** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Can you tell me' date='how many points you will bet on both to score?I just want to know how sure you are.[/quote'] I don't use point system mate and i never sure about final outcome.it's a football anything can happen.But if you take 100% then i'm about 70% sure they will both score if it will help you. GL :ok

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Persie trained this morning, and has been named in the squad. Kidology by old Arse?
Yes,just read it as well.His name is included but it doesn't mean he will play.Even if he will play he is not 100% fit and i don't think he will keep up with Barca speed after his knee injury.Same about Fabregas.Don't think Arsenal will see much ball anyway.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Barca are without their 2 main centre backs, have a right full that just attacks and in my opinion cant defend nasri also made a show of him last leg. Barca will obviously be attacking for most of the game but arsenal are good at counter attacks and with the news van persie is in the squad you have to feel they have a chance of gettin something out of the game. I'm taking arsenal at 6/1 DNB with paddy power Gd luck everyone:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March I wholeheartedly agree with Barca brushing Arsenal aside. I think even the most ardent Gunners fan would admit that they were lucky to win 2-1 last time. I don't think they will even see enough of the ball to mount many serious attacks. I think I'll follow on the -1.5 line with a little cash. Shakhtar/Roma has also been discussed a lot. Even as a Roma fan I don't fancy their chances of toppling Shakhtars great home run. I think we'll see a very similar game as the first-leg with goal and a Shakhtar victory. I've taken both teams to score (1.72) and over 3 goals (2.375). Both at Bet365. Nice analysis thus far guys, let's hope we all come out with some dough.

Barcelona v Arsenal Well, I've been waiting for this one since the first leg, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for letting the prices drift on some markets, but still good enough imo. How Arsenal won the first leg I'm not sure, they played better in the second half but were outplayed for long periods, and could have easily have been more than one down at the break if Messi had his shooting boots on..Van Persie and Walcott would have been major weapons in the return leg, prob the two attacking players they have with genuine quality. Cesc will play I'm sure, were rumours about Song and Wilshire also but they will be lining up too, would expect to see.. -------------------Szczesny---------------- Sagna-----Djourou-----Koscileny-----Clichy -Nasri--Wilshere--Song--Fabregas--Arshavin--- -------------------Bendnter--------------- That is a strong midfield, but Cesc isn't going to be 100%, Wilshire was immense in the first leg and will have to be the same again, him and Song are going to have to be superb if they are to go through.. Puyol is out for Barca which is a problem considering Pique is suspended, they will have to shuffle the pack, with Iniesta, Abidal, Villa and Busquets rested at the weekend I seriously expect them to fly at Arsenal at 100mph, similar to the way they played against Real this season and Arsenal at home last season..closing down the midfield at all opportunities, not letting them breathe. I don't think for a second that the Arsenal defence is anything near good enough to keep Barca out, if they want to go through they are going to have to attack and I think this is where their problem lies. I just don't think they have a good enough defensive structure to keep Barca under control. -------------------Valdes--------------- Alves-----Busquets-----Abidal-----Maxwell ------Xavi-------Masch-------Iniesta------ ------Pedro-------Messi-------Villa-------- Abidal and Busquets have played at the back before but not normally together, certainly not having either of the first choice centre backs in is a blow. Masch will have his work cut out in the middle, Barca are a pretty compact unit though and the central midfield will be keenly fought, he will have plenty of help breaking up the play if Arsenal break. Arsenal obviously have the experience of the game last year when they got destroyed, are they stronger this time out? Yeah, prob, the starting line-up certainly looks stronger but then so does Barca's. I just don't expect Arsenal to go through from this tie, the key battle is certainly in the middle of the park, Barca's and Arsenal's main strength is in keeping possession but I wouldn't expect Barca to be chasing the ball for long in the Nou Camp and Arsenal have proved time and time again that they do not generally deal well when they don't have the ball. Arsenal don't have anyone with enough of a game plan to stop Messi, expect the best player in the world to be the architect again.. I view Arsenal as a poor mans Barcelona, the first leg proved that Arsenal can score against a weakish back line that is now further depleted but Barca have been rotating the squad since that game and will be fully motivated and fresh for this one. Wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal scored, but I still think Barca will go through. Was looking at the price for over 3 goals but at 1.7 its not too appealing for me, both to score at 1.83 could well come in also and appeals. Barca -1.5AH 1.82 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Barca -2AH 2.42 (Pinnacle) 5/10 Both to Score 1.83 (bet365) 2.5/10
Song is out. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3451030/Arsenals-Alex-Song-ruled-out-of-Barcelona-clash.html

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March I believe sport is about attitude. Liverpool recently drawed with red light Wigan, lost to 3rd from the bottom WHU, just to trash MU in a game they cared. And that is attitude in sport :lol I believe the same can be said about Barcelona. Maybe they were complacent with one goal lead and 15 minutes to play at Arsenal, maybe they thought is all done because they could have been 3-0 or 4-1 upfront at that time. Doesn't matter but this time they will be playing for their asses being saved due to an unexpected and too early CL exit :lol and it will be seriuos. I'd go with Barcelona -1,75@1,975 (bet365). They must have a two goal cushion just to be sure a sudden goal from Arsenal doesn't leave them on ice. Consequently I'd add over 3,25@1,95 (bet365). I can imagine a 3-1 to be the most likely outcome. Next is Shahktar -0,5@1,95 and over 2,75@2,05. Roma has nothing to lose so an open, highscoring game is on the cards, especially with hosts' plenty options upfront. I won't be suprised to see a 3-2 repeated. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March not really keen on correct scores but worth small punts given the odds in the Barca v Arsenal game. I think most people expect Barca to win the game and by at least a couple of goals. My view is that Arsenal are dodgy at the back and Barcelona are awesome up front. If Barca go 2 up they know if Arsenal get 1 it goes to extra time. They also know that if Arsenal score 2 then Barca need 4. Barca likely to be without Puyol and Pique is suspended so i can see an Arsenal goal therefore I see Barca going all out for goals. I like alot of others will have money on -1.5 goals for Barca but look at the value of these on bet 365. I will be hab=ving small stakes on all 3 Barca 3-0 win 15/2 Barca 3-1 win 9/1 Barca 4-1 win 14/1 Good luck everyone :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Barcelona to have less than 63.49% possession at 2.10 with expekt At first glance this looks a dangerous bet taking on 'pass-masters' Barca. However, a few things to note: 1) Arsenal managed 40% when they got hammered there last season and havent recorded a lower figure in an away Champions League game in past 2 seasons. Fabregas and Wilshire, their 2 ball players, did not feature then but should both play here. 2) 1-0 is sufficient to take Barca through so if they get an early lead they may be happy to let Arsenal have some possession and then just pick them off on the break. 3) Both regulars centre-backs Puyol and the brilliant Pique will not play, These 2 combine superbly with Xavi and Iniesta triggering off much of Barca's possession football so it will be interesting to see if they are as effective without them.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Shakhtar - Roma I'm with Mahno and Ultravires on this game. Roma has to win by 2 goals in order to qualify. With Montella as its new coach, Roma has managed to stay unbeaten, even with two wins away. However both were tight wins, and Roma has demonstarted a lame game. There are a few problems going on: Roma seems to be weak on physical aspect, having no power to run for '90. It has demonstrated no gameplan entering the different fields up to now, and I don't see why this should change now. And the last and more important problem, Roma's players probably will miss the neccesary self-esteem and confidence, knowing that the qualification issue is almost out of reach. Menez and Cassetti are out. The last home defeat for Shakhtar happened 14 games ago, 22 October 2008, Shakhtar 0-1 Sporting Lisbon. This is the golden occasion to enter among the best 8 clubs of Europe this season. Motivation is at the maximum, the homefans are there to celebrate, full team, all the right ingredients to celebrate. Probably Montella will try and play through the wingers tomorrow. Some five years ago, Spalletti used that approach and crushed Shakhtar by 4-0. However as I have written above, one needs a strong physical team to do that, and Roma ain't that baby right now. over 2.5 @ 1.96 Canbet medium stake Shakhtar @ 1.95 Expekt medium stake halftime/finaltime X/1 @ 5.00 WilliamHill minimum stake CS 2-1 @ 8.50 William Hill minimum stake

Shakhtar started with almost full squad.We have anew rule now that 4 ukrainian players must be on the pitch all the time.So Hubshman didn't play as Luchesku had ukr.keeper and defenders which kept brazilian froce upfront.But after HT Luchesku rotated players upfront so they all should be fine.they didn't scrap a win.ball just din't go inn-that's all.they created many chances and could win like 3 or 4 nil' date='they were thinking about Roma mtch probably so din't even try to push hard.Motivation is more then big - it's huge.expect full house and massive support tomorrow.[/quote'] Cheers Dude

Barcelona v Arsenal Arsenal are a team that rely a lot on impact coming off the bench to win matches. Against Barcelona last year at the Emirates they were 2-0 down and couldn't get a hold of Barcelona till they brought on Walcott and he changed the game,2-2. In their last group game in the CL this season they were drawing 1-1 with a team already knocked out and Arsenal themselves were in danger of going out and again had to rely on Theo coming off the bench to change the game ,3-1. Two weeks ago against Barca they were lucky not to be 3-0 down before Arshavin came on and they finally got a hold of the Catalans,2-1. This time they don't have that sort of impact on the bench. With keys players missing and Barca been able to rest key players at the weekend , this could be over quite early at Camp Nou tomorrow night. Barcelona -2 AH
Not sure about this bet now that RVP is in sqaud. I know 1 player doesn't make a difference but with Pique and Puyol missing I could see Barca leaking a goal. I remember in January this year against Levante in Camp Nou, Barca were missing these 2 centre backs and the defense did look shaky. They concided a goal from a ball over the top and manage a 2-1 win that night. So maybe Both Teams to Score Doubled with Shakhtar v Roma Over 2.5 Goals With what folks are saying here it looks like Roma have to go for it. Ukrainian football is on the up and Shakhtar will prove that tomorrow.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Barcelona V Arsenal Under 10 Corners - Various 11/10 I'm a sucker for overs bets, be it goals, corners, whatever. For some reason i don't like unders - less excitement, which is madness i know. Having said that - and I warn everyone that my research into this market is not extensive and i haven't fished around for lots of stats - but i remember being stung on this market last year. The last 3 meeting between the sides has yielded a total of 14 corners. The two meetings at the emirates (2010, 2011) there were 4 and 5 respectively in the whole match. In the meeting at the nou camp there were 5. I had it in my head originally that the way these two teams set up would mean it would rain corners. But it appears not. I suppose it makes sense with a lot of infield passing going on, and Barca particularly cutting infield when getting towards the box. Add to that the relative lack of target men and crossing seems to make for quite low numbers. Therefore i'm going to have a play at this one.

Shakhtar - Roma The last home defeat for Shakhtar happened 14 games ago, 22 October 2008, Shakhtar 0-1 Sporting Lisbon. Probably Montella will try and play through the wingers tomorrow. Some five years ago, Spalletti used that approach and crushed Shakhtar by 4-0. However as I have written above, one needs a strong physical team to do that, and Roma ain't that baby right now. over 2.5 @ 1.96 Canbet medium stake Shakhtar @ 1.95 Expekt medium stake halftime/finaltime X/1 @ 5.00 WilliamHill minimum stake CS 2-1 @ 8.50 William Hill minimum stake
Good bets man. Just want to point on couple of things.That defeat to Lisbon-game was played at old stadium.What's a diference you may ask?Grass is different.New stadium has special short grass made to suit Shakhtar's attacking style.Ball moves faster,quick passing,dangerous long shots.Never lost any single game so far on new stadium. That defeat 5 years ago...well...back then Shakhtar was complete sh*te,they only started to play better after brazilians arrived. that's it from me and GL all :ok

Great points Jamaican. Add that it's supposed to be something like -6 degrees tomorrow and it's goodnight Roma.
I wouldn't write Roma off that easy.They may cause surprise here.They still have quality players and they are still dangerous.All they have to do is isolate Shakhtar's miedfiles and make more shots from distance as Pyatov is not very good whe he goes out for a ball.Also they need to speed up a little bit.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March First I am glad that you are all very active as far as today's match Barcelona - Arsenal. Here I am suffering through this all day what to play, I have 200 euros that I know and I can do tomorrow to make 500 euros:) I have a lot of your suggestions this video but there are very poor and it is quite difficult to decide is for real:) If someone can tell me what would be the most realistic to come, the quota is about 2.5:) Grateful to everyone in advance:)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Shaktar vs Roma Shakthar has a great oppurtunity to advance into the final 8 of this competition.On the back of their great home form & attacking football,i really think they are going to trouble roma.Roma will definately need to atack Shakthar & grab some goals.I really think this is going to play into Shakthars hands.There will be plenty of open space for the 3 forwards to exploit...& i am pretty sure the weather won't be to favourable to roma like stated previously.Also it has been noted that Roma isn't the most physical outfit lately...after taking up considerable leads against Genoa & Parma away,they were the hauled back in both those games & didnt look to sharp in those games.Whether this is a case of lack of concentration & or physical ability...i really think they are going to have to pull something out of the bag if they are to go thru. Over 2.5 @ $1.85 betinternet 7/10 Shakthar -0.5 $1.90 betinternet 5/10 Draw/Shakthar @ $4.50 betinternet 2/10

First I am glad that you are all very active as far as today's match Barcelona - Arsenal. Here I am suffering through this all day what to play, I have 200 euros that I know and I can do tomorrow to make 500 euros:) I have a lot of your suggestions this video but there are very poor and it is quite difficult to decide is for real:) If someone can tell me what would be the most realistic to come, the quota is about 2.5:) Grateful to everyone in advance:)
Probably a double: Swansea - Watford = 1 Shakhtar - Roma = 2.5+ Watford is stuck in midtable, can't go up or down, while Swansea needs to hold on to the first two positions. Roma should start on attack since it has nothing to lose, if it scores first then nothing change, as two goals are needed, and it will keep attacking. Shakhtar needs to score at least once, to close the qualification, so neither team is interested in staying behind. The probability of goals is high here. this double should be @ 3.3 approximately. It's up to you anyway. Good luck man.:dude

Ok let’s start with team news. RVP and Walcott are out while Fabregas and Song are both racing to be fit in time.

Wilshire, which is sure to come out on the field from the first minute, is not ready yet for such a big much against Barca and will look nervous when the opponent will force him to run without the ball. Nasri is good player and can help gunners a lot, Arshavin is man of the mood and can be hot or cold, RVP is a big blow for Arsenal as Shamakh and Bendtner are out of form a little bit and I’m not sure if they will represent any threat for Barca. I think the main problem of Arsenal is the center of defense. Trio Koscileny - Djourou - Skilachchi can go wrong at any moment. Keeper Szczesny is not experienced enough and can make mistakes under pressure

I though Barca looked better in 1st game.Arsenal came back in second half but overall Barca was a better side.I don’t see how Arsenal can take points here or even score.

Expect Barca to make early pressure on Arsenal.This match will be battle of the miedfields and Barca should come up stronger.

Xavi and Iniesta, who certainly constitute, together with Busquets central midfield trio of Barcelona, love and are able to wear down opponents. They keep ball cool and can make opponents look silly while chasing them down without a ball.

The main strike force of Barcelona - is, of course, Messi. David Villiers and Pedro are no less dangerous as Lionel.

Barcelona play exceptional on Nou Camp especially when they have to win .I just doesn’t see how Arsenal can stop Barca here.

Picks:

Barca to win to nil @2.10 bet365

Barca -1.5AH @1.775 bet365
Well pretty confident bet for me too. Don't believe I'll have to add to what already have bee said so far for this match what I can add is that I just watch a recent interview of Pep Guardiola and this guy seems really prepared and confident by saying that he wants the full squad of Arsenal to play this match VanPersie Wallcott everyone..Seems Pep don't want any excuse from Arsenal after Barca will throw them out..:eek

With abidal and busquets as central defenders arsenal has more chance to score...barca will score for sure so over 2.5 must be taken
Wouldn't it be much better to chose both to score when you are sure?Arsenal can't defend,1 goal would be enough for Barcelona,therefore they have to attack.Barcelona themselves,they will do everything to achieve the next round.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Some words about both games. I've seen a lot of people taking over 2.5 in Shaktar-Roma game, it's important to remind that if Roma win 0-1, Shaktar will go to next round, Roma must score at least twice to advance. I don't think that it'll be an open match, Shaktar are not going to take unnecessary risks. The same kind of match that was Porto vs Sevilla for Europa League. I think Barça -1.5 is the best bet. Barça last 7 Champions League matches at home - 7W 0D 0L 20:2 (they didn't beat the handicap just in one game, against Inter (1-0). Arsenal last 7 Champions League matches on the road - 1W 1D 5L 7:13 It doesn't matter who is going to play behind, Milito or Busquets, Barça are going to play in opposite's field and hammer Arsenal's slow defense. Arsenal always feel the pressure, they will suffer an early goal and get lost in the match.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 17-18-3 -2.75 units (48.57%) Shakhtar -106 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes The other game seems unbettable to me and it could really go either way. With this game I expect Roma to play a wide open game which will leave Shakhtar some chances to score. Roma has been completely inconsistent at the times. Shakhtar has a great home field advantage as well.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March I have just remembered which players played for Barcelona at the weekend against Zaragoza.Both Abidal and Busquets were rested and therefore we know which centre backs will play for Barcelona.Guardiola wanted them to be 100% fit.

Barcelona v Arsenal Well, I've been waiting for this one since the first leg, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for letting the prices drift on some markets, but still good enough imo. How Arsenal won the first leg I'm not sure, they played better in the second half but were outplayed for long periods, and could have easily have been more than one down at the break if Messi had his shooting boots on..Van Persie and Walcott would have been major weapons in the return leg, prob the two attacking players they have with genuine quality. Cesc will play I'm sure, were rumours about Song and Wilshire also but they will be lining up too, would expect to see.. -------------------Szczesny---------------- Sagna-----Djourou-----Koscileny-----Clichy -Nasri--Wilshere--Song--Fabregas--Arshavin--- -------------------Bendnter--------------- That is a strong midfield, but Cesc isn't going to be 100%, Wilshire was immense in the first leg and will have to be the same again, him and Song are going to have to be superb if they are to go through.. Puyol is out for Barca which is a problem considering Pique is suspended, they will have to shuffle the pack, with Iniesta, Abidal, Villa and Busquets rested at the weekend I seriously expect them to fly at Arsenal at 100mph, similar to the way they played against Real this season and Arsenal at home last season..closing down the midfield at all opportunities, not letting them breathe. I don't think for a second that the Arsenal defence is anything near good enough to keep Barca out, if they want to go through they are going to have to attack and I think this is where their problem lies. I just don't think they have a good enough defensive structure to keep Barca under control. -------------------Valdes--------------- Alves-----Busquets-----Abidal-----Maxwell ------Xavi-------Masch-------Iniesta------ ------Pedro-------Messi-------Villa-------- Abidal and Busquets have played at the back before but not normally together, certainly not having either of the first choice centre backs in is a blow. Masch will have his work cut out in the middle, Barca are a pretty compact unit though and the central midfield will be keenly fought, he will have plenty of help breaking up the play if Arsenal break. Arsenal obviously have the experience of the game last year when they got destroyed, are they stronger this time out? Yeah, prob, the starting line-up certainly looks stronger but then so does Barca's. I just don't expect Arsenal to go through from this tie, the key battle is certainly in the middle of the park, Barca's and Arsenal's main strength is in keeping possession but I wouldn't expect Barca to be chasing the ball for long in the Nou Camp and Arsenal have proved time and time again that they do not generally deal well when they don't have the ball. Arsenal don't have anyone with enough of a game plan to stop Messi, expect the best player in the world to be the architect again.. I view Arsenal as a poor mans Barcelona, the first leg proved that Arsenal can score against a weakish back line that is now further depleted but Barca have been rotating the squad since that game and will be fully motivated and fresh for this one. Wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal scored, but I still think Barca will go through. Was looking at the price for over 3 goals but at 1.7 its not too appealing for me, both to score at 1.83 could well come in also and appeals. Barca -1.5AH 1.82 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Barca -2AH 2.42 (Pinnacle) 5/10 Both to Score 1.83 (bet365) 2.5/10
Just to update what I put earlier..think it would be a risk for Arsenal to start RVP tonight, Wenger will be keen to start him ahead of Bendtner though who can't trap a bag of cement. RVP will be able to hold the ball up much better and bring others in to the game, if Bendtner plays he is simply an inferior player and Arsenal will see the ball coming back at them a lot more if he starts..as mentioned Song is now confirmed out and as I added earlier this is a huge blow, he is underrated and can play the simple passes well, keeping everything moving and breaking up play, Diaby will replace him but isn't as good in this position. RVP news has drifted the price on the -1.5AH on Barca, took it at 1.82 on Ladbrokes now out to 1.92 with bet365 which has pissed me off considering it is a large stakes bet for me, but you try and judge when to take the prices and sometimes it works sometimes not.. Not much to add in terms of analysis for the Shakhtar game, all points on the game have been discussed already by people who know more about Roma than me, taken what I consider a low risk bet at over 2.0 goals (1.4 bet365 8/10), can't see any way there will be less than this considering Shakhtar are involved and Roma need at least two goals to go through.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Shakhtar Donetsk-Roma = over (1.90) bet365 Shakhtar Donetsk: injured: Kucher. Roma: Pending: Menez, Cassetti. Mission almost impossible for the Roma who will try to climb after the 3-2 first leg suffered. Montella will continue to deploy the 4-2-3-1 with Totti lone striker ready to serve as a finisher for placements of the various Vucinic, Taddei and Perrotta. Roma will have to play in attack and to seek precisely the goal. Shakhtar think that his DNA does not have the mentality of defense since the Brazilian players who have worn mostly in the offensive department to offend. At this point the possibility that we will see more goals and then choose the option over. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Roma scores before 63' @1.83 (b365) Tough to find a bet I like in this game, since I don't believe Shakhtar will have as easy a game as some people think, at least not right from the start. We all know the home side has a great attacking potential, and with their comfortable win in 1st leg, they are probably looking to have fun in their stadium, where they are unbeaten so far. There might be some lack of concentration I think, and their defense is not as good as their attack; Roma will surely throw all they got into this game, out of pride if only. Unfortunately, they'll miss the all-so-important Menez, but they still have the players to beat Shakhtar's defense. In most recent games, Roma scored in 1st half or early in 2nd half, and I think it's going to happen tonight again.