** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Very difficult matches in Miami's ATP-QF. I think I will lay Djokovic and that's all, Anderson is serving well up to now and Djoko did not impress against Troicki. Prob a bet on Fish is also an idea, but I personally think that Ferrer will win. I 'll think about this one.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 I agree that the ATP quarter-finals are quite tricky to call, and unless the markets fluctuate significantly, I'll be taking this sole bet for the round. - Rafael Nadal -4.5 games (vs Tomas Berdych) @ 1.87 with Unibet I said I'd be looking to oppose Berdych after yesterday's match with Florian Mayer and I've not changed my mind. -4.5 games seems decent enough to me when you consider how well Nadal is playing. He's knifed his way through the draw and has been exceptionally solid on serve. I think I'm right in saying he's yet to be broken. He's obviously worked on his serve since the Indian Wells final and looks very comfortable on the slower hard courts here. He's got a 9-3 H2H record with Berdych but recent has won the last eight encounters. Most of them have been close enough affairs but the Berdych I've watched this week doesn't look quite right. His serving, especially his second serve, has been brutal, and he's sitting very deep, allowing players to attack him. I think he's struggling under the burden of defending so many ranking points in Miami. Mayer really could have beaten him and Carlos Berlocq and Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo, two very average hard courts players, have made headway against him. You need to be at your best to compete with Nadal when in this form. Berdych isn't there for me at the moment, and I've not seen enough to convince me that he's about to turn it on. I can see him wilting if Nadal gets a grip on this match. -4.5 in definitely within Nadal's range, and I'm confident he can achieve it. :hope

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Ok people I am new to this site (fantastic btw:clap) but not new to tennis betting,I am not so sure of the protocol but here are my selections for the next day or two. All selections are with BOYLESPORTS. Djokovic /Anderson over 18.5 games@ 20/23. STRENGTH 5PTS Cannot believe the price here Anderson is very difficult to break and although Djoko is the dogs unmentionables in terms of form I dont think he will find it plain sailing here,bound to be a tiebreak IMO,so it looks a steal. and following on from this.... Anderson +1.5 sets @19/5. STRENGTH 1 PT. Its just possible folks and the price is to big Simon/Federer over 19.5 @4/6 STRENGTH 3PTS Fed always has trouble with Simon who plays a similar though vastly inferior style to Rafa,again can see this goin the distance. Thats it for now if I have broken some posting rules just let me know, GOOD LUCK!!:clap

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Welcome to PL mate :ok Great first post, don't worry you've not broken any rules at all! Brave man going against Nole but Anderson is playing well and beat him here a few years ago. Hope he does it for you and hope to see more posts.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwanska - Vera Zvonareva
Selection Agnieszka Radwanska
Strength 10/10
Date 30/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.43
Reasoning Vera Zvonareva is favorite in this match but not for me. In my opinion Agnieszka Radwańska should be a favorite in this match. Agnieszka in Miami shows fantastic tennis skills. In first match she defeated Barbora Zahlavova Strycova 6-1 6-0! In second she won against Maria Kirilenko 7-6(2) 6-3. Agnieszka in last match defeated very easy Francesca Schiavone - Top Player! Francesca Schiavone won only 2 games! Agnieszka was serving very good: 1st Serve Points Won 63% (20 of 32) 2nd Serve Points Won 69% (11 of 16) Vera Zvonareva had big problems in match against Marion Bartoli. Marion won first set but Vera won second and third. Zvonareva was serving very poorly: 1st Serve Points Won 57% (28 of 49) 2nd Serve Points Won 36% (12 of 33) We can see that her second service looks very weakly. Marion Bartoli had 13 break points! Agnieszka Radwańska looks fantastic in Miami - she is in very good shape. In my opinion Vera is without big shape so I think that she will lost. Odd is great in bwin!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Radwanska to beat Zvonareva @2.34 betfair Not too much to add to the above post on this match. Radwanska has been playing very well here and the slower courts really help her game. She looks fitter and better mentally than she used to. Zvonareva has been poor here and has had to grind out wins. I think she was lucky that Bartoli ran out of steam in the last round and although Radwanska isn't someone that can always be relied upon to hold a lead, I think she could today. 4.0 isn't bad for a straight sets win but I've already taken the straight win and not sure I want to double bet on any WTA match ever.

I might take the following bet but i would like to hear how do you see it guys... any thoughts on Andersson +6 handicap?
Very difficult to go against Djokovic in any sort of form. He's seeing and hitting everything so well and I wouldn't put it past him to dismantle Anderson too. He'll kill Kev in rallies, your bet would depend on him serving out of a tree, I'm talking 65-70% first serve percentage. He beat him a few years back but Nole was in a big rut then. I wouldn't rush to take Djokovic on the minus but with the way he's playing, I certainly wouldn't back the plus. All about opinions though. Good luck if you play.

Sport Tennis
Event Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes. vs. Michael Llodra/Nenad Zimonjic
Selection Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes
Strength 10/10
Date 30/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.50
Reasoning Well, these two teams have already played recently one time against each other, that happened at Australian Open recently and the results at the end was 6-4 6-4 for Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes. Now, Michael Llodra/Nenad Zimonjic are again favourites despite they still haven't proved and showed nothing impressive, nothing special. Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic are two players that can play great tennis in doubles and there are no doubts about that, but as a team they still coudln't get that high level and play at their real potential. Dobules tennis depends a lot of how well two players work as a team and not as a individual player. Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes have much more experience as they have played much more time together, that is a very important factor. Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes have showed some stable tennis recently, they defeated E. Butorac/J. Rojer quite easy and played not so easy against M. Lopez/D. Marrero but have to mentionate that this team have been in a very good form here at Miami.All in all, Michael Llodra/Nenad Zimonjic still haven't proved some special tennis and IMO they are quite overrated in this one. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer vs. Mardy Fish
Selection Ferrer (-4.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.00
Reasoning Well, David Ferrer is playing some great tennis these days, he is clear playing on his best level certain here at Miami. Today David Ferrer will play against the american Mardy Fish who has produced the big surprise of the tournament to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro. MArdy Fish is a player who is playing much better at the american tournaments than out of his country, so he surely should have advantage from this point of view. Besides Mardy Fish's advantage of playing there are other aspects in a game which IMO are much more important, here I mean nothing else than the pure class difference between the players. David Ferrer is clear a better player than Fish and playing at Miami where the sruface is quite slow he should have some essential advantages as he is one of the best defenders on the tour. Fish is also a very good defender, but beating David Ferrer's great defence should be very very difficult for him as Fish is not the player who possess a strong and powerful, flat shot like Soderling for example or Del Potro. Ferrer should be able to cope with Fish's style. Good Luck!

Radwanska to beat Zvonareva @2.34 betfair Not too much to add to the above post on this match. Radwanska has been playing very well here and the slower courts really help her game. She looks fitter and better mentally than she used to. Zvonareva has been poor here and has had to grind out wins. I think she was lucky that Bartoli ran out of steam in the last round and although Radwanska isn't someone that can always be relied upon to hold a lead, I think she could today. 4.0 isn't bad for a straight sets win but I've already taken the straight win and not sure I want to double bet on any WTA match ever.
Loss. Radwanska seized up and couldn't force anything from Zvonareva. 5 winners all game isn't good enough and the fact that she doesn't have a shot or play that can get her out of a tough spot is a huge problem. Zvonareva took 5/7 break points, which is crazy bad from Radwanska.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 the matchs starts in a couple of minutes so I am writing this in a hurry Fish to bt Ferrer @2.97 Pinnacle When we look at the Ferer's opponents in this tournament, we see nothing special: Kunitsin,Devvarman,Granollers. All had troubles with serve and Ferrer easily cruised. When we look at Fish's line, we see Benneteau,Gasquet and Del Potro. Except Benneteau - all top world class. Fish plays at home, and the weather is slightly windy, which should eliminate a portion of Ferrer's offensive power. I'd say that at odds around 3, this is a must go.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Ferrer (-2.5 games) @1.85 betfair Think the 2.5 game line is far too low here. Ferrer's the better player and has been improving as he goes along in Miami. I'm not sure if he'll be able to do it in straight sets but I think he can definitely get more breaks than Fish, who must be knackered after 2 tough afternoon games.

Sport Tennis
Event Kevin Anderson - Novak Djokovic
Selection Kevin Anderson
Strength 3/10
Date 31/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 17.00
Reasoning Novak Djokovic is favorite in this match - ok - he should be a favorite in this match but odd like 1,05 is not serious in my opinion! I think that Kevin Anderson can win this match. He leads 1-0 in head-to-head series! Yes, he defeated Novak Djokovic! Where? In Miami, in 2008! He won 7-6(1) 3-6 6-4. Kevin Anderson has powerfull service and he is really hard to break! Anderson can holding serve without many problems and waiting for rivals's bad moments on the serve. In my opinion he can't lost many serve games. Novak Djokovic is great player, he in in fantastic shape but he feels tired. Yesterday he played against Victor Troicki. Troicki had 2 break points so Kevin Anderson can break his serve. On other hand he can win after two tie-breaks. Kevin Anderson looks here fantastic, he has powerfull serve and in my opinion he can win. Motivation must be high! Odd is great!

Ferrer (-2.5 games) @1.85 betfair Think the 2.5 game line is far too low here. Ferrer's the better player and has been improving as he goes along in Miami. I'm not sure if he'll be able to do it in straight sets but I think he can definitely get more breaks than Fish, who must be knackered after 2 tough afternoon games.
Loss. Ferrer didn't show up. That's 0/2 for me today :sad

the matchs starts in a couple of minutes so I am writing this in a hurry Fish to bt Ferrer @2.97 Pinnacle When we look at the Ferer's opponents in this tournament, we see nothing special: Kunitsin,Devvarman,Granollers. All had troubles with serve and Ferrer easily cruised. When we look at Fish's line, we see Benneteau,Gasquet and Del Potro. Except Benneteau - all top world class. Fish plays at home, and the weather is slightly windy, which should eliminate a portion of Ferrer's offensive power. I'd say that at odds around 3, this is a must go. WIN
Good perfomance from Fish. :clap

the matchs starts in a couple of minutes so I am writing this in a hurry Fish to bt Ferrer @2.97 Pinnacle When we look at the Ferer's opponents in this tournament, we see nothing special: Kunitsin,Devvarman,Granollers. All had troubles with serve and Ferrer easily cruised. When we look at Fish's line, we see Benneteau,Gasquet and Del Potro. Except Benneteau - all top world class. Fish plays at home, and the weather is slightly windy, which should eliminate a portion of Ferrer's offensive power. I'd say that at odds around 3, this is a must go.
Top shout mate :clap

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer - Gilles Simon
Selection Gilles Simon
Strength 10/10
Date 31/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 5.00
Reasoning Roger Federer maybe should be a favorite in this match but odd like 1,19 is not serious. In my opinion Gilles Simon can win this match. Motivation must be high - he plays against great player. He likes play against Roger. Gilles Simon leads 2-1 in head-to-head series! He defeated Roger in Toronto in 2008 2-6 7-5 6-4 (hardcourt), next in Shanghai in 2008 too 4-6 6-4 6-3 (and on hardcourt too!). Last match they played in Australian Open in this year and Roger won but after five sets! Both players feel very good on this surface. Gilles Simon looks here really good - won three matches against good opponents like Janko Tipsarevic (Janko is in great shape lately). Simon has great 1st serve and I think that he has many chances in this match. If he wins he will play against propably Rafael Nadal. In my opinion Gilles has patent for Roger and he plays very good against him. Odd is very good and I see value in this option!

Sport Tennis
Event Petkovic Andrea - Sharapova Maria
Selection Petkovic Andrea -1,5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 31/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 3.00
Reasoning I like this match, the odd is great for 2-0, for me Andrea is a nice surprise, after wining two underdog matches with Wosniaki and Jankovici, both 2-1 but she played a great tennis, on the other side I watch the Maria match with Dulgheru (being romanian I was on Dulgheru side) she's not in best shape and I don't give her any chance here, she was lucky at both tiebreak with Dulgheru but now face a more danger opponent so I go for a 2-0 short and fast like R16 at Australian Open where was 6-2 6-3 for Andrea. Good luck!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Quickly, because the match is starting Andrea Petkovic to beat Maria Sharapova 4/5 betfred I've lost a lot of value I think but a winning bet is a winning bet and I can't see Sharapova beating Petkovic. The Russian looked tired against Dulgheru and was lucky to beat her, with her two sets coming through tie-breaks. Sharapova is on her way back to the top but she makes too many errors (double faults particularly) and I think she'll get punished today

Sport Tennis
Event Jurgen Melzer/Philipp Petzschner vs. Max Mirnyi/Daniel Nestor
Selection Max Mirnyi/Daniel Nestor
Strength 10/10
Date 31/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.83
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a game where quality should have the word, no doubts about that as both teams can play double tennis on a really high level. Max Mirnyi/Daniel Nestor have been the team that did looked better from the form point of view as they have been more confident in their wins while their today's opponent team didn't showed and didn't proved the same stability here at Miami. Jurgen Melzer/Philipp Petzschner had serious problems in their last two games and it is obviously that playing another game against a much better team like today's once, their lack of stability could cost the the victory. All in all, Jurgen Melzer/Philipp Petzschner hasve played already two decisive tiebreaks, so they have been lucky but I doubt that their luck will continue too much. Good Luck!

Quickly, because the match is starting Andrea Petkovic to beat Maria Sharapova 4/5 betfred I've lost a lot of value I think but a winning bet is a winning bet and I can't see Sharapova beating Petkovic. The Russian looked tired against Dulgheru and was lucky to beat her, with her two sets coming through tie-breaks. Sharapova is on her way back to the top but she makes too many errors (double faults particularly) and I think she'll get punished today
Pathetic from Petkovic after being in control. I reckon I could have won more games in the last two sets than she did :loon

Have nothing more to add to the above post, which pretty much was exactly what I was going to write. They've struggled to wins and don't look good enough to beat Mirnyi and Nestor, who have cruised it so far in Miami. Mirnyi/Nestor to beat Melzer/Petszchner @1.83 paddy power
Good to get a win after some poor calls. :unsure

Pathetic from Petkovic after being in control. I reckon I could have won more games in the last two sets than she did :loon
Couldn't have said it better! I'm so bummed, was so sure she could take on Maria. After playing so well the whole tournament, she just wilted in the second and third sets :wall 0-1 for me :cry