** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Jumping on Man city.I know it's insane,they don't really play good away in europe but after i checked line-ups i couldn't resist. MANCHESTER CITY: Hart, Richards, Boateng, Toure, Kolarov, Barry, Toure Yaya, Wright-Phillips, Tevez, Silva, and Dzeko. Subs: Given, Kompany, Zabaleta, Lescott, Vieira, Jo, and Balotelli. I know aris will be hard to beat at home but hope City can make it. City to win @1.6 bet365 GL :ok
City fcuked it again.Well done Ares.should of go with unders.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most probable starting eleven: Aris: Sifakis; Lazaridis, Kouloucheris, Vangjeli, Michel; Prittas, Faty, Mendrinos, Toja; Koke, Cesarec Manchester City: Hart; Richards, Kompany, K Toure, Kolarov; Silva, Y Toure, Barry, Milner, Wright-Phillips; Tevez Strong lineups for both teams. I can't see any winner here: Aris has the 40 years record and City's target is Europa League trophy. Aris Salonika has a strong defense and shouldn't concede more than one goal. Both managers will be more careful in keeping a clean sheet in this first leg so we could see few goals. Aris(+1.0) @ 1.80 (8/10) bet365 Good luck!! :hope
:)

Aris 0-0 Man City Aris is remained without a coach, but brought some good players. The team played very aggressive at home and will try to continue the successful tradition in European matches. Citizens are definitely better team, but the question is whether they will be full motivated after losing in derby. Both teams would satisfy with a draw and worth a try... draw @3.96 5 Dimes 2/10 :clap
cheers :cheers

In their Europa League group games, Lille won 2 and lost 1 at home. PSV won 3 away - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League So I think the value is with PSV. Or possibly low goals, as Lille don't concede many, and neither do PSV.
Like I said, they beat Metalist and Debreceni, who are a class below Lille, with all due respect. True, they also beat Sampdoria, but thanks to a last-minute goal, and Sampdoria is having a poor season. On the other hand, so far they haven't been able to beat a team of the current top 5 in Eredivisie.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Tuesday night's European results: Europa League First Leg Aris Salonika 0 Man City 0 Champions League First Leg AC Milan 0 Tottenham 1 Valencia 1 Schalke 1 Obviously you can't necessarily predict on the basis of 3 results, but what stands out is the low number of goals - perhaps clubs are cautious in the first legs. I wonder whether there is some value in 'unders goals' for Thursday's Europa League first legs?

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Time of Rubin and Twente match has been changed to 14:00 local time due to cold weather.Also match will take place at Luzniki stadium in Moscow. I would lay all western europe teams who play away in eastern europe.The weather will be brutal,also they will probably rely on second leg.Also i don't think we will se many goals so unders would be a good choice too.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Rangers v Sporting Lisbon The unders screams out to me in this match as it often does with Rangers in Europe under Walter Smith. They will play 4-5-1 in all likelihood and the priority will be to keep a clean sheet and I think they would be content with a 0-0, although a victory will obviously be more desirable. In their run up to and including the final a few years ago, amazingly every game went under 2.5 goals. 10 of the 14 games in europe since that run have went under also. Much of the personnel is the same and the tactics certainly will be. Selection Under 2.5 goals @ 1.73 with Betfair - 6 units

Tuesday night's European results: Europa League First Leg Aris Salonika 0 Man City 0 Champions League First Leg AC Milan 0 Tottenham 1 Valencia 1 Schalke 1 Obviously you can't necessarily predict on the basis of 3 results, but what stands out is the low number of goals - perhaps clubs are cautious in the first legs. I wonder whether there is some value in 'unders goals' for Thursday's Europa League first legs?
Wednesday night's (Champions League) first leg results: Arsenal 2 Barcelona 1 Roma 2 Shakhtar Donetsk 3 Over 2.5 goals in these two games ;)

Like I said' date=' they beat Metalist and Debreceni, who are a class below Lille, with all due respect. True, they also beat Sampdoria, but thanks to a last-minute goal, and Sampdoria is having a poor season. On the other hand, so far they haven't been able to beat a team of the current top 5 in Eredivisie.[/quote'] On second thoughts, I think you are right and Lille should be favourites, which they are, so I think the odds on the result are about right. I think there is some value in 'Under 2.5 goals' at around 1.8. Lille don't concede many at home and they don't score a lot either. I think both sides might be cautious and there is a good chance of under 2.5 goals.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Napoli - Villareal Teams in opposite directions, Napoli hammering Roma by 2-0, Villaeal losing to mediocre Levante and Deportivo la Coruna. Napoli is passing the best form of the season right now. On news, three possible changes to the first formation; Cribari to substitute the banned Cannavaro in defense, Yebda in midfield, and Mascara to replace Hamsik. So Napoli attack should see Mascara-Lavezzi behind Cavani, and that's still a fearsome line. I think Villareal same as the other spanish clubs (not seen too much of this club, any help will be appreciated), keep the ball as much as possible and improvise suddenly some dangerous verticalizations. Mazzarri's defense of three will have to do some extra-work if that's the case. However spanish coach has declared that his team is in crisis, not only on results, but game as well. Napoli @ 2.15 William Hill medium stake

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon The unders screams out to me in this match as it often does with Rangers in Europe under Walter Smith. They will play 4-5-1 in all likelihood and the priority will be to keep a clean sheet and I think they would be content with a 0-0, although a victory will obviously be more desirable. In their run up to and including the final a few years ago, amazingly every game went under 2.5 goals. 10 of the 14 games in europe since that run have went under also. Much of the personnel is the same and the tactics certainly will be. Selection Under 2.5 goals @ 1.73 with Betfair - 6 units
Rangers home Champions League Group Games: Rangers 1 Bursaspor 0 Rangers 0 Man United 1 Rangers 1 Valencia 1 Sporting Lisbon are a powerful attacking team and their away group games were: Gent 3 Sporting 1 Levski Sofia 1 Sporting 0 Lille 1 Sporting 2 On balance, I think the under 2.5 is good value as Rangers will probably be cautious.

Time of Rubin and Twente match has been changed to 14:00 local time due to cold weather.Also match will take place at Luzniki stadium in Moscow. I would lay all western europe teams who play away in eastern europe.The weather will be brutal,also they will probably rely on second leg.Also i don't think we will se many goals so unders would be a good choice too.
Certainly think unders is a good call in this one, the weather is obviously a fair factor to consider but Twente have been a bit suspect in the league all season struggling to beat anyone convincingly, Rubin will obviously be a bit rusty (just like Shakhtar tonight!) and not used to the pitch, Twente cetainly wont be used to an artificial surface..Ryazantsev and Sharonov are not available but are hardly regulars from what I can see, havent found any real team news for Twente guessing Janko (21/14) is still unavailable though after his recent injury. They haven't been knocking in the goals lately and a low scoring win either way wouldn't be surprising, think the 1X2 market is hard to call.. Good chance this game won't be going ahead anyway if the rumoured -25 degree temperatures occur, the stadium is apparently designed to be 3 degrees higher inside than out but the conditions still have to be warm enough for the players to take the pitch, Twente have simply said the conditions will be the same for both teams which is obviously true but Rubin will obviously be more used to them and expect Twente would be more than happy to leave with a draw. The odds are terrible though and I'm not sure if there is any value even if the outcome is likely.. Under 2.5 1.66 (various) First goal time - over 31mins 2.1 (hills)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Lech Poznan - Braga Quick facts: Poznan temperature -2°C. At home Lech registered 3-1 to M.City, 2-0 to Salzburg, 1-1 to Juventus, some pretty considerable results I would say. Braga has 4 important missing: defender Paulao, captain Vandinho and Elderson in midfield, and also attacker Paulo Cesar. The negative fact is that Lech has been out of official games for two months due to winter break in Poland, and I don't know nothing about the present form or friendly games. Anyone from Poland can help with some views, I think Lech @ 2.30 is attractive enough to jump on.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Under 2.5 value? Looking at tomorrow's games (Thursday 17th Feb), I have shortlisted nine of the sixteen games where 'under 2.5 goals' might be good value, and would be interested in any comments ;) I am quoting under 2.5 odds from Bet 365. Better odds may well be available. FC Metalist Kharkiv v Bayer Leverkusen 3/4 BATE Borisov v PSG 7/10 Benfica v VfB Stuttgart 1/1 Lech Poznan v Braga 13/20 Napoli v Villarreal 4/5 Rubin Kazan v FC Twente 8/13 PAOK Salonika v CSKA Moscow 13/20 Rangers v Sporting 7/10 Sparta Prague v Liverpool 13/20 I don't have time to go into detail on every game at the moment. The reason for choosing the above games is based on 1. The teams' records (home or away as applicable) in the group stages of the Europa League or Champions League - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Champions_League 2. Gut feeling about how the two teams will match up against each other and whether it will be a defensive game. Comments welcome :drums ...

Lech Poznan - Braga Quick facts: Poznan temperature -2°C. At home Lech registered 3-1 to M.City, 2-0 to Salzburg, 1-1 to Juventus, some pretty considerable results I would say. Braga has 4 important missing: defender Paulao, captain Vandinho and Elderson in midfield, and also attacker Paulo Cesar. The negative fact is that Lech has been out of official games for two months due to winter break in Poland, and I don't know nothing about the present form or friendly games. Anyone from Poland can help with some views, I think Lech @ 2.30 is attractive enough to jump on.
'Only few know what to expect from the side that played all of their friendly games abroad during winter camps and obtained a mixed bag of results. In most recent matches they lost to Litex Lovech but won against Olimpija Ljubljana and in earlier games Rudnevs and new striker Vojo Ubiparip especially performed well, both notching a few goals. To be honest, their last few test games were hit by many call-ups for international duty so it’s hard to predict anything from the side.' Thats from Michal Zachodny who runs a Polish football blog, and probably won't help you too much :lol..I'm not going to get too hung up by friendly/training camp results by sides who have been on an extended winter break/pre season, they wont really tell you a lot because the sides are so mixed..This is obviously breaking new ground for Lech as they havent really got much experience of this stage of a european comp but as I put earlier Braga were distinctly unimpressive at the weekend although they were obviously playing one of the better sides around in Porto. No bet for me as I know little about the sides, good luck.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February MANZANO: "I HOPE WE CAN RE-FIND OURSELVES WITH THE HELP OF KANOUTÉ" Wednesday, 16 February 2011 Gregorio Manzano commented this afternoon in the usually press ring before the European games. The coach among other things talked about the presence of Kanouté in the eleven that will face Porto, he told of how Kanouté is the leader that has to take Sevilla to triumph: “It is certain that we have some players more confident than others but the most important if you asked me is Kanouté, he will be in the starting line up I hope that tomorrow will be a night where we can see the great Kanouté with the rest of his team-mates.”Saying this, he stated the match is, “important and a big competition where I think that we could qualify then playing Dortmund. Porto are having a good season and Seville although the domestic league is bad have hopes and possibilities in the Europa League.”Manzano underlined the potential of Porto and that some people may consider them favourites but Seville have their options: “I think that the tie doesn’t have a favourite. In the statistics Porto are having a better season than us but if everyone had to choose teams to go through to the nest round both ourselves and Porto would be chosen. We are capable of winning, with our fans, perhaps the match may go in our favour.”Furthermore, he stated how he was happy that the first leg of the tie is going to held at the Sánchez Pizjuán. According to the coach, it’s something that will help the team: “You never know truly if the matches are better to have at home first or away, it could go either way. I think at this point we find ourselves playing better at home, therefore having the first leg here is positive for us.”Also, he said, “When there is a competitive match in Europe past matches count for nothing. Yesterday, Schalke, who are not doing very well in the German League, played very well against Valencia who are doing very well in the Spanish League.”Finally, about Porto he said that, “They are a strong team in defence with good centre midfielders and very fast players in attack.” http://www.12bet.com/ CSKA+Moscow+v+Sevilla+UEFA+Champions+League+8lU9s8tf9Bwl.jpg

Napoli - Villareal Teams in opposite directions, Napoli hammering Roma by 2-0, Villaeal losing to mediocre Levante and Deportivo la Coruna. Napoli is passing the best form of the season right now. On news, three possible changes to the first formation; Cribari to substitute the banned Cannavaro in defense, Yebda in midfield, and Mascara to replace Hamsik. So Napoli attack should see Mascara-Lavezzi behind Cavani, and that's still a fearsome line. I think Villareal same as the other spanish clubs (not seen too much of this club, any help will be appreciated), keep the ball as much as possible and improvise suddenly some dangerous verticalizations. Mazzarri's defense of three will have to do some extra-work if that's the case. However spanish coach has declared that his team is in crisis, not only on results, but game as well. Napoli @ 2.15 William Hill medium stake
First of all and most important, I think Villareal is, at least, at same level with Napoli (I’m not a fan of any of them, and I also watched both teams pretty much this season). From my point of view, Villareal is currently the best La Liga team, if we don’t take into consideration the 2 giants. Regarding the last 2 defeats in championship, I won’t pay too much attention. ;) They were “predictable”, given the special circumstances for each of them (I took myself some live bets on Levante and La Coruna on those occasions, after it was obvious, at least for me, that Villareal would not win the matches).

Now, Villareal’s best weapon is the attack. Their force resembles in the midfield and the striking pair, all being able to develop a high tempo, combined with great individual skills and game vision. Regarding the flanks, the left one is preferred for the attacks (Cazorla, helped by Capdevila). Usually, Garido uses a 4-4-2 formula, any alterations being an indication for different tactical intentions (for instance, against la Coruna, he opted for 4-2-3-1, which led to a more defensive display, a “strange" decision, given the opponents’ well known impotence in attack, and their heavy reliance on defense; as a matter of fact, that was the reason for taking La Coruna, as it became clear that Garido’s intentions to push on attack were, let’s say, “doubtful”). From middle to attack, the standard formula contains Cani, Bruno, Borja, Cazorla, Rossi and Nilmar. This is Villareal’s force. Their vulnerable compartment is the defense, especially as Gonzalo hasn’t got yet a stable partener in the central area, plus the regular right defender is injured and his replacements are not at his level.

I didn’t read the teams news or any other stories regarding this encounter, and I will not do it, for the simple reason I won’t risk my money on an Europa League match, between 2 sides that made their primarily target the internal competition (a Champions League spot, more precisely), so they won’t be prepared (mentally at least) to give 100% on the field. There is also the fatigue issue, which combined with the relatively limited squads, could lead to some turn-overs, and so on...

Anyway, these are my very own standards, so given the fact I will only enjoy watching the match, I wish you good luck with your bet. :ok

Lech Poznan - Braga Quick facts: Poznan temperature -2°C. At home Lech registered 3-1 to M.City, 2-0 to Salzburg, 1-1 to Juventus, some pretty considerable results I would say. Braga has 4 important missing: defender Paulao, captain Vandinho and Elderson in midfield, and also attacker Paulo Cesar. The negative fact is that Lech has been out of official games for two months due to winter break in Poland, and I don't know nothing about the present form or friendly games. Anyone from Poland can help with some views, I think Lech @ 2.30 is attractive enough to jump on.
Lech are strong at home, and won 2 and drew 1 of their three group games. Braga are poor travellers in Europe, so odds of 2.3 on Lech are too good, I think :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February @ aka haldan Fully agree on CL spot as main objective for both clubs. 3.000.000€ winner of Europa League. 20.000.000€ if manage to CL. However Napoli has enough depth to rotate and can wait Catania calmly. Hamsik most probably will stay on bench (unless things get ugly). Catania of Diego Simeone is simply a disaster right now. In the last game to Lecce, this team managed to win only in the end, thanks to Lodi (on two placed kicks), so no real trouble for Napoli on this front. At the moment Napoli can afford to itself the luxury of tasting Europe. Six points distance from Udinese of 5th place, so no worry of losing CL spot. And then Europa League is still producing money. 1.000.000€ from public at home games, 1/16 is 200.000€, 1/8 is 300.000€, 1/4 is 400.000€ and so on. If neccessary, then Mazzarri can always leave this competition and focus on Serie A. I don't want to play down Villareal, as I don't know good that reality, however look at away games in Europa League. 9 goals received in 5 games. Even one from Dnepr Mogolev, and this team was Italy Serie C material from what I saw. @ Hastgill I saw Juventus 3-3 Lech, and guess what, at '30 was Juve 0-2 Lech. Goal away to M. City and win away to Salzburg. Only once lost in EL this season, away to M.City. This team doesn't wait 2nd half to study and then play. Lech goes immediately on action. Braga is scary only because of the last season's name. Some cover then, since I'm considering the break. Lech (-0.25) @ 1.98 Bet365 low-middle stake

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Also thinking sevilla-porto will be over 2,5 game, sevilla will try to win this in front of their crowd, can see open game; saw sevilla once, their defenders often give a lot of free space and porto should punish them very easily

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February :spankgood night to ye all good sir's,have an awful mouldy head on me from all the bloody horses today and whiskeys good sirs.:drums:puke i'm goina lump 750 haypenny's on rangers -2 and liverpool -2 tomorrow night good sir's. 87,750 return's to the pockets:dude i'll be off to vegas friday people with the pockets bulging,wish me well for the future:gimme:beer

Aris Salonika v Man City Man City @ 1.67 Sportsbet I’ll be backing the away side here, I understand that the price is a tad short, but I’ll happily back them at medium stakes. When you consider who Manchester City are as a club these days, and the squad they are taking to Greece, it’s hard to believe anything but a win would be acceptable in this fixture. If Manchester City want to be taken serious in world football, and justify the hundreds of millions of dollars they have spent, then I dare say they must beat teams like this. Squad (Provided by BBC Football): Hart, Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Boateng, K Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Lescott, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Y Toure, Silva, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, M Johnson I’m not very familiar with Aris Salonika to be honest, so I can’t comment too much on them. I have however spent a small amount of time researching them (out of pure footballing curiosity!). They have a 40-year unbeaten record at home in European competition and their Europa League form has been solid in recent times, with wins over champions Atletico Madrid (twice), Rosenborg and a draw with Bayer Leverkusen. Not bad reading for the home side, but they are facing a completely different proposition in Manchester City. A side that has players with enormous talent (Balotelli, Dezeko, Silva), players with plenty of European experience (Toure, Tevez, Vieira), and ambition to win everything that’s out there. If anything I feel like I’ve just made a decent case for Aris Salonika to get something out of the game, but I’m sticking with City, I think they’ll produce the goods and get an away victory.
:@ That'll teach me for following gut instinct on Man City away from home. I'll just have to make my money back in the return leg!