** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Roma played their last league match against Lecce on last friday. Lecce forced them but they beat them. With their last weeks' defensive performance its hard them to finish with a clean sheet. They will be open for the risks and an over 2.5 goals is possible. Shakhtar is ready to face with their experienced coach Lucescu and their ice cold stadium. Obvious that there will be a heavy stadium. Unexperienced Montella should make a rougher team. If Shakhtar play eagerly for me they will have an another win. Shakhtar win.
:nana :nana :nana

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Barcelona -1,75@1,975 (bet365):cow. They must have a two goal cushion just to be sure a sudden goal from Arsenal doesn't leave them on ice. Consequently I'd add over 3,25@1,95 :cow:cow(bet365). I can imagine a 3-1 :nanato be the most likely outcome. Next is Shahktar -0,5@1,95 :cow:cowand over 2,75@2,05:cow. Roma has nothing to lose so an open, highscoring game is on the cards, especially with hosts' plenty options upfront. I won't be suprised to see a 3-2 repeated. :hope
what a day

Roma scores before 63' @1.83 (b365) Tough to find a bet I like in this game, since I don't believe Shakhtar will have as easy a game as some people think, at least not right from the start. We all know the home side has a great attacking potential, and with their comfortable win in 1st leg, they are probably looking to have fun in their stadium, where they are unbeaten so far. There might be some lack of concentration I think, and their defense is not as good as their attack; Roma will surely throw all they got into this game, out of pride if only. Unfortunately, they'll miss the all-so-important Menez, but they still have the players to beat Shakhtar's defense. In most recent games, Roma scored in 1st half or early in 2nd half, and I think it's going to happen tonight again.
Roma missed a PK in 1st HT, idi*ts.
I did some research in the same area, and I agree with the underish corner bets: Barca got 5.43 corners per game, and Arsenal 3.43. Many games sees 5 or 6 corners only. Most corners come in second half, when one side pushes more either to come back, or to force a result. First leg ended up with 5 corners, all in second half. Consequently, I make a pretty strong bet on: Under 5 corners HT (asian) @2.025 (b365) :beer Plus a somewhat more speculative bet on: Under 0.5 corners before 10' @2.75 :(
It was close, but only 4 corners HT :cow Also bet in-play on over 4.5 cards :beer

Not sure about this bet now that RVP is in sqaud. I know 1 player doesn't make a difference but with Pique and Puyol missing I could see Barca leaking a goal. I remember in January this year against Levante in Camp Nou, Barca were missing these 2 centre backs and the defense did look shaky. They concided a goal from a ball over the top and manage a 2-1 win that night. So maybe Both Teams to Score Doubled with Shakhtar v Roma Over 2.5 Goals With what folks are saying here it looks like Roma have to go for it. Ukrainian football is on the up and Shakhtar will prove that tomorrow.
Now ill Drink To That :beer

FC Barcelona v Arsenal + 4.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. Based on the above couple of posts regarding under'ish corners for this fixture (which I agree with) I think this line is set too high. Both sides tend to play possession football, and don't generally look to win too many outright corners, so I see value in here. Also, if we're talking about value I think Barcelona are currently very very short. Available @ 1.33 on Betfair. So, it's a speculative LAY of the home side here. Personally I think Barcelona should really win quite comfotrably. But, ignoring all biased reasoning for a minute, they do seem to be a little bit short. I'd have them probably around the 1.5 - 1.6 mark, maybe higher, for this sort of contest. As, at this stage of the CL I think it's foolish to right anyone off so easily.
Corners 5-2. Just. Good call on most corner markets, and various others tonight :clap Shame about the LAY, but I think Arsenal gave up after Van Persie was sent off, and zero shots all night just says it all. Would have been really ironic though if they'd qualified through a defensive mistake.

I think this might be useful: Last 6 home games of Barcelona DATE ---------RESULT----------OPPONENT 12.07.2010---- W 2-0 -----------Rubin Kazan 20.10.2010---- W 2-0 -----------Copenhagen 14.09.2010---- W 5-1----------- Panathinaikos 28.04.2010---- W 1-0----------- Inter Milan 06.04.2010---- W 4-1----------- Arsenal 17.03.2010---- W 4-0----------- Stuttgart Overall: Games played ---Wins---Draws---Losses-----GD ----- 6 ------------ 6 ------ 0 ------- 0 ------- 18:2 Last 6 away games of Arsenal DATE --------- RESULT--------- OPPONENT 23.11.2010----- L 2-0 -----------Braga 03.11.2010----- L 2-1------------Shaktar Donetsk 28.09.2010----- W 1-3---------- Partizan Belgrade 06.04.2010----- L 4-1----------- Barcelona 17.02.2010----- L 2-1----------- Porto 09.12.2010----- L 1-0----------- Olympiakos Overall Games played ---Wins---Draws---Losses-----GD --------6 ---------- 1 ------ 0 -------- 5 ------ 6:12 Quite disturbing statistics for Arsenal if you ask me. Barca scores 3 goals per game and Arsenal respectively 1 goal per game so if somebody is interested in picking the correct score he might try 3:1 :) I personaly will go for Barca (-1.5)AH as stated above. Good luck!
I should go punch myself in the face for not setting some small stake on the correct score. Still the AH was successful. Cheers to everybody who picked the AH and the overs :ok

Barcelona V Arsenal Under 10 Corners - Various 11/10 I'm a sucker for overs bets, be it goals, corners, whatever. For some reason i don't like unders - less excitement, which is madness i know. Having said that - and I warn everyone that my research into this market is not extensive and i haven't fished around for lots of stats - but i remember being stung on this market last year. The last 3 meeting between the sides has yielded a total of 14 corners. The two meetings at the emirates (2010, 2011) there were 4 and 5 respectively in the whole match. In the meeting at the nou camp there were 5. I had it in my head originally that the way these two teams set up would mean it would rain corners. But it appears not. I suppose it makes sense with a lot of infield passing going on, and Barca particularly cutting infield when getting towards the box. Add to that the relative lack of target men and crossing seems to make for quite low numbers. Therefore i'm going to have a play at this one.
It was looking a bit shady after 15 mins with 3 corners conceeded by Arsenal, but came through nicely in the end.

Barcelona V Arsenal Arsenal +1.5 @ 21/20 (Stan James) I just have a feeling Arsenal are going to eliminate Barcelona one way or another this evening. We have just heard Van Persie will be starting and this along with Fabregas is somewhat of a coup for Wengers team. Fear and psychology has played a large part in the build up to this fixture and I don't see Wenger's team being afraid of the Nou Camp any longer. If anything all the pressure is now on the mighty Barcelona to come out and perform like they know they can. The problem for Barca is that they know their devastating offensive play is vunerable to Arsenals devastating counter attacks and I believe this game will be fought as much in the mind as it will on the pitch. The bet gives extra cover as you will still win if Arsenal only loose by a goal. I'm going against the grain here but I will follow my instinct on this one.
Van Persie this, Bendtner that - No excuses here, a terrible post. I hope no-one was stupid enough to follow my insane raveings tonight.

a wee bit chat is fine as long as its to do with forum topic surely??:tongue2 anywway i think mahno is spot on.. roma are coming to attack, need 2 goals. this will leave them short at the back making an open end to end game. Shaktar will make the most of this with a very attack minded team and brazillian forwards. Shaktar are playing to the world, its a cl game. they are at home they will not lose. shaktar is just under evens 10/11 w/ ladbrokes i really think shaktar will win convincingly, so small stakes on shaktar -2 @ 7/1 w/ ladbrokes is my bet 4-1 @ 33/1 0.5pt this game is mostly a no bet for me but will have small punt on -2 as odds on win are not tempting enough. 1pt :dude
:nana:nana:nana just :dude

will have a better loook at barca arsenal later but... penalty to be scored @ 2/1 is worth a small bet as not much else catches the eye at odds given :\ arsenal dodgy defence, barca not full strength at the back. both teams concise passing, in and around box especially barca with darting runs. penalty quite likely i think. anyone know how many penalties barcelona get on average in a season? or where to find stats like this? :dude
:clap:clap :dude

Barcelona - Arsenal It will be a very excited game i have no doubt about it. We will see here everthing about the good things of football. Arsenal's mentality are not sensible to not conseding goals from Barça, because this it will be not hard for Barça to find few goals here. But on the other hand Arsenal is fit to score, i guess this game will be end over 3.5 goal..Maybe 3:1 or 4:2 for the home side..
That was a boring game, but it's not easy to both team to play good football in this level, there was only one thing for both side just qualif to the next round and Barça did it.

not really keen on correct scores but worth small punts given the odds in the Barca v Arsenal game. I think most people expect Barca to win the game and by at least a couple of goals. My view is that Arsenal are dodgy at the back and Barcelona are awesome up front. If Barca go 2 up they know if Arsenal get 1 it goes to extra time. They also know that if Arsenal score 2 then Barca need 4. Barca likely to be without Puyol and Pique is suspended so i can see an Arsenal goal therefore I see Barca going all out for goals. I like alot of others will have money on -1.5 goals for Barca but look at the value of these on bet 365. I will be hab=ving small stakes on all 3 Barca 3-0 win 15/2 Barca 3-1 win 9/1 :clap Barca 4-1 win 14/1 Good luck everyone :hope
kerching - nice profit tonight guys :cheers

Barcelona-Arsenal London Barca lost to Arsenal with 1-2 but they were the better team obviously.Messi himself missed at least 3 big chances,while Arsenal didn't not have more chances than Messi alone.They won luckily at end due to a big mistake made by Victor Valdes and then a goal by Arshavin.At the weekend they won with 1-0 against Zaragoza which defense was quite good.But Barca didn't want to win that high,as you could see,they didn't mke that much efforts like normally.Villa,Iniesta and Abidal were rested and played just 20 minutes or so. It's all about winning this one and Barca won't just go out and want to win 1-0.It's not their style,you can't compare it to the match against Zaragoza.They want revenge,especially Messi who missed various chances.Last year they also played against Arsenal,they drew 2-2 away from home and then they won with 4-1 at home thanks to 4 goals made by Messi.He had no problems with Gunners' defense.Barca will be without suspended Pique and Puyol who feels still pain in his knee.This absentes are hugh blows.But Abidal is a good defender and we wil see out will be Abidal's partner as a centre-back.It could be Milito or Busquets. I expect a match where Barca runs the match and doesn't need to defend very much.Therefore it won't make that much problems for them to be without that defense duo.The midfield with playmakers Iniesta and Xavi will control the match.Messi is on fire and wants to score like last year and there are also Pedro and Villa plus Bojan on the bench. Arsenal is without Walcott,van Persie and Song.Walcott's pace is somthing that Arsenal needs.No one is that quick like him.Van Persie's absent is also a huge blow and defensive midfielder Song is also out.Bendnter,Arshavin and Chamakh are out of form,especially Chamakh.Bendnter needs 100 chances to score once.Keeper Szeczesny is too young. Wenger said that they will go out and attack but I can't see them causing Barcelona many problems without quick Walcott and striker van Persie.Fabregas will play but he isn't 100% fit.So it depends on Nasri but Xavi and Iniesta are too good for him. All in all I can't see Arsenal causing any trouble to Barcelona.Barcelona will come and make a few goals.Possible result is 4:1 like last years encounter in Barcelona. Therefore I will also place big bets on Barcelona: Barcelona AH-1,5 1,82 10/10 Ladbrokes +18,2pts Barcelona AH-2,5 2,49 4/10 188bet -4pts Barcelona AH-1 1.half 2,62 5/10 paddypower +5pts cashback First Half over 1,25 goals 1,85 5/10 188bet -2,5pts Correct score 4:1 21,00 1/10 -1pt both to score 1,80 2/10 +3,6pts GL:dude
One more Barca goal would have been wonderful but ok.Staked 27pts and returne of 29,3pts

Van Persie this' date=' Bendtner that - No excuses here, a terrible post. I hope no-one was stupid enough to follow my insane raveings tonight.[/quote'] You couldn't cater for bad refereeing with your prediction mate, It may well have come off had the referee possessed any degree of common sense, so don't worry.

You couldn't cater for bad refereeing with your prediction mate' date=' It may well have come off had the referee possessed any degree of common sense, so don't worry.[/quote'] Cheers, yeh Van Persie second yellow was clinically insane.

Decided to have a bit of a play on Shakhtar tonight also, there seems no basis for a Roma comeback and the stats don't make pretty reading for Roma fans, I think its more likely Shakhtar add to their lead than get hit themselves, the price of 2.58 on the -1AH seems to provide excellent value even if they don't 'have' to win, don't think it means a lot in this game where the fans, weather, pitch are all against the away side, we shall see..I have changed a couple of bets I planned to do on the Barca v Arsenal game as the prices have been changing, namely the -2AH on Barca, think the price isn't really high enough on this at 2.4ish and Barca to win by 3 is a big ask, my final list is; Barcelona -1.5AH - 1.82 (Ladbrokes) + 1.86 (Pinnacle) 10/10 :ok:ok Over 3.0 Goals - 1.72 (Pinnacle) 6/10 :ok:ok Over 2.0 Goals HT - 3.55 (Bet365) 2/10 :$ Shakhtar v Roma over 2.0 Goals - 1.4 (bet365) 10/10 :ok:ok Shakhtar -1AH - 2.58 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 :ok:ok Big outlay for me tonight, but I am happy with the bets, gl all.
Brilliant night, couldn't really have asked for more..I will also enjoy listening to the inevitable Wenger moaning!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Yeah you had some fun tonight Hast. Nice one. I hope it doesn't carry through tomorrow though...:ok Some nice money made by the looks of things. Shame Roma couldn't score for a lot of us - still 4th place is their objective.

Yeah you had some fun tonight Hast. Nice one. I hope it doesn't carry through tomorrow though...:ok Some nice money made by the looks of things. Shame Roma couldn't score for a lot of us - still 4th place is their objective.
Yes,Roma are bastrads,couldn't even score a penalty.Hope they won't get any closer to any European competitions this year with their attitude :spank Barca managed handicap for me tonight :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Barcelona - Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.70 :( Roma +0.5 @ 2.15 :( Did not get the ball bouncing my tonight. Two send offs change the game not in my favour. Messi scoring from an characteristic Fabregas back pass just before half time, and then Busquets own goal. Game was still 1-1 then, but with van Persie's send off, Barcelona were always going to score from them on. Shaktar score, but Roma misses a penalty :@. Score that and the game takes another dimension. Mexes' sending off rules out any hope of a comeback. Did not factor any of these happening in the game, but i guess, that is football for you. :\ Well done to all who got the results to go their way :clap

I like the Barca -1.5 at 5/6 with Betfair. Some good write ups on this so not too much to add. I just think that considering Barca should have scored more at the Emirates, are now home, have rested a couple of players, will not allow complacency (as I think they did in the 2nd half of the 1st leg) and Arsenal are fielding a weaker team than in the first leg it looks to me that all signs point to Barca winning by at least a couple of goals so happy to back this big. Barca -1.5 with Betfair: 10/10.
Recouped my money from a bad weekend :clap

Barcelona v Arsenal Also going for a small stakes correct score. Correct score market always a dodgy one but having a bit of fun here. I'm aware Arsenal could score given issues raised around Barca's defence and the fact game should be quite open so I'd hate to back Barca to win to nil (I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Arsenal score an early shock goal before geting turned over) and have a bet down straight away. Anyway, I feel 3-1 win to Barca is likely and worth a punt at 10/1 with Betfair.
Very very nice indeed! :beer

Shakhtar Donetsk-Roma = over (1.90) bet365 Shakhtar Donetsk: injured: Kucher. Roma: Pending: Menez, Cassetti. Mission almost impossible for the Roma who will try to climb after the 3-2 first leg suffered. Montella will continue to deploy the 4-2-3-1 with Totti lone striker ready to serve as a finisher for placements of the various Vucinic, Taddei and Perrotta. Roma will have to play in attack and to seek precisely the goal. Shakhtar think that his DNA does not have the mentality of defense since the Brazilian players who have worn mostly in the offensive department to offend. At this point the possibility that we will see more goals and then choose the option over. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHHH :cow

ty dude, but no more money on internet.The situation here in France doesn't allow me to bet on international bookies. You have to bet on french legal bookmakers or where you buy tabacco. I will go tonight with: barca HT @ 1.6 shaktior @ 1.9 double with middle stack barca [-1] @ 1.65 shaktior [-1] @ 2.75 double with low stack May the luck be with us :hope
:nana:nana:nana

Roma +0.5 @ 2.15 :(
According to the BBC Football website, Roma were dominating, then missed a penalty, then had a man sent off, so it could easily have been very different. I think it's important to remember that a losing bet wasn't necessarily a bad one and a winning bet not necessarily a good one. I do think that was a good bet - sometimes you can just be unlucky. As an example of what I mean about winning bets not necessarily being good ones: If you bet £10 on Manchester United to beat Wigan at home at 1/7, and they win 1-0 with a disputed last-minute penalty, was it a 'good bet'?