** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - 21 March - April 4

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 As for serious stuff, really not that many good offers. Had Hantuchova on -4, but was offline, so that is gone as far as this forum is concerned. Will offer four selections for today. Two apiece for WTA and ATP. Iveta Benesova +5 AH vs Flavia Pennetta. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) Find this handicap too big for Pennetta to cover. She is not in her best form at the moment and had terrible Indian Wells, getting past Baltacha in a mighty struggle in three sets and then had total humiliation against Kleybanova whom she had beaten 4 times before. Benesova is no world beater but I like her on hard courts despite her favorite surface being clay. She has had some nice results this year on hard and will be encourage by her previous results against Pennetta having won 3 out of 7 matches against the Italian. Maria Sharapova -5 AH vs Petra Martic. 2.31 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I think this will be the case of too big of a match for Martic. Playing Sharapova will be huge for her and she is not that mature yet so I can see a lot of nerves etc. She can be vulnerable on serve, especially the 2nd one, so Sharapova should be all over her 2nd serve and occasionally the first one as well. I think 5 games handicap for Masha is really doable thing here. 6-2, 6-2 outcome would not surprise me. Unders would be a good option as well at 19.5 games but this will be the first meeting between the two, so Sharapova might need some games to figure her opponent out. Anyway believe that she will win by 5 or more. Ivo Karlovic to beat Florian Mayer. 1.73 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Karlovic had a fantastic tournament in Indian Wells last week and surely will take a lot of confidence from there. He took Nadal to a 3rd set tie-break which speaks volumes. As far as this match goes, really not sure about handicaps. I think Karlovic will win but it might be all about the tie-breaks. They've had three tie-breaks in their only H2H match which took place in Sunrise Challenger 5 years ago. Mayer has been very poor this year and might easily give up if he loses the opening set. He was hammered 6-2, 6-1 by Golubev in IW and Golubev is a garbage atm himself so could be anything. Will stick with a Karlo win here, odds not the best around but have to take what's been offered Olivier Rochus to beat Blaz Kavcic. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kavcic is a Challenger level player and really should not be in ATP 250's let alone Masters. It's ridiculous but that's how the rankings work and we have quite a lot of 'unbelievable talents' in top tier tournaments lately. Rochus comes here on the back of a win in Challenger tournament and has won seven matches in a row. That's huge for confidence and he's of course a better player than Kavcic. The Slovenian player has got better serve but other than that, he's quite average and has not had decent results lately. In-form Rochus should be able to get rid of him.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4

As for serious stuff, really not that many good offers. Had Hantuchova on -4, but was offline, so that is gone as far as this forum is concerned. Will offer four selections for today. Two apiece for WTA and ATP. Iveta Benesova +5 AH vs Flavia Pennetta. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) Find this handicap too big for Pennetta to cover. She is not in her best form at the moment and had terrible Indian Wells, getting past Baltacha in a mighty struggle in three sets and then had total humiliation against Kleybanova whom she had beaten 4 times before. Benesova is no world beater but I like her on hard courts despite her favorite surface being clay. She has had some nice results this year on hard and will be encourage by her previous results against Pennetta having won 3 out of 7 matches against the Italian. Maria Sharapova -5 AH vs Petra Martic. 2.31 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I think this will be the case of too big of a match for Martic. Playing Sharapova will be huge for her and she is not that mature yet so I can see a lot of nerves etc. She can be vulnerable on serve, especially the 2nd one, so Sharapova should be all over her 2nd serve and occasionally the first one as well. I think 5 games handicap for Masha is really doable thing here. 6-2, 6-2 outcome would not surprise me. Unders would be a good option as well at 19.5 games but this will be the first meeting between the two, so Sharapova might need some games to figure her opponent out. Anyway believe that she will win by 5 or more. Ivo Karlovic to beat Florian Mayer. 1.73 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Karlovic had a fantastic tournament in Indian Wells last week and surely will take a lot of confidence from there. He took Nadal to a 3rd set tie-break which speaks volumes. As far as this match goes, really not sure about handicaps. I think Karlovic will win but it might be all about the tie-breaks. They've had three tie-breaks in their only H2H match which took place in Sunrise Challenger 5 years ago. Mayer has been very poor this year and might easily give up if he loses the opening set. He was hammered 6-2, 6-1 by Golubev in IW and Golubev is a garbage atm himself so could be anything. Will stick with a Karlo win here, odds not the best around but have to take what's been offered Olivier Rochus to beat Blaz Kavcic. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kavcic is a Challenger level player and really should not be in ATP 250's let alone Masters. It's ridiculous but that's how the rankings work and we have quite a lot of 'unbelievable talents' in top tier tournaments lately. Rochus comes here on the back of a win in Challenger tournament and has won seven matches in a row. That's huge for confidence and he's of course a better player than Kavcic. The Slovenian player has got better serve but other than that, he's quite average and has not had decent results lately. In-form Rochus should be able to get rid of him.
Thanks

Wickmayer x Sharapova x Peer @ 1.988 (Pinnacle:4pts) Gabashvili vs Brands OVER 22 games AH @ 1.917 (Pinny:5pts)
loss x 2....Peer tanked, Brands finished at 21 games. Was luckily able to cover the peer bet by taking AMG in-play when it looked clear Peer was going down easy. I wouldnt win an argument this past month..........tennis and football have nose-dived for me.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 But I'll try a couple more again tomorrow.......:eyes Kohli +4 games AH vs Del Potro@ 1.72 (Pinnacle:4pts) Kohli can be a really difficult opponent at times and does tend to step it up against the top guys, at least pushing them. Del Potro came through solid enough against Mello but still not quite at his best level IMO - threw in some loose service games a couple of times. Del Potro beat him 76 76 last week, hopefully another close one here. Makarova + 4 games AH vs Kleybanova @ 1.926 (Pinnacle:4pts) I wouldnt trust Kleybanova with big handicaps tbh, she can have days when she matches the top guys andtakes a set off them but also prone to lose to alot of players. Makarova is quite good, decent serve and goes for her shots. She got a win here already beating the headcase Dushevina in 2 easily, that could stand her in good stead here. gl!

S Stakhovsky v G Dimitrov S Stakhovsky to win 4/5 @ PaddyPower ----- Rating 7.5/10 Stakhovsky is a very tricky player, especially if your defensive skills are weak, Dimitrov as promising he is offensively, has very weak defensive skills, he doesn't have the mobility to defend when on the backfoot. Stakhovsy has flat and attacking groundstrokes and tricky serve to match, its really not a good match up in terms of styles. Stakhovsky has also been on relatively good form, whereas Dimitrov has flattered to deceives on many occasions. He is winning challengers and murdering players lowly ranked but can never seem to ever make an impression on anyone remotely decent and I believe the trend will continue.
Winner :clap

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Igor Andreev +2.5 AH vs John Isner. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Huge loss of form for big John this year, no idea what's going on there, but he's nowhere near his level of last year. Been laughing about Andreev for a very long time because of his participation in Challenger tournaments playing with all sorts of loosers etc. He belongs at this level and I have to admit that fancy his chances here. Unless he tanks one of the sets which he loves to do very often (last match agaisnt Giraldo was a perfect example), he should be fine to cover this line. They way I see this match go is that both guys should hold comfortably and Isner for that matter having less chances on return than Andreev. Might be three sets or couple very close ones, but I think Andreev will do the right things today and will take this handicap. Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Juan Martin Del Potro. Over 22 games. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (6/10) These two played a week or so ago in Indian Wells. Potro won in two tie-breaks but it could have been more comfortable win for him or actually even three sets, becauce Kohly messed up in the 2nd set tie-break throwing it away from 6-1 lead. I don't believe that great deal would have changed in a week and predict that this match will be close as well. Potro was not that impressive (stats) against Mello and Kohly always steps it up against top players, so can expect decent performance from the German player. Overs for me in this one. Acutally in three matches they have played not a single time there was an unders. The least amount of games was 22 which was 7-6, 6-3 win for Potro in Stuttgart in 08.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Maria Sharapova -5 AH vs Petra Martic. 2.31 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Iveta Benesova +5 AH vs Flavia Pennetta. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) WIN Olivier Rochus to beat Blaz Kavcic. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Ivo Karlovic to beat Florian Mayer. 1.73 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Karlovic had a setpoint on his own serve in the 2nd set, might have taken the match if won the 2nd set. Anyway happy with the day's play :ok

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One more early for Friday and the rest coming up later (maybe)... Ayumi Morita to beat Marion Bartoli. 5.00 @ Expekt. (4/10) Can agree on what's been said about Bartoli and that she will be tired both physically and mentally as well after very tough week in Indian Wells. I think she had a chance against Wozniacki. Now she has to regroop and play Morita. Not the ideal situation and Morita has been a nightmare match-up for Marion. Bartoli has won all three matches against her but not without trouble. One of those was in 3 sets and the other two 7-6, 6-3. It has to be pointed out that last match they played was in 09 when Morita was far from the level she's in right now. I think 5.5 handicap on Morita is the best advised here. However I'll go for the big one and for those who are greedy like me and want to catch big odds, I'd suggest to take bookies who don't void bets on retirements because with Bartoli you never know...

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Horror night for me. Four words Ryan Harrison you ***hole The WTA has some genuinely interesting odds especially on the likes of Radawanska and Azarenka where you can get 1.3 or more to build nice little accumulators but seeing Li and peer crash out maybe Miami isnt the place to be.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Some good picks so far Psycho, good to see someone battering this event. Inauspicious start so far for me, going for three bets today. The first of those involved in-form Swiss star Stanislas Wawrinka, who takes on Marcel Granollers, who stung me against Benjamin Becker in R1. Granollers didn't overly impress despite the win and I think this ought to be fairly routine for Wawrinka. The Swiss beat him 6-4 6-4 on clay last year and I'd expect a similar sort of result. Wawrinka has got more weapons, more consistency and better movement and with his game improving as the season goes on, I think UNDER 20.5 GAMES is an appealing bet. I don't expect the Spaniard to cause too many problems here. Wawrinka's fit, motivated and hitting the ball well. Unders does cover the small chance of a Stan blow-out, which makes it more appealing that the -5 handicap. I'm also taking MARDY FISH -3.5 GAMES to beat Julien Benneteau. Fish has had a decent year and is pretty solid in the States. Two of his losses have come to Milos Raonic recently but Benneteau should be an easier assignment for the American. The Frenchman is still on the recovery road from injury and although he beat Daniel Gimeno-Traver in straight sets, he was vulnerable on serve and a better player would have caused far more problems. Fish is reliable in America most of the time, comes here fresh after an early defeat in Indian Wells and faces a foe with limited weapons. A fully up-to-speed Benneteau might cause more problems but at this stage, I'm happy to side with Fish on the line. My final offering for the day comes in the match between Viktor Troicki and the young Turk Marsel Ilhan. Once again I'm going to side with unders, in this case UNDER 20 GAMES. Troicki is playing the best tennis of his career and is batting away most opponents ranked beneath him with ease. He serves well and his groundies have improved massively in the last year. He has a good record in Miami - he normally makes the second week - and although Ilhan has plenty of ability, he lacks maturity and consistency within the confines of a match to really trouble top players. It's hard to see past Troicki if he continues in such a fine vein of form and I'll happily back the unders ahead of the handicap. Selections - Under 20.5 games AH (Stanislas Wawrinka vs Marcel Granollers) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle - Mardy Fish -3.5 games AH (vs Julien Benneteau) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle - Under 20 games AH (Viktor Troicki vs Marsel Ilhan) @ 1.885 with Pinnacle Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Hi guys, 2 more picks for the Miami tournament: WTA: JANKOVIC TO DEFEAT ZAKOPALOVA @1.35 pinnaclesports ATP: FERRER TO DEFEAT KUNITSYN BY 2:0 IN SETS @1.46 pinnaclesports Jankovic is playing great and it will take somebody special to defeat her. Zakopalova had no chance against her 2 weeks ago in Doha and the same should be here. Kunitsyn does not have power, serve or consistency to compete with Ferrer who is 15:3 in 2011 and has already won 2 titles.

Some good picks so far Psycho, good to see someone battering this event. Inauspicious start so far for me, going for three bets today. The first of those involved in-form Swiss star Stanislas Wawrinka, who takes on Marcel Granollers, who stung me against Benjamin Becker in R1. Granollers didn't overly impress despite the win and I think this ought to be fairly routine for Wawrinka. The Swiss beat him 6-4 6-4 on clay last year and I'd expect a similar sort of result. Wawrinka has got more weapons, more consistency and better movement and with his game improving as the season goes on, I think UNDER 20.5 GAMES is an appealing bet. I don't expect the Spaniard to cause too many problems here. Wawrinka's fit, motivated and hitting the ball well. Unders does cover the small chance of a Stan blow-out, which makes it more appealing that the -5 handicap. I'm also taking MARDY FISH -3.5 GAMES to beat Julien Benneteau. Fish has had a decent year and is pretty solid in the States. Two of his losses have come to Milos Raonic recently but Benneteau should be an easier assignment for the American. The Frenchman is still on the recovery road from injury and although he beat Daniel Gimeno-Traver in straight sets, he was vulnerable on serve and a better player would have caused far more problems. Fish is reliable in America most of the time, comes here fresh after an early defeat in Indian Wells and faces a foe with limited weapons. A fully up-to-speed Benneteau might cause more problems but at this stage, I'm happy to side with Fish on the line. My final offering for the day comes in the match between Viktor Troicki and the young Turk Marsel Ilhan. Once again I'm going to side with unders, in this case UNDER 20 GAMES. Troicki is playing the best tennis of his career and is batting away most opponents ranked beneath him with ease. He serves well and his groundies have improved massively in the last year. He has a good record in Miami - he normally makes the second week - and although Ilhan has plenty of ability, he lacks maturity and consistency within the confines of a match to really trouble top players. It's hard to see past Troicki if he continues in such a fine vein of form and I'll happily back the unders ahead of the handicap. Selections - Under 20.5 games AH (Stanislas Wawrinka vs Marcel Granollers) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle - Mardy Fish -3.5 games AH (vs Julien Benneteau) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle - Under 20 games AH (Viktor Troicki vs Marsel Ilhan) @ 1.885 with Pinnacle Good luck :ok
I must say on the mans side Troicki and Stan are the most obvious bets of this round.I have them to win 1st set and win the match. The WTA had thrown up some interesting match ups with juicy odds but the straoght loss of peer and loss by Li who is slowly pulling out of form has me jittery. I still think Azarenka,Kanepi and Radawanska are good value in a nifty accumulator

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 taking couple of dogs in round 2 WTA Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Date Krumm (JPN) vs Ivanovic (SRB) Selection: Date Krumm @Pinnacle 4,060 Taking a shot here. Ivanovic is mentally rather unstable, and having collapsed in her match with Bartoli last week after glorious wictory over Jankovic (these two ladies just can't stand each other, so imagine the emotional value of the victory), who knows in what shape Anna reappears in Miami. WTA Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Schvedova (KAZ) vs Groth (AUS) Selection: Schvedova @Pinnacle 3,080 Schvedova defending round 4 from last year in Miami. H2H is 1:1 with Schvedova winning last meeting (French Open round 4 last year). Groth lost with Sara Errani last week, Schvedova did beat the same Errani this week in round 1, so this gives kind of indirect comparison. I'd say there is no reason Jarmila should be fav over 3.00. ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Devvarman (IND) vs Raonic (CAN) Selection: Devvarman @Pinnacle 2,960 Somdev had good run in Indian Wells losing only to Nadal, while Milos lost to Harrisson (ranked 149), and is due to show some bad results after his superb streak from the start of the year. ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Lorenzi (ITA) vs Gasquet (FRA) Selection: Lorenzi @Pinnacle 10,250 Now this is a long shot based on the fact that Lorenzi's match in round 1 with Ljubicic should have boosted his confidence immensely, while Richard is a known choker and poor sport. ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Kohlschreiber (GER) vs Del Potro (ARG) Selection: Kohlschreiber @Pinnacle 4,180 Del Potro had troubles last week to grind out a victory 76 76, this week wee could see a revenge from Kohli. ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Bogomolov (USA) vs Murray (GBR) Selection: Bogomolov @Pinnacle 6,940 Going against Murray is obligatory. Andy's status is injured, and he is all over the place since AO, losing to Donald Young in IW. Kinda LiNa of ATP circuit this year. ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Kukushkin (KAZ) vs Querrey (USA) Selection: Kukushkin @Pinnacle 2,860 Sam Querrey is all about service, and once this is gone, Sam is nothing. He was a joke last week in IW, losing to Robredo 1-6 3-6. Kukushkin has shown a decent win over Nieminen in round 1. If seeded Sam repeats his horrible performace as against Robredo, this should be easy win for Kukushkin.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One more addition, for Saturday's matches... Lucie Safarova to beat Samantha Stosur. 2.62 @ Bet365 (5/10) I'm a believer in stats and in this match we see that Stosur has got a 0-3 record against Safarova. And in Sam's case it's clear indication that she has got huge match-up problems against Safarova who is a lefty which makes it even more problematic for Stosur who is only good on serve and forehand. Her backhand is terrible and Safarova will go for it. That's where usually problems start for Stosur. Safarova destroyed Schnyder in the first round and and I think she can do the same thing with Stosur as well. In 3 matches played against the Aussie Safarova has dropped just one set and that was in their first meeting on clay. On hard perfect 2-0 wins.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Psycho, 100% on Safarova....going for the handicap myself. Really think this cant be missed. Safarova +3.5 games over Stosur @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:6pts) Safarova is one of my favourite WTA players and I do think this will be a tough one for Stosur. h2h 3-0 for the Czech, I seen one match between them before and there were some issues for Stosur with Lucie's big lefty forehand going to her backhand which is well-known weakness for her....Kvitova is quite a similar tough match-up for Stosur and she leads 2-0 h2h. Stosur beat Zheng easily in rd 1 but she is nowhere hear her best as she recovers from injury and can be overpowered/no serve either. Problem for Safarova is she is so damn inconsistent, sometimes her return games are very poor and that could be an issue if Stosur is serving well.Anyway her performance against Schnyder was good, serve stats were strong and I think if she serves any way well against Stosur she can cover the line or maybe even get a win. gl!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Couple more girlie matches for me today. Sania Mirza to beat Maria Kirilenko. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Like Mirza as an underdog in this match. She had easy qualies and destroyd Parra Santonja in round one and is yet to drop a set this week. Kirilenko has been struggling with injuries and is out of form. She's only beaten this year people like Oprandi, Brianti - both crap Italians who can't play on hard, also beat Chakvetadze via retirement, so that's about it for Kiri this year. Mirza is very powerful player and can cause a lot of trouble for Masha today. Besides Sania has won both matches against Kirilenko and those were also on hard. I fancy Mirza to knock Kirilenko out today, odds are wrong and have to advantage of that. Alisa Kleybanova -3.5 AH vs Ekaterina Makarova. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) The initial handicap on most markets was four games which I did not like. Got -3.5 @ Bet365 for this one and it looks quite good. Makarova has beaten Kleybanova two times on clay which I can absolutely understand as Kleybanova can not play in the dirt. The hard courts though are totally different play ground for Alisa and I think she will enjoy fast surface today. Would not touch unders here because there can be a tie-break or a close set - first or second it does not mather, but -3.5 games should not be a problem for Alisa. She has destroyed Makarova only time they played on hard, winning 6-1, 6-2 in Seoul last year. Kleybanoba can be messy at times but most of the time she gets it done and beating Makarova is not that hard task to do.

Sport Tennis
Event Del Potro vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber
Selection Del Potro (-6.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00
Reasoning Well, the last game between these two players has ended with a very closed and tight battle as Philipp Kohlschreiber has lost 6-7 6-7 against Del Potro, a game where he had his chances. Due to this factor today we have this line game handicap, that is obviously, but the question is will every game be in the same way? Philipp Kohlschreiber is a player who many times just lacks the concentration, he is not a stable player and IMO the proability that he will be able to menatain the same level of tennis it is quite low. Del Potro is the player who is over Philipp Kohlschreiber as from the class point of view as from the stability point of view. The bookies offer this game handicap but I have to mentionate that this line is just so easy to be covered as is surley not a high line difference in games. All in all, Del Potro's stability should have the word in this one as he clear possess so many advantages against Philipp Kohlschreiber. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Sport Tennis Event del Potro v Kohlschreiber Selection Kohlschreiber Strength 10/10 Date 25/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.00 Reasoning I think Kohlschreiber is worth a try at these odds. Last week match was real close between them and 99% of the time would have gone into a 3rd set with del Potro struggling. After coming back from injury del Potro has played a lot and wouldn't surprise me if he was flat in this match and looking to the clay. Kohlschreiber is good enough to take advantage, but can be a very frustrating player. Price good enough for risk I think.

Is anyone watching Bartoli-Morita match? I have big liabilities on Morita and odds are going a bit wild on betfair. Much shorter there now than any bookies. Is there an injury?
Bartoli won the final set 6-1. When Morita held her serve in the opening game of that set the odds on her winning were down to 1.5. Thought I was going to have a heart attack as I had backed Bartoli at shorter than that for high stakes!

Makarova + 4 games AH vs Kleybanova @ 1.926 (Pinnacle:4pts) Morita +5.5 games over Bartoli @ 1.909 (Pinny:3pts) Morita to bt Bartoli @ 5.00 (Bwin:1pt)
Much better tonight with both girls covering the handicaps, Makarova won and Morita eventually lost in 3...good fight from her.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Philipp Petzschner tb. Jurgen Melzer 2.3@triobet! This one should be very interesting. Theese guys playing together in doubles, and are a good friends. Philipp playing pretty good tennis at the moment, while Jurgen is not. There are no surprises for each other, and i think the better form of Philipp should close it out today. The only thing that vories a bit that they are a good friends and there might be some fixtures, that only they could know. But the thing that Jurgen is so awfull lately leaves me no choice, than to pick it up german!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Great pick on Kohly guys, also Bogey pumped out Andy; + Granollers outlasted Stan in 1st set 6:0 ... i mean... it's huge, tennis becoming more attractive lattely, and more dogs running after the top players. The only sick man on the court with a name of Novak Djokovic ... that badd ass destroying everyone, how long he can last for that?! i want to know to bet against him :dude

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Dont forget Andujar beating Verdasco..........:rollin How does Wawrinka get bagelled by Granollers, dont think he broke him in the whole match. And Murray is truly in a slump - Bogomolov was breaking him for fun. Losing to Young and Bogomolov.......haha, Pity none of this was televised, would have been interesting to watch.