** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Starting off with a WTA double and see how it goes from there. Maria Sharapova 2bt Samantha Stosur x Shuai Peng 2bt Alexandra Dulgheru. 2.08 @ Pinnacle (6/10) - Was expecting Sam to lose in the previous round but Safarova was not up to the task. Sharapova has to be, she is a bit more solid and despite averaging double digits in double fault count, should be good to compensate that with her overall game which definitely is better than that of Stosur. Sharapova leads H2H series 6-0 and I'd be really surprised if she did not win today. - Peng in devastating form and only behind Wozniacki in wins count for the season. Shuai is yet to drop a set in Miami and despite her opponents not being that great she still has beaten people like Kuznetsova so looks good once again. As for Dulgheru she should be delighted with couple wins and can go now and prepare for clay season which is her main motivation as usual. They haven't played before but I don't think that will be a problem. Peng surely can out-power the Romanian player and get another W.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Sport Tennis
Event Janjo Tipsarevic vs. Philipp Petzschner
Selection Tipsarevic (-4.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20
Reasoning Well, I have written in my last preview about Philipp Petzschner that he is without any ddoubts a very overrated player at the moment, no doubts about that. Philipp Petzschner defeated Jurgen Melzer in his last game from Mimai, but have to mentionate that Melzer has played with a very increased number of unforced errors. Now Philipp Petzschner will play against a player who is in a very good form at the moment and it is about Janko Tipsarevic. Tipsarevic didn't played his best tennis since a quite long period, but certain here at Mimai he is playing some nice tennis. Tipsarevic is clear a much better player than Philipp Petzschner who is a limited player in his qualities. Philipp Petzschner possess a nice serve and nice touches at the net, but besides that he can't compete by other qualities against a player like Janko Tipsarevic. All in all, it is time for Philipp Petzschner now as he has been overrated so much in the last period. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 One for me so far: Youzhny v Rochus under 20.5 games @2.06 betfair - 10pts Rochus has played a huge amount of tennis recently and looked dead on his feet against Baghdatis, with the Cypriot simply refusing to win the game with an horrendous 61 unforced errors. Youzhny's movement is so much better than Baghdatis' and he is far more consistent. I think the courts here are very nice for him as they are nice and slow with a lot of bounce. He destroyed Lu 6-1, 6-0 in his first match here and while it might not be as conclusive today, I think he should at least be able to go 6-4, 6-4. Odds on unders are also far better than straight sets and handicaps, so I'm willing to play them.

Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Francesa Schiavone
Selection Radwanska (-5.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.75
Reasoning Well, Francesca Schiavone has played two games so far here at Mimai and have to mentionate that in both of her games she didn't looked too well. Francesca Schiavone has played with a quite increased number of errors in her games against Kerber and Dominguez-Lino and I think that she could have some serious problems against a player from another level, against Agnieszka Radwanska who did looked much better in her games from Mimi than the italian player. Agnieszka Radwanska is a great defender and playing agaist her it is always so tough as you have to be at your best 100% if you want to get something from the game. From the class point of view there is no serious difference between these two players but certain now I will say that Agnieszka Radwanska should have an advantage in form. Radwanska never managed to win against Schiavone, but these are just stats as all the games between these two players have been really tough ones. All in all, better form should have the word for Agnieszka Radwanska here. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Vera Zvonareva vs. Marion Bartoli
Selection Zvonareva (-3) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.02
Reasoning Well, a game between two great players as both are on the top of WTA rating. Vera Zvonareva is at the moment on the third position while Marion Bartoli is on the 10'th position. If to analyse these two players from by their actual places in the WTA rating I will say that their positions reflect the true. Zvonareva is a better player than Marion Bartoli who comes after a grea tournament at Indian Wells, the reason for shy she is rated quite closed I will say against Vera Zvonareva. Bartoli is in a good form at the moment and there are no doubts about that, Vera Zvonareva is in a good form too, so both players are in a nice form in this tourament and from the form point of view there are no meningful advangaes or disadvantages. The single meaningful difference here between Bartoli and Zvonareva is purely the class difference and thats all, Zvonareva is just a more talented player with a better attack than Bartoli and also with a better defence. Of course that the game would not be a easy one, but Zvonareva should have the game in control as pass this small line. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Vera Zvonareva -2.5 AH vs Marion Bartoli. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) We've been talking about Bartoli getting tired and that being the main reason for her going at some stage of this tournament. Makarova could do nothing about her, Zvonareva will be, I guess. She has beaten Bartoli 8 times out of 10 and has got all the tools that are needed to get rid of Marion. The main thing here is that Zvonareva can live with Bartoli on the baseline ball bashing and will also go for cross court shots. Bartoli most of the time struggles on covering cross court shots and I fully expect Vera to win this one and also take this handicap which is not that big. Roger Federer vs Juan Monaco. Over 19 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Fancy Monaco to keep this match close. Federer far from his best tennis this year and I would not read much in 6-3, 6-3 result against Stepanek. Monaco has got much more to offer and has got very good return game and has taken a set from Federer in their only meeting which was four years ago on Hamburg clay. 19 games is a bit shoort here and 6-4, 6-3 is the least Monaco will get today.

It's not only that. He really does not want to play' date=' not even trying and that is the worst part of that horror show.[/quote'] Yes, I keep getting stung at this tournament by players who just give up in matches - Baghdatis, Llodra and now Youzhny. :wall

Yes' date=' I keep getting stung at this tournament by players who just give up in matches - Baghdatis, Llodra and now Youzhny. :wall[/quote'] Don't be surprised to see Youzhny starting to play again and win the 3rd set comfortably. That's how you f... matches

Wozniacki played one of the worst matches of her life there, way too many errors. She must be knackered after the last few weeks.
Of course, she had too many errors because Petkovic has got power and Wozzi always struggles against big hitters (like Kim & Zvonareva) and her boring defensive game did not work obviously. No surprises there at all and it has nothing to do with playing much tennis. She has to change her style of play if she wants to beat these kind of players and win a Slam some day.

Sport Tennis
Event Kim Clijsters - Ana Ivanovic
Selection Ana Ivanovic
Strength 1/10
Date 29/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 3.75
Reasoning Fourth round and I see big value here. Kim Clijsters is favorite in this match but Ana Ivanovic can beat her. She can play fantastic - for example like in Indian Wells against Jelena Jankovic - she defeated Jelena very easy 6-4 6-2. Kim Clijsters is favorite but she looks here very poorly. I was watched her yesterday (she played against Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez. I thought that she is in very good shape but she was playing bad. Kim Clijsters was making many unforced errors. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez won second set - for example in Indian Wells she lost against Caroline Wozniacki 1-6 3-6. Yesterday Kim Clijsters had big problems. As I said Ana Ivanovic can play fantastic in rallies - she has great service, powerfull forehand, backhand. Kim Clijsters leads 3-0 in head-to-head series but it's not important for me. Kim Clijsters looks here bad and odd like 1,34 is not serious. In my opinion Ana Ivanovic will win - maybe after two sets.

Sport Tennis
Event John Isner - Kevin Anderson
Selection Kevin Anderson
Strength 1/10
Date 29/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.43
Reasoning In my opinion Kevin Anderson should be a favorite in this match. John Isner leads 3-a in head-to-head series but in my opinion he is without big shape. First match he won against Igor Andreev after big problems - they played three sets and John Isner won agter tie-break in third set. John Isner has powerfull service but Kevin Anderson too. John Isner plays weakly in rallies - Kevin Anderson plays better. He has better backhand. Both players feel very good on this surface. John Isner for me is in worse shape than Kevin Anderson. Ok - motivation must be high before this match - playing at home, friends are supporters but I don't see many chances in rallies for him. Kevin Anderson is really hard to break. He can holding serve without big problems, making many free points on the serve. In my opinion he can't lost many serve games. Odd in pinnacle sports is fantastic!

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Todays result had everything to do with playing too much tennis if you ask me, not like Petkovic was hitting through her on these Miami clay courts or forcing her into errors with huge hitting...Caroline was dumping simple shots into the net or wide alot of the time. Petkovic did nothing special really, nothing like Kim who can defend as well and hit with more power and same with Zvonareva. Wozniacki's forehand sprayed more errors than I've ever seen and still she had more break chances and won only 2 points less than Petkovic in the whole match. If Woz came into this fresh she would have covered a 5,6 or 7 game handicap.Petkovic would have shit her pants if Woz had kept one or two balls in play when she served for the match....serial choker that girl. Wouldnt class todays match alongside her struggles vs Vera, Kim and other matches where she got blasted off the court like Kvitova last year. It was a horrible match from both players. But I agree with everything you say regarding her style in slams and vs the really top players.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Ridicoulus from Youzhny. I've lost more money on Youzhny then any other player without close competition. I seem to make a play on him one round to late. Can't imagine what it's like to be his trainer. //

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 From a watching perspective this has been one of the worst events I've seen in ages, at least out of the top events. I still like Youzhny though. Looked like he didnt give a toss in the second set, and then it looked like he may actually get back level with a few break chances at 5-3 but then he played like an idiot from there on in. I enjoyed Delpo whupping Soderlings ass though, not a great match but nice to see Soderling get a beatdown.

- Mikhail Youzhny -4 games AH (vs Olivier Rochus) @ 1.826 with Pinnacle (7pts) LOSS - Under 19 games AH (Carlos Berlocq vs Tomas Berdych) @ 2.08 with Pinnacle (5pts) LOSS
Chalked up two really galling losses there. Youzhny ... incredible really. Can't fathom how he went from cruising the first set to losing the match. Mentally fragile chap is the Russian, need to pick your moments with him. Berdych looks a little weary to me. Berlocq played well but something's not right with big Tam. This is a nasty tournament for the punter.

Unreal stuff from Youzhny............:lol Couldnt see that coming after he dominated the first set. I'd blacklist him but the backhand is too nice! Losing to Rochus though..........:unsure...no serve or power.
my opinion is that he fixed the match have a look on the amounts that backed him in prices from 1,06 - 1,03 in betfair after he won the 1rst set everybody should blacklist him personal opinion