UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February It's a tricky one the Barca-Arsenal match. Barca completely outlclassed us last season and one of the reasons we came back into was Walcott's pace of course, but the other was that they were so in control that they just couldn't cope when we started displaying a semblence of threat. Similar to how we couldn't cope when Newcastle starting flying at us after Diaby's sending off. We'll play better tonight with Wilshere instead of Diaby, and it will be a close game, however ironically this might make Barca more dangerous and switched on throughout. The guy that put forward the Under 2.5 goals bet could be spot on. A very canny bet IMO.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

Thanks for the answer! As I see it, Shakhtar having the best ukrainain players, it's like Roma has to play with Ukrainian NT.
No mate,Shakhtar has best brazilian players in Estern Europe :lol Shakhtars has all brazilians in attack and midfield.For today match they will only have ukrainian keepr,2 defenders Chygrynsky and Rakitskiy and may be Stepanenko between defenders and midfileders. I expect this line up for Shakhtar: --------------Pyatov--------------- Srna---Rakitskiy---Chygrynsky---Rat ----Hubshman-------Stepanenko---- Willian--------Jadson------Costa---- --------------Adriano--------------- If Roma will lose midfiled-they are fcuked.This 4 brazilian guys upfront can tear their defence apart.Costa is very good and agressive lately.At the back we have tall and strong defenders so Roma must muscle their way through.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February @Jamaican Here is the look of Italian newspapres on Shakhtar if you are intrested: Lucescu, coach of Shakhtar, who is familiar with Italian football, preferring to attack, relying on the Brazilians, and behind them to use the powerful players in the best tradition of Soviet football. Ahead are two strikers - Luiz Adriano (3 goals in 6 matches of the Champions League) and ex-Arsenal footballer Eduardo, and helps them Jadson, who is rather a position forward. No less dangerous Willian and Douglas Costa. First during the game often changes positions with Jadson and Costa endowed with excellent strike from the left and can act with equal success on both flanks. Shakhtar game at high speeds around opponents' goal and on another side of the field should not come as a surprise. Brazilians in the cold climate of the north-east of Ukraine? Incredible, but true. Flank defenders Donetsk team is often connected to the attacks and the match run a considerable distance. Srna on the right, left Rats - both act well, move around the field. At the same time, the two central defender - and Chygrynskyy Hyubshmann - as if cut off from the rest of the players and are exclusively engaged in the defense of his goal. Thus, the Roma is to focus on the fast attacks through the central zone, because that's it - the weak link. Guy, Kucher, Rakytskyy are not masters of destruction, and are not endowed with a special technique. The goal protects Pyatov - despite the fact that he is considered one of the best goalkeepers of the country, the goalkeeper is often uncertain effect, especially at the outputs.

Shaktar Donetsk +0.5 @ 1.83 pinnacle With Roma's struggles in Serie A where they have just a draw and 2 losses from their last 3 games, and allowing a total of 8 goals in this game, like the visitors to do well here. They showed in the CL qualifiers, especially against Arsenal, that they can play and move the ball around quite well, and though they have not played a competition match for a couple of months, a series of friendly games have tuned them up for this. They will be fresh and motivated to do well, as they are not expected to progress from this game, but they have some talent there, with Eduardo up front, if given the service, is a very good finisher. With Roma's problems at the back, he may just get a goal to give them some advantage going into the second leg. Like them to at least draw here
Note that Burdisso-Mexes will be back as their suspensions are for Serie A only. Doni, Cassetti, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; Perrotta, DeRossi, SImplicio, Menez; Totti, Vucinic are to be expected tonight. That is a very good lineup, so much stronger defense than we have seen in the last Serie A games. Roma is probably out of scudetto race now, only fight will be for top4 spots and since they have only UCL and Coppa to play for I think they will give their all tonight. Thenagain, so will Shaktjor.

Note that Burdisso-Mexes will be back as their suspensions are for Serie A only. Doni, Cassetti, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; Perrotta, DeRossi, SImplicio, Menez; Totti, Vucinic are to be expected tonight. That is a very good lineup, so much stronger defense than we have seen in the last Serie A games. Roma is probably out of scudetto race now, only fight will be for top4 spots and since they have only UCL and Coppa to play for I think they will give their all tonight. Thenagain, so will Shaktjor.
are they playing 4-4-2?Boriello?Is he on the bench?Don't think Totti and Vucinic will do much,specially Totti...

And, I don't really see Fabregas as a strong inspirational leader. I mean, United have Rooney. Chelsea have John Terry. Liverpool have Gerrard. I don't prersonally believe Arsenal really have that inspirational figure. No doubt Fabregas is an extremely talented footballer, but I seem to remember the only reason he was made captain was to keep him from moving to Barca.
United have Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Der Sar, Giggs, I'd even say Fletcher is something of a leader for them. Rooney :lol Yeah, the guy that wanted to leave unless he got 200k a week. Sure Rooney can be inspirational - when he scores wonder goals and has the talent he has obviously that can inspire others, so why can't Fabregas be the same.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal v Barcelona Arsenal (+0.5) @ 2.04 (Pinnacle) 3pts Okay no doubting that Barcelona are probably the best club side in the world but I do think they shouldn't be odds on against an Arsenal side that looks in good shape at present. Interstingly enough the handicap was (+0.25) in this fixture last year, Barcelona have imporved since then but Arsenal have also in my opinion. This year Van Persie is back fit and Walcott's in good form add to the fact that Nasri may play some part. Overall I think Arsenal are capable of getting something out of this game, they are capable of beating anyone on their day. They also may have learnt from last year's two fixtures where they were ultimately blown away by Barca.

@Jamaican Here is the look of Italian newspapres on Shakhtar if you are intrested: Lucescu, coach of Shakhtar, who is familiar with Italian football, preferring to attack, relying on the Brazilians, and behind them to use the powerful players in the best tradition of Soviet football. Ahead are two strikers - Luiz Adriano (3 goals in 6 matches of the Champions League) and ex-Arsenal footballer Eduardo, and helps them Jadson, who is rather a position forward. No less dangerous Willian and Douglas Costa. First during the game often changes positions with Jadson and Costa endowed with excellent strike from the left and can act with equal success on both flanks. Shakhtar game at high speeds around opponents' goal and on another side of the field should not come as a surprise. Brazilians in the cold climate of the north-east of Ukraine? Incredible, but true. Flank defenders Donetsk team is often connected to the attacks and the match run a considerable distance. Srna on the right, left Rats - both act well, move around the field. At the same time, the two central defender - and Chygrynskyy Hyubshmann - as if cut off from the rest of the players and are exclusively engaged in the defense of his goal. Thus, the Roma is to focus on the fast attacks through the central zone, because that's it - the weak link. Guy, Kucher, Rakytskyy are not masters of destruction, and are not endowed with a special technique. The goal protects Pyatov - despite the fact that he is considered one of the best goalkeepers of the country, the goalkeeper is often uncertain effect, especially at the outputs.
Roma to go on fast attack is an utopia, this team has suffered from mental and physical fatigue for some time now. Pizzaro and Julio Sergio missing, the disputes between players and Ranieri, disapproving and hostile fans, the society status saga (buy - not buy from americans), no new players in January to give chance for re-breath to the tired ones, the ugly performance of italy clubs in Europe. Everyone is expecting win in order to put money on club finances, and the pressure is being felt and will be displayed in pitch. Only one red card is needed for Roma to sink tonight. So, hoping on Shakhtar being more fresh and not lazy, I'm willing to throw some coins on: half time/full time Shakhtar/Shakhtar @ 7.00 William Hill CS 0-1 @ 9.5 Bet365 CS 1-2 @ 13.00 Bet365

Roma to go on fast attack is an utopia, this team has suffered from mental and physical fatigue for some time now. Pizzaro and Julio Sergio missing, the disputes between players and Ranieri, disapproving and hostile fans, the society status saga (buy - not buy from americans), no new players in January to give chance for re-breath to the tired ones, the ugly performance of italy clubs in Europe. Everyone is expecting win in order to put money on club finances, and the pressure is being felt and will be displayed in pitch. Only one red card is needed for Roma to sink tonight. So, hoping on Shakhtar being more fresh and not lazy, I'm willing to throw some coins on: half time/full time Shakhtar/Shakhtar @ 7.00 William Hill CS 0-1 @ 9.5 Bet365 CS 1-2 @ 13.00 Bet365
You are brave man,with all my respect to Shakhtar i just haven't got balls to back them away.I still think they may suffer hangover after winter break.I will watch game and may have some bets in play but for now i stick with both to score. GL :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Yesterday went well for me, so here I am again. (4/10) Arsenal to have most corners (1X2) @ 2.62 at William Hill I always look to oppose Barcelona on corners and I will do the same here. They look to keep the ball in play and almost never go for a corner intentionally. Arsenal often do that when they attack and they will have to do just that here, because I cannot see them winning away. The odds are definitely some value for me, I would have them around 2.10. (2/10) Shakhtar Donetsk to bt. AS Roma @ 3.82 at Pinnacle I think this is priced just on reputation, not quality. Of course, AS Roma are always a threat, but Shakhtar are always underrated in my opinion, while their results have been pretty good. Roma do not have the strongest defense and I think they will leak a goal or two today, which may well be enough.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February It's probably just the excitement of tonight's game going to my head but I really think we have a good chance of beating Barcelona at the Emirates. We are definately stronger than we were last season and have players that have found some form at the right time for this fixture. Walcott can cause any side problems on his day and Barca will not want to play too high up the field knowing that his pace can be devastating once he's in behind the defence. RVP is scoring freely and the absence of Puyol will only benefit his chances of finding the back of th net this evening. Cesc has no need for motivation as he will want to get one over on his fellow Spaniards & Nasri should make the most of the space he will have as Alves gets forward far too often for a full-back! Barcelona have been less than impressive away from the Nou Camp in the Champions League and were held to a 1-1 draw at Sporting Gijon at the weekend so do not come into this game in the best of form, although I do expect them to raise their game! Arsenal's home record in the Champions League is excellent but I do have concerns that our centre-backs can be got at. I would be pretty happy to see Djourou and Koscielny alongside eachother as they are both showing signs of improvement. Arsene Wenger seems very confident that we can get a result from the tie and that's good enough for me as we will need to score as many, and win by as big a margin, as possible @ The Emirates if we are to have any chance of making the quarter-finals. My Bets: Arsenal v Barcelona: Arsenal @ 3/1 (General) - 1pt Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6 (Victor Chandler) - 3pts I'm also having a specualtive double: Arsenal & Shakhtar Donetsk @ 15/1 (BoyleSports) - 1pt I was very impressed with Shakhtar from what I saw of them and I think they are capable of getting a win tonight. Serie A is not as strong as it once was and Roma are not a side in form.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Barcelona Champions League Away Record in Knockout Rounds since Guardiola Took Charge.. Lyon 1 Barcelona 1 Bayern Munich 1 Barcelona 1 Chelsea 1 Barcelona 1 Stuttgart 1 Barcelona 1 Arsenal 2 Barcelona 2 Inter Milan 3 Barcelona 1 Looking at these results and taking into account it is 2 attack-minded sides, the best bets for tonight are: Both Teams To Score @ 8/13 (Bet365) Barcelona - LAY @ 1.9 (Betfair) Correct Score: 1-1 @ 7/1 (Hills) Correct Score: 2-2 @ 14/1 (Hills) Draw @ 11/4 (Bet365) Another interesting statistic is that Jeremy Menez has never lost a champs league game in which hes started in his career.. On that basis alone my bet is a big bet on Roma @ 5/4 (VC) Best of luck to all of ye! :drums

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal v Barcelona: Corners/Cards These are my two favourite markets to back on, just wondered what people thought on them both. I don't watch enough of Barcelona to have any idea on corners - they play mainly through the middle don't they. Still over 11 corners is around 15/8 with most bookies which looks a good price. As for cards, well there were six yellows in a red in the corresponding game last season (85 points). Over 55 points (six yellows or four yellows and a red) is 2/1. Anyone got any views on either market?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Just having a look at the game myself. I am leaning towards a cards bet rather than corners, single digit totals seem to be most common in Barca's CL away games. It's possible to back over 40 bookings points at around 6/5 which seems reasonable. The Italian ref averages 43.75 in all comps this season and has gone 10, 50 and 40 in the CL. The spreads have the game in for around 44 points. I'd say Barca to score in both halves is backable at 2/1 and Arsenal to do the same at 9/2, both with Boyles. Certainly they're standout prices and are worth attention if you expect goals in the game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal price looks outstanding but I can understand why people dont fancy it too much. However, in my opinion no top flight Premiership club should be around 3/1 to win the game at home against anyone. Small back of Arsenal for me and a medium lay of Barca I dont think it will be the goal fest some people believe, don't underestimate the quality of English club football, Spurs did not look at all out of their depth last night against a Italian side leading the Serie A.

Arsenal price looks outstanding but I can understand why people dont fancy it too much. However, in my opinion no top flight Premiership club should be around 3/1 to win the game at home against anyone. Small back of Arsenal for me and a medium lay of Barca I dont think it will be the goal fest some people believe, don't underestimate the quality of English club football, Spurs did not look at all out of their depth last night against a Italian side leading the Serie A.
Paddy Power has Arsenal at 6.00 with their enhanced odds offer, fyi.

This statistic is for anybody who thinks Barca are gonne walk all over Arsenal tonight.... Anyone that thinks Barca @ 1.9 tonight are value would want examining, i found this stat hard to believe but by god its true..! Barcelona, in away games in the knockout rounds of the champions league under Pep Guardiola have NEVER won!!! I know that will change eventually but its a pretty astonishing stat! My bet tonight is LAY Barcelona.!! :ok
Possible,but you should not lay with higher stakes than 3 points.Everything can happen tonight,Barca has the best squad at all.I think it will end like last year:2-2

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal:53 Szczesny 06 Koscielny 20 Djourou 22 Clichy 27 Eboue 04 Fabregas 08 Nasri 14 Walcott 17 A Song 19 Wilshere 10 Van Persie Barcelona:01 Valdes 02 Daniel 03 Pique 19 Maxwell 22 Abidal 06 Xavi 08 Iniesta 16 Busquets 07 Villa 10 Messi 17 Pedrito

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal-Barcelona Lionel Messi to score 2 or more goals 7/2 b365 Lionel Messi to score a hat trick 14/1 b365 Messi has scored 40 goals already this season and with a much leakier defence this season Arsenal may fall victim to the best player on the planet. If he is on form tonight, which he usually is, then Arsenal beware!

As i said above i do expect goals here and i went for both to score as i think this is 50/50 match.Our brazilians are very quick' date='if you give them space behind they will have ya.But if Roma will take control over midfield then they can muscle out our small attacking players.You have to control midf.all the time with Shakhtar and keep pressing them.I still don't rate Shakhtar's keeper Pyatov,i think he is very poor,he is not confident when goes out and with standarts.No,Shakhtar won't defend in 3 lines,they never do.they build up attacks all the time so should be an intresting match. :ok[/quote'] I followed this. Good shout :clap

Roma v Shakhtar I'm surprised Shakhtar is at @4.00 :loon I didn't watch Roma v Inter game but i saw game against Brescia.Forget about Totti he is in a past now,Vucinic is not in his best form,the only threat i can see is Borriello.They attack in numbers and leave space behind and with Shakhtar fast brazilians it could be lethal.Shakhtar have enough quality to catch Roma on counter attacks.In Group stage matches Roma lost at home to Basel and conceded goal in every other game.Hard to predict 3 Way result here but i'm going with safe bet IMO: both teams to score @1.9 bet365 There is no way i will back Roma at @1.83.Shakhtar is poor away but in group stage they only lost 1 away game to Arsenal 5-1.But again,Roma doesn't have so much quality and fire power upfront like Arsenal does. Shakhtar maybe rusty after winter break but they had around 8 rendly games and squad should be ready enough for this match.
Thank you very much Mahno that was a quick winner :lol Shakhtar even 2-1 up now :clap