** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Sparta Prague V Liverpool i think liverpool at 10/11 is very skinny. they have included 5 youth players in their squad and they will be missing gerrard (injured), suarez (cup tied), carroll (injured), agger (injured), poulsen (wife in labour). you can see frailties in the squad after the 1-1 draw with wigan at the weekend. in the europa group stages they failed to win away from home. (all draws). i know that was under roy hodgson and they have been rejuvenated under dalglish but its the same team minus the above players. sparta prague on the other hand are unbeaten at home in the europa group stages. the conditions will be below 0 at the stadium. they are second in the czech league and have won last 5 games scoring 11 and conceding 2. they are a solid team that i think liverpool will struggle to break down without gerrard. i think the draw no bet is outstanding value at 21/10 or lay liverpool at 2.06 sparta draw no bet 21/10 skybet lay liverpool 2.06 betfair gl all :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Liverpool (from): Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog. I expect Liverpool to field a relatively strong line up as they don't have another fixture until the return leg at Anfield in 7 days time! Liverpool have improved considerably recently and will probably want to try and win this game so they can field a 2nd string team in the return leg at Anfield so they can have a fit set of players for the next premier league fixture which will follow next weeks game on the sunday v West Ham. Sparta Prague have not played a competitive game since the last round in the europa league on the 15th December because of the winter break in the Czech Republic. Liverpool should be much sharper and are a better quality team. Liverpool Win!

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Privet!I am new at this blog! Basel v Spartak Moskva I am not know well Basel, but I talk about white-red team. I am a fanatik supporter of Spartak Moscow, member of "Fratria" group. I was one of supporters who caused problems in Zilina. Preview: I dont write much.. some facts here Spartak missing half of team its big blow, brasilians miss, attack poor, new player arrived in Tomsk Artem is good but tonight Spartak looks for counters and hes 194 cmm, not very fast. NOT AVAILABLE - Welliton (striker, 19 goals) - huge miss, Ari (strike 7 goals, 3 assists) - not so important ,Ibson (Midfield) - very important, Pareja and Parshivlyuk - defenders, second one is very important. We have left Alex and Kombarov, only - I think Karpin set for defense because there are not many options for attack - only two strikers available. Last time I bet on games my team get involved: Spartak v Marseille - CL - Marseille DNB @ 1.91 10/10 result 0-3 Won Zilina v Spartak - CL - Ibson score anytime @ 8.00 1/10 Won Zilina v Spartak - CL - Spartak score in both halves @ 3.60 1/10 Lost Later on odds on this bet will be 1,65-1.70. I think if draw I lose half? Basel -0.25 AH 4/10 @ 1.82 Betsson

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

@ aka haldan Fully agree on CL spot as main objective for both clubs. 3.000.000€ winner of Europa League. 20.000.000€ if manage to CL. However Napoli has enough depth to rotate and can wait Catania calmly. Hamsik most probably will stay on bench (unless things get ugly). Catania of Diego Simeone is simply a disaster right now. In the last game to Lecce, this team managed to win only in the end, thanks to Lodi (on two placed kicks), so no real trouble for Napoli on this front. At the moment Napoli can afford to itself the luxury of tasting Europe. Six points distance from Udinese of 5th place, so no worry of losing CL spot. And then Europa League is still producing money. 1.000.000€ from public at home games, 1/16 is 200.000€, 1/8 is 300.000€, 1/4 is 400.000€ and so on. If neccessary, then Mazzarri can always leave this competition and focus on Serie A. I don't want to play down Villareal, as I don't know good that reality, however look at away games in Europa League. 9 goals received in 5 games. Even one from Dnepr Mogolev, and this team was Italy Serie C material from what I saw... With 12 points, Villareal topped a group consisting of PAOK, Dinamo Zagreb and Club Brugge. They scored 8 and received 5 in the process, with 2 defeats away in Zagreb and Salonic. I now these results aren’t impressive at all, but, for me, they are just an indication of how much interest Villareal have put in this competition. As a matter of fact, you can say more unimpressive results were obtained by Napoli during the group stage, as they managed to get only 7 points, with only one win in extra time, and also with 8 goals scored and 9 received.

As I said in my previous post, I’m not a Villareal fan and I don’t say Napoli can’t win this match. Far from me these thoughts. I only tried to warn that, in reality, the Spanish team is not such a bad opposition. I believe details like motivation and confirmed line-ups will make the difference tonight. If I had to asses these things, I would wait for the game to begin, and then, maybe, take a shot in play.

Good luck, once again.

And a little bit off-topic. Cavani is good, but, for me, Lavezzi is just outstanding. I believe he is the heart of this team.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Great info KavkaZ. I had been looking for some way to get exposure to Basel making the running in this game. I considered the 8/13 (Hills) on them to get most corners, however with corners I am always wary that an early goal can change the whole dynamic of a game (i.e. team leading sit back for rest of the match and invite pressure). However I do not think that this is Basel's approach, and I think they would certainly go looking for a 2nd if they find themselves infront early. So going to go with them to have most corners in the 1st half. Basel Most 1st half corners - 5pts @17/20 (Hills) GL:hope

Lech Poznan - Braga Quick facts: Poznan temperature -2°C. At home Lech registered 3-1 to M.City, 2-0 to Salzburg, 1-1 to Juventus, some pretty considerable results I would say. Braga has 4 important missing: defender Paulao, captain Vandinho and Elderson in midfield, and also attacker Paulo Cesar. The negative fact is that Lech has been out of official games for two months due to winter break in Poland, and I don't know nothing about the present form or friendly games. Anyone from Poland can help with some views, I think Lech @ 2.30 is attractive enough to jump on.
Lech now is 11 in polish ligue but Lech in Europa Ligue is much better. It is a big mobilization in Poznan team for this mach. In friendly games coach has let played reserved players and test new settigs, but Lech won most of these games. Here you can find highlists from all of these maches: www.lechpoznan.tv Today in Poznan is cold and snowing, the field in stadium and grass is in very very bad condition. It will be a few centimeters of snow. For Lech it do not bother, they don't play technical footbal. It will be (only?) 30 000 supporters in stadium becaus of UEFA punish. Lech bought few nice players but sold his the best player Peszko (winger). Injac, very important player who had got injury now is ready to play. Rudnevs, the main striker of Lech is in high form, he shooted all 4 goals vs Juventus (hat trick in Italy), and many goals in sparings. Goal of the week by Rudnevs in one of last friendly games: youtube.com/watch?v=rKj2KKFjzRU&playnext=1&. The best bets for this match: Lech DNB 6/10 1,60 (bet365) Rudnevs score 2/10 3,00 (bet365) Arboleda score 0,5/10 9,50 (bet365) (Arboleda is defender, but offen join offensiva action, offen shots by head from set pices. value bet.) Stilic dont score 8/10 1,12 (unibet) (Stilic is midfiedter, he is very skilled technical player, but slow, not agressive, with very weak shoots (no power), in this weather i think its good pick)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Personally, I think Rangers are a little overpriced going into this game. I think we know how they are going to set out - to keep a clean sheet and then push on from there. They will start extremely defensively and look to take advantage as the game goes on. At 0-0 there is always a chance. I rate Sporting Lisbon as a little better than Buraspor and they have some very handy away form: of the last 6 away games they have won 4, drawn one and lost one, scoring 13 goals in the process. I'm sure Rangers will be respectful of this and I'll be happy to lay them now and back them again at a higher price.

On second thoughts' date=' I think you are right and Lille should be favourites, which they are, so I think the odds on the result are about right. I think there is some value in 'Under 2.5 goals' at around 1.8. Lille don't concede many at home and they don't score a lot either. I think both sides might be cautious and there is a good chance of under 2.5 goals.[/quote'] The thing is, with these 1st legs, an away goal can often turn into an over, as the home side cannot be satisfied with 1-1 (0-1 is terrible of course), and if they lead 2-0 the away side still have strong incentive to score, even if they cannot realistically hope to draw. On the other hand, if the away team doesn't score, the under is likely. Unfortunately, it is tough to say if Lille will keep a clean sheet or not. In other words, 1st legs are generally nervous games, and it can go either way. Lille has announced that EL is not their priority, which might well be a way to ease the pressure, but it is true they have a busy calendar and some of their best players will probably start on the bench. That being said, PSV must focus on Eredivisie too.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Napoli @ 2.40 pinnacle Like the form that Napoli has been building over the last few weeks as they have won 4 of their last 5 Serie A matches with a clean sheet in each of these wins. Cavani has been in great goal scoring form for them in these games, and with Villareal coming off successive 1-0 losses in the Primera Liga, they may be catching them at the right moment. Napoli beat Steaua Bucharest 1-0 at home while they drew 0-0 with Liverpool and Utrecht in their other two home games, so the defence was solid. Villareal beat Club Brugge 2-1 but lost 1-0 at PAOK and 2-0 at Dinamo Zagreb, so their is question marks with their away form in the EL. Liking the home form of Napoli to hold here Liverpool @ 2.10 pinnacle Liverpool's form has improved quite drammatically in the last month where they have managed 4 wins and 4 clean sheets to go with it before drawing 1-1 with Wigan. Though they did not play well, they have good reason to go into this game upbeat with the form they are in, and will field a similar side that started the Wigan game, with Ngog likely to come in for Suarez. They had 3 draws in their EL group games, with weakened teams, and though the likely team they field is slightly better than what they have showed previously, the fact that they are much more happier in their game, should be much more to their advantage. With Sparta Prague in their winter break and having played a series of friendlies, they will find it difficult to match up with an in form side like Liverpool.

@ mahno What about Besiktas - D. Kiev? I'm confident Besiktas will score in front of its fans. What can we expect from Dinamo, offensive or defensive play? I'm thinking about 2.5+.:ok
Hmmm,what can i say about this game?This is kind of tricky game.Price on Besiktas went from @2.1 to @2.5 wich is seems to be value now but i just don't truct them.They went crazy on transfer marker during winter break buying all the big names and it doesn't help them yet.They still strugle to win games in Turkis league.Gutty willl be available tonight,teams talisman and wBesiktas play better with him-he is defo a team leader.From otehr side we have Dynamo Kiev with coach Semin back.Dynamo K. looks orginized under Semin then it was with Gazaev.We have many young talented ukr.players there who can be a threat for any team.It's always hard to play in Turkey and i think this is 50/50 match with both teams looking for a goal.Both have good attacking players and offensive midfielders so yes,Jamaican i think overs is a good bet,but i will reinsure myself with both to score in case if the finish 1-1. Both teams to score @1.83 bet365 GL :ok Dynamo's possible line-up: --------------Shovkovsky----------- Silva----Usuf-----Mihalik----Almeyda Gusev--Vukoevich---Eremenko--Yarmolenko --------Shevchenko---Milevsky------

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Metalist v Leverkusen Another tricky game.Metalist did very well during winter transfers,now their attack looks even more dengerous.they had few frendlies with some random results while Leverkusen had few matches in Bundes now and should be more ready for this match.I like Metalist on double chance the there is few problems:Metalist's home form is not that good,they tend to play better away.Also they didn't have competatvie games in last couple of months so may look rusty.The good points are :cold weather and germans could rely more on return leg.seems like Leverkusen play with full squad.Not sure who is going to win but going with both to score since Metalist have shaky defence, but they also have good ofensive players that can score. Both to score @1.83 bet365 GL Metalis possible line-up: --------------------Dyshlenkovich-------------------- Vilyagra---Obradovich--Pshenychnyh---Romanchuk --------------Valyaev------Fininho------------------- Oleynik-----------Kleyton Xavier-----Tyson;)-------- ----------------------Kristaldo------------------------ Metalist missing players: Devich,Edmar,Bordian,Guye

:nana rubin 0 - 2 twente :dude
Only saw some of the game. From what I saw, Rubin had more of the game, so perhaps Twente were a bit lucky. Twente were defending for most of the first half, perhaps they went for goals more in the second. I'm sure that's the first time that Rubin have lost at 'home' in Europe for ages (although the game was actually played in Moscow). Obviously it will be very hard for Rubin now. You have to give credit to Twente for pulling off that result.

BJK-Kiev looks like a high-tension game to me. I wish b365 offered card markets for it - I'm falling back on the "home/away to score/miss a PK" bets (@8/9/23/26).
I'm leaving that game because it's too hard to call - two good sides, and I think the result could go any of the 3 ways.

Only saw some of the game. From what I saw' date=' Rubin had more of the game, so perhaps Twente were a bit lucky. Twente were defending for most of the first half, perhaps they went for goals more in the second. I'm sure that's the first time that Rubin have lost at 'home' in Europe for ages (although the game was actually played in Moscow). Obviously it will be very hard for Rubin now. You have to give credit to Twente for pulling off that result.[/quote'] your right, rubin controlled most of the game up until about 65mins but after that it was mostly Twente. Rubin unlucky not to have scored with Twente winning through 2 scrappy goals. Twente did play well in the end so yeh they are due credit :dude

Hmmm' date='what can i say about this game?This is kind of tricky game.Price on Besiktas went from @2.1 to @2.5 wich is seems to be value now but i just don't truct them.They went crazy on transfer marker during winter break buying all the big names and it doesn't help them yet.They still strugle to win games in Turkis league.Gutty willl be available tonight,teams talisman and wBesiktas play better with him-he is defo a team leader.From otehr side we have Dynamo Kiev with coach Semin back.Dynamo K. looks orginized under Semin then it was with Gazaev.We have many young talented ukr.players there who can be a threat for any team.It's always hard to play in Turkey and i think this is 50/50 match with both teams looking for a goal.Both have good attacking players and offensive midfielders so yes,[b']Jamaican i think overs is a good bet,but i will reinsure myself with both to score in case if the finish 1-1. Both teams to score @1.83 bet365 GL :ok Dynamo's possible line-up: --------------Shovkovsky----------- Silva----Usuf-----Almeida----Gusev Gusev--Vukoevich---Eremenko--Yarmolenko --------Shevchenko---Milevsky------
Both to score then, 1.90 @ William Hill. Let's hope good old Shevchenko has still some magic left:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Cavani to score @2.1 (b365) Napoli wins 2nd half @2.62 (x4) Tie in 2nd half @2.37 (x1) I expect Cavani the goal machine to score again tonite, and Villareal is no pushover so it might well be a late goal as Cavani is used to. I lose half stake if the 2nd half is a tie, and I get about @2 odds if Napoli takes it. Small stakes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February I have my doubts over Zenit. Indeed they are a class act and should be considered favourites to qualify but I fancy the chances of an upset today. Young Boys play on an artificial pitch which will play a part in the outcome and Zenit have only played 2 friendlies since their last competitive game on the 16th of December!! Over 2.5 goals looks nailed on with Zenit averaging 3 goals scored and 1 conceded per away game in the Europa League; Young Boys average over 3 goals scored and over 1 conceded per home game!! 10/11 offered by Coral looks tasty. My Bets: Young Boys v Zenit St. Petersburg: Young Boys @ 13/5 (BoyleSports) - 1pt Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 (Coral) - 3pts

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February like the look of metalist to win, going to take them to win by 2 goals at 10/1 they are a team that can score a lot of goals and are in pretty good form, although they havn't played a game since late november. Leverkusen missing Michael Ballack, Barnetta and #1 GK Giefer metalist won at home to sampdoria 2-1 and held them to a 0-0 draw away, this shows they have the ability to defend aswell as a great attacking presence which can be seen from the 5-0 win against debrecen. also boosts to their squad after some good transfers as mahno said. Metalist to win 11/5 4pts Metalist to win by 2 goals 10/1 3pts :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February I'm looking at having a Benfica- Basel double tonight as both are strong home teams against weakened opposition. Benfica have been hotly tipped on this thread already as they are playing a Stuttgart team badly out of shape. I would appreciate any more information on Basel as I do not know too much about them apart from their participation in this years champions league. I have seen the helpful post about the injuries for Spartak and the fact that Wellington is out is a huge plus for Basel. Lille were the other team I was considering but it is unclear whether they will play at full strength as the league has been suggested as been more important for them. Thanks all and happy punting!

like the look of metalist to win, going to take them to win by 2 goals at 10/1 they are a team that can score a lot of goals and are in pretty good form, although they havn't played a game since late november. Leverkusen missing Michael Ballack, Barnetta and #1 GK Giefer metalist won at home to sampdoria 2-1 and held them to a 0-0 draw away, this shows they have the ability to defend aswell as a great attacking presence which can be seen from the 5-0 win against debrecen. also boosts to their squad after some good transfers as mahno said.
I think Leverkusen have a strong defence. They conceded one goal in their three away group games ...

cavani first goal for napoli 5/1,great shout tonight,hes in hot form. also fancy zenit benfica lech poznan overs in sevilla porto ,pays out 13/1:hope
im with you on lech and benfica - be careful with zenit they aint played much - and young boys play on artificial

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Sparta Prag - Liverpool Selection Sparta Prag (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 17/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.97 Well i saw Sparta Prag and i can say that their game is not impressing,they are playing at home but The Reda are stronger team and with more quality players Liverpool is going to be a big threat to Sparta,just cant see Sparta doing something special to this Liverpool. So this is my solution.