** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February overs in zenit and young boys could be the safer bet than zenit win, i think both teams have covered the overs in all of their games so far, going to switch that to overs instead of zenit ein which gives odds of 10.5/1:hope

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Right, I've tidied the thread up and removed all the nonsense and insults. theshrew and arch - if you want to have an argument then take it somewhere else, as it won't be tolerated here on PL.
iv no problems with theshrew - specially if his tips come good :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Rarely post on this section but i thought id share what my picks are. Double - Napoli/Benfica - Clean sheet - 6/1 Skybet. Both home teams here tonight with a pretty decent defence. Napoli have only conceded 2 goals in the last 6 games and the same with Benfica in the last 6 games. Enough reason for me to go both here. Good luck.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 16-18-3 -3.75 units (47.05%) Young Boys +0.5 (-127) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Zenit is just too inconsistent for me. They've only played 3 games since the Premier League ended. Young Boys have been playing a bunch of friendles, and the Super League just started. I really think they outright win, but playing this one safe.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Weird line up from Leverkusen. Kissling,Schwaab,Rolfes,Castro on the bench?Are they not taking match seriously or think they can beat Metalist without them? Metalist has a bright start.Going in play Metalist DNB @2.25

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February i just stuck £20 on Leverkuson,Liverpool,Napoli,Benfica all to win at 15/1 my reasoning is * Leverkusen form in competition and league tells me they will be too strong for opposition *Napoli being a Liverpool fan,from recent games i know they have good options going forward and are flying in the league, Villarreal i think will struggle away tonight. *Liverpool i think the first half will be tight but i expect our fitness levels and quality to nick a goal or two second half * Benfica, Stuttgart are in a sticky period and Benfica are good at home i will probably lose but i got £200 for a arsenal bolton double last night so going for it :clap

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Napoli are up to 2nd in Serie A which will have them full of confidence. They have kept a clean sheet in all 4 home games in the Europa League this term and Villarreal are an inconsistent away side; their record in Italy reads W0 D2 L4. I do expect it to be a pretty tight affair so a small saver on a 1-0 scoreline might not be a bad idea. Under 2.5 goals looks on the cards, although it could be a risky call given that both Edinson Cavani & Giuseppe Rossi are amongst the competitions top scorer's! My Bets: Napoli v Villarreal: Napoli @ 7/5 (Victor Chandler) - 1pt Under 2.5 goals @ 4/5 (Totesport) - 3pts I'm also going for a treble: Napoli, Benfica & Young Boys @ 11/1 (StanJames) - 1pt Just a combination of my 2 running predictions with Benfica who are in a rich vein of form coming up against a struggling Stuttgart side who will be without Pogrebnyak!

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Sparta Prague-Liverpool Liverpool 5/4 b365 Liverpool are the team of the moment under Dagleish. Sparta on the other hand have not played a competetive fixture since mid December and have lost four of their last five friendly matches. Liverpool have a great European experience as does their manager. Sparta never have been a team to set the world alight in Europe, and the lack of recent competitive football seals it for me. Get on Liverpool!

Sparta Prague-Liverpool Liverpool 5/4 b365 Liverpool are the team of the moment under Dagleish. Sparta on the other hand have not played a competetive fixture since mid December and have lost four of their last five friendly matches. Liverpool have a great European experience as does their manager. Sparta never have been a team to set the world alight in Europe, and the lack of recent competitive football seals it for me. Get on Liverpool!
Liverpool don't look to have much attacking threat to me Suarez cup tied, Carroll injured, Torres left, Gerrard at home basically left to Ngog by the looks of things.. Reina, Jones, Gulacsi. Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Coady. Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Lucas, Jovanovic, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog. Under 2.5 goals looks the best bet on this one for me, Liverpool will be happy with a draw and get them back to Anfield for the second leg..

I've noticed smoething. in all the champions league and now europa league games' date=' the team that was favorite by the bookies didn't win. al the teams that won where underdogs, the other games where draws. leverkusen is the first favorite to win. a bit strange.[/quote'] no home teams have won this week...trend continues

I've noticed smoething. in all the champions league and now europa league games' date=' the team that was favorite by the bookies didn't win. al the teams that won where underdogs, the other games where draws. leverkusen is the first favorite to win. a bit strange.[/quote'] In that case, you know what to do - simply back all the outsiders at long odds and clean up ;) It might be that people underestimated the outsiders (Spurs, Arsenal, Aris, Shakhtar etc).

I would lay all western europe teams who play away in eastern europe. The weather will be brutal' date=also they will probably rely on second leg.
You were right about the cold weather - it's clearly freezing in eastern europe. But so far today, Twente and Leverkusen have won in the east.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February One for me. (4/10) Liverpool to bt. Sparta Prague @ 2.33 at Pinnacle The odds stopped rising and that is what I was waiting for. Sparta is a horrible team in my opinion, while Liverpool is able to play with teams like Chelsea and Manchester United on equal terms. Definitely value on Liverpool in my opinion. Not even the media here give Sparta much chance of getting anything, so the morale is not high.