UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April

• 3 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April At first glance, Porto ht/ft with bet365 at 2 appeals to me. More thoughts on this later, but I expect them to win convincingly given the quality gap and Porto's great home record (P13 W13), and if I remember correctly Porto generally win ht/ft at home (77% of their home games have finished Porto/Porto at ht/ft). I'll leave it till later to bet on, after more research. Additionally, Porto basically have the Portuguese league sewed up so they can afford to focus on the Europa League. Villareal to win also looks tasty, but again I'll leave it until Thursday.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April

Additionally, Porto basically have the Portuguese league sewed up so they can afford to focus on the Europa League.
This is true but they have today a Benfica x Porto, there won't be any players resting, and the match should be of great intensity, still I think Porto will win

7 April 2011, Estadio do Dragao, Porto FC Porto vs Spartak Moskow

dde.png
Red & white started the championship not really as it was expected, only good performance in European competition could save the reputation of the 9 time Russian champions.
Spartak had a remarkable game in Amsterdam, very good from a tactical point of view. Porto had troubles against CSKA in the forst leg, they won 1-0 in Moscow but it was lazy CSKA strikers who missed goden opportunitie in the 1st half as I saw Porto in big trouble, If it had ended 3-0 HT for the army team wouldnt be surprised. I see Porto having avantage, ball all the time and put pressure on the wings of Spartak. This will lead to many corners gained by Porto - and dangerous situations.

Picks: Porto -1.5 Corners Half Time @ 1.85 Betcity Porto -2.5 Corners @ 1.70 Betcity Most yellow cards: Spartak @ 1.60 Bwin

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Fc porto vs Spartak : Welliton,the spartak brazilian striker has just said, few minutes ago " we are favourite". And it just me feel smiling a lot. I know spartak has a strong team and in russia porto will have difficulties to put in practice their football because russians team are well organized. But this declaration is a little bit ridiculous. Porto has just win the title in the rival stadium so the confidence of porto is very very high. They are only thinking about the europa league title. I am a porto fan, porto is going to play this game very seriously, the stadium will be full to pay tribute to our champions. I expect a bloodshed. Possuble line up : helton, sapunaru, alvaro, otamendi, rolando, fernando, moutinho, guarin, varela, hulk, falcao. Kiev vs braga : very tight game in perspective, tough to predict, kiev have an edge, they play at home, more experience in europe and the obligation to make a good result at home because braga is very strong at home. Great blow for braga, rodriguez is out owing to an injury, on the ukranian side shovkovsky the goalkeeper is out like ninkovic, milevsky is in doubt due to a broken arm. If milevsky dont play i will bet on a draw. benfica vs psv : benfica is deeply disturbed. They undergone the worst humiliation that could exist. However i make confidence in jorge jesus to boost the team and i am sure benfica will bounce back. Psv is the perfect victim.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Dynamo Kiev - Braga Kiev have been really impressive in this years Europa League, and in the last round they knocked out ManCity. One of the biggest reasons for their success is their strength at home. In the league their home stat read 9-2-1, and in the EL they are still undefeated at home. Last time out they won 2-0 vs Man City. So it is no easy task for any team to come to Ukraine and face Dynamo Kiev at their home turf. In my opinion Braga is easily the weakest team left in the competition, and I think their main focus here will be to defend well and avoid a big loss, so they are still in the tie when they face Kiev at home. Im going for the home win here! (Another option could be Kiev to win to nil, as they only have conceded goals in one home-game so far (2-2 vs BATE) ) Pick: Dynamo Kiev Odds: 1.65 Bookie: Unibet Units: 6 Porto - Spartak Moscow Porto are my favourites to win the Europa League. They have been really strong all season, and last weekend they secured the league title with an away win at rivals Benfica. So now they can fully focus on the Europa League. In the Portuguese league, their home stats are 13 played, 13 won. Goal difference: 37-6. They did lose 1-0 to Sevilla at home earlier in the EL, but in that game Hulk wasted an amazing amount of chances (I know this very well, because I had a bet on him to score). Spartak Moscow surprised a lot of people when they knocked out Ajax, but I can't see them doing the same with Porto. They lost their last league game 3-1 away to Kuban Krasnodar, and also lost their only other away game in the league so far, 4-0 to Rostov. Moscow are not good on the road, and I expect Porto to be too strong for them. Im going with Porto! Pick: Porto -1 (AH) Odds: 1.6 Bookie: B365 Units: 6

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Porto - Spartak Moscow Porto have been sensational this season. :loon They should be the favourites, but I see little value in the odds at this moment. Spartak has been conceding many goals recently and they are missing two defenders, i.e., Pareja and Parshivlyuk. Porto is defensively good, in the league they won often while not conceding a goal. However, I do think Spartak has a lot more quality than these league opponents and I can see them scoring a goal. At home in the Europa League Porto only kept one clean sheet in five matches. For now I am thinking of: Over 2.5, odds 2.01 @ Pinnacle Sports :) 3 / 10 Both to score, 2.10 @ Bwin :unsure 1 / 10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 22-20-3 -0.37 units (52.38%) Spartak Moscow +1.5 (-119) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Spartak struggling the last 2 games, but I feel they have shown they can hang with Porto in this game the way theyve been playing in Europe. This would be a good game to bounce back from 2 pretty bad loses of late. I expect Porto to probably win but for it to be a close game.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Villarreal - Twente = 1 (1.61) / over (1.95) bet365 Preview: Villarreal: injured: Senna (midfielder 16p/1gol), Angel Lopez (defender 18p/0gol). The hosts are the favorites have played the last 5 games of Champions League with 5 wins, 4 of which were completed over. This is because the coach Juan Carlos Garrido that the same team have a winning mentality, always offering an offensive game. In addition, Giuseppe Rossi is the best scorer in the competition with eight goals, one more than the Port of Falcao. The Twente is a very offensive team and play a very tactical without sparkling football with players like Luuk de Jong (28p/10gol striker), Janko (attacker 25p/14gol), Ruiz (attacker 22p/8gol), Danny Landzaat (midfielder 22p / 1gol), Chadli (midfielder 28p/7gol). The home team is superior performance and results, the sign is 1 net. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Kiev - Braga 1 @1,57 (Unibet) For me Kiev is pure quality. I have seen them play against Ajax en AZ before the winter break and they have thrown Man City out of the competition with a great home game. I combine this with Phil Taylor to win @1,25 so the total odd is 1,96.:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Dinamo Kiev - Braga = 1 (1.57) Totosì Preview: Dynamo Kiev: injured: Milos Ninkovic (midfielder 13p/1gol) absent: Oleksandr Aliyev (midfielder 1p/0gol). Braga: absent: Alberto Rodriguez (defender 17p/0gol) Elderson (defender 17p/0gol). After the removal of the Manchester City, Dinamo Kiev and Sheva emerging ace Yarmolenko certainly can not be afraid of Braga, the English team certainly less technical but at the same time in Kiev presenteà less defiant and more attentive to the defense. Braga has done very well in Europe this season, but their lack of experience in European competitions is more than evident. The home team is superior performance and results, the sign is 1 net. :hope:hope:hope

Dynamo Kiev - Braga Kiev have been really impressive in this years Europa League, and in the last round they knocked out ManCity. One of the biggest reasons for their success is their strength at home. In the league their home stat read 9-2-1, and in the EL they are still undefeated at home. Last time out they won 2-0 vs Man City. So it is no easy task for any team to come to Ukraine and face Dynamo Kiev at their home turf. In my opinion Braga is easily the weakest team left in the competition, and I think their main focus here will be to defend well and avoid a big loss, so they are still in the tie when they face Kiev at home. Im going for the home win here! (Another option could be Kiev to win to nil, as they only have conceded goals in one home-game so far (2-2 vs BATE) ) Pick: Dynamo Kiev Odds: 1.65 Bookie: Unibet Units: 6 Porto - Spartak Moscow Porto are my favourites to win the Europa League. They have been really strong all season, and last weekend they secured the league title with an away win at rivals Benfica. So now they can fully focus on the Europa League. In the Portuguese league, their home stats are 13 played, 13 won. Goal difference: 37-6. They did lose 1-0 to Sevilla at home earlier in the EL, but in that game Hulk wasted an amazing amount of chances (I know this very well, because I had a bet on him to score). Spartak Moscow surprised a lot of people when they knocked out Ajax, but I can't see them doing the same with Porto. They lost their last league game 3-1 away to Kuban Krasnodar, and also lost their only other away game in the league so far, 4-0 to Rostov. Moscow are not good on the road, and I expect Porto to be too strong for them. Im going with Porto! Pick: Porto -1 (AH) Odds: 1.6 Bookie: B365 Units: 6
These are my picks too tonight. I see home teams clear favorites. Porto is having a stellar season, Liga title bagged they just won in Benfica, their spirits cant be better right now. Spartak is shaky under Karpin. Kiev eliminated Man City full of big names, they are very strong home. Braga last games have been wins but not against strong teams .. Porto -1.5 1.893 X Kiev 1.64 3.1 @ Pinnacle (4pts):hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Hello fellow Tipsters. Does anyone know is MILEVSKIY back for Dynamo Kiev Tonite ?? Tonite am going with 2 bets: Porto Half Time/Full Time @ 2.00 with PP Reasons: I have been following Europa Legaue this year a lot, and have seen all Portos matches in the Portugal League at the same time, and they posses some strike force that any big club would love to have, in Hulk, Falcao, Guarin and many more. Porto seem to start the match from the begining by attacking, and their coach loves attacking football from what i have seen. At the same time they also have good record against Russian teams. They also have a fully fit squad, and are on high after winning the Portugal league in their bigest rivals stadium, Benficas. Spartak Moscow do have some brazilians in their team,but they havent shown much yet, they conceded 2 heavu defeats away from home in their league 4:0 and 3:0,apart from the the match they played at home against Ajax which they comfortably won, but the away match thay played against Ajax they were lucky, one shot one goal, compare to over 11 shots in goal and over 60% of the ball possesion by Ajax. Villareal @ 1.62 with PP Reasons: Villareal have Eleminated 3 big teams, which were also considered favorites to win this Cup, i.e Valencia, Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen. They are a very well organised team, and have plenty talented and young players in their ranks, many with big experience with their respketive national teams. They also have the top scorer of this competition in their ranks, Giuseppe Rossi with 8 goals so far, he is expected to lead the attack with Nilmar tonite. The only player they are missing is Senna who has been out for a while. I also rate Twente quite high, but defenitly not in the same ranks with Villareal, they just not gonna be able to cope with the speed an pace of Rossi, NIlmar, Valera, Cena, Cazorla, etc. Porto and Villareal Double @ 2.26 with PP Also Villareal vs Twente over 2.5 goals @ 1.83 Reasons stated above, for the same reasons. GL to all hope is gona be a profitable evening, not like the previous 2 nites with champions league.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April dont post here too much but i would like to make point here and ther if i can.first of all toivonen is huge miss.now psv realized and the fans as well that he is one of the pieces that is really missing lately.berg is trying his best but simply he is not good enough or odesnt perform as well as he should.well i was watching last games in euro cup for benfica and i have to say that they played very well.at home and away in psg.havent seen the game vs porto but looking at standings they kind of knew that is the lost battle.lets look at standings in both portuguese league and eredivisie.one mind wonder how important is euro for psv and how important is for benfica.well benfica is clearly second,so they can fully concentrate on this game since their next game is sunday late night in naval.on the other hand psv has big game sunday afternoon vs hereenven.hereenven are strugling at the moment havent won in last 6 games if im correct.so you can be sure they will at least put up good fight.ajax will catch up if psv dont win. so this is one angle to look at the game and that is upcoming fixtures in theirs home league.but lets not be fooled,psv and benfica went to quaterfinals here so they will take this cup seriously no matter what. but to say that traveling plus upcoming home games are very important.if benfica covers the left site where dzsudzsak s operating and cover engelaar then i have hard time to see that psv will make something out of this game.surely benfica in front of the home crowd will push forward.at the end the odds are rising so i will wait before official line ups are out but at this moment 1.8 for benfica looks very good in my eyes.but this is betting so you never know.you can just estimate.i wish you all good luck with your bets tonight.im leaning towards home team.dont know for how much yet. gl to all

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April as i pointed out in benfica game here the same can apply.home team is in the battle of champions league in domestic league.more important is that their next game is vs their biggest contender VALENCIA and that game is on valencia home ground.twente are in the battle of the title in holland.this game looks on the paper like overish but you can be sure that none of the teams would like to concede early in the game.both teams looks like in full strength.of course away team would like to snatch a very important away goal but the most important part would be not to receive one.if twente plays open game they will be crushed no matter how offensive they are.and if the teams are so overish how come you can still get over 2 odd on over?it should be more to 1.7-1.8.so current odds on over looks like to be gift for bookmakers. still this is my point of view on this game.if i had to choose i would take under and small lean to home side.but still we should wait for line ups and looks to me that best option would be in-play betting if you decide to bet. i wish you good luck with your bets tonight.

Hello fellow Tipsters. Does anyone know is MILEVSKIY back for Dynamo Kiev Tonite ??
Milevskyj is more or less ready to play, he still feels some pain in his hand, but as he stated, if coach will decide to field him tonight, he is up to the challenge. The same goes for GK Shovkovskyj, who also was doubtful.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Dynamo Kyiv -1 S.C. Braga no goals Dynamo Kyiv goal hf\ft Villarreal - FC Twente (0-1) Villarreal goal hf\ft Porto - Spartak Moskva both teams score Porto goal hf\ft Will try ^^ today! :)

Dynamo Kyiv -1 S.C. Braga no goals Dynamo Kyiv goal hf\ft Villarreal - FC Twente (0-1) Villarreal goal hf\ft Porto - Spartak Moskva both teams score Porto goal hf\ft Will try ^^ today! :)
Need some reasoning dude or just post this in the midweek bets section.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April I've had the same set of bets for all games tonight. I should stress that my knowledge of these teams is quite low, but it is the situation that I am betting on here. Essentially, we have 4 fairly strong (odds-on) home favourites in the first leg of a two leg tie. I feel that as such all 4 away teams will look to be defensively solid at the back - even a 1-0 loss isn't the end of the world. As such I've done some multiples with HT/FT market. Draw @ HT/Home Team @ FT into doubles. The theory being that the away team will have sound defense but the home advantage will just see the favourites home in the 2nd half. For similar reasons, I've taken the first goal time to be 81mins to Full time in all 4 games, with odds around the 20-25 mark (Betfair).

I've had the same set of bets for all games tonight. I should stress that my knowledge of these teams is quite low, but it is the situation that I am betting on here. Essentially, we have 4 fairly strong (odds-on) home favourites in the first leg of a two leg tie. I feel that as such all 4 away teams will look to be defensively solid at the back - even a 1-0 loss isn't the end of the world. As such I've done some multiples with HT/FT market. Draw @ HT/Home Team @ FT into doubles. The theory being that the away team will have sound defense but the home advantage will just see the favourites home in the 2nd half. For similar reasons, I've taken the first goal time to be 81mins to Full time in all 4 games, with odds around the 20-25 mark (Betfair).
I can say that this reasoning certainly applies to PSV. They are the kind of team that tries to play and control the game form a solid defense. Berg is out of form, Dzsudzsák good performances, except for AZ, are biased towards. home matches and Toivonen is injured. That leaves Lens and Bakkel as the main threat.
D.Kiev - Braga : 1 1.65 Porto - S.Moscow : 1 1.45 Villarreal - Twente : 1 1.65 total : 3.94 What do you think ?
They seem to be mostly public bets. I would bet on Spartak +1.5 and Twente if I had to make a bet. Twente seems to be underestimated by the general public, for that reason they might have value. I would have probably made a bet on Spartak provided their two defenders are not injured. Now they look too shaky defensively.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April I advise people not to play Villareal so easily in a combo. They certainly have a chance of winning but it is certainly no banker against a strong Twente. Twente won 2-0 at home against PSV this weekend and had a good performance to go with it. They have momentum. Ruiz has returned from injury and can play although he won't play 90 minutes if it isn't necessary because Twente need to win this weekend in the title race. Just my 2 cents.

Dynamo Kyiv -1 S.C. Braga no goals Dynamo Kyiv goal hf\ft Villarreal - FC Twente (0-1) Villarreal goal hf\ft Porto - Spartak Moskva both teams score Porto goal hf\ft Will try ^^ today! :)
Porto Benfica Villareal odds ~ 4 what do you guys think about this ? :) all teams playing at home , all are clear favorites and without big injury lists
D.Kiev - Braga : 1 1.65 Porto - S.Moscow : 1 1.45 Villarreal - Twente : 1 1.65 total : 3.94 What do you think ?
No offence guys, but none of these posts add anything to the debate at all. If you're going to post in these threads then please add some analysis to your picks. Even if you're just looking for opinions on your bets, some kind of reasoning as to why you've chosen them is required. If you'd rather not add any analysis, then please feel free to post your selections in here instead: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/midweek-bets-apr-5-7-a-115819/

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April Villarreal v Twente. My pick is Villarreal. I choose Villarreal in this game because they have ambitions of winning this tournament. They have knocked out big teams to get to this stage. Yes I think Villarreals next domestic match is important, but this is their real chance for silverware this season so their main priority may be here. As their domestic fixture list isnt the easiest, and Garrido has stated he wants to win the Europa League. They have good striker in Nilmar and Rossi, who is leading the scoring charts. Twente are solid and are capable of an upset but I see Villarreal overpowering them here, just like what happened to Napoli.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April I always like the look of unders in these europa league games. The away side always seems to be happy with taking away a draw and neither side is willing to go all out attack through fear of losing and giving themselves no chance in the 2nd leg. In the last 16 stage this season. Out of the 16 games, 10 were unders. So tonight i'm going to for Kiev vs Braga under 2.5 @ 4/6 might also take the Benfica vs PSV game too @ 5/6 Picked these too as Braga and PSV both kept clean sheets in both tie's of the last 16. Both City vs Kiev games were unders, and i dont really fancy Benfica only just got past PSG 3-2 on aggregate. What you guys think? i reckon there could be a shock or 2 tonight. I definatly cant see 4 straight home wins.....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 7 April I can see many Dynamo Kiev backers here but I think the price is way to short. Braga is coming after 3 consecutive wins in Liga Sagres, I watched some of them and Portugals seem to be in great form. Sure Dynamo defeated Man City but guys don't forget that Braga also eliminated some big teams - Celtic and Sevilla in the CL qualifying rounds (two wins over Sevilla), later on Braga managed to defeat Arsenal in the group stage and in the end they eliminated Liverpool. They are not such underdogs to be rated @ 6.00. All of you put Dynamo's win over City as main thesis in your reasonings. Dynamo ripped Man City apart but they did it by using lethal counter attacks catching the english defense off guard. Tonights game will be quite different story. Braga will pay more attention to the defense waiting for counter attack chances something they are extremely good at thanks to their fast and creative brazilians up front. I am not saying that Dynamo won't win but taking them @ 1.60 is a bit tricky. Anyway GL with your bets.

I can see many Dynamo Kiev backers here but I think the price is way to short. Braga is coming after 3 consecutive wins in Liga Sagres' date='.[/quote'] 3 wins against who?Rio Ave,Beira Mar,Olhanense :unsure Sorry,but i don't even rate these teams.ordinary teams with small budget and no star players and Braga beat them all,wow :loon Don't compare domestic league to europian cups.Braga was trashed already in Ukraine this season...