UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

Inter were amazing' date=' last season, but they had an amazing manager in charge. They had a fat waiter in charge this season :lol and they were poor. I actually wouldn't count Inter among the low quality of the Italian league, as (with a good coach) they are a top side, but the reason for that is because they were the only club not to the embroiled in the scandal of a few years back, the scandal which killed the rest of Italian football.[/quote'] Aaah, welll....I guess you got it all figured out, top analysis! I guess 3 CL titles in this century only plus a World Cup is also part of the dying Italian football!???? Hats offs to Italy for having the guts to open the case with match-fixing for all the world to know! Recently Platini admitted himself that up to 25-30% of the games around the globe look dodgy...That includes EVERY country, but apart from a couple of mini-scandals in Germany, Belgium and Eastern Europe, of ALL big footballing countries only Italy said it wide open to all. You call that a killing? I've got another word for it....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah, welll....I guess you got it all figured out, top analysis! I guess 3 CL titles in this century only plus a World Cup is also part of the dying Italian football!???? Hats offs to Italy for having the guts to open the case with match-fixing for all the world to know! Recently Platini admitted himself that up to 25-30% of the games around the globe look dodgy...That includes EVERY country, but apart from a couple of mini-scandals in Germany, Belgium and Eastern Europe, of ALL big footballing countries only Italy said it wide open to all. You call that a killing? I've got another word for it....
How many of those titles came post-scandal? Sorry, if I sounded like a smart-ass, I was just calling it how I saw it. I'm not saying Italian football is dying, I'm just saying right now it's still suffering from the fall-out of the scandal. I hope things get better, as I'm sure they will, as who wouldn't want to see proper Italian giants against the best we have, and Barcelona?

Fancy Spurs to get something tonight, AC Milan are playing well in Serie A but I think Tottenham's attacking intent will stand them in good stead, Harry's said that his side won't be sitting back and I think he is right to play Tottenham's usual style. I think they can get at Milan and cause them problems. First leg's can be cagey affairs which is a worry, my bets for tonights match: LAY AC Milan (FT) @ 1.79 - 5pts Tottenham (HT) @ 6.00 - 1pt First Goal - P.Crouch @ 13.00 - 0.5pts
Good call on Crouch :ok

I didn't see the game' date=' but on highlight it appears that Milan had a perfectly good equaliser called back at the end? And no one has said anything here, so I wondered if there is something wrong with my eyes. Thanks.[/quote']Ibrahimovic shoved Dawson in the back, clear foul. Nice to get Crouch in, thought Spurs played really well. Looked a proper European outfit.

Ibrahimovic shoved Dawson in the back, clear foul. Nice to get Crouch in, thought Spurs played really well. Looked a proper European outfit.
Thanks, was able to catch the game in replay last night and it was obvious on a big screen. What about that Gattuso, whoa...what a nightmare.

Small double for me with Sportsbet. AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur – Both to score @ 1.73 Arsenal v Barcelona – Both to score @ 1.57 Total odds @ 2.72 I think the Milan – Tottenham fixture has already been covered by a few in earlier posts, so I won’t ramble on too much. Tottenham very rarely fail to get on the scoresheet, and this goes for their away fixtures too. They always seem to conjure up a goal no matter who the opposition is… If they are missing Bale who loves to run amok down that wing, then they can turn to other proven goal scorers like VDV, Crouch, Lennon, and perhaps even Krancjar who is in a rich vain of form since being promoted to the starting 11. Make no mistake about it, Harry will have his side ready and raring to grab that all important away goal. As for Milan, well I can’t say I watch a huge amount of their games, or any other sides in the Serie A for that matter. But one thing I do know, is that they have a world class frontline in Ibra, Pato and Robinho. By all reports they have been linking well and have developed a strong understanding in the past few matches. It’d be interesting to hear a bit more info from a Milan fan? I’m predicting a 2-1 victory to AC Milan. As for the Arsenal v Barcelona fixture? Well I don’t think this one requires much explanation. Arsenal have been fantastic at home this season (Winning 9 and drawing 2 of their last 11 home fixtures). They play brilliant football at home and Van Persie has been in blistering form. I think they’ll be able to pop at least one away, but how they handle Barcelona’s attack… well that’s another kettle of fish. I can’t see an overly high scoring match, but I’m more then confident in each sides ability to score here.
:@ I wasn't too far off here. Milan certainly had their chances, but they brought the best out of Gomes on a couple of occassions.