - June Can anyone shed a little light on match between Derry and Sligo? Why are Sligo set as favorites in this one? It's 18 rounds played already, and these two sides are both on 33 points. If Sligo has that better squad, they should have already be 5-10 points ahead of Derry City. It's true that Derry have poor record against Sligo recently, but they lost 2 games in last 10 rounds and have only one defeat at home this season. Anything higher than 2.40 is value bet in my books. Price for a home win is 2.63 @bet365 and 2.71 @pinnacle as highest.

Re: Irish Leagues - June Shamrock rovers to beat Dundalk 1/3 paddy power high stakes Shamrock are a very good team at home playing 9 won 7 drew 1 and lost 1 speaks for its self won there last 2 impressively dundalk have lost 3 on the bounce now i expect shamrock to retain top position in the league with a victory tonight :hope

Re: Irish Leagues - June

Can anyone shed a little light on match between Derry and Sligo? Why are Sligo set as favorites in this one? It's 18 rounds played already, and these two sides are both on 33 points. If Sligo has that better squad, they should have already be 5-10 points ahead of Derry City. It's true that Derry have poor record against Sligo recently, but they lost 2 games in last 10 rounds and have only one defeat at home this season. Anything higher than 2.40 is value bet in my books. Price for a home win is 2.63 @bet365 and 2.71 @pinnacle as highest.
Yeah big drift on Derry for some reason. This is all I can find:

Derry City and Sligo Rovers go head to head in tonight’s Airtricity League Premier Division clash at the Brandywell, kick-off 7.45pm. City must plan without Barry Molloy who is ruled out with ankle ligament damage, but otherwise, manager Stephen Kenny has a full squad to choose from. Kenny said: “The players were excellent on Friday. Not many people expected us to be in this position at halfway. “Now that we are here we need to press on. Sligo are a fine team and it should be a cracking game.” Rovers welcome Gavin Peers back after serving his suspension in last week’s 4-0 win over UCD. Joseph Ndo made a return from injury in the victory over the Students and Derek Foran was fit enough to take a place on the substitutes bench. However, Iarfhlaith Davoren will once again be absent on Tuesday because of injury. Sligo Rovers manager Paul Cook said: “It’s a tough game for us. Derry are a very good side, one of the best in the league. “We’ve had two good wins over them so far this season but I think you can see in this league there is not much between the top sides when they play each other. “It was a good win against UCD but it took us a while to get going and we can’t afford to be that slow to start in Derry.” Rovers recorded a 1-0 win against Derry on the opening night of the season thanks to Aaron Greene’s late winner and also ran out 3-0 winners in the Showgrounds against the Candystripes.