Irish Leagues & Cups - September

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September Galway - Bohs Maybe the under is worth a small punt. Galway usually struggles to score vs. strong opposition (2 goals vs Shamrock were an exception due to their European commitments). Have scored only 9 goals/15 home matches...Bohs are solid at defense, but not too impressive upfront (20 goals/14 away matches). They don´t tend to outscore their opponents...and the cup factor has been mentioned above...I see a result like 0-1 or 0-2...if Galway scores, the bet looks dangerous, but I think they won´t, although I´m aware that they have been the bogey team for Bohs last season and won at Bohs 1-0 early this season, but Bohs at home is a different story... Under 3 @ 1,98 Pinnacle stake 2/10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September

Event Dundalk - St. Patricks
Selection St. Patricks
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 1.91
Reasoning Dundalk was midweek home knocked out from FAI Cup by Bohemians. Like this, Dundalk has nothing more to play for this season, while St. Patricks is still fighting for the title, as they are just four points behind the leader with six games remaining to play. By tradition, this is a togh game to Dundalk, as they can't home defeat St. Patricks since November 1998. Also the 120 minues they played Tuesday against Bohemians can be an obstacle. Both teams have a considerable number of absences. I believe the good form and bigger motivation of St. Patricks will make the difference here.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September Dundalk vs. St. Pats. With only six games left and with no threat of relegation or no chance of a European spot, Dundalk's season is effectively over. Dundalk haven't won in their last five league games and will still be feeling the effects of playing 120 minutes against Bohemians on Tuesday night. On the other hand, St. Pats are still in with a chance of winning the league. They are currently four points off the lead and will be aiming for a European place at the very least. I think it could be a tight game tonight at Oriel Park tonight, so I'm not going into this bet with confidence. 1 Unit - St. Pats to win @1.90. Paddy Power.

Dundalk vs. St. Pats. With only six games left and with no threat of relegation or no chance of a European spot, Dundalk's season is effectively over. Dundalk haven't won in their last five league games and will still be feeling the effects of playing 120 minutes against Bohemians on Tuesday night. On the other hand, St. Pats are still in with a chance of winning the league. They are currently four points off the lead and will be aiming for a European place at the very least. I think it could be a tight game tonight at Oriel Park tonight, so I'm not going into this bet with confidence. 1 Unit - St. Pats to win @1.90. Paddy Power.
:clap St. Pats won 2-0. Was a bit worried when I heard they were missing five players, but it was a comfortable win in the end.

These are my predictions for tonight with odds at local. Any opinion is welcome :ok Drogheda vs Sligo Rovers Home team playing without competitive motivation as they ensure survival. They played against leader Derry last match when took one point, 10 days ago. On the other hand, Rovers threw out Shamrock and won semi-finals of FAI Cup on Monday. If they win Drogheda will be the first in the league, at least a few days. These clubs are often playing a draw, but Sligo's in a series of six consecutive wins (2:0, 3:0, 2:0 in this year). C. O'Brien (most experienced MF) is out for the rest of the season, A. McNally (regular DF), G. Brennan (regular MF) and T. Mulvenna (regular FW) are all suspended for Drogs. J. McGuinness (regular DF) and E. Doyle (topscorer) miss out due injuries for Sligo. 2 @1.35 4/10 2 (no Drogs goal) @2.05 1/10 Dundalk vs St Patricks Athletic We said almost everything about this game. I'll just add that the Saints are playing against more difficult opponents in the next rounds so that they must win here. Both teams have several absences, but home team's in more difficult situation and will have some of juniors on the bench. H2H tradition also supports St. Patrick's cause they didn't lost in Dundalk for 13 last years. These rivals often play a draw at half time this season, so my choices are.... 2(dnb) @1.50 7/10 2 @2.20 4/10 X2 @5.50 1/10 Galway vs Bohemians Home team is more rested and now motivated with new coach. On other hand, Bohs have tough FAI Cup game (120 minutes) a few days ago. Gypsies are sure much better team here, but odds are very bad so I'll try just for fun... 1 (+1,5) @2.30 1/10
Super tips on Sligo and St Patricks :ok

These are my predictions for tonight with odds at local. Any opinion is welcome :ok Drogheda 0:3 Sligo Rovers Home team playing without competitive motivation as they ensure survival. They played against leader Derry last match when took one point, 10 days ago. On the other hand, Rovers threw out Shamrock and won semi-finals of FAI Cup on Monday. If they win Drogheda will be the first in the league, at least a few days. These clubs are often playing a draw, but Sligo's in a series of six consecutive wins (2:0, 3:0, 2:0 in this year). C. O'Brien (most experienced MF) is out for the rest of the season, A. McNally (regular DF), G. Brennan (regular MF) and T. Mulvenna (regular FW) are all suspended for Drogs. J. McGuinness (regular DF) and E. Doyle (topscorer) miss out due injuries for Sligo. 2 @1.35 4/10 :clap 2 (no Drogs goal) @2.05 1/10 :clap Dundalk 0:2 St Patricks Athletic We said almost everything about this game. I'll just add that the Saints are playing against more difficult opponents in the next rounds so that they must win here. Both teams have several absences, but home team's in more difficult situation and will have some of juniors on the bench. H2H tradition also supports St. Patrick's cause they didn't lost in Dundalk for 13 last years. These rivals often play a draw at half time this season, so my choices are.... 2(dnb) @1.50 7/10 :clap 2 @2.20 4/10 :clap X-2 @5.50 1/10 :\ Galway 0:3 Bohemians Home team is more rested and now motivated with new coach. On other hand, Bohs have tough FAI Cup game (120 minutes) a few days ago. Gypsies are sure much better team here, but odds are very bad so I'll try just for fun... 1 (+1,5) @2.30 1/10 :(
+8,75 :cigar:cigar:cigar tnx Louis :ok

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September Bohemians AH-1 @ 2,1 (Pinnacle) 4/10 Hard to imagine that UCD will get anything from this match. They keep on receiving too many goals and usually lose vs. teams from the upper half of the table. Bohs have all to play for and are in reach of an EL-spot. This season´s results were 2-0 (at Belfield) and 1-0...Last time UCD won a match against Bohs was in 2007. After that they lost 8 and drew twice. Motivation is clearly on Bohs side, odds are still ok...

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September It is difficult to predict how many goals Bohs will score. In Fagan they have a good goalscorer, but they rarely play with a 2nd striker. On the other side of things Martin Russel has made UCD a good organised team in the three years as manager at UCD, and he has certainly made them more competitive than they should be. Tonight UCD are missing a few first team players. Coupled with this, Bohs are one of if not the most experienced teams in the league. They may not score many, but they also concede even fewer. As a result I think a good bet for tonight is Bohs to win to nil @ 2.60 with Paddy Power. Alternatively if you want more cautious bets, either Bohs clean sheet @ evens with Betfair or simply Bohs to win at around 1.6 with Betfair/Paddy Power are also fine bets.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September UCD vs Bohemians Things are clear for taking this bet: UCD is missing some players in defensive, had a miserble season and have no motivation for this game. Bohemians are looking to get a win in order to hope for an Europa League place. If they will not win, everything is over, they will have a blanck season. away -1 AH @ 1.78 with 188bet

UCD vs. Bohemians. Bohemians don't score much, so I would avoid taking them on the handicap, but they don't concede much either, keeping four clean sheets in their last five games. Bohemians will have to win tonight to keep their slim title hopes alive, so I have no problem in taking the 1.50 on offer. 2 Units - Bohemians to win @1.50. Paddy Power. 1 Unit - Bohemians to win to nil @2.25. Paddy Power.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September That was some result for UCD. Like I said, Martin Russell is a very good manager and UCD are a lot more competitive than they should be under him. How and ever, Bohemians should have won the game, but in the end were obviously just not good enough. Not starting Fagan was a very weird decision by Pat Fenlon. Sorry guys.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - September Bohemians - St. Patricks: Draw @ 3.30 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Bohemians and St. Patricks sit in 5th and 4th place respectively with 54 and 58 points. Bohemians' form in the last 8 matches is 5-1-2 and St. Patricks' form in the last 8 matches is 4-3-1. In April the teams played to a 0-0 draw. The market has St. Patricks as slight favourites, but I don't think that a win for either team is clear. Given the similarity of the teams performance at the moment I feel the draw is a good percentage bet and the odds are worth the risk.