** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

1000 guineas ratings

Re: 1000 guineas ratings I am very much of the opinion that we did see an absolutely unbelievable performance by Frankel on Saturday. Forget about the time but just watch the race. He went 5f pace early on and had everything beat by halfway. He battered them all into submission. The fact he finished his race off as well as he did, makes it even more unbelievable. If the jockey had chosen to reign Frankel in early on, I reckon he would have ran a much quicker time but the other horses would have got much closer. To win it the way he did was amazing to watch. To have that many class horses left floundering behind was very special. :notworthy Native Khan did well to get so close

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 1000 guineas ratings

:rollin I suggest you take a look at an article about Frankel's 2000 Guineas on the betfair website by Timeform's Simon Rowlands.:eyes
Totally agree. On my ratings I've got him as the second fastest thing ever on Earth... 1...Superman when he spun the Earth in reverse. 2...Frankel 3...Concorde. Scary thing is, hes going to improve again, hes a very big horse.

Re: 1000 guineas ratings hey .....i just got this from the press....... " Frankel looked awesome but his winning time was slow. The notion of sectional times is one which has escaped the English so we can only guess as to his first 800m split. I suspect it was slow. Frankel ran 1.37.3 which is one second slower than Makfi last year. It's 1.5 seconds slower than Sea The Stars in 2009. All the editions run on ground described the same - good to firm. Of course, the measure of any 3YO and any 3YO crop comes with time and Frankel may prove to be one of the greats but, right now, I'm reserving judgement. thats exactly what i said !!!!! almost word for word ...........do you think they copied me? lol

Re: 1000 guineas ratings

I am sure someone on attheraces today said something like he did the 5f in 58 seconds and win the king stand easily if he went for it. I may heard wrong though :unsure
Correct - was in the RP. 5f times were Group 1 sprinter standard

• 2 months later...

Re: 1000 guineas ratings Couldn't resist backing Regal Realm for next years Guineas at 25/1 The form of the miaden win looks top quality and she is open to any amount of improvement. Will get the mile, and a bit more and if fit and comes on then she will be a lot shorter. Next entered in the Group 2 Lowther Stakes at York