** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

1000 guineas ratings

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 1000 guineas ratings the vibes are generally that blue bunting will be running and zooraaw will go to the french one but still plans are open ,no vibes on how they are running though .laughing lashes is supposedly running well on gallops which is a positive for her ,but still one of the most open ive seen for a while if blue bunting runs then like casamento i will probably stick with the al zarooni horse and see what happens .....(gulp):notworthy

Re: 1000 guineas ratings right its 2 days before the race and time to stop faffing around,if this is a speed rating thread for the 1000 guineas then with white monnstone out ,questions about blue buntings run (although i have an ante post so can put a line through her) .........then 1 horse from a time perspective stands out like a beaming beacon with neon lights twinkling away saying "back me " !!! and thats hooray but before i invest my hard earned cash i have to ask myself 2 questions , 1) can this horse win a 1000 guineas (will i get a decent run) and 2) will i get value there has been a lot of negativity about hooray in the press and that goes some way to as why shes a bit friendless in the betting but lets look at the facts .......... firstly she has won at newmarket (big positive ) and although there is a big negative on the guineas trip ....her lets face it demolition of the cheveley park field on rain softened ground strongly suggested that a trip up to at least 7f would be no problem at all .that was a group 1 so is proven in the class as well (another positive) . she did nothing but improve last year and is now rated 116 i believe ,but as the only horse to have done the average winning time of a guineas winner she stands out as a very strong candidate . havant is unbeaten (and unbeaten horses have done well in the past ) gallop reports are good for this horse but lets face it has done nothing on the clock (barely 100) to date and price is ridiculous . the french horse won a group 3 and now tackles a group 1 onan unfamiliar track in a different country but as the french do occasionally land a guineas then i suppose warrants a bit of respect but price is still silly so overall .....you have afilly who has recorded one of the fastest times on a racecourse of these (albeit over 6f) ,has proven group 1 form ,proven on ground ,won the cheveley park (demolished ) (a good trial for the guineas i believe) and is wrapped up in a nice 9/1 or even 10/1 bow....from a speed perspective there can be no other selection , my only question i need answering is ......9/1 really ? 10pts e.w at best price

Re: 1000 guineas ratings Has Barefoot Lady come out? I couldn't have Hooray on the ground as she has twice been beaten by Memory on good to firm. The way Memory quickened up the Cherry Hinton was very impressive and don't think this horse gave its true running in Ireland. Hooray would only be of interest for me if the rain comes. At the moment I am with Moonlight Cloud but waiting for the day. Rain in my opinion would better the chances of both Hooray and Havant. Barefoot Lady is interesting for me at a bigger price

Re: 1000 guineas ratings

If just going by times, then Hooray is the only one you should be interested in Richard. However she is unlikely to stay. By sprinter Invincible Spirit who was in turn by another best known for sprinting in Green Desert (also second to Dancing Brave in the Guineas). Dam Hypnotise is by miler Machiavellian whos stock are generally milers. Hypnotise herself was effective at up to 1m. Her sons and daughters have not got further than a mile, no matter who the sire. Including Hypnotic and Notorize who were by stamina influences Lomitas and Hernando. Grand dam Belle Et Deluree (by Derby winner The Minstrel herself) did win over further, but produced Dazzle (by miler Gone West), winner of the Cherry Hinton (6f) at 2 yet finished 3rd in the 1000 Guineas before being dropped in trip. Winning the Oak Tree (listed 7f) at Goodwood. There is also Hooray's character to consider, she's an enthusiastic filly who likes to get on with it. Attraction was another front-running filly who managed to stay 1m, although she was by Efisio, best at 7f to 1m, from a miling family on the dams side. Her ability is A1 at 6f, better than any other horse in the race. If it were a 6 furlongs she'd be favourite. There are fillys in the race like Havant and Misty For Me, who will want a strong pace to make use of their stamina. So it is unlikely Hooray will be allowed to dictate a slow pace and make it a test of speed at the trip. I'd say she probably won't stay, but it is possible her price makes it a worthwhile risk.
Have the ante-post value with Havant, but I've just taken the 9/1 Hooray. We must stop agreeing like this Richard.:ok

Re: 1000 guineas ratings the r.p arent showing prices for barefoot lady ? but there was a newsfeed from trainer 3 hrs ago saying shes flying at home ? so whats the story there ? hoorays best form has been on good to date but im not concerned about memory as that was very early in the season and hooray improved over 1 stone afterwards and has posted times much faster than memory ,a mis season line through margot did puts hooray just in front but then hooray improved again afterwards whilst memory flopped in the group 1(dist ? or class ?) so 11/2 is too short for me given that question mark

Have the ante-post value with Havant, but I've just taken the 9/1 Hooray. We must stop agreeing like this Richard.:ok
well ......you gotta have a go GT ... i love these big races and im very happy with hooray as my main bet ......i just hope the wheels dont fall off at the 6 pole ......:rollin:clap

Re: 1000 guineas ratings Had a good look at the race tonight but it's just impossible...... Too many runners.......too many of the fancied ones making their seasonal debuts..........I've even got too many big price outsiders with an EW shot...... Of the fancied ones I think Moonlight Cloud is the most likely winner and if forced to have a 'win bet' she'd carry the cash. I'm not so keen on Memory or Hooray but Havant looks ok Outsiders .........I liked Nova Hawk earlier in the week but not sure the firm ground will suit her as she's never run on it before. I might be tempted by the Nell Gwyn form.........run in a decent time and we know the fillies are race fit and act on the track and on good to firm ground Notice that the first 3 home in the 2000 Gns had all had a run this season Winner Barefoot Lady was supplemented for the Guineas at a cost of 30K and is currently available at 22/1.........third home Maqaasid is now 28/1 and 4th home was Show Rainbow, currently 100/1 Of those 3 i think Show rainbow might beat the other 2 this time........she looks the most likely to be suited by the extra furlong and Mick Channon's runners traditionally come on a lot for a first run - and he's an excellent trainer of fillies The two Aidan O'Brien runners who have had a run this season look pretty big.........Empowering at 33/1 and together at 50/1. Of the two i like Empowering most as she won an Irish guineas trial Couple of EW shots........ Barefoot Lady at 22/1 BOG bet365 Show Rainbow at 100/1 BOG bet365

the vibes are generally that blue bunting will be running and zooraaw will go to the french one but still plans are open ,no vibes on how they are running though .laughing lashes is supposedly running well on gallops which is a positive for her ,but still one of the most open ive seen for a while if blue bunting runs then like casamento i will probably stick with the al zarooni horse and see what happens .....(gulp):notworthy
Well done....:clap

Re: 1000 guineas ratings eerrrm ........what was that about speed ratings being crap ? ........£10 e.w at 66/1 !!!!!! its a good day in the westwood household :drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana only just got back from work and havent watched the race yet or seen the times so looking forward to it ...........

maiden to group 1 winner ..........the clock never lies ;) for a 2yr old to run that time was extra special compared to the older horses running that day
She didnt go from a maiden to a Group One winner, she Won a listed race over C/D on her last run last year. You did say Frankels time ysterday was terrible but he ran 2 seconds faster than Blue Bunting. So her form today was not "extra special".

Re: 1000 guineas ratings time was till horrendous for a guineas ? dont know if the wind has something to do with it or whether the ground is riding slow and not good/firm because those times would suggest that .the chances of both guineas being run at a slow pace are nominal so its suggesting that theres something else at work

Re: 1000 guineas ratings i agree ....her time wasnt that extra special but she is capable of posting a very fast time when she wants to .......only time will tell when they run again on another course with no headwinds and they have had a proper run in them .the time for this guineas is super slow too so whats caused the time lag ?

Re: 1000 guineas ratings What the hell happened to Memory! Watched the start not even realising this horse wasn't with them and then all of a sudden the camera switched about 100 yds behind the field and there was memory! Absolutely gutted! Didn't even get a run plus Moonlight Cloud was disappointing. Barefoot Lady ran a good race

cant really read into these results because of the wind factor ......it could theoretically have slowed them ' date='but to the degree of the time lag we've seen ? at least the time lag was constant so that means its either wind or going ? or both[/quote'] No offence but the above statement is absolute...****

Re: 1000 guineas ratings so how do you explain 2 of the slowest guineas in recent times that contained apparently the quickest horse for many years and the fastest filly of last year ..........?and hooray was the fastest filly but over 6f and blue bunting was the fastest over 1 mile and hooray conked out at the 6 pole and blue bunting won ?

so how do you explain 2 of the slowest guineas in recent times that contained apparently the quickest horse for many years and the fastest filly of last year ..........?
She wasnt the quickest filly of last year, today shes beaten horses that dont stay and horses who dont like fast. We will never know what Memory would have done. Slow time for her is because shes average, slow time for Frankel...headwind, led all the way and never under pressure.