** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 This has been a bloody strange tournament so far. Some very odd results. I wonder if a lot of players have been out on the ding-dong in Miami (I'm looking at you, Ernests Gulbis). Anyway, going for two bets today. - Mardy Fish (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 2.21 with Pinnacle (5pts) I expect this to be a close match but I'm happy to side with Fish here. I quite liked the way he disposed of Benneteau in the last round and I feel he's serving well despite the slow conditions. Court pace should suit Gasquet, who is having a good year, but I talk about this every time and every time it happens - Gasquet is a serial choker. It's almost like he's scared to win matches against decent players. He's got all the shots but has the mental strength of peanut. Fish is fighter these days and normally does well in Miami. Gasquet's also one of those players I can see having a party night in Miami on a Saturday - remember, this is where he 'kissed' a girl who had taken cocaine, leading to him testing positive. All these things have to be taken into consideration. I like Gasquet's game and his backhand is delicious, but in tight moments I can see Fish pulling through. Surprised to see the odds so high - I'd have taken lower - and I'm happy to back the American to get it done here. - David Ferrer -4.5 games AH (vs Somdev Devvarman) @ 2.31 with Pinnacle (5pts) I've been very surprised by Devvarman's recent good form after a scratchy 2010. The Indian obviously has talent but has been incapable of stringing it together for any tangible period of time. Making R16 of Indian Wells and running Nadal close is good form and I respect his win over Raonic, albeit conditions don't suit the Canadian, but I think Ferrer could be a wee bit too wily for him. They met in Johannesburg last year and Ferrer banjoed him 6-1 6-3. Devvarman offers too many presents of serve and does make mistakes. Ferrer is a wall, he'll hit everything back and more, and I think that sort of player is a bad match-up for the Indian. The courts in Miami are dreadfully slow for a hard event but that suits Ferrer. He's an excellent returner and a good match-player, a man who susses out his opponent's weaknesses and preys on them. His win over Kunitsyn suggests he is back on form, and I feel he's got a good chance of taking out Devvarman fairly routinely. :hope

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4

This has been a bloody strange tournament so far. Some very odd results. I wonder if a lot of players have been out on the ding-dong in Miami (I'm looking at you, Ernests Gulbis). Anyway, going for two bets today. :hope
Good point on Gulbis. The guy is totally messed up and has admitted himself that he hates training and barely does it, but plays for fun. And the main reason for that is that he has not been raised properly. His father is a wealthy businessman and Gulbis has never had to work hard for anything - flying to tournaments on private jet etc. Talent is huge, but motivation microscopic. Besides he never plays well in the 'early' hours, like midday and early afternoon. His best time is something like 6pm and beyond that. I always say this but was counting on the fact that Berlocq doesn't play on hard. Berdych will show how to play against him, I guess.

Good point on Gulbis. The guy is totally messed up and has admitted himself that he hates training and barely does it' date=' but plays for fun. And the main reason for that is that he has not been raised properly. His father is a wealthy businessman and Gulbis has never had to work hard for anything - flying to tournaments on private jet etc. Talent is huge, but motivation microscopic. Besides he never plays well in the 'early' hours, like midday and early afternoon. His best time is something like 6pm and beyond that. I always say this but was counting on the fact that Berlocq doesn't play on hard. Berdych will show how to play against him, I guess.[/quote'] You're spot on, and I rarely back Gulbis anymore. I wanted him badly yesterday but stuck to my guns. Even still, I'd have expected him to kill Berlocq. I will be looking at the handicap closely on Berdych, although even he struggled against Ramirez-Hidalgo. Going back to Ernie, what makes it so frustrating is that he's got serious talent, we've all seen it before. It's such a waste that he chooses to act unprofessionally. The game is so strong at the moment that you can't get away with that sort of attitude. Worry not though, if he bombs on clay, where he has some points to defend, he'll scrapping about in the 250s and having to qualify for big events. Hopefully the system will find him out then.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 David Ferrer -4 AH vs Somdev Devvarman. 1.84 @ 188bet (6/10) Devvarman has been very lucky over past two weeks. Funny thing about the guy is that he had now won a Masters main draw match in his life before IW but managed to win three over there. Couple wins here as well but it has to be pointed out that opponents have not been that good. Starace can't play on hard and was here because had to be (rankings). Raonic seems to have hit the wall finally. Bare in mind he lost the 2nd set after being a break up. Could not imagine that a month ago. Well, not against Devvarman anyway. Like Ferrer's chances to destroy they Indian player here. Ferrer has got very good return game and Devvarman won be able to rely on serve because he has not got one. Baseline rallies will be dominated by the Spaniard. Unders look a good option as well but with Ferrer you never know, he tends to lose a set here or there when you least expect it. So in a three set scenario handicaps should work as well, because can't see him losing a set by more than a couple games. Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Maria Kirilenko and John Isner to beat Alex Bogomolov double. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (7/10) - Could not decide on unders or Radwanska handicap because it could be three sets here like it was when they played in Indian Wells. Kirilenko is lucky to still be here. She was set and 1-3 down against Mirza but managed to roll 11 games in a row. No idea what happened there because the match was not televised. Anyway Radwanska not so lame like Sania and definitely knows how to play Kirilenko. Has seen some of their matches and basically the thing is about playing her boring patent game and waiting for errors from her opponent. Just like another Pole Wozniacki does. Like I said, not sure about handicap (-4.5) and unders (20.5), so having just a win and will double up here. - Might be a long match but fancy Isner in this one. Bogomolov had a shock win against Murray in last round and I always keep saying this but the next match after the most huge win of his career could be a mental meltdown and Bogomolov might just not be in this one. Besides he's played a lot of tennis already this week including qualies so might just have nothing left in the tank in the end. Whether in two or three sets fancy Isner to get a win here. Juan Martin Del Potro to beat Robin Soderling. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Gonna back Del Potro here. Neither of these two has looked good this week and the worst of the two has been Soderling. In all honesty he should have been home by now if it was not for Dodigs stupidity or whatever he was up to there. Soderling does not like Miami conditions and remember his match against Berdych when he lost 2-6, 2-6. As good as Berdo is you can't expect Soda to be crushed like that. Serve was not there, his usually reliable forehand was most of the time long etc. Del Potro has got decent record against him, having won their last two matches and also has got better motivation these days. This would not be the end of the world for the Swede if lost.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One for tomorrow. Youzhny -4 games AH vs Rochus @ 1.833 (Pinny:5pts) Should be the end for Rochus here, he has played some tough matches already and looked knackered against Baghdatis yesterday.....Baghdatis was utter crap really and still should have won the match, in the end Rochus kept the ball in play and Baghy gifted the errors. Youzhny came through easily against Lu, Lu didnt turn up really...Rochus should be a bit tougher but still Youzhny should prove to be a class above and also in better shape as the match goes on and won't implode like Baghy did under the defensive slices. gl!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 I'll take two early bets for tomorrow as well ... - Mikhail Youzhny -4 games AH (vs Olivier Rochus) @ 1.826 with Pinnacle (7pts) Totally agree with IAG here and would reccommend getting on this before the line collapses. Rochus has had a really good run this far but I think this will be the end of the line for him. Two slug-fests with Kavcic and Baghdatis as well as the qualifiers will have goosed him. He's done well to beat both those opponents but Youzhny is a step-up from those players. He's also fresh and showed that he means business in tearing Lu a new arsehole when winning 6-1 6-0. Youzhny's generally got a good record in Miami and enjoys the conditions. He also has a 3-0 H2H record over the Belgian, although their last meeting was in 2007. Not convinced Rochus is the player he was back then as well, so more than happy to jump on the handicap. Can see it being a -4.5 closer to the match. - Under 19 games AH (Carlos Berlocq vs Tomas Berdych) @ 2.08 with Pinnacle (5pts) This has to be the end of the road for Berlocq. It's a complete travesty that such a limited hard court player has made it this far in a Masters series. To be fair, Sock in R1 was a gimmie and Gulbis wasn't at the races mentally, but Berdych is a man who could crush him if he wishes. The Czech got a bit of a fright when cruising against Ramirez-Hidalgo and for me, that'll make him extra wary against someone like Berlocq. The Argentine is a sparrer and doesn't have any real weapons to hurt someone of Berdych's calibre. Only danger I can see for the Czech is complacency, but I reckon he'll do the job quickly here. A 6-3 6-3 score would cover this line and that's the least I'd expect. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwańska - Maria Kirilenko
Selection Agnieszka Radwańska -4,5
Strength 1/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93
Reasoning Agnieszka Radwańska is my favorite in this match and I think that she will win after two sets. Maria Kirilenko is her friend but Agnieszka in last match against Kirilenko won one set 6-0 so it's not important for me. Agnieszka Radwańska is in great shape. She destryoed Barbora Zahlavova Strycova 6-1 6-0! So games handicap like -4,5 in pinnacle sports is very good for me! Odd is fantastic. Maria Kirilenko is in weak shape lately. In Miami, in first round she defeated Sania Mirza but after three sets. In Indian Wells she lost against Agnieszka 0-6 6-2 5-7. Agnieszka Radwańska leads 4-2 in head-to-head series and I think that she will win this match. In first match in Miami against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova she was playing great.

Sport Tennis
Event Juan Martin del Potro - Robin Soderling
Selection over 22.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83
Reasoning Juan Martin del Potro is favorite in this match but I think that Robin Soderling can win. Both players feel very good on this surface. Juan Martin del Potro leads 2-1 in head-to-head series. He won last match against Robin Soderling in London in 2009 (grass) - he won after three sets 67 63 7-6. We can see that they played two tie-breaks in one match so over 22.5 games in this match is fantastic tip for me! Odd is very good in bet365. Both players have strong, confident service and I don't many break points in this match. Juan Martin del Potro can holding serve, Robin Soderling too. I see close match with many games and propably with 3 sets. Juan Martin del Potro is really hard to break, making many free points on the serve. He is in very good shape and he can't lost many serve games.

Sport Tennis
Event Francesca Schiavone - Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Selection under 19.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72
Reasoning Francesca Schiavone is big favorite here and I think that she will destroy Lourdes Dominguez Lino in two sets. Francesca Schiavone is better one class above Lourdes Dominguez Lino in tennis skills, has better ranking. She leads 2-0 in head-to-head series. Lourdes Dominguez Lino's favourite surface is clay. They will play on hardcourt so I don't see many chances for Lourdes Dominguez Lino. Francesca Schiavone feels very good on this surface. Francesca Schiavone uses one-handed backhand. She plays fantastic in rallies and I see many break points for her. In first round she easy won against Angelique Kerber 6-4 6-4 - 20 games but I think that Angelique Kerber is better player on hardcourt than Lourdes Dominguez Lino. Francesca in this match can't lost many serve games. Spanish tennis player has weak service and I think that Schiavone will have many break points. She can win very easy so under 19.5 games is good pick in my opinion.

Sport Tennis
Event Kim Clijsters - Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez
Selection under 18.5 games
Strength 1/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.66
Reasoning Kim Clijsters is big favorite here and I see very easy win for her. Kim Clijsters is in great shape in this year. She won Australian Open without big problems won 6 matches after two sets! Only in the final she lost one set against Li Na. She has very good serve so she can't lost many serve games against Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez. She plays fantastic in rallies and I see many break points for her. He has very good forehand, backhand. In Miami she looks very nice - in first round Kim Clijsters defeated Anastasiya Yakimova very easy 6-1 6-1. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez is left-handed and she plays style serve&volley. In doubles Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez has won 14 WTA titles, she has won three WTA singles titles. I think that she is without good shape - in Indian Wells Caroline Wozniacki easy defeated Martinez Sanchez 1-6 3-6 - 16 games. Here we have under 18.5 games so I think that this pick is very good. Odd is great.

This has been a bloody strange tournament so far. Some very odd results. I wonder if a lot of players have been out on the ding-dong in Miami (I'm looking at you, Ernests Gulbis). Anyway, going for two bets today. - Mardy Fish (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 2.21 with Pinnacle (5pts) I expect this to be a close match but I'm happy to side with Fish here. I quite liked the way he disposed of Benneteau in the last round and I feel he's serving well despite the slow conditions. Court pace should suit Gasquet, who is having a good year, but I talk about this every time and every time it happens - Gasquet is a serial choker. It's almost like he's scared to win matches against decent players. He's got all the shots but has the mental strength of peanut. Fish is fighter these days and normally does well in Miami. Gasquet's also one of those players I can see having a party night in Miami on a Saturday - remember, this is where he 'kissed' a girl who had taken cocaine, leading to him testing positive. All these things have to be taken into consideration. I like Gasquet's game and his backhand is delicious, but in tight moments I can see Fish pulling through. Surprised to see the odds so high - I'd have taken lower - and I'm happy to back the American to get it done here. - David Ferrer -4.5 games AH (vs Somdev Devvarman) @ 2.31 with Pinnacle (5pts) I've been very surprised by Devvarman's recent good form after a scratchy 2010. The Indian obviously has talent but has been incapable of stringing it together for any tangible period of time. Making R16 of Indian Wells and running Nadal close is good form and I respect his win over Raonic, albeit conditions don't suit the Canadian, but I think Ferrer could be a wee bit too wily for him. They met in Johannesburg last year and Ferrer banjoed him 6-1 6-3. Devvarman offers too many presents of serve and does make mistakes. Ferrer is a wall, he'll hit everything back and more, and I think that sort of player is a bad match-up for the Indian. The courts in Miami are dreadfully slow for a hard event but that suits Ferrer. He's an excellent returner and a good match-player, a man who susses out his opponent's weaknesses and preys on them. His win over Kunitsyn suggests he is back on form, and I feel he's got a good chance of taking out Devvarman fairly routinely. :hope
Atko, any thoughts about troicki?thanks:cheers

Atko' date=' any thoughts about troicki?thanks:cheers[/quote'] Maybe a wee bit too short for my liking. On form, you'd expect him to win against Querrey, but I have a little bit of respect for the American when playing at home. He seemed to deal with Kukushkin comfortably and has beaten the Serb before. Troicki is a form player and is serving well, but it's an uncomfortable match from a betting perspective, one I'd prefer to steer clear of.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 David Ferrer to win 2-0 @1.77 betfair - 7/10 Enough has been said about Ferrer's chances against Devvarman but I just can't take the -4.5 line. Instead I'm taking Ferrer to win in straight sets as I feel it offers the best value. Hopefully he takes it 6-1, 6-2 and then everyone wins! Viktor Troicki to beat Sam Querrey @1.8 betfair - 5/10 Troicki is playing well at the moment, hitting the ball cleanly and coming through well against weaker opponents. Querrey on the other hand has been pretty bad for quite a while. He brushed past Kukushkin but even that wasn't as easy as the scoreline suggested and wins over Verdasco and Tipsarevic in IW aren't enough to make me think he's turned a corner. As has been said, Troicki will prefer the courts and I think he can upset the home crowd.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One more for now Radwanska to beat Kirilenko 2-0 @1.85 betfair - 5/10 Kirilenko has been playing badly for a while now and as Psycho said, she struggled to get past Mirza in the last round. She was bagelled by Radwanska in the opening set at IW last week before the Pole lost concentration. Don't expect that to happen today, particularly as she is looking fitter every time she comes on court. Similar to my Ferrer bet, I prefer to take the straight sets win than the handicap or unders, at similar prices. Fancy Llodra to beat Granollers and the overs in JMDP v Soderling but will think about them some more.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Have decided to take the plunge on Llodra: Michael Llodra (-2.5 games) @2.14 betfair A lot of people give Llodra a hard time but I think he's actually a decent tennis player. He rarely troubles the big boys but he can more than hold his own against those around him. Since the AO he's lost to Raonic, Tsonga, Soderling, Djokovic and Troicki. He would only really have been expected to beat Raonic and even then, the Canadian has beaten a lot of good players this year. Granollers is ranked 55th and as a rule pretty much loses to everyone that is ranked above him. He produced a big win over Wawrinka in the last round but I'm not reading too much into that, I'd actually have been more impressed if he'd won without bagelling the Swiss in the first as that to me shows it was Wawrinka that lost, rather than Granollers winning. On these courts I fancy Llodra to take this and odds against for such a small handicap is good.

Sport Tennis
Event Victor Troicki vs. Sam Querrey
Selection Troicki (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93
Reasoning Well, another game between other two players which are very closed to each other's level. Viktor Troicki will play against the american Sam Querrey, both players possess a strong serve and can hit nice and powerful groundstrokes, but if we look more detailed at the difference in class between these two players I will say that still Viktor Troicki is clear the better player than Sam Querrey as he moves better on the court, he possess a better backhand and also bettwen deffensive skills. Sam is the guy who depend a lot of his serve and if the day is not too lucky for his serve than he obviously will always have some serious problems. Sam is rated with very equal odds against Viktor Troicki because he is playing at home, but I will say that class is a more important factor than the home advantage. All in all, Viktor Troicki is just the better player, a more complete player and as long as there are no any advantages or disadvantages for any player we should go on Viktor Troicki's side. Godd Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling vs. Del Potro
Selection Del Potro (-4.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.00
Reasoning Well, since Miami Robin Soderling didn't looked to play his best tennis, he didn't looked to haev the same stability in his game as he has already three difficult games in row. In the last game for Robin Soderling and here I mean the game from Indian Wells against Ivan Dodig, well Robin didn't impressed too much as he has lost one set and could lose the game at the end as he was losing by one break difference in the third set. Today Robin Soderling will play against a really difficult oppoennt, Juan Martin Del Potro, a player that can be a very very difficult task for any top player in the world. Speaking about the difference in class between these two players I would like to mentionate that Del Potro is just the better player, he is a more complete player and also he is more stronger mentally than Robin Soderling. Both players are playing a very similar style of tennis, but it is Del Potro who should have the word in the most of the rallies as he is just a more talented guy than Robin who didn't looked to in his best form rcently too. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Andrea Petkovic - Caroline Wozniacki
Selection Andrea Petkovic
Strength 4/10
Date 28/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 6.39
Reasoning Fourth round in Miami and Andrea Petkovic will play against Caroline Wozniacki. Caroline Wozniacki is the top seed at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. In first round she defeated Bethanie Mattek-Sands. First set she won very easy 6-2, in second she had problems but won 7-5. After this match Wozniacki will play against Daniela Hantuchova - in my opinion better player on hardcourt than Bethanie Mattek Sands. Caroline again won first set very easy (6-1) but in second she had big problems but won after tie-break. Caroline Wozniacki very rare plays tie-breaks so I think that she is without big shape. Andrea Petkovic is very young, talented player and she can beat Caroline. At the beginning of the year she was playing fantastic - she reached to the final in Brisbane (defeated for example Marion Bartoli, Jelena Dokic). Next she was playing very good in Australian Open (quarterfinal, she defeated great players like Maria Sharapova). In last match Petkovic defeated Iveta Benesova. Iveta won only 3 games! Andrea looks here very good and propably she will win.

Sport Tennis
Event Shuai Peng - Alexandra Dulgheru
Selection Shuai Peng -1,5 (set handicap) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.80
Reasoning Fourth round in Miami. Shuai Peng will play against Alexandra Dulgheru. Shuai Peng is a dangerous player, known for her stamina and fighting spirit. She has defeated many top 10 and top 5 players like Dinara Safina, Kim Clijsters, Franscesca Schavione, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic, Agnieszka Radwańska, Li Na. She favors hard courts. Shuai plays with two hands on both sides. Shuai Peng plays fantastic in rallies, she hits very flat. Alexandra Dulgheru is playing poorly lately - in Australian Open lost in first round against young, weak player Ayumi Morita, in Dubai lost in second round against Shahar Peer, in Doha and Indian Wells she lost in first round so she is without big shape. I thinkt that Shuai Peng will wil without big problems. I recommend this tip.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One more for lower stakes. (2/10) D.Cibulkova (-2.5) to bt. V.Azarenka @ 3.20 at Paddy Power Not sure Azarenka will be up for this. She had some problems lately and she lost a set to Lucie Hradecka in the last round, which is worrying in my opinion. Cibulkova is two levels above Hradecka and she usually has the game to play against better players. Price looks too tasty.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Olivier Rochus vs Mikhail Youzhny. Under 21.5 games. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Rochus riding his luck big time. He should have lost to Baghdatis in the previous round but the Cypriot handed the match on the plate to Rochus. Tons of unforced errors, especially from the backhand wing. Considering that Rochus can't serve and was very exhausted it was unbelievable Baggy did not want to win. Lame things happen sometimes on tennis court. Gonna say it again and this time I believe that this really is the end of the road for Rochus. He will be even more so tired and baseline rallies will be ok for Youzhny who definitely won't make as many unforced errors as Baghdatis did. I can see this match end very quickly. Youzhny dropped just one game in his last match against Lu and Lu is kinda similar to Rochus only can serve just a little bit better. After playing four matches already this week and last three of those being long three setters, Rochus will be done today. H2H is 4-1 in favor of the Russian. Rochus got his only win in 2000 French Open qualies. They have played on hard only once and Youzhny won easily 3 and 1 in Dubai 2006. Late on handicaps because odds are so low that there's no point taking them, so having unders which on paper look good, too.

Have decided to take the plunge on Llodra: Michael Llodra (-2.5 games) @2.14 betfair A lot of people give Llodra a hard time but I think he's actually a decent tennis player. He rarely troubles the big boys but he can more than hold his own against those around him. Since the AO he's lost to Raonic, Tsonga, Soderling, Djokovic and Troicki. He would only really have been expected to beat Raonic and even then, the Canadian has beaten a lot of good players this year. Granollers is ranked 55th and as a rule pretty much loses to everyone that is ranked above him. He produced a big win over Wawrinka in the last round but I'm not reading too much into that, I'd actually have been more impressed if he'd won without bagelling the Swiss in the first as that to me shows it was Wawrinka that lost, rather than Granollers winning. On these courts I fancy Llodra to take this and odds against for such a small handicap is good.
Glad he got beat at the end. Embarrassing game when serving for the match. Wasn't even serve and volley was just serve and charge at the net like a hyperactive kid chasing an ice cream van. Some very, very poor/odd tennis being played at crucial moments in this tournament.

- Mardy Fish (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 2.21 with Pinnacle (5pts) WIN - David Ferrer -4.5 games AH (vs Somdev Devvarman) @ 2.31 with Pinnacle (5pts) WIN
This puts a more respectable slant on things after an erratic few days.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Basically a break-even day for me yesterday. Lots of bets today, hopefully it works out. (6/10) M.Youzhny/O.Rochus - Under 21.5 games @ 1.81 at Pinnacle Cannot believe the price has not dropped. This will be a gift more often than not and the class difference between the players is really huge. Even without the fatigue factor, this should be an easy victory for Youzhny. And with it, it can be a walk-over. (4/10) N.Almagro to bt. F.Mayer @ 1.71 at Pinnacle H2H is 3-0, so I guess the main factor for these odds is his struggle against Gil last round. We all know he sometimes have these dips in form, but he can recover well in my opinion and Mayer is not a great player in all honesty. Almagro knows what works against him and should take the win here. (4/10) A.Dolgopolov (-2) to bt. J.W.Tsonga @ 1.81 at Pinnacle Dolgopolov is the better player right now and should beat Tsonga like he did in the Australian Open. What was the match against Gabashvili about? Almost struggled to close it out and that is poor. Dolgopolov for me all day really and the handicap is really small. (4/10) M.Sharapova to bt. S.Stosur @ 1.70 at Pinnacle 6-0 H2H stat and Stosur is not in a great form at the moment, so I do not get the odds here. Sharapova generally solid at the moment and I think she can take the win here, Stosur's win against Safarova is not a great achievement at all, as the Czech tanked the first set and still got to a TB in the second.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 David Ferrer to win 2-0 @1.77 betfair - 7/10 WIN Viktor Troicki to beat Sam Querrey @1.8 betfair - 5/10 WIN Radwanska to beat Kirilenko 2-0 @1.85 Betfair - 5/10 WIN Michael Llodra (-2.5 games) @2.14 Betfair LOSS Not sure about my day. Can't work out whether to be annoyed with myself for the last minute adding of Llodra or to be annoyed at him for such a bad game when serving for the match! Pleased with making the right calls on Troicki and Radwanska. Far too often I'd have taken handicaps/unders on those games and been stung. Congratulations to Atko - 2 brave picks that worked out very well (although Ferrer tried his best to lose the handicap!)

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Hi guys, 1 more pick for the Miami tournament: WTA: WOZNIACKI TO DEFEAT PETKOVIC BY 2:0 IN SETS @1.5 pinnaclesports Should be similar to Wozniacki-Sharapova from last week. Great match-up for Wozniacki - Petkovic has aggressive but one-dimensional game and will surely make too many unforced errors.