Royal Ascot

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Royal Ascot

Obviously there are an incredible number of possibilities in this race. Here are my two against the field: Coral are going 25-1 Pintura, which seems big for a horse who can act in big fields, as shown when he recently came second in the Newbury Sprng Cup. He should be even better on GS going, and Jamie Spencer has won on him before. I also like Brick Red at 33-1 (generally). He is one who certainly acts better on softer going than that which he encountered at the start of the season. I think there was enough encouragement in his last run (4th at Sandown) to suggest that he too could feature in the shake-up. Recently he has been ridden by Jimmy Fortune, but he appears to have been jocked off by William Buick, who won on him in 2009. This jockey change is another plus for me, as is the fact that he has won at Ascot in the past.
leviathan beat brick red by nearly 3 lengths in that last race and now gets in off bottom weight .....same terms ......thats why the spreadsheet spotted him

Re: Royal Ascot Looking forward to seeing Frankel but at the price I wont be backing him. Grand Prix boss seems a big price and I know he is unraced on anything other than firm but dont most Japanese horses only ever run on firm ground or is that just me? Betting in the w/o market sees him as a 7/1 chance which isnt a bad price IMHO

Re: kings stand ante post

just a speculative bet for the kings stand : ive been really impressed with prohibit lately recording 160 ,151 on his last 2 runs and only losing today to a horse that was recieving allowances ,,, im not mad on the fav star witness as he has been carrying low weights in his times and has to lump 9-4 in the king stand and sole power is priced up at 8-1 generally who beat prohibit by about a length when they last met but prohibit is priced up at 25/1 with paddy power !!!!! thats got to be good value and i expect him to shorten on the day so might make a good lay bet nearer the time once the form readers dive in or might just let it run .....see how the wind blows 5pts e.w
150 pts on the first day of royal ascot .........get in there !!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:nana:nana:nana

4.25 asc coventry stakes : another wide open race with lots of improvers (so stick a pin in ......lol) st barths 152 power 150 + brocklebank 150 camponolgy 145+ italo 145+ gatepost 145+ power for the powerful aiden o brien and ryan moore team will be hard to beat in this and 5/1 isnt a bad price but it might be worth looking elsewhere not least because the ground has changed to good and brocklebanks ,gatepost and italos ratings were all achieved on good so that boosts their credentials ,lots of value so for me : 2pts win gatepost 7/1 brocklebank 1pt win 20/1 italo 1pt win 16/1 add 1pt win camponolgy 28/1 to that list as i only just noticed he ran extremely green lto and vast improvement could come
the fast ground horses are all going in .....so the ground must be riding fastish 1st and 2nd rated ....finish 1st and 3rd ......nearly ...lol

As I've said a million times before - Canford > Frankel. Can't wait until they face off.
RP LIVE REPORTER: '4:24pm Crikey In a match bet, wherever (or if) they meet, Coral are 1-2 Frankel, 6-4 Canford Cliffs. I know where my money is going.' No way should Frankel be 1-2 in this bet.

RP LIVE REPORTER: '4:24pm Crikey In a match bet, wherever (or if) they meet, Coral are 1-2 Frankel, 6-4 Canford Cliffs. I know where my money is going.' No way should Frankel be 1-2 in this bet.
Do you think he should be shorter? I'd of expected a bit more of a price about Canford, even though I think he's the better animal.

Chapman going banzai on the jockey's ride on Zigato in the 4:55' date=' thoughts please[/quote'] You can't win at Ascot from so far back. Only if he was on Yeates and was racing off 92 he would've won that. He almost fcuked it up lto and this time in a competitive race he didn't get away with it.

You can't win at Ascot from so far back. Only if he was on Yeates and was racing off 92 he would've won that. He almost fcuked it up lto and this time in a competitive race he didn't get away with it.
I concur he made a right horlicks of it, would you risk your hard earned next time out?

If he rode it most deffo the jockey as he gave the horse far too much to do
He has problems with his weight and it's affecting him. Been riding some shockers this season and he's never been so bad before. Heard he is gaining weight and can't stop it and can't ride low weight in handicaps like he used to do. Maybe that's the reason and he's low on confidence. He done me twice here. First he said this is his best chance of the week and spilled the beans on a great price. Then he rode this. On another day would've been a 7/1 winner and not a 9/2 place :D

He has problems with his weight and it's affecting him. Been riding some shockers this season and he's never been so bad before. Heard he is gaining weight and can't stop it and can't ride low weight in handicaps like he used to do. Maybe that's the reason and he's low on confidence. He done me twice here. First he said this is his best chance of the week and spilled the beans on a great price. Then he rode this. On another day would've been a 7/1 winner and not a 9/2 place :D
Looks like he might be doing a "Weaver" in the future

Bookies took a bit of a pasting after day one, you can bet the prices will be reframed on horses drawn under the stands rail Olivier Peslier got fined £650 for wearing somebody else's riding boots
yeah and at 2lbs heavier boots which equates to 1 length at 1 mile and she lost by 1 length ......thats left a sour taste in the goldikova fans and all he gets fined is £650 !!!! joke