** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Ok,boys... 2 bets so far... Benfica @1.6 and Lech @2.20 singles bet365 Why?Simples... Stuttgart and Braga are in deep shite lately.Braga sold alot of players but didn't buy anything,they keep loosing games at home and away.Looks like Stuttgart will be playing in BundesLiga 2 next season.Players just don't give a fcuk about club anymore.They can't even win game at home. Benfica at home are just unstopable,they score alot and win alot.Lech had long break but usually always get some sneaky 1-0 win at home.I mean Braga's morale is very low and they don't have quality players to outcome Lech.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February 2 more bets i was thinking about....Metalist and Dynamo on + handicap...but not sure yet.I mean...Yes,Besiktas bought some good players...and?They keep loosing matches...without Gutti Besiktas is helpless...If Gutti won't play then Besiktas has no chance against Dynamo Kiev. Metalist bought 2 very good players from Argentina,plus Leverkusen already sh*t themselfs over cold weather in Ukraine.The problem is Metalist plays better away then at home...I have to think a bit about those 2 matches....

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Aris Salonika v Man City Man City @ 1.67 Sportsbet I’ll be backing the away side here, I understand that the price is a tad short, but I’ll happily back them at medium stakes. When you consider who Manchester City are as a club these days, and the squad they are taking to Greece, it’s hard to believe anything but a win would be acceptable in this fixture. If Manchester City want to be taken serious in world football, and justify the hundreds of millions of dollars they have spent, then I dare say they must beat teams like this. Squad (Provided by BBC Football): Hart, Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Boateng, K Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Lescott, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Y Toure, Silva, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, M Johnson I’m not very familiar with Aris Salonika to be honest, so I can’t comment too much on them. I have however spent a small amount of time researching them (out of pure footballing curiosity!). They have a 40-year unbeaten record at home in European competition and their Europa League form has been solid in recent times, with wins over champions Atletico Madrid (twice), Rosenborg and a draw with Bayer Leverkusen. Not bad reading for the home side, but they are facing a completely different proposition in Manchester City. A side that has players with enormous talent (Balotelli, Dezeko, Silva), players with plenty of European experience (Toure, Tevez, Vieira), and ambition to win everything that’s out there. If anything I feel like I’ve just made a decent case for Aris Salonika to get something out of the game, but I’m sticking with City, I think they’ll produce the goods and get an away victory.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February

Aris Salonika v Man City Man City @ 1.67 Sportsbet I’ll be backing the away side here, I understand that the price is a tad short, but I’ll happily back them at medium stakes. When you consider who Manchester City are as a club these days, and the squad they are taking to Greece, it’s hard to believe anything but a win would be acceptable in this fixture. If Manchester City want to be taken serious in world football, and justify the hundreds of millions of dollars they have spent, then I dare say they must beat teams like this. Squad (Provided by BBC Football): Hart, Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Boateng, K Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Lescott, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Y Toure, Silva, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, M Johnson I’m not very familiar with Aris Salonika to be honest, so I can’t comment too much on them. I have however spent a small amount of time researching them (out of pure footballing curiosity!). They have a 40-year unbeaten record at home in European competition and their Europa League form has been solid in recent times, with wins over champions Atletico Madrid (twice), Rosenborg and a draw with Bayer Leverkusen. Not bad reading for the home side, but they are facing a completely different proposition in Manchester City. A side that has players with enormous talent (Balotelli, Dezeko, Silva), players with plenty of European experience (Toure, Tevez, Vieira), and ambition to win everything that’s out there. If anything I feel like I’ve just made a decent case for Aris Salonika to get something out of the game, but I’m sticking with City, I think they’ll produce the goods and get an away victory.
Aris hasn't lost any european home match in the last 40 years(24 matches).So I wouldn't touch City with this odds.ALthough Aris' number 1 keeper is questionable.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Benfica should really win this match.Their squad is better and Stuttgart is really poor,especially away from home.They lost 1-4 at home to Nurnberg and there are a few players out with injuries. Benfica 1 1,60 betclic 8pts Benfica HC1 (0:1) 2,63 sportingbet 3pts[/b

Tuesday 15 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aris Thessaloniki v Manchester City (17:00 GMT) 6.88 4.01 1.66 99.47 %
Thursday 17 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Anderlecht v Ajax (18:00 GMT) 2.5 3.55 3 101.50 %
maximize.gif Benfica v VfB Stuttgart (18:00 GMT) 1.62 4.2 6.4 101.16 %
maximize.gif Besiktas JK v Dynamo Kyiv (18:00 GMT) 2.36 3.4 3.35 101.64 %
maximize.gif FC BATE Borisov v Paris Saint-Germain (18:00 GMT) 3.55 3.4 2.28 101.44 %
maximize.gif Lech Poznan v Sporting de Braga (18:00 GMT) 2.38 3.35 3.38 101.45 %
maximize.gif Napoli v Villarreal (18:00 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.7 101.05 %
maximize.gif Rubin Kazan v FC Twente (18:00 GMT) 2.18 3.4 4 100.28 %
maximize.gif AC Sparta Praha v Liverpool (20:05 GMT) 4.6 3.6 1.97 100.28 %
maximize.gif BSC Young Boys v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (20:05 GMT) 3.8 3.5 2.15 101.40 %
maximize.gif FC Basel v Spartak Moscow (20:05 GMT) 2.26 3.5 3.55 100.99 %
maximize.gif Lille OSC v PSV Eindhoven (20:05 GMT) 2.06 3.58 4.02 101.35 %
maximize.gif Metalist Kharkiv v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (20:05 GMT) 3.75 3.45 2.19 101.31 %
maximize.gif PAOK v CSKA Moscow (20:05 GMT) 3.88 3.45 2.18 100.63 %
maximize.gif Rangers v Sporting CP (20:05 GMT) 2.56 3.4 3.1 100.73 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v FC Porto (20:05 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3.1 101.67 %

If Manchester City want to be taken serious in world football, and justify the hundreds of millions of dollars they have spent, then I dare say they must beat teams like this.
Yeah, they've got a great squad, but gambling surely isn't that easy, is it? Don't forget they've already lost to Lech Poznan away in the Europa League despite the huge differences in squads. And also there might not be that great a desire to win the away leg straight out when they can take them back home and probably trash them three or four nil. On the opposite side, if we're saying Aris are unbeaten at home in European competition for forty years we have to look at who they've faced. Also, Aris aren't a regular European side and don't participate year on year. They only competed five times in European competition during the 2000s, and only twice during the 90s. So, is it really fair to say they are strong home side when over half the data used is taken from over twenty years ago when European competitions were notably weaker. I'd say their biggest season in Europe in the last twenty years has been this season when they beat Atletico Madrid at home. But even then I seem to remember Atletico not having the best of seasons. Overall, I think the City win will come dependant on how much they want the first leg away win. I'm not particularly confident at 1.67 of their desire to see through a win. The draw might be a possibility as it suits City.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Aris Salonika - Man City under 2.5 @ 1.74 pinnacle Aris have been strong at home this season, having beaten Rosenborg 2-0, drawing 0-0 with Bayer Leverkusen and beating Atletico Madrid 1-0. While they have done well against these teams they do face their toughest test here with a talent laden squad that Man City has. However, City's form on the road in the EL has been ok, as they have drawn 1-1 at Juventus, lost 3-1 at Lech Poznan and won 2-0 at Salzburg, so Aris will like their chances against them. Also expect Mancini to be conservative as usual when he plays on the road, and will look forward to the return trip where they are much harder to beat. Aris too, will have much respect for their opponents given the calibre of players they are up against, so they will look to play it tight and not concede an away goal, which will make their task of going through much harder. Liking this to be a low scoring game

@ Jase You think S. Wright-Phillips can score today? The guy is given @ 5.00 on StanJames. What is form of lately? With Adam Johnson out, he can have some more motivation to regain his place?
I'm not a City fan for the record, but I'll give my unbiased view. Depends on whether we see City scoring too many or not. Aris historically (I use historically very very loosely as we know they don't have a huge amount of it ;)) have managed to keep games fairly tight at home in European competitons. This season for instance they only condeded two goals, in one fixture out of five at home so far. So, it's a tough one as to whether City will be inclined to really go for the win, or whether Aris can keep it tight and nick a 1-1 or something. Shaun Wright-Phillips hasn't scored this season yet, so whether he will tonight is down to the toss of a coin.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Most probable starting eleven: Aris: Sifakis; Lazaridis, Kouloucheris, Vangjeli, Michel; Prittas, Faty, Mendrinos, Toja; Koke, Cesarec Manchester City: Hart; Richards, Kompany, K Toure, Kolarov; Silva, Y Toure, Barry, Milner, Wright-Phillips; Tevez Strong lineups for both teams. I can't see any winner here: Aris has the 40 years record and City's target is Europa League trophy. Aris Salonika has a strong defense and shouldn't concede more than one goal. Both managers will be more careful in keeping a clean sheet in this first leg so we could see few goals. Aris(+1.0) @ 1.80 (8/10) bet365 Good luck!! :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Aris v Man City Aris is remained without a coach, but brought some good players. The team played very aggressive at home and will try to continue the successful tradition in European matches. Citizens are definitely better team, but the question is whether they will be full motivated after losing in derby. Both teams would satisfy with a draw and worth a try... draw @3.96 5 Dimes 2/10

Yeah, they've got a great squad, but gambling surely isn't that easy, is it? Don't forget they've already lost to Lech Poznan away in the Europa League despite the huge differences in squads. And also there might not be that great a desire to win the away leg straight out when they can take them back home and probably trash them three or four nil. On the opposite side, if we're saying Aris are unbeaten at home in European competition for forty years we have to look at who they've faced. Also, Aris aren't a regular European side and don't participate year on year. They only competed five times in European competition during the 2000s, and only twice during the 90s. So, is it really fair to say they are strong home side when over half the data used is taken from over twenty years ago when European competitions were notably weaker. I'd say their biggest season in Europe in the last twenty years has been this season when they beat Atletico Madrid at home. But even then I seem to remember Atletico not having the best of seasons. Overall, I think the City win will come dependant on how much they want the first leg away win. I'm not particularly confident at 1.67 of their desire to see through a win. The draw might be a possibility as it suits City.
Yep gambling certainly isn't that easy. Fair points mate. I generally avoid short odds like this on an away side, but I guess I'm confident in City for this one :ok

Aris Salonika - Man City under 2.5 @ 1.74 pinnacle Aris have been strong at home this season, having beaten Rosenborg 2-0, drawing 0-0 with Bayer Leverkusen and beating Atletico Madrid 1-0. While they have done well against these teams they do face their toughest test here with a talent laden squad that Man City has. However, City's form on the road in the EL has been ok, as they have drawn 1-1 at Juventus, lost 3-1 at Lech Poznan and won 2-0 at Salzburg, so Aris will like their chances against them. Also expect Mancini to be conservative as usual when he plays on the road, and will look forward to the return trip where they are much harder to beat. Aris too, will have much respect for their opponents given the calibre of players they are up against, so they will look to play it tight and not concede an away goal, which will make their task of going through much harder. Liking this to be a low scoring game
Under 2.5 goals seems to make more sense than backing a result in this game ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February I fancy Lille @2.05 (b365): they're in great form, Gervinho/Hazard/Sow/Montano/Mavuba are good and dangerous players, they are used to Europa League, and they rarely lose at home (they beat Fener and Liverpool last year). PSV do well in Eredivisie too, but they have W0-D3-L2 vs top 5. In EL, they met clubs like Debreceni and Metalist - they sent Sampdoria off, but in a pretty lucky way. They thrashed AZ last week, but the latter are in a bad streak, and PSV lost home to ADO the game before, and they even scratched a last-minute win vs the weak Willem II the preceding week.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February team news on Stuttgart !!! Ciprian Marica is sacked from training and is no longer a player for VFB :))) :nana http://www.sport.de/medien/1373f-0-52f1-12/vfb-schliesst-marica-vom-mannschaftstraining-aus.html and there was an incident between keeper Ulreich and P.Degen... which proofs that Stuttgart is in bad shape... http://www.sport.de/cms/fussball/bundesliga-1/news-liga1/stuttgart-spezial.html?&startid=635470 Benfica looks tasty and im even considering the 0:1 handicap... there is no team spirit involved in Vfb and Benfica will be a tough oponent to beat :ok Gl to you all !!!

team news on Stuttgart !!! Ciprian Marica is sacked from training and is no longer a player for VFB :))) :nana http://www.sport.de/medien/1373f-0-52f1-12/vfb-schliesst-marica-vom-mannschaftstraining-aus.html and there was an incident between keeper Ulreich and P.Degen... which proofs that Stuttgart is in bad shape... http://www.sport.de/cms/fussball/bundesliga-1/news-liga1/stuttgart-spezial.html?&startid=635470 Benfica looks tasty and im even considering the 0:1 handicap... there is no team spirit involved in Vfb and Benfica will be a tough oponent to beat :ok Gl to you all !!!
Marica was asking to transfer him to anotehr club long time ago coz he didn't play alot for Stuttgart,so he was pissed off about it.fair enough,i think he is a good player.Hope Stuttgart will go down to BundesLiga 2,don't really like this club.

Marica was asking to transfer him to anotehr club long time ago coz he didn't play alot for Stuttgart' date='so he was pissed off about it.fair enough,i think he is a good player.Hope Stuttgart will go down to BundesLiga 2,don't really like this club.[/quote'] completely agree with you... just wanted to point out, that Stuttgart is of their good game ( long gone ) and the matters are even worse... Benfica looks like a solid side and i find it accurate to say, that they are highly motivated for this match... i hav found banfica on handicap for 2,55 with a local bookie and i consider it as a huge value :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Jumping on Man city.I know it's insane,they don't really play good away in europe but after i checked line-ups i couldn't resist. MANCHESTER CITY: Hart, Richards, Boateng, Toure, Kolarov, Barry, Toure Yaya, Wright-Phillips, Tevez, Silva, and Dzeko. Subs: Given, Kompany, Zabaleta, Lescott, Vieira, Jo, and Balotelli. I know aris will be hard to beat at home but hope City can make it. City to win @1.6 bet365 GL :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February man city looks a steal at 1.6, aris play in a much weaker league and are not getting good results. they dont seem to be any stronger at home than away but europa could be a different story. man city can play football, not to the best of the players abilities but looks like they will be fielding strongest team, cant see anything other than man city winning by at least 2 goals. was thinking man city -1 and -2 too late now though... anyone know if you can bet in play in Ladbrokes shops?

completely agree with you... just wanted to point out' date=' that Stuttgart is of their good game ( long gone ) and the matters are even worse... Benfica looks like a solid side and i find it accurate to say, that they are highly motivated for this match... i hav found banfica on handicap for 2,55 with a local bookie and i consider it as a huge value :)[/quote'] Benfica look awesome at home at the minute, got more about them than Porto atm not sure they can make up the required number of points though..I'm very tempted to back Benfica, they should have won about 8-0 last game against one of the better sides in the Portuguese league Victoria Guimanares but had to settle for 3-0..hit the post, hit the bar, had two goals disallowed (one for nothing that I could see) and missed a penalty, all in all very comprehensive.. If I was to go for a side on Thurs it would prob be Benfica, but there is this little voice in my head that keeps saying 'don't do it you twat, they are playing the Germans!', I don't know much about Stuttgart but I do know they are a side that is traditionally stronger after the winter break but the results since Christmas have been nothing spectacular. I will say that I would consider Benfica to be very much a side in form currently.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Benfica HT @2.1 (b365): Benfica is in good form as it has been said, while VfB stands in 17th position of Bundesliga, with a W1-D1-L5 vs top 5, and W1-D3-L6 on the road. Benfica can play quite well, eg. when they destroyed Lyon, but they are prone to screwing up games that they should win comfortably (eg. same game vs Lyon). They generally score pretty fast, whereas VfB concede the most goals before 30'. I think they will start the game well and score before HT - VfB might equalize in 2nd half, or not.

I fancy Lille @2.05 (b365): they're in great form, Gervinho/Hazard/Sow/Montano/Mavuba are good and dangerous players, they are used to Europa League, and they rarely lose at home (they beat Fener and Liverpool last year). PSV do well in Eredivisie too, but they have W0-D3-L2 vs top 5. In EL, they met clubs like Debreceni and Metalist - they sent Sampdoria off, but in a pretty lucky way. They thrashed AZ last week, but the latter are in a bad streak, and PSV lost home to ADO the game before, and they even scratched a last-minute win vs the weak Willem II the preceding week.
In their Europa League group games, Lille won 2 and lost 1 at home. PSV won 3 away - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League So I think the value is with PSV. Or possibly low goals, as Lille don't concede many, and neither do PSV.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15th-17th February Team news for Stuttgart: Marica is suspended because the coach Labbadia thinks that the striker is not giving everything he has for the club.Aonther striker,Pogrebnyak is out due to an injury (broken rib).Despite that,keeper Ulreich called Degen **** swiss during training. So there are many problems at Stuttgart which should be very good for Benfica.

Team news for Stuttgart: Marica is suspended because the coach Labbadia thinks that the striker is not giving everything he has for the club.Aonther striker,Pogrebnyak is out due to an injury (broken rib).Despite that,keeper Ulreich called Degen **** swiss during training. So there are many problems at Stuttgart which should be very good for Benfica.
look few posts up the thread :) :ok have mentioned that ...:)