** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April

3:10 Wolverhampton - Take Your Partner - Back He looks relatively bombproof in this company. He is, by a long long way, the form horse of the field, after racking up a hat-trick from his 3 starts thus far in 2011. He has been winning easily every time and it looks like the other 3 will be right up against it to stop him from making it 4 here. He was eased down lto suggesting that he still has a fair bit left in his locker and I don't think this will be the day where his winning run will come to an end. Rhal may well have to settle for 2nd for the 3rd time in a row 1pt win @ SP

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 3.40 Wolverhampton The only race of the day with a couple of names catching my eye. Spinning Ridge has been in great form recently with probert knowning the horse inside out and getting the leg up yet again today, 2lb rise for latest win is more than fair and still remains 6lb below highest winning mark and is well known to string good efforts together and could continue his good run. Drawn hasnt been the kindest but he has been held up recently. The most interesting runner has to be Magical Illusion for the inform Evans yard. His jockey bookings are always hard to work out as they have so many runners these days. But Gannon has become one of his top jockeys and has done well with him and Doyle who rides Evans other runner hasnt had anywhere near as many rides for him also Doyles horse El Liberator is a frustrating sort who is still a maiden after 27 starts often costing punters plenty along the way and is usually worth opposing. Magical Illusion hasnt been seen for nearly 3 years but yard going well and in my opinion first jockey booked and well drawn in stall. Could be dangerously handicapped if fully fit having last been seen winning a competitive nursery off a 2lb higher mark. Also interesting yard have perservered with her (although wouldnt be surprised if she might have had/tried to have a foal cant find any records anywhere to suggest this thoug). 1pts win Magical Illusion

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 17.30 Windsor Lord Ofthe Shadows - 1 pt win @ SP Lord Ofthe Shadows looked to have a lot to offer despite finishing 2nd last time and should go better here Hannon has a great record in this race and looks to have the best horse in the race this time to get another win in a maiden

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 5:00 Windsor - Simple Rhythm - 1pt @ 12/1 (Bet365) Running relatively consistently on the AW of late and rarely beaten too far. Has had a fruitless time of it but now returns to the turf and could be well in on all known form. Travels strongly and is likely to be suited as to how this will pan out. Ran well here last year and would of won if she hadn't found zilch off the bridle. That was from a 12lb higher mark than she runs off today and Natasha Eaton takes the reins and removes a valuable 5lbs to leave this horse well below all her winning handicap marks. She's still only 5, so it's possible that she's not on a complete decline and I fancy her chances at 12/1. Ground is fine, track ideal, returning jockey who won on her before, well handicapped, well weighted, well suited to how it'll be run, well in! Hopefully.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 645 Ffos Las : Pure Faith 1pt (7/2 PP) Only 5 runners and all in with some sort of a chance but I like Pure Faith a lot, he won 3 novice hurdles in the summer when the ground was decent and then he tried chasing and wasnt disgraced. Last time out he ran at Haydock in a Listed race and wasnt beaten far behind Toubab and the rating of 124 looks pretty fair to me. He has won at the track before and if it dries out anymore then it will suit him more than the others, hopefully all 5 will run to keep the price respectable.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 2.10 Barton bounty 11/2 e/w betfred Going each way for competition as trying to stay up near the top! This one has been consistent in these types of races this year and won really well last time out. The 7lb rise looks harsh for just a 3/4 length win but the front 2 pulled 8 lengths clear of the field. The horse that finished second that day was wrecking crew who had been runner up on his 2 previous runs. Barton bounty also has the best of the draw today of the fancied runners so he should be able to stay clear of trouble which in these types of races can count for a lot. But of a trappy race to nap in but I can't see this one failing to make the frame.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 3.50 Plumpton Alterain ran well to a point lto but this is his time of year and I expect the favourite ran to his absoute best in that race anyway. Down to a very decent mark and with the ground perfect Alterain could just pop up for his one win per year here. 1 Pt win 11/2 Bet365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 600 windsor 1pt win rezwaan 13/2 PP BOG tartan trip has been taken out so the rest shorten in price. still the price about a hatrick seeker for an inform yard with a topclass jockey is too good to be true. kay gee bee will be a danger but this lad should go close with conditions and track 2 suit

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Hexham 3.30 Persian Prince 1pt win - 12/1 bet365 Only one win over fences so far, but placed several times and 3 from 5 in pointers. Bolted up in May last year over this distance and is a horse, who is still lightly raced for 11yo. Came back after 8 month break to finish 2nd at Musselburgh behind his stablemate Tyrone House, who was well fancied that day. Rare poor round of jumping last month, but the flat 18f wasn't really his test. Return to more galloping track and 2m4f suits and is still on a good mark. Denis O'Regan takes the ride and I think John Wade will be trying with this fella today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Wolverhampton 4:10 McCool Bananas 4-1 Paddy Power 1 Point WIN Had this one in my alerts after watching him last time out. Raced wide and didnt really settle but once he found is foot showed a great turn of pace to finish like a steam train and was narrowly beaten. Spencer takes the ride today and it may actually suit his hold up tactics to drop the horse in behind and come with a late finish. Experience of last two races over C&D sure to help as plenty of doubts about the rest of the field.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Wolv 3.40 - Sweet Mirasol - EW at 25/1 BOG with bet365 Looks a bit overpriced for a stable in decent form in a poor race Her only win came over 6F here and she should get todays 7F on breeding and has run well, narrow 2nd, over 7F at catterick Her big price is no doubt down to being well beaten on her reappearance, beaten 12 lengths But last year she was beaten 15 lengths on her reappearance and came out next time and won at 20/1

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 4.00 Hexham Woody Valentine ew at 28/1 Bet365 With the ground drying up I'm hoping it could be in my selections favour. Returned from a break of 9months two starts back at Carlisle in an amateurs h/cap hurdle , held up and weakened with 3 hurdles to go in heavy ground over todays distance and was then sent over 2m1f and again.wasn't given a hard race with todays jock O'farrel claiming 3Lbs of which he does today also , coupled with another 2Lb drop in weight seems to give it a chance today. Last win came in Sept 09 on Gd/frm ground off 111 and although had 13 races since then , most of those were on soft or worse ground of which it has only won and placed a couple of times so I think given the conditions , proper distance and rating of 97 , 9lbs lower than last win, could see it make the frame. Trainer not sent one out in a couple of weeks but last quartet of runners performed with credit and hoping for a good show today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Wolves 2.40 - Lewyn 1 pts win @ 7/4 with William Hill Is going for the hat trick today and the way he has won these kind of races last twice makes me thing he will be hard to stop. Wins at Lingfield and Kempton. Horse that was third at Kempton has won since. Looks to be the one to beat here.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 17:25 Plumpton Horseshoe Reef - Yet to win on hurdles in the places consistantly this time last year when rated 120. Sam Twisties got a good tune out of him LTO over the chase here at 20f. Having another go off the hurdles off 109 today for Daryl Jacobs only ride. Goes on going 1pt win 5/2 paddypower

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Its a tricky little day today but just like every other money can be made, something always has to pass the post first. I like the look of Cathy Gannon's colt in the 4:45 so i'll put my bet of the day and some loose change in her hands. Frankie boy is on the jolly but that gelding has been off the course a wee while and could get caught for fitness. My pick is sure to be fit and ran some great races sure only winning one, its Cathy's first time onboard today but she's a cracking jockey and should ride yet another great race. The colt also has a nice weight today and he's defo not out a race of this class. Wolverhampton 4:45 - Lean Machine 1pt win - 8/1 SJ & VC Fortune favors the brave.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April Serious Spender - 5.30 Windsor (0.5 e.w. at 6/1 CORAL) Lord Ofthe Shadows is a big odds-on fav in this 9-runner field, and only one rival is even in single figures. That horse is Serious Spender (by promising first-season Amadeus Wolf) who comes from a yard with a good record of FTO winners. Based on last week's run, Lord Ofthe Shadows should win this, but Serious Spender is pretty decent each way value at 6-1. (Actually, after I took the price and was typing this up, he seems to have dropped to 5-1!)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 6.00 windsor Bramshaw - posted this in the eyecatchers thread last year. Had a few hard luck stories but returns to the track tonight with another winter on his back from a good draw. Sometimes fto winners are badly handicapped but this one looks an exception. 5/1 vc, EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 2.10 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Pie Poudre @ 9/2 (Bet365) This horse has been running consistently well over c&d, just failing last time behind Angelina Ballerina - who has rattled up a quick hat-trick (disposing of useful c&d horse Clearing House at Lingfield last time out). Pie Poudre has the visor on first time today to sharpen him up and hopefully get his nose in front for Roy Brotherton who had a winner recently with War Of The Roses.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 6.00 Windsor - Lockantanks 16/1 SJ E/W As mentioned, i got on Kay Gee Bee at 7/1 last night who's been backed as if he cant lose here. I wouldnt be interested at the current price and probably slightly bigger, his recent win strike rate is concerning, only the one win in about his last 25 starts and although in stronger races you've got to question his attitude. I really like the price on Lockantanks here who could be very well handicapped here. Showed very little for most of his career but something seemed to click about 10 starts ago and he's progressed really well on the all weather. The step up to a mile especially suited, hacked up at Lingfield off a mark of 69. Up to 76 after that and went down by a nose in a hot class 4 handicap at Kempton. Could argue that he's been held off that mark since but i dont agree, his last 2 starts over a mile he's been held up a long way back and travelled strongly but given too much to do, a strong gallop would be ideal. Back on turf is only off a mark of 71, he finished second on good to firm ground off a mark of 70 last year and is a much better horse now. He's 5lbs lower from when he went down by a nose a few starts ago so is potentially nicely handicapped here. If Kay Gee Bee gets an uncontested lead he is very dangerous, if hassled and they go too quick this could be set up perfectly for this one. 16/1 is a massive price imo and i like this ones chances.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April WOLVERHAMPTON 3-10...TAKE YOUR PARTNER...1 PT WIN @ SP The key to this race is the taking out of RHAL (who I think would have Won), the selection is odds on and rightly so, rated 80 and far better than his two rivals, hes got a perfect draw and the Ryan stable is in fine form. Won his last three races and is a C/D winner, will win no doubts.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 3.40 Wolves: Crocodile Bay 1pt win @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG Has been highly tried over last few weeks and yet to win in 2011, however has dropped to a very attractive handicap as a consequence and the last time the horse won was over C&D. Another change of headgear today could spark a bit of life back into the horse and should hold every chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 6.00 windsor Bramshaw was well touted last year when it ran well without actually winning in a kempton mile handicap and over 7f at sandown, went off the boil after that and i'll forgive its last two runs, takes marked drop in trip and potentially a class above if ready to do itself justice. 1pt win brawshaw 11/2 lads

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April

6.00 Windsor - Lockantanks 16/1 SJ E/W As mentioned, i got on Kay Gee Bee at 7/1 last night who's been backed as if he cant lose here. I wouldnt be interested at the current price and probably slightly bigger, his recent win strike rate is concerning, only the one win in about his last 25 starts and although in stronger races you've got to question his attitude. I really like the price on Lockantanks here who could be very well handicapped here. Showed very little for most of his career but something seemed to click about 10 starts ago and he's progressed really well on the all weather. The step up to a mile especially suited, hacked up at Lingfield off a mark of 69. Up to 76 after that and went down by a nose in a hot class 4 handicap at Kempton. Could argue that he's been held off that mark since but i dont agree, his last 2 starts over a mile he's been held up a long way back and travelled strongly but given too much to do, a strong gallop would be ideal. Back on turf is only off a mark of 71, he finished second on good to firm ground off a mark of 70 last year and is a much better horse now. He's 5lbs lower from when he went down by a nose a few starts ago so is potentially nicely handicapped here. If Kay Gee Bee gets an uncontested lead he is very dangerous, if hassled and they go too quick this could be set up perfectly for this one. 16/1 is a massive price imo and i like this ones chances.
Cheers for the heads up on the Fahey & Hanagan runner, Oh they knew, took 9/4 but they all count in my book. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 7.05 Windsor Informed Reward 7/2 Bet 365 This one made its debut last week over CD and I thought was given a rubbish ride by William Buick. Waited for too long on the inside to get a gap and eventually switched the horse to the outside and he ran on well. Gosden stable have started the season in decent enough form and I expect this horse to come on plenty for the run. Given a better ride tonight this horse can take this. There is nothing special out of the already raced horses, although there could be some big improver's. I'll take a chance with this horse to take this race with the fitness edge over a lot of the field. Just had the winner of the last race as well so fingers crossed for the double

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 11th April 7:35 Dressing Room @ Windsor - Had a disappointing return at Musselburgh last week over the shorter trip of 1 mile 1 furlong when a beaten favourite.Tried with the visor this time and has a good jockey booked in Sylvester De Sousa.Ground no problem and sure to go close 1 pt Win bet @ 7/2 VCBet