UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

Both Arsenal and Barcelona liek to score goals and with Arsenal also conceeding on a regular basis I will be looking into Overs here. Maybe 3.5 or even 4.5.
Yes,last year this match ended 2-2 at Emirates Stadium.Arsenal has to win at home,because at Nou Camp they will lose.So they have to score at home and not just one goal,while Barcelona won't just defend.They will also score so both to score,over 2,5 and over 3,5 look nice.

Yes' date='last year this match ended 2-2 at Emirates Stadium.Arsenal has to win at home,because at Nou Camp they will lose.So they have to score at home and not just one goal,while Barcelona won't just defend.They will also score so both to score,over 2,5 and over 3,5 look nice.[/quote'] Puyol will most probably miss trip to the Emirates and as you have mentioned Arsenal are very unlikely to win at Nou Camp so they will attack. With Puyol missing I can see Arsenal scoring at least once. Juts curios if Arsenal is @ 4.00-4.50 at home, what price will bookies offer when they travel to Barcelona.

Puyol will most probably miss trip to the Emirates and as you have mentioned Arsenal are very unlikely to win at Nou Camp so they will attack. With Puyol missing I can see Arsenal scoring at least once. Juts curios if Arsenal is @ 4.00-4.50 at home, what price will bookies offer when they travel to Barcelona.
Probably 6.50, don't forget arsenal went 1-0 in the 18th min in the away fixture last year before Messi destroyed a makeshift backline with 4 goals.. :sad Vermalen and Nasri and will be unavailable for both fixtures.

Probably 6.50, don't forget arsenal went 1-0 in the 18th min in the away fixture last year before Messi destroyed a makeshift backline with 4 goals.. :sad Vermalen and Nasri and will be unavailable for both fixtures.
Everything points for highscoring game at the Emirates, and maybe even the one at Nou Camp. Also Szcheny (most likely spelt wrong) will not be able to handle strong Barcelona attack if he conceded 4 against Newcastle.

Everything points for highscoring game at the Emirates' date=' and maybe even the one at Nou Camp. Also Szcheny (most likely spelt wrong) will not be able to handle strong Barcelona attack if he conceded 4 against Newcastle.[/quote'] Scezney is highly rated, 2 of Newcastles goals were penalties and the 4th was a unsighted volley from 20 yards out.. Hes better than Manuel Alfoolnia :wall

Scezney is highly rated, 2 of Newcastles goals were penalties and the 4th was a unsighted volley from 20 yards out.. Hes better than Manuel Alfoolnia :wall
You probably know more about Arsenal than I do, but with so many defencive players missing Barcelona can score couple of goals, they are doing so in La Liga week after week. If Arsenal was playing a better football I would have definately backed them at home at this price, like I did with Inter last year. But the good selection with Arsenal home games is Highest Scoring Half: 2nd. It is very rare to see more goals in the first half in Arsenal home games, even last year against Barcelona I think all 4 goals were scored in the second half. Normally this market is available @ 2.00 which IMO is better than Both to Score @ 1.80-1.90.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Roma v Shakhtar I'm surprised Shakhtar is at @4.00 :loon I didn't watch Roma v Inter game but i saw game against Brescia.Forget about Totti he is in a past now,Vucinic is not in his best form,the only threat i can see is Borriello.They attack in numbers and leave space behind and with Shakhtar fast brazilians it could be lethal.Shakhtar have enough quality to catch Roma on counter attacks.In Group stage matches Roma lost at home to Basel and conceded goal in every other game.Hard to predict 3 Way result here but i'm going with safe bet IMO: both teams to score @1.9 bet365 There is no way i will back Roma at @1.83.Shakhtar is poor away but in group stage they only lost 1 away game to Arsenal 5-1.But again,Roma doesn't have so much quality and fire power upfront like Arsenal does. Shakhtar maybe rusty after winter break but they had around 8 rendly games and squad should be ready enough for this match.

Roma v Shakhtar I'm surprised Shakhtar is at @4.00 :loon I didn't watch Roma v Inter game but i saw game against Brescia.Forget about Totti he is in a past now,Vucinic is not in his best form,the only threat i can see is Borriello.They attack in numbers and leave space behind and with Shakhtar fast brazilians it could be lethal.Shakhtar have enough quality to catch Roma on counter attacks.In Group stage matches Roma lost at home to Basel and conceded goal in every other game.Hard to predict 3 Way result here but i'm going with safe bet IMO: both teams to score @1.9 bet365 There is no way i will back Roma at @1.83.Shakhtar is poor away but in group stage they only lost 1 away game to Arsenal 5-1.But again,Roma doesn't have so much quality and fire power upfront like Arsenal does. Shakhtar maybe rusty after winter break but they had around 8 rendly games and squad should be ready enough for this match.
I thought the same thing.Shachtjor is a good team,while Roma has to win,because it is really hard for them towin at Schachtjor.The only thing why I will not use higher stakes is,that Schachtjor has a long break behind them and have no practice.They just played frindlies,but against really poor teams.

Roma v Shakhtar I'm surprised Shakhtar is at @4.00 :loon I didn't watch Roma v Inter game but i saw game against Brescia.Forget about Totti he is in a past now,Vucinic is not in his best form,the only threat i can see is Borriello.They attack in numbers and leave space behind and with Shakhtar fast brazilians it could be lethal.Shakhtar have enough quality to catch Roma on counter attacks.In Group stage matches Roma lost at home to Basel and conceded goal in every other game.Hard to predict 3 Way result here but i'm going with safe bet IMO: both teams to score @1.9 bet365 There is no way i will back Roma at @1.83.Shakhtar is poor away but in group stage they only lost 1 away game to Arsenal 5-1.But again,Roma doesn't have so much quality and fire power upfront like Arsenal does. Shakhtar maybe rusty after winter break but they had around 8 rendly games and squad should be ready enough for this match.
Really like the odds on this one and will most likely follow. Might even take it in a double with some pick from Arsenal - Barcelona game.

Yes,Roma is too bad at the moment.The only why I won't back Donetzk directly is that they had no real match for about 3 months.So I will go on Dontzk DNB or +0,5.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Where would you gentlemen say Manchester City ranks amongst European clubs ? Top 20 ? Despite having a pretty good year , all considered I thought that overall they are maybe 40th in Europe . How wrong am I ? Just a little argument with a guy I know , he thinks they are one of the top clubs in Europe , by that I understand top 10 . I don't think so ..

Where would you gentlemen say Manchester City ranks amongst European clubs ? Top 20 ? Despite having a pretty good year ' date=' all considered I thought that overall they are maybe 40th in Europe . How wrong am I ? Just a little argument with a guy I know , he thinks they are one of the top clubs in Europe , by that I understand top 10 . I don't think so ..[/quote'] In the (vain) hope of keeping these CL threads clutter free and not just general sports chat, can you please post in the appropriate forum. This has nothing to do with these games.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Still can't believe that Arsenal is @ 4.00 at home. I know Barcelona is a very strong team that lost only 1 game in La Liga and if I am correct 1 or 2 return legs in Copa del Rey which meant nothing and I still there is a value in backing Arsenal here. Might take Arsenal on DNB approx. @ 3.00 or Arsenal +1 approx. @ 1.80-1.90.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Arsenal v Barcelona Draw No Bet @ 3.10 Betfair (10 units) I'm going to take partial match insurance on this. Barca failed to beat us at the Emirates in that colossal game last season and I'm thinking along the same lines again. RVP and Walcott cannot stop scoring and although Fabregas is missing his left hand man Nasri for this game I've got a gut feeling we will put a few in the back of the Barca net.... Barca will probably put a few in back of ours too. :lol

Arsenal v Barcelona Draw No Bet @ 3.10 Betfair (10 units) I'm going to take partial match insurance on this. Barca failed to beat us at the Emirates in that colossal game last season and I'm thinking along the same lines again. RVP and Walcott cannot stop scoring and although Fabregas is missing his left hand man Nasri for this game I've got a gut feeling we will put a few in the back of the Barca net.... Barca will probably put a few in back of ours too. :lol
I am with you on this one. Strong teams like Arsenal should not be priced @ 4.00 at home against any team. I said the same about Inter last year when they were @ 3.60. Barcelona can be beaten and Arsenal has quality to do so. Arsenal DNB @ 3.00 (3 units) William Hill

Arsenal v Barcelona Draw No Bet @ 3.10 Betfair (10 units) I'm going to take partial match insurance on this. Barca failed to beat us at the Emirates in that colossal game last season and I'm thinking along the same lines again. RVP and Walcott cannot stop scoring and although Fabregas is missing his left hand man Nasri for this game I've got a gut feeling we will put a few in the back of the Barca net.... Barca will probably put a few in back of ours too. :lol
I seem to remember Barca crusing at 2-0, until Walcott came off the bench to change the game. Surely it would be better to back the draw, or LAY Barca....If they failed to win the fixture at the Emirates last season, Arsenal failed too. Only the most ardent of Arsenal fans would back them I'd assume. Barca are different class to Arsenal, and don't lose too many games. If Barca keep the ball as well as they did last season it will be game over. The only hope I see for Arsenal is if they remain organised, and don't give away possession cheaply.
I am with you on this one. Strong teams like Arsenal should not be priced @ 4.00 at home against any team. I said the same about Inter last year when they were @ 3.60. Barcelona can be beaten and Arsenal has quality to do so. Arsenal DNB @ 3.00 (3 units) William Hill
He's clearly an Arsenal fan Mustafa, so I wouldn't put too much risk into the game based on his reasoning.

if wolves can stick 4 past arsenal just imagine what barcelona will do! no contest for me. barcelona -2 has a nice feel to it!
I think you mean Newcastle. Still against them Newcastle got careless and paid the price, can't see them getting careless here. There is too much on stake for them here.

He's clearly an Arsenal fan Mustafa' date=' so I wouldn't put too much risk into the game based on his reasoning.[/quote'] I know that, but to be honest I was thinking about backing Arsenal for a while now. There are no weak teams in Champions League and I quite often back strong teams at home at these odds, no matter who they play. For instance Inter against Barcelona last year @ 3.60, Liverpool against Chelsea @ 3.75, Man.City against Chelsea @ 3.50. Arsenal has quality to beat Barcelona at home so I see value an backing strong teams at home at these odds, because IMO it is profitable in the long run.

if wolves can stick 4 past arsenal just imagine what barcelona will do! no contest for me. barcelona -2 has a nice feel to it!
Haha that was Newcastle. I'm not going to forecast the scoreline because its pointless, the last two games between Barca and Arsenal netted 9 goals in total.

He's clearly an Arsenal fan Mustafa' date=' so I wouldn't put too much risk into the game based on his reasoning.[/quote'] Fanatical some might say.. You just gotta believe that they can do and eventually with the talent there, they will! We love you arsenal, we do! :clap

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February if you chaps look i did correct my mistake! fill your boots with barcelona to win champions league @ 2-1 generally, i am a arsenal fan but can we really see past barcelona over two legs? surely not!!

I know that' date=' [b']but to be honest I was thinking about backing Arsenal for a while now. There are no weak teams in Champions League and I quite often back strong teams at home at these odds, no matter who they play. For instance Inter against Barcelona last year @ 3.60, Liverpool against Chelsea @ 3.75, Man.City against Chelsea @ 3.50. Arsenal has quality to beat Barcelona at home so I see value an backing strong teams at home at these odds, because IMO it is profitable in the long run.
Yep, I seem to remember saying the same thing last season. For the Arsenal V Barca game, and for Arsenal V Porto (which they won 5-0). And, like I say, Barca were cruising last season before Walcott had the desired impact from the bench. If he starts it may be different.

Yep, I seem to remember saying the same thing last season. For the Arsenal V Barca game, and for Arsenal V Porto (which they won 5-0). And, like I say, Barca were cruising last season before Walcott had the desired impact from the bench. If he starts it may be different.
The one thing that worries me a bit is Arsenal's finishing. They had many chances against Wolves but managed to score only 2 goals and I do not see them getting scoring chances against Barcelona easily. But with Puyol missing I believe Arsenal has a chanse, because IMO Arsenal is much better than most teams in La Liga.

The one thing that worries me a bit is Arsenal's finishing. They had many chances against Wolves but managed to score only 2 goals and I do not see them getting scoring chances against Barcelona easily. But with Puyol missing I believe Arsenal has a chanse' date=' because IMO Arsenal is much better than most teams in La Liga.[/quote'] This will be a tough match for both,but with the polish keeper inside the goal it will be harder for Arsenal.I know that he is good,but unexperienced.But I can see it happen again,like last year:2-2