Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4

Dont forget Andujar beating Verdasco..........:rollin How does Wawrinka get bagelled by Granollers, dont think he broke him in the whole match. And Murray is truly in a slump - Bogomolov was breaking him for fun. Losing to Young and Bogomolov.......haha, Pity none of this was televised, would have been interesting to watch.
oh yeah, Fernando was somewhere around 1.05 ... :loon Can be today something like yesterdays games? :) I think that Almagro will have problems today, because he's big looser too, playing like WTA girls. the only problem that i don't know much about Gil; Gulbis a talented player with no brains in his head and he's around 1.15 ... unbelievable Interesting to see how Rafa will come in today, Kei is a good player and found his momentum right now, definetly wont lose like a girl and he's +6 in my bookies.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selections - Under 20.5 games AH (Stanislas Wawrinka vs Marcel Granollers) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle LOSS - Mardy Fish -3.5 games AH (vs Julien Benneteau) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle WIN - Under 20 games AH (Viktor Troicki vs Marsel Ilhan) @ 1.885 with Pinnacle WIN
Seems like a pretty good day all round for everyone here. Murray lost to Bogomolov :eek which kills my outright, but I can live with that.

Sport Tennis
Event Feliciano Lopez - Juan Ignacio Chela
Selection Feliciano Lopez
Strength 10/10
Date 26/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.85
Reasoning Second round in Miami and I see very good pick! Feliciano Lopez is left-handed, he uses a single-handed backhand so he'is a very dangerous player on hardcourt. Feliciano Lopez plays style serve&volley. He has powerfull service and it's great style for him. His first serve look very good and in my opinion Juan Ignacio Chela will not have many break points. I'm sure that Feliciano Lopez feels better on this surface than his opponent. Juan Ignacio Chela is clay-courter and his favourite surface is clay - he has won 6 ATP Tour titles - all on clay so he plays better on claycourt. I can't imagine this guy in the next round. I give more chances Feliciano Lopez. Feliciano Lopez is really hard to break, he making many free points on the serve.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 I think I'll play four bets today. Alexandr Dolgopolov takes on Andreas Seppi and I think this is a good chance for the Ukrainian to progress into R3. Seppi is quite a consistent player who likes to be parked at the back of the court. I don't think he'll enjoy Dolgopolov's variation and style. Dolgopolov beat the Italian last year on clay 6-3 6-4 and should like the slower conditions here. Seppi has ability but all too often goes missing in crucial moments. I think the handicap is the way to go here and I'm happy to take ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV -4 GAMES in a match he should win straightfowardly enough. I saw someone mention they reckon Nicolas Almagro might have trouble against Frederico Gil, but I'm going to rail against that and take the UNDER 21 GAMES in that match. Gil's very lucky to still be in this event - against Paul Capdeville, the Chilean wasted match points and should have won it. Gil's essentially a clay courter, and although this surface should suit him, I think it'll suit Almagro too. The slower the better for Almagro, who has the serve to take him through any tough moments against Gil. Happy to back the unders here. Almagro went to Indian Wells tired but he's performed well in Miami in the past (quarters last year) and should dispose of the Portuguese comfortably. Marin Cilic makes his first appearance of the tournament against Janko Tipsarevic and I fancy the Croat to progress. The stats don't read too well for Tipsarevic - he's lost five times to Cilic in all their meetings. The last two have been straight-sets wins, which to me suggests Cilic's superiority is holding down Tipsarevic. MARIN CILIC -3 GAMES is my pick here. Both men can be inconsistent but Cilic seems to be finding his game again and I can see Tipsarevic imploding if the Croat gets a lead. I'm also going to have a dabble in the overs market in the match between Feliciano Lopez and Juan Ignacio Chela. OVER 22.5 GAMES is the line, which to me seems a tad low. Both men are a good match-up, Lopez with his big serve and forays to the net, while Chela can play his accurate game from the back of the court as the surface is so slow in Miami. Chela won their only meeting in a final set tie-break back in 2003, and I expect this to be another close affair. Very little to choose between the players. Selections: - Alexandr Dolgopolov -4 games AH (vs Andreas Seppi) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle - Under 21 games AH (Nicolas Almagro vs Frederico Gil) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle - Marin Cilic -3 games AH (vs Janko Tipsarevic) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle - Over 22.5 games AH (Feliciano Lopez vs Juan Ignacio Chela) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Juan Martin Del Potro. Over 22 games. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Igor Andreev +2.5 AH vs John Isner. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Ayumi Morita to beat Marion Bartoli. 5.00 @ Expekt. (4/10) LOSS Alisa Kleybanova -3.5 AH vs Ekaterina Makarova. 1.80 @ >Bet365 (5/10) LOSS Sania Mirza to beat Maria Kirilenko. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Had to give something back after a good start. Disgusted with Mirza. 3-1 up in the 2nd set and can't win a single game after that. Against Kirilenko... Must have been damaged brain for Sania :rollin

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Sport Tennis Event Dogopolov v Seppi Selection Lay Seppi (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 26/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.74 Reasoning Dolgopolov should be too good here. He's still a rising star, and has a lot of class. Seppi is pretty solid, can play when he wants to but don't think he'll like the match up. Dolgopolov has good form and the conditions in Miami should suit him. Sport Tennis Event Kuznetsova v Peng Selection Peng Strength 10/10 Date 26/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25 Reasoning I really like Peng, she has a very good game and showing great form this year. She's beaten Kuznetsova early this year and every tournament she's playing hard and it's taking a good player to beat her. Kuznetsova is hard to just, had a good tournament in Dubai but lost to McHale first match in Indian Wells. She's the type that the conditions can get on top of, and if it's a muggy day in Miami she can mug it up with the best of them. Should be a good match, I make Peng a slight favourite.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Marcos Baghdatis -2.5 AH vs Olivier Rochus. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Obviously end of the road for Rochus today. He barely deserved to get past Kavcic in previous round. There was absolutely nothing on serve for the Belgian player. 8 double faults is WTA level and he won less than 50% points behind his second serve. Not good enough. Besides he is very tired having played a lot of tennis in past couple weeks. He won a Challenger event last week, that's five matches +3 here including qualies. Baghdatis will take care of him easily I guess. They have played twice before with Baggy winning in straight sets and this could be over very quickly. Alexandra Dulgheru 2bt Johanna Larsson. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Despite Dulgheru being Romanian and despite this not being clay gonna back her to win today. Only reason for that is that Larsson will be exhausted. If 6-4, 7-6 in the first round against Rodionova was no biggy then 7-5, 6-7, 7-6 against Li was very tough match and I'm sure she'll be on her limits today. She was 4-0 in the 2nd set against Li but had to play another set and perhaps was lucky to win. Beating top 10 player for the first time (I believe it's so) is huge and I don't think she'll be mentally up for this one and also tired, very tired.So despite having all Romanians apart from Halep on my b-list, having an exception today and taking Dulgheru. Handicap should be good here as well, though I'm afraid that Larsson could quit and therefore ruin it, so having a 'normal' win. One set and then you can go. Ernests Gulbis -5 AH vs Carlos Berlocq. 1.84 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Not a fan of Gulbis but think he'll have this in the bag in no time. Berlocq should not be in tournaments like this. He's had a rise in rankings because oh winning a lot of matches on clay in the 2nd part of the last season, so he's in top 100 and therefore has to play in Masters and on hard as well. Hard is totally not his surface, he hates it and had it not been for player like Sock in the first round, Berlocq would have been out of this tournament by now. He'll be today. Gulbis can be very lazy and pathetic but I believe he'll destroy Berlocq who can't play on hard and even if he wanted to win today, he won't be able to do so. Don't like unders with Gulbis because he can throw one set away and lose a tie-break or something like that but at the end of the day -5 games should work out.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Gilles Simon vs Rainer Schuettler. Over 21 games. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Winning 3 matches in a week is massive achievement for Schuettler these days so can't see him making past Simon however it might be a closer match than many expect. Simon has been awful himself lately and has had some very long and overish matches against Schuettler. They last played just over a week ago in IW and Simon won 6-3, 7-6 and it should have been three sets. They have played six matches and five times it has been over, four times they played 3-setter. I'd say Simon will win today but not without trouble. 21 games even against lame player like Schuettler seems too short for me, so having overs. Albert Montanes 2bt Florian Mayer. 2.72 @ Pinnacle (4/10) 2.72 for Montanes to win today is outrageous odds. It's wrong and we've seen enough upsets this week not to be surprised to see another one. Mayer despite beating Karlovic still is a garbage at this stage of the season. Montanes not much of a hard courts player but can win match or two on this surface. I think he'll have a bit more to offer on return than Karlovic did and can beat Mayer. Montanes has beaten him both times they played. All be it on clay, I think Monta can take him down also on hard. Like I said, odds are wrong here. Philipp Petzschner 2bt Jurgen Melzer. 2.33 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Another underdog to back today is Philipp Petzschner. As I said a week ago, Melzer not in the form and also not in the mood atm. He beat Benneteau only because the Frenchman was tired, but then was schooled by Gasquet in IW. Petzschner had a weird match against Serra but I think he can get a win today. If a player is out form, he can get back that quickly and I don't think Melzer will have improved a lot since IW. Petzschner beat him 6 and 2 on Monte Carlo dirt last year and we know very well that clay suits Melzer better than any other surface so something has to be good about the German's play if he managed to beat Melzer. Reckon he can make it happen again.

Sport Tennis
Event Iveta Benesova - Andrea Petkovic
Selection Iveta Benesova
Strength 10/10
Date 26/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.00
Reasoning Miami WTA Premier (USA) - Hard Court, Round of 32 In my opinion Iveta Benesova can win this match. She easy has won two matches in Miami - first against Roberta Vinci 7-5 6-4 and second against big favorite - Flavia Pennetta 6-3 6-0 (!). Iveta was playing fantastic against Pennetta. She was serving very good: 1st Serve Percentage 65% (32/49) 1st Serve Points Won 75% (24/32) 2nd Serve Points Won 71% (12/17) Break Points Saved 100% (3/3) 2 aces, only one double fault, she saved all break points. Andrea Petkovic leads 3-0 in head-to-head series but I think that Benesova is in very good shape and she can win. Petkovic has great service but I see many chances for Iveta Benesova in rallies. Odd in sportingbet is very good.

taking couple of dogs in round 2 WTA Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Date Krumm (JPN) vs Ivanovic (SRB) Selection: Date Krumm @Pinnacle 4,060 LOSS WTA Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Schvedova (KAZ) vs Groth (AUS) Selection: Schvedova @Pinnacle 3,080 LOSS ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Devvarman (IND) vs Raonic (CAN) Selection: Devvarman @Pinnacle 2,960 WIN ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Lorenzi (ITA) vs Gasquet (FRA) Selection: Lorenzi @Pinnacle 10,250 LOSS ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Kohlschreiber (GER) vs Del Potro (ARG) Selection: Kohlschreiber @Pinnacle 4,180 LOSS ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Bogomolov (USA) vs Murray (GBR) Selection: Bogomolov @Pinnacle 6,940 WIN ATP Sony Ericsson Miami R2 Kukushkin (KAZ) vs Querrey (USA) Selection: Kukushkin @Pinnacle 2,860 LOSS
+ 2.9 u

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Sport Tennis Event Cilic v Tipsarevic Selection Lay Tipsarevic (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 26/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.88 Reasoning Cilic leads the H2H 5-0 and it seems quite convincing. Don't think either are in great form, but Cilic seems to be the one improving. I see Tipsarevic as a guy who needs to be at the top of him game to be backable, especially against a quality player. Cilic should have too much and win fairly comfortably.

Baghdatis is a joke. Should consider retiring from professional tennis or at least take a break. If you don't want to play why bother showing up. Of course' date=' there's huge prize money...[/quote'] Yeah, I took him at the start of the 2nd set. Was counting my cash but he's fallen apart. Mentalist. :puke

I'm not celebrating. Seppi is a cow And there really is not that much to celebrate today. So many crap performances
Ah, no worries. Thought the dancing cow was celebratory. One of these things, it will go for me at some point this year. Looks like Melzer may retire now ... cursed day for injuries. I agree with you re Baghdatis, why bother when you are nowhere near fit.

Sport Tennis
Event Janko Tipsarevic vs. Marin Cilic
Selection Tipsarevic (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.00
Reasoning Well, Marin Cilic didn't played in the same way in 2011 as he was playing the last season in 2010, his consistence is not the same. Today Marin Cilic will play against Janko Tipsarevic, a player who didn't started 2011 too well but who has played already one game here at Indian Wells and did looked quite good his start. Tipsarevic defeated Robin Haase in a game quite closed as Haase did served very well and Tipsarevic had a difficult task at the return. Speaking about the surface here at Indian Wells, the fact that I will draw the most attention here as there is all about the style of playing of Marin Cilic and Tipsarevic. Cilci likes much more I_Hard courts where his serve has a clear better effect, here on this surface the situation is different as Tipsarevic should be the player to have some advantages. Tipsarevic don't possess the same powerful shots as Cilic does, but his footwork and his deffensive skills are clear better than Cilic's ones. Certain on this surface Tipsarevic could have the word against a player like Cilic who clear can play much better tennis on other surface. Good Luck!

Yeah' date=' I took him at the start of the 2nd set. Was counting my cash but he's fallen apart. Mentalist. :puke[/quote'] Absolutely pathetic display. If I ever see Baghdatis in person, I'll punch him. That was the least professional display of tennis I've ever seen from a player who is supposedly one of the top 25 in the world. :@ Youzhny will have the easiest match of his life in the next round.

Absolutely pathetic display. If I ever see Baghdatis in person, I'll punch him. That was the least professional display of tennis I've ever seen from a player who is supposedly one of the top 25 in the world. :@ Youzhny will have the easiest match of his life in the next round.
Didn't Youzhny already have the easiest match of his life today?:rollin

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Safe to say LOSS on Safarova handicap, awful display from her. 4 double faults in the first game alone. Loads more shocks today.....Cuevas beating Roddick, Berlocq beating Gulbis. Gabashvili had Tsonga on the ropes too.........:unsure....clay-courters loving this event......Monaco to bt Fed, Andujar to bt Anderson and Granollers to bt Llodra tomorrow??.........:lol....2 out of 3 wouldnt surprise me.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 This one to finish the day on a positive Caroline Wozniacki -5.5 AH vs Daniela Hantuchova. 1.83 @ Bwin (6/10) I think Wozniacki will have this one easy. Hantuchova has always struggled agaisnt the Dane and the main problem of course is Wozniacki's boring tennis and the fact that she gets every ball back in the court. Hantuchova is not the most patient player in the world and will make lots of unforced errors. Caro has covered this line in both wins against Hantuchova.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Roddick was having health issues, btw. Will have one today already. (4/10) R.Nadal/K.Nishikori - Under 19 games @ 1.94 at Pinnacle I think that Nadal will take this easily. Nishikori does not have a serve that would give him cheap points and you cannot really see Nishikori getting much from rallies, can you? One easy set and this will be in the bag. Definitely like the price with 6-4 6-3 being a push.

Baghdatis had 61 unforced errors :puke
Yip, and that was my problem. If he was injured, like Roddick, then fair enough but that's atrocious. Rochus was dead on his feet after the first set and would have lost to challenger players. Don't know what Baghdatis was playing at but it was bizarre to watch.....

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Caroline Wozniacki -5.5 AH vs Daniela Hantuchova. 1.83 @ Bwin (6/10) WIN Alexandra Dulgheru 2bt Johanna Larsson. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Philipp Petzschner 2bt Jurgen Melzer. 2.33 @ Pinnacle (4/10) WIN Albert Montanes 2bt Florian Mayer. 2.72 @ Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS Gilles Simon vs Rainer Schuettler. Over 21 games. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) LOSS Marcos Baghdatis -2.5 AH vs Olivier Rochus. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (7/10) LOSS Ernests Gulbis -5 AH vs Carlos Berlocq. 1.84 @ Pinnacle (5/10) LOSS Lucie Safarova 2bt Samantha Stosur. 2.62 @ >Bet365 (5/10) LOSS On the minus for the day. Lots of upsets and brain-dead performances yet again. Baghdatis gets standing ovation for THE performance of the day! Pushniacki hobbled over the finish line saving 3 s.p. in the 2nd set.

Re: Tennis - 21 March - April 4 Nadal had chances, but no. Three bets for me today. (3/10) E.Makarova to bt. M.Bartoli @ 3.69 at Pinnacle Huge price imo. Bartoli is not fresh anymore and took three sets to beat Morita, so why not an upset here? Makarova is definitely better in Morita in this kind of situations, so at this price it seems like a good play. I cannot see Bartoli being up for this in these conditions anymore. (4/10) J.Isner (-2.5) to bt. A.Bogomolov @ 1.98 at Pinnacle So he beat Murray. Big deal. Young did the same and then lost horribly to Robredo. Definitely the end of the road for Bogomolov here, Isner is not in a horrible slump like his previous two opponents. (4/10) V.Troicki to bt. S.Querrey @ 1.72 at Pinnacle Unless an injury is involved, I do not get this. Troicki is playing much better tennis than Querrey all year long and his losses came against much better players. The surface is not that quick and I can definitely see Troicki winning easily here.

- Alexandr Dolgopolov -4 games AH (vs Andreas Seppi) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle VOID - Under 21 games AH (Nicolas Almagro vs Frederico Gil) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle LOSS - Marin Cilic -3 games AH (vs Janko Tipsarevic) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle LOSS - Over 22.5 games AH (Feliciano Lopez vs Juan Ignacio Chela) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle WIN
This tournament needs tamed.