UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

AC Milan - Tottenham under 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Milan are favoured to win this game because they have the quality in the forward line with Pato, Ibrahimovic and Robinho. Spurs have struggled on the road in the CL group games, and will not be looking to allow a repeat of their last visit to the San Siro where they were down 3-0 early on, only to make a great late fight back to lose 4-3. Expect them to try and play it tight, and with two centre midfielders (Sandro and Palacios) who are more defence minded, they lack creativity to expose Milan. Lennon and Kranjcar will be the ones who they will depend on to create something, but Spurs really need Modric, Bale and van der Vaart to do that for them. With these three key players out, expect Redknapp to keep it more defensive, and hope these players will be ready for the return game, where they can then play their more natural attacking game at home. Milan's defence is pretty solid and doubt that Spurs will get many chances to score, especially without their 3 key players, while Spurs themselves are likely to play two solid lines of 4 players who close down the space and make it hard for Milan to play through them. Do not foresee too many goals here in the first leg Valencia - Schalke over 2.5 @ 1.71 pinnacle Valencia have been tough at home in previous CL games this season where they beat a poor Bursaspor side 6-1, beat Glasgow Rangers 3-0 and lost to a late goal (1-0) to Man Utd. In the Primera Liga, they have won 8 of their 12 home games, and conceded just 13 goals with 6 of these goals coming in 2 games earlier this season. But they have scored more than 1 goal just once in their last 5 home games which suggests that they have not been as prolific in front of goals as they were earlier in the season where they scored 2+ goals in their first 6 home games. Still, they have players who can score, and they will be looking to have an edge going into the second leg. Schalke will be looking to take a draw back home from the first leg, and will like their chances given their form in the previous CL away games, where they won 2-1 at Benfica, drew 0-0 at Hapoel Tel Aviv and lost 1-0 at Lyon. In the Bundesliga, Schalke have allowed 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 away games, so this is a concern that they have in going to Valencia who has players to take advantage of this. While they can score, they have been conceding goals as well, and believe that with players like Huntelaar and Raul, they have quality who can finish. Liking the look of some goals here as not confident in either defence but knwo that both sides do have capable players who can score goals if given a chance.
Spurs manager Redknapp said that they will go for a goal at least.He said that his team will attack and not defend because their is no reason to just defend.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you jumping on mate' date=' any choices for the match?[/quote'] I had liked the over, but am worried now that so many people are on that bet. Usually Champions League is pretty predictable, but with the Spurs inexperience, i am not sure how Harry will play this.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Only thing that can say is that I agree with Mahno & Jamaican. Redknapp may be a better expert than Allegri, but everything else is on the side of the Italians in this match. Milan -1 @2.90 Expekt 2/10 Match in Valencia is a good for live betting, imo expect a lot more corners for home team.

Spurs manager Redknapp said that they will go for a goal at least.He said that his team will attack and not defend because their is no reason to just defend.
We will go for it tonight as we don't really know any other way. That is also what has got us this far and I can't see the philosophy changing too much. We have scored at least 2 goals away from home in every game. Although to be honest I dont see that continuing tonight I do expect us to score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Milan would probably be happy with a 1-0 or 2-0 result, and if they open the score (as they're favorite to do) they'll probably start to park the bus, with the odd chance to score a 2nd one on some counter when Tottenham go all out for the away goal. It would take the best Van der Vaart to turn this into a goal fest, or some serious screwing up from the Milanese defense.

Small double for me with Sportsbet. AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur – Both to score @ 1.73 Arsenal v Barcelona – Both to score @ 1.57 Total odds @ 2.72 I think the Milan – Tottenham fixture has already been covered by a few in earlier posts, so I won’t ramble on too much. Tottenham very rarely fail to get on the scoresheet, and this goes for their away fixtures too. They always seem to conjure up a goal no matter who the opposition is… If they are missing Bale who loves to run amok down that wing, then they can turn to other proven goal scorers like VDV, Crouch, Lennon, and perhaps even Krancjar who is in a rich vain of form since being promoted to the starting 11. Make no mistake about it, Harry will have his side ready and raring to grab that all important away goal. As for Milan, well I can’t say I watch a huge amount of their games, or any other sides in the Serie A for that matter. But one thing I do know, is that they have a world class frontline in Ibra, Pato and Robinho. By all reports they have been linking well and have developed a strong understanding in the past few matches. It’d be interesting to hear a bit more info from a Milan fan? I’m predicting a 2-1 victory to AC Milan. As for the Arsenal v Barcelona fixture? Well I don’t think this one requires much explanation. Arsenal have been fantastic at home this season (Winning 9 and drawing 2 of their last 11 home fixtures). They play brilliant football at home and Van Persie has been in blistering form. I think they’ll be able to pop at least one away, but how they handle Barcelona’s attack… well that’s another kettle of fish. I can’t see an overly high scoring match, but I’m more then confident in each sides ability to score here.
In the coral "How many teams to score" market the odds for both to score are: Milan v Spurs 1.91 Arsenal v Barca 1.73 Total Odds - 3.29 I hope you haven't got your bet on yet. By the way, I'm on both teams to score in the Milan game.

Only thing that can say is that I agree with Mahno & Jamaican. Redknapp may be a better expert than Allegri, but everything else is on the side of the Italians in this match. Milan -1 @2.90 Expekt 2/10 Match in Valencia is a good for live betting, imo expect a lot more corners for home team.
McNasara, what site do you use for odds comparison? I'm on oddsportal, and it didn't gave me Expekt. Thanks!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Contemplating Tottenham +1.5 @1.95 (b365) in corner match: they will have more pace and width than Milan, and targeting Crouch is part of their game. Milan is expected to play some sort of 4-3-1-2, so the fullbacks have to somewhat move up to provide width and this opens space for their opponent to run into and cross.

In the coral "How many teams to score" market the odds for both to score are: Milan v Spurs 1.91 Arsenal v Barca 1.73 Total Odds - 3.29 I hope you haven't got your bet on yet. By the way, I'm on both teams to score in the Milan game.
Thanks mate. I dont have an account with Coral yet, but I may look into setting one up... Big difference in the odds being offered :ok

Thanks mate. I dont have an account with Coral yet' date=' but I may look into setting one up... Big difference in the odds being offered :ok[/quote'] Worth doing. I set one up last week and have found the odds are often much better. I no longer use Skybet and now just use Coral or Bet365. Also they gave me a free bet which included the stake back. Not something I have found with with most others.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Ibrahimovic Anytime Goalscorer vs Spurs @ 2.25 (Stan James:2pts) Gonna take a small punt on Zlatan to hit the net tonight. He doesnt have a great record against English sides down the years but I think Milan will be on top tonight and he'll have a few chances to hit the net. Think Spurs will try and sit deep and hit on the counter in this one so Milan could have alot of play. Zlatan has been excellent all season, really working hard and banging the goals in too. Worth a shot at this price IMO, its as short as 1.72 in other bookies. GL!...........:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February AC Milan - Tottenham Selection Both teams to score (YES) Strength 10/10 Date 15/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.78 Milan has better improvization & virtuosity whille Spurs are much faster perticularry when they strike,according to words of Harry Redknapp we can expect a run towards the goal well not just head against the wall but to hunt the goal and to provide going on forward yes.So Harry dont let us down ;) As for Milan,these matches in Champions League are always special but Milan really knows how to play a wide variety of football,comparing their matches/game in Champions League and those in Serie A the difference is very obvious.Tonight offensive aproach from Massimiliano Allegri probably with a three-man in attack Ibra,Robinho and Pato,captain Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo are out but both teams are without important players,this can be good because there will be room for other motivated players and their detection and to have a chance to prove performance in Champions League...cant be better.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February I do think Spurs have an awesome strike force and some of the older men of Milan will hate Lennon. They are around 9/4 to score over 1.5 goals wheras Milan are only around 5/6. Must check the odds but can anyone else see a red card in this game? I am thinking Spurs over 1.5 at the moment.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February hello all. im gonna back up alot of predictions here and go with milan. there has been good reasoning on here in regards to european pedigree that some people are disagreeing with.. thats why sport and betting is such an interesting game! here is my reasoning to why milan will beat spurs. The knock out stages are a way different senario that the league phase. if you look at the probable teams: Abbiati; Oddo, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Gattuso, Flamini, Seedorf; Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho. Possible starting XI: Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Palacios, Kranjcar; Van der Vaart; Defoe. at least 8 outta of the 11 have champions league knock out experience from the milan team while maybe just 2 form the spurs team. this for me is huge. i think that ac milan price of 3/4 boyles sports is huge value.. they are this good value because of spurs form in the champions league so far and their form against inter which to me is suspect given inters form. Ac milan are flyin in Italy, top of the table, with their home form top notch scoring 27 goals in 13 games and conceding 10. i think they will have way too much firepower for this spurs side with very little champions league knockout experience. Ac milan to beat spurs 3/4 boyle sports

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February AC Milan over 1.5 cards @1.83 (b365): again, I expect a tough game for Milan fullbacks and consequently the centre backs will be under pressure too, while the holding midfielder(s) might be forced to make some tactical fouls in order to stop fast counters. They got more than 2 cards in most of their group games already.

AC Milan over 1.5 cards @1.83 (b365): again' date= I expect a tough game for Milan fullbacks and consequently the centre backs will be under pressure too, while the holding midfielder(s) might be forced to make some tactical fouls in order to stop fast counters. They got more than 2 cards in most of their group games already.
Good bet that I reckon..best I don't put any more on this game though :lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 15-17-3 -3.95 units (46.85%) Tottenham (+0.5) +130 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes I think AC Milan are a little bit overrated. Even without Modric and Bale I think that Tottenham can come out of the San Siro with a draw.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Probably enough about Milan,eh? What about Valencia?I think narrow win 1-0.Shalke play defensive football lately.They don't really play good away.Valencia looking good lately.Mata is not 100% fit but they have enough good players.taking Valencia with a close win.i know Shalke can surprise sometimes but hope it won't be today :) Home win @1.7 bet365

AC Milan over 1.5 cards @1.83 (b365): again' date= I expect a tough game for Milan fullbacks and consequently the centre backs will be under pressure too, while the holding midfielder(s) might be forced to make some tactical fouls in order to stop fast counters. They got more than 2 cards in most of their group games already.
Whaat? Incredible that bookmakers even consider this bet let alone put it up :) You're gonna win!:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February I do enjoy an interest in these type of games, and its one of these games that anything is possible. Milan are a difficult team to turn over at home usually compact, they also have an team full of experience to normally do just enough for what they need to get the result required. Spurs look a team that are gaining in confidence every week, also a more attacking outfit with plenty pace capable of anything at the moment. The pitch tonight looks to be a quick surface, so would expect an entertaining match tonight. Match can go either way in my opinion just one of these games where Milan could win 3-0 or spurs can do the bussiness with a few breaks of the ball. So with the result difficult for me to pick even the unders or overs, I will be having an interest in the correct score with spurs @ 40 to win 2-0 betfair, if spurs manage to score the first then you have the option to lay off with a profit or adjust.

Spurs have got a bit more steel and experience than I expected this season, Sat's game was a good example I think they would have drawn that game at best in previous years or even lost but they have a belief in their play we havent really seen previously, they have done well to be so close to the top 4.. That being said, Milan look good recently, I understand they have numerous injury problems but they seem to have been going on for a fair while now and havent affected them hugely, an idea of the starting line-up or impact of the possible missings would be useful from a good Italian punter..any side that can call on Pato, Ibra, Robinho, Cassano (ineligable for this?) up front should be respected. Not sure who is going to be lining up for Spurs the 'will he won't he' debate on Bale is tedious and I hope people don't go on about it too much on here. Modric is obviously a big miss, his ability to keep the ball would be very important in the San Siro. Van Der Vaart, not sure what his chances are Spurs fans don't seem to either..Harry will be going over there with the intention of bringing a goal back, it will be vital they do that - losing 2-1 would not be a disaster, if Spurs only go down by the odd goal the return leg will be fascinating. Crouch has often been v.useful to Spurs in the CL and might be used again, he can hold up the ball better than anyone else they have and provides a useful outlet, Lennon is in great form currently also and isn't the type of technical winger Milan will be used to facing, the panic that Bale's pace caused against Inter was surprising and Lennon could be just as useful if they can get him on the ball enough.. I'll be focusing on the goals market as the Milan price isn't high enough for me, I'll be interested in any comments ultravires has regarding the strength of their midfield with the missings, def an area Spurs can exploit for me on the counter. Think Milan have to win this game if they want to progress, Spurs home form is a rival for anyone in Europe in an evening kick off at the Lane. I don't really see this game being that cagey, Spurs won't play it tight they don't have the game plan in their armoury to do it and Milan will be aware of the need to win this game to progress, overs looks decent to me.. Over 2.5 Goals - 1.97 (Ladbrokes) 5/10 Over 3 Goals - 2.5 (bet365) 3/10
Gotta agree with what you said above as well as the general feel on overs in this game. The over 3 goals being offered at bet365 @ 2.60 is a really good bet which can yield potential greater profit if there are 4 or more goals in the game and a returned stake if there are exactly 3 goals. I also agree that the price being offered on Milan over 1.5 cards is ridiculous seeing how their games usually have a high number of cards in them and I will have a nibble on that as well. All that said I will be taking the following: Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.91 StanJames 7pts Over 3 Goals @ 2.60 bet365 4pts AC Milan Over 1.5 Cards @ 1.83 bet365 3pts :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Definitely see value in this, but am running out of time. (3/10) Tottenham to score the first goal @ 3.01 at Pinnacle This bet is a push if there are no goals and I think the value is on Tottenham. They are pretty aggresive side if they want to be and I can see them scoring the first goal pretty often here and I am glad to take these odds. Definitely too big.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February I'm not a big follower of european leagues so wanted som advice on the arsenal barca game. Arsenal pick up a lot of cards in the prem - how does the refereeing compare in the champions league ? are they likely to pick up cards in this / the next fixture ?

Often hear this from managers, and then they do the opposite. Would not be surprised that Redknapp said this to lull Milan into a false belief that they will open them quite easily

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Mmm..no good news for us overs backers: AC Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini, Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Seedorf, Robinho, Ibrahimovic. Subs: Amelia, Alexandre Pato, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Jankulovski, Merkel, Legrottaglie. Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Sandro, Pienaar, Van der Vaart, Crouch. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Modric, Defoe, Bassong, Kranjcar, Woodgate. Referee: Stephane Lannoy (France) Milan starting with Robinho behind Ibra and Pato only on the bench and Pienaar starts ahead of Kranjcar..not feeling quite so confident having seen AC's line-up particuarly, plenty of defensive midfield cover there..

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February AC Milan v Tottenham AC Milan (-0.75) @ 1.98 (188bet) 2pts Only a small bet here because my champions league bets have been poor in the past. But watched a few Milan matches recentley and I was impressed they look in great form at present, any team with Robinho and Ibrahimovic upfront is always going to cause problems. A Tottenham side at full strength and in full flow would have a good chance to get something from this game but no Bale and Modric only on the bench means they might be lacking in creativity. A central midfield of Sandor and Palacios doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Looks like they'll heavily be reliant on Van Der Vaat for goals, who himself seems to keep picking up niggling little injuries which as meant his form hasn't been as good as it was earlier in the season. Overall AC Milan have the quality advantage as well as the home advantage here. Tottenham have been brilliant in the competition so far this season but I can't help but feel they may come unstuck against quality Milan side here. Not in Tottenham's nature to try and defend so I expect a fairly open game which should be to the benefit of Milan.

Milan v Spurs Would prefer to put a few quid on the home win as it has a more likely chance of winning. @ 1.75 it's not exactly mouth watering. Spurs away form is suspect to say the least, never mind their recent EPL away wins at Blackburn and Sunderland. You can't class these in the same bracket as AC. Spurs European results away from WHL has 2 draws and 2 losses. But those losses were only by a single goal. If they can keep a loss down to a 1 goal deficit or even draw, then they are still in with a chance. If on the other hand they do a "San Siro" from October then they can forget about it. No Bale to organize the partial comeback! The only good thing about their meeting with Inter then is that they saw that they could play with the big boys. Bale will be missed, there is no doubt about that but the team have to forget about him and have belief they can do it. But as already mentioned on the thread, Milan's attack is on form and the way Spurs have been attacking recently does not bode well for any kind of result for Spurs. As for my bets, if VDV and Palacios play I will definitely have them to be booked anytime. Both can get fired up and make the odd stupid tackle. Gattuso would also get the vote as he definitely is showing his age recently. All three have been booked twice already in the group stages. Will wait for team news and of course markets before placing my bet. Main Selection: AC Milan @ 1.75 (6/10) PaddyPower
All three play so went for them "To Be Booked" VDV @ 3.5 Palacios @ 2.37 Gattuso @ 2.5 All PaddyPower

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Fancy Spurs to get something tonight, AC Milan are playing well in Serie A but I think Tottenham's attacking intent will stand them in good stead, Harry's said that his side won't be sitting back and I think he is right to play Tottenham's usual style. I think they can get at Milan and cause them problems. First leg's can be cagey affairs which is a worry, my bets for tonights match: LAY AC Milan (FT) @ 1.79 - 5pts Tottenham (HT) @ 6.00 - 1pt First Goal - P.Crouch @ 13.00 - 0.5pts