UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February A little bit early but I have some ideas about this encounter:Milan-Tottenham The odds for the home win are too small in my opinion.Something at 1,90 or 2,00 would be okay.Milan has to give their very best,because they don't want to travel to the White hart Lane with a draw or even a loss.Despite that,the defense of the Spurs is not the best and Ibrahimovic and Pato should create themselves big chances.So over 2,5 is worth it with odds around 1,90 or 2,00(Will Hill).If Bale and Modric are out for this game,I will probably go for the home win after 20 or 30 minutes if that is still a draw.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February

Milan all the way for me.they have more expirience,good home record and always play good in CL. Spurs lucky to be at this stage,they have poor away record and also second leg at home.
Spurs have got a bit more steel and experience than I expected this season, Sat's game was a good example I think they would have drawn that game at best in previous years or even lost but they have a belief in their play we havent really seen previously, they have done well to be so close to the top 4.. That being said, Milan look good recently, I understand they have numerous injury problems but they seem to have been going on for a fair while now and havent affected them hugely, an idea of the starting line-up or impact of the possible missings would be useful from a good Italian punter..any side that can call on Pato, Ibra, Robinho, Cassano (ineligable for this?) up front should be respected. Not sure who is going to be lining up for Spurs the 'will he won't he' debate on Bale is tedious and I hope people don't go on about it too much on here. Modric is obviously a big miss, his ability to keep the ball would be very important in the San Siro. Van Der Vaart, not sure what his chances are Spurs fans don't seem to either..Harry will be going over there with the intention of bringing a goal back, it will be vital they do that - losing 2-1 would not be a disaster, if Spurs only go down by the odd goal the return leg will be fascinating. Crouch has often been v.useful to Spurs in the CL and might be used again, he can hold up the ball better than anyone else they have and provides a useful outlet, Lennon is in great form currently also and isn't the type of technical winger Milan will be used to facing, the panic that Bale's pace caused against Inter was surprising and Lennon could be just as useful if they can get him on the ball enough.. I'll be focusing on the goals market as the Milan price isn't high enough for me, I'll be interested in any comments ultravires has regarding the strength of their midfield with the missings, def an area Spurs can exploit for me on the counter. Think Milan have to win this game if they want to progress, Spurs home form is a rival for anyone in Europe in an evening kick off at the Lane. I don't really see this game being that cagey, Spurs won't play it tight they don't have the game plan in their armoury to do it and Milan will be aware of the need to win this game to progress, overs looks decent to me.. Over 2.5 Goals - 1.97 (Ladbrokes) 5/10 Over 3 Goals - 2.5 (bet365) 3/10

Milan all the way for me.they have more expirience,good home record and always play good in CL. Spurs lucky to be at this stage,they have poor away record and also second leg at home.
And to say Spurs were lucky to get to this stage is a laughable comment, they topped the group against the current European Champions only losing one game..AC Milan scraped through in a group that was a comparable standard scoring 7 goals in 6 games.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Milan - Tottenham Interesting fact is that Milan do struggle against English teams and just checked uefa.com and found out that "Since overcoming Liverpool FC in the 2007 UEFA Champions League final, Milan have failed to win in five meetings with English teams". I was initially thinking about backing Milan, but at that odds and recent statistics won't be doing that. Tottenham scored 18 goals in the Group Stage and since Milan will be missing some of their defenders I can see Spurse scoring here, maybe even more than once. Milan beat Parma 4-0 at home with Robinho scoring 2 and Cassano 1. Currently all of their strikers are fit to play and whith Robinho, Cassano, Ibrahimovic and Pato I can't see Milan not scoring at least couple of goals at San Siro. Over 2.5 @ 1.97 (5 units) Ladbrokes Over 3.5 @ 3.25 (2 units) Ladbrokes

Milan - Tottenham Interesting fact is that Milan do struggle against English teams and just checked uefa.com and found out that "Since overcoming Liverpool FC in the 2007 UEFA Champions League final, Milan have failed to win in five meetings with English teams". I was initially thinking about backing Milan, but at that odds and recent statistics won't be doing that. Tottenham scored 18 goals in the Group Stage and since Milan will be missing some of their defenders I can see Spurse scoring here, maybe even more than once. Milan beat Parma 4-0 at home with Robinho scoring 2 and Cassano 1. Currently all of their strikers are fit to play and whith Robinho, Cassano, Ibrahimovic and Pato I can't see Milan not scoring at least couple of goals at San Siro. Over 2.5 @ 1.97 (5 units) Ladbrokes Over 3.5 @ 3.25 (2 units) Ladbrokes
Im sure the previous losses were to arsenal and man u who are experienced in europe with much better squads and european tactics wise manager. Spurs have none of these! But as u said they could get a goal then experience goes out the window. Good luck!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Strange one but AC are same odds to qualify as they are to win the first leg. Can kinda see why but if they win by 2 i cant see any come back for spurs even with bale playing in return leg. Im seeing no reason for tottenham to score as yepes and the greek geezer have impressed me in the few games ive seen them play. Spurs strikers are so out of form i have as much chance scoring! Van der vaart will not have the space he does in prem so no guarantee he will be firing either so im considering AC win to nil or 1-0 /2-0 with robinho/cassano to score. Even ibra must step up against the worst defence in champs league history! Hopefully gallas has more problems with his boots again!! But i think 2-0 is 9/1 and 1-0 is about 4/1 so will be doing them with possibility to lay at some point :) no odds on scorers yet but really feeling cassano or robi to keep up their form. Come on the rossoneri :)

Milan - Tottenham Interesting fact is that Milan do struggle against English teams and just checked uefa.com and found out that "Since overcoming Liverpool FC in the 2007 UEFA Champions League final, Milan have failed to win in five meetings with English teams". I was initially thinking about backing Milan, but at that odds and recent statistics won't be doing that. Tottenham scored 18 goals in the Group Stage and since Milan will be missing some of their defenders I can see Spurse scoring here, maybe even more than once. Milan beat Parma 4-0 at home with Robinho scoring 2 and Cassano 1. Currently all of their strikers are fit to play and whith Robinho, Cassano, Ibrahimovic and Pato I can't see Milan not scoring at least couple of goals at San Siro. Over 2.5 @ 1.97 (5 units) Ladbrokes Over 3.5 @ 3.25 (2 units) Ladbrokes
I will go on the both to score with good odds.Milan is without 3 defenders,van Bommel,Pirlo,Ambrosini,Cassano.Seedorf and Gattuso are too old and slow,especially Gattuso. Totenham will be without 3 defenders,Jenas and Bale.Modric and Crouch are questionable. both to score 5pts. GL

Spurs have got a bit more steel and experience than I expected this season, Sat's game was a good example I think they would have drawn that game at best in previous years or even lost but they have a belief in their play we havent really seen previously, they have done well to be so close to the top 4.. That being said, Milan look good recently, I understand they have numerous injury problems but they seem to have been going on for a fair while now and havent affected them hugely, an idea of the starting line-up or impact of the possible missings would be useful from a good Italian punter..any side that can call on Pato, Ibra, Robinho, Cassano (ineligable for this?) up front should be respected. Not sure who is going to be lining up for Spurs the 'will he won't he' debate on Bale is tedious and I hope people don't go on about it too much on here. Modric is obviously a big miss, his ability to keep the ball would be very important in the San Siro. Van Der Vaart, not sure what his chances are Spurs fans don't seem to either..Harry will be going over there with the intention of bringing a goal back, it will be vital they do that - losing 2-1 would not be a disaster, if Spurs only go down by the odd goal the return leg will be fascinating. Crouch has often been v.useful to Spurs in the CL and might be used again, he can hold up the ball better than anyone else they have and provides a useful outlet, Lennon is in great form currently also and isn't the type of technical winger Milan will be used to facing, the panic that Bale's pace caused against Inter was surprising and Lennon could be just as useful if they can get him on the ball enough.. I'll be focusing on the goals market as the Milan price isn't high enough for me, I'll be interested in any comments ultravires has regarding the strength of their midfield with the missings, def an area Spurs can exploit for me on the counter. Think Milan have to win this game if they want to progress, Spurs home form is a rival for anyone in Europe in an evening kick off at the Lane. I don't really see this game being that cagey, Spurs won't play it tight they don't have the game plan in their armoury to do it and Milan will be aware of the need to win this game to progress, overs looks decent to me.. Over 2.5 Goals - 1.97 (Ladbrokes) 5/10 Over 3 Goals - 2.5 (bet365) 3/10
Bale hasn't travelled with the squad so thats that one settled, Harry has suggested he will be playing Sandro in the middle and this is a risk for me as he is unproven and seems to go missing at times, big risk to start him imo, Pienaar would be a better option. VDV looks likely to be fit and Crouch should be fit after minor back problems. Think the likely Spurs line up tomorrow will be as follows: ---------------Gomes----------------- Corluka-----Daws----Gallas-----Ekotto Lennon---Palacios---Sandro---Kranjcar -----------------VDV------------------ ----------------Crouch---------------- Subs: Cudicini, Hutton, Bassong, Modric, Pienaar, Defoe, Pav Palacios is a decent player who will be busy but the midfield looks quite reliant on Lennon to create something, Kranjcar has done well in the last couple of games but isn't a regular starter for a reason. Sandro wasn't even registered for the group games. If VDV starts dropping deep to get more of the ball Crouch is going to cut a very isolated figure, as I said in my original post think Harry's instructions will be to press the midfield and don't give them time on the ball. Ibrahimovic has looked close to unplayable when I have watched him this season and he will fancy his chances against Gallas and Dawson, Pato and Robinho I guess will also be starting in a three pronged attack. Looked at the odds of Ibrahimovic anytime goalscorer but he is pretty skinny at 2.25, might have a nibble on 1st goalscorer at 5.5 (skybet). My two main bets stand though.

And to say Spurs were lucky to get to this stage is a laughable comment' date=' they topped the group against the current European Champions only losing one game..AC Milan scraped through in a group that was a comparable standard scoring 7 goals in 6 games.[/quote'] Yes,they are lucky.they had very easy group.Bremen-hit by crysis and injuries that lost almost all matches,Twente who are not CL level as well and don't have star players,Inter-who were also hit by massive injuries that time.THEY WERE VERY VERY LUCKY. Yes,MILAN HAS MORE EXPERINCE IN CL,WHILE SPURS HAVE FCUK ALL.IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR THEM. Hope Milan will show them who's the daddy.It will be men against boys. Even playing against half injured teams Spurs didn't even win any single away game.

Yes,they are lucky.they had very easy group.Bremen-hit by crysis and injuries that lost almost all matches,Twente who are not CL level as well and don't have star players,Inter-who were also hit by massive injuries that time.THEY WERE VERY VERY LUCKY. Yes,MILAN HAS MORE EXPERINCE IN CL,WHILE SPURS HAVE FCUK ALL.IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR THEM. Hope Milan will show them who's the daddy.It will be men against boys. Even playing against half injured teams Spurs didn't even win any single away game.
And Milan were up against the greats of err...Ajax (currently 3rd in Eredivisie, been playing poorly since about November) and Auxerre (currently 17th in France) :lol and the only team they beat in the group stages was Auxerre, hardly impressive. I don't think Spurs are a great side and they don't have vast experience in the CL like Milan and given the side Spurs will be putting out tomorrow I would expect Milan to win, but Tottenham were not lucky to get to this point they deserved it. They won their group over 6 games. By the way typing things in capitals doesn't make it right, it just makes you look a bit crazy :lol

And Milan were up against the greats of err...Ajax (currently 3rd in Eredivisie, been playing poorly since about November) and Auxerre (currently 17th in France) :lol and the only team they beat in the group stages was Auxerre, hardly impressive. I don't think Spurs are a great side and they don't have vast experience in the CL like Milan and given the side Spurs will be putting out tomorrow I would expect Milan to win, but Tottenham were not lucky to get to this point they deserved it. They won their group over 6 games. By the way typing things in capitals doesn't make it right, it just makes you look a bit crazy :lol
I'm crazy :lol And you didn't see me argue after few pints,fcuk that.Even i wouldn't argue with myself :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February I just love the Tottenham underestimation :) Seedorf had a good game on the weekend, but so did Robinho scoring 2 goals. Gazzetta claims Allegri will use Robinho,Pato, Ibrahimovic in attack..We will see if T.Silva lines up in defense or in midfield, but it I think it will be something like this. Still, Milan fullbacks will be a concern for them as usual, but their attack is world class against weakened Tottenham. ---------------------Abbiati---------------- Abate--------Nesta-----------Yepes-----Antonini -------Gattuso-------Silva-------Flamini------- --------------------Robinho------------------- ------------Pato---------------Ibra-----------

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Milan v Spurs Would prefer to put a few quid on the home win as it has a more likely chance of winning. @ 1.75 it's not exactly mouth watering. Spurs away form is suspect to say the least, never mind their recent EPL away wins at Blackburn and Sunderland. You can't class these in the same bracket as AC. Spurs European results away from WHL has 2 draws and 2 losses. But those losses were only by a single goal. If they can keep a loss down to a 1 goal deficit or even draw, then they are still in with a chance. If on the other hand they do a "San Siro" from October then they can forget about it. No Bale to organize the partial comeback! The only good thing about their meeting with Inter then is that they saw that they could play with the big boys. Bale will be missed, there is no doubt about that but the team have to forget about him and have belief they can do it. But as already mentioned on the thread, Milan's attack is on form and the way Spurs have been attacking recently does not bode well for any kind of result for Spurs. As for my bets, if VDV and Palacios play I will definitely have them to be booked anytime. Both can get fired up and make the odd stupid tackle. Gattuso would also get the vote as he definitely is showing his age recently. All three have been booked twice already in the group stages. Will wait for team news and of course markets before placing my bet. Main Selection: AC Milan @ 1.75 (6/10) PaddyPower

Yes,they are lucky.they had very easy group.Bremen-hit by crysis and injuries that lost almost all matches,Twente who are not CL level as well and don't have star players,Inter-who were also hit by massive injuries that time.THEY WERE VERY VERY LUCKY. Yes,MILAN HAS MORE EXPERINCE IN CL,WHILE SPURS HAVE FCUK ALL.IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR THEM. Hope Milan will show them who's the daddy.It will be men against boys. Even playing against half injured teams Spurs didn't even win any single away game.
Its a game of football in a stadium they have already played in this season. One they managed to score 3 goals in when down to 10 men. I think "a whole new world" is a bit of a strange comment. In the champions league you need to win your home games and take draws away. They got 2 draws away from home and topped the group. I would like to know what they would have needed to do to not be classed as very, very lucky.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Milan - Tottenham I'm after Milan as well. All about form, missing, previous games in groups is written above, nothing to add here. My reason is that teams like Tottenham are a bit of surprise in the group games, coming so rarely in this competition (hence the relax mode of Inter initially). Now this team has gone through the extensive scanner, and Milan knows where to look for, and what to cover most. About the odds, home win @ 1.75 is a laugh. Since I have this idea of Milan winning, then I will try Milan (-1), money back or win. Another bet is on Seedorf; with Ibra and Pato strictly covered, probably the dutch veteran will manage another distance goal. Milan (-1) @ 2.33 Canbet low stake Seedorf anytime goalscorer @ 5.75 Unibet minimum stake

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Small double for me with Sportsbet. AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur – Both to score @ 1.73 Arsenal v Barcelona – Both to score @ 1.57 Total odds @ 2.72 I think the Milan – Tottenham fixture has already been covered by a few in earlier posts, so I won’t ramble on too much. Tottenham very rarely fail to get on the scoresheet, and this goes for their away fixtures too. They always seem to conjure up a goal no matter who the opposition is… If they are missing Bale who loves to run amok down that wing, then they can turn to other proven goal scorers like VDV, Crouch, Lennon, and perhaps even Krancjar who is in a rich vain of form since being promoted to the starting 11. Make no mistake about it, Harry will have his side ready and raring to grab that all important away goal. As for Milan, well I can’t say I watch a huge amount of their games, or any other sides in the Serie A for that matter. But one thing I do know, is that they have a world class frontline in Ibra, Pato and Robinho. By all reports they have been linking well and have developed a strong understanding in the past few matches. It’d be interesting to hear a bit more info from a Milan fan? I’m predicting a 2-1 victory to AC Milan. As for the Arsenal v Barcelona fixture? Well I don’t think this one requires much explanation. Arsenal have been fantastic at home this season (Winning 9 and drawing 2 of their last 11 home fixtures). They play brilliant football at home and Van Persie has been in blistering form. I think they’ll be able to pop at least one away, but how they handle Barcelona’s attack… well that’s another kettle of fish. I can’t see an overly high scoring match, but I’m more then confident in each sides ability to score here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February I think this whole thing about Spurs not having "experience" is a bit of a myth really. Their squad is packed full of internationals that have played at the highest level for years now. If they want a result they will need to score though as I don't see Milan not scoring past the Spurs defense. Also Kranjcar is easily as good a replacement for Modric, and it says a lot about the strength of the Spurs squad, the fact Modric was keeping him out for so long. I think the only loss for Spurs really is Bale, who gives them something different that Milan wouldn't be able to cope with. Overs is a decent shout because I can't see Spurs trying to keep it tight to steal a draw as it's not their style.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February Valencia - Schalke 04 Selection Valencia Strength 10/10 Date 15/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.76 Valencias last six home games against German visitors have produced five draws and a defeat but tonight Mestalla is ready for something special.What gives me the confidence of this bet is the the squad/starting line-ups,looking at the formations and judging by the recent games I can say that the Los Che are more compact team and they will certainly stand hard on the ground. Valencia will be without midfielder David Albelda but striker Jonas & Mata who returns after an ankle injury are available.On the other side Schalke have few new injuries.Although Schalke is coming here off its fifth win in eight games,the hosts are in excellent shape. Los Che!

I think "a whole new world" is a bit of a strange comment. .
Ok,so what experience did Spurs have in last 20 years?Nothing.They won UEFA in 1984 that's all.When was a last time or how many times they did play in CL play-offs? AC Milan stats for CL only: Winners:1962-63,1968-1969,1988-89,1989-90,1993-94,2002-03,2006-07 Runners-up:1957-58,1992-93,1994-95,2004-05 Also Milan plays in CL every year.Spurs don't.It's a first time they here so why "a whole new world " is a strange comment? Really,i don't even want to reply to you unless you give me solid facts against my comment as your comment sounds like Spurs supporter who think his team can beat anyone.
I think this whole thing about Spurs not having "experience" is a bit of a myth really. Their squad is packed full of internationals that have played at the highest level for years now. .
Read above Jase.International and CL games are 2 different worlds.What high level did they play for years?We are not talking about international level but about CL level and experience. With all my respect to Redknapp he hasn't got CL experince as he never played in CL before. This is my point of view and this is what i ment when was talking about "experince" and "whole new world". GL i juts don't want to waste my time anymore.

Read above Jase.International and CL games are 2 different worlds.What high level did they play for yars?We are not talking about international level but about CL level and experience. Will al my respect to Redknapp he hasn't got CL experince as he never played in CL before. This is my point of view and this is what i ment when was talking about "experince" and "whole new world".
What experience do you think they need? Spurs have gone about this CL season to score as many goals as possible, which is their style. If Milan take the lead they will push forward to score. I agree away from home they are slightly naive. Whether or not International is tougher than CL or EPL. Or EPL is tougher than CL and international is a totally different debate for another day :ok We could spend weeks debating that point and there will be positive and negative arguments from all sides.

Ok,so what experience did Spurs have in last 20 years?Nothing.They won UEFA in 1984 that's all.When was a last time or how many times they did play in CL play-offs? AC Milan stats for CL only: Winners:1962-63,1968-1969,1988-89,1989-90,1993-94,2002-03,2006-07 Runners-up:1957-58,1992-93,1994-95,2004-05 Also Milan plays in CL every year.Spurs don't.It's a first time they here so why "a whole new world " is a strange comment? Really,i don't even want to reply to you unless you give me solid facts against my comment as your comment sounds like Spurs supporter who think his team can beat anyone. Read above Jase.International and CL games are 2 different worlds.What high level did they play for years?We are not talking about international level but about CL level and experience. With all my respect to Redknapp he hasn't got CL experince as he never played in CL before. This is my point of view and this is what i ment when was talking about "experince" and "whole new world". GL i juts don't want to waste my time anymore.
I don't see a reason why the stats of 30 years ago are important for this match.I don't think that any of those players will play today:rollin Milan is strong but the Spurs are strong as well.Redknapp has build up a good team,so we will see.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 February AC Milan - Tottenham under 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Milan are favoured to win this game because they have the quality in the forward line with Pato, Ibrahimovic and Robinho. Spurs have struggled on the road in the CL group games, and will not be looking to allow a repeat of their last visit to the San Siro where they were down 3-0 early on, only to make a great late fight back to lose 4-3. Expect them to try and play it tight, and with two centre midfielders (Sandro and Palacios) who are more defence minded, they lack creativity to expose Milan. Lennon and Kranjcar will be the ones who they will depend on to create something, but Spurs really need Modric, Bale and van der Vaart to do that for them. With these three key players out, expect Redknapp to keep it more defensive, and hope these players will be ready for the return game, where they can then play their more natural attacking game at home. Milan's defence is pretty solid and doubt that Spurs will get many chances to score, especially without their 3 key players, while Spurs themselves are likely to play two solid lines of 4 players who close down the space and make it hard for Milan to play through them. Do not foresee too many goals here in the first leg Valencia - Schalke over 2.5 @ 1.71 pinnacle Valencia have been tough at home in previous CL games this season where they beat a poor Bursaspor side 6-1, beat Glasgow Rangers 3-0 and lost to a late goal (1-0) to Man Utd. In the Primera Liga, they have won 8 of their 12 home games, and conceded just 13 goals with 6 of these goals coming in 2 games earlier this season. But they have scored more than 1 goal just once in their last 5 home games which suggests that they have not been as prolific in front of goals as they were earlier in the season where they scored 2+ goals in their first 6 home games. Still, they have players who can score, and they will be looking to have an edge going into the second leg. Schalke will be looking to take a draw back home from the first leg, and will like their chances given their form in the previous CL away games, where they won 2-1 at Benfica, drew 0-0 at Hapoel Tel Aviv and lost 1-0 at Lyon. In the Bundesliga, Schalke have allowed 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 away games, so this is a concern that they have in going to Valencia who has players to take advantage of this. While they can score, they have been conceding goals as well, and believe that with players like Huntelaar and Raul, they have quality who can finish. Liking the look of some goals here as not confident in either defence but knwo that both sides do have capable players who can score goals if given a chance.