UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February

now i need Arsenal :spank to score to make it a great night :hope
Hopefully walcott gets it to make it a great night for me :hope I also followed the bookings suggested below so need 1 more Arsenal player to get booked for that to come in. :hope

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned earlier will take this one and double it with Both to Score in Arsenal - Barcelona game. Both Arsenal and Barcelona play attacking football and enough was said about this one, so don't want to repeat it again. Both to Score Double @ 3.08 (3 units) Ladbrokes
Nice :beer

3rd card for Arsenal :beer :beer
Hopefully walcott gets it to make it a great night for me :hope I also followed the bookings suggested below so need 1 more Arsenal player to get booked for that to come in. :hope
Nice shout that mate, was getting a bit worried as the clock ticked down though. 2 wins out of three and up for the night :dude

Roma to go on fast attack is an utopia, this team has suffered from mental and physical fatigue for some time now. Pizzaro and Julio Sergio missing, the disputes between players and Ranieri, disapproving and hostile fans, the society status saga (buy - not buy from americans), no new players in January to give chance for re-breath to the tired ones, the ugly performance of italy clubs in Europe. Everyone is expecting win in order to put money on club finances, and the pressure is being felt and will be displayed in pitch. Only one red card is needed for Roma to sink tonight. So, hoping on Shakhtar being more fresh and not lazy, I'm willing to throw some coins on: half time/full time Shakhtar/Shakhtar @ 7.00 William Hill:dude:dude:dude CS 0-1 @ 9.5 Bet365 CS 1-2 @ 13.00 Bet365
Hell yeah! Someone put a leash on Mahno:clap, the man has gone crazy tonight.

Shakhtar Donetsk +0.25 @2.1 (b365) :beer Eduardo to score @3.1 Adriano to score @3.75 :beer Roma has not been playing well lately, conceding a good deal of goals (8 in 3 games, for 2 losses and 1 draw). They lost to Basel and drew with Cluj in CL group stage, and they couldn't keep a clean sheet a single time. Shakhtar is the proverbial underestimated team, looked at with scorn by many, but they have done remarkably well in group stages, bar the severe defeat vs Arsenal. Their strikers are dangerous, and I doubt Roma will be able to shut them for 90min. On the neg side, they haven't played since December, but at least they won't be tired lol. Low stakes.
:beer
Arsenal over 2.5 cards @2.37 (b365) Arsenal is out to show that they have learned their lesson from last tie, and this mainly involves countering Barca's tremendous pressing. In order to do so, they will be ready to toughen up significantly, and it will be hard to avoid making some fouls. Besides, Arsenal is known for making the odd blunder, be it stopping a ball with the hand or making a terrible challenge - in other words, they can lose their temper and do something stupid. And if an opponent can make someone lose their temper, it is Barca. Last year, the same match-up ended up with five cards for Arsenal, and two for Barca (including a red). Moderate stakes.
:beer :nana

It's probably just the excitement of tonight's game going to my head but I really think we have a good chance of beating Barcelona at the Emirates. We are definately stronger than we were last season and have players that have found some form at the right time for this fixture. Walcott can cause any side problems on his day and Barca will not want to play too high up the field knowing that his pace can be devastating once he's in behind the defence. RVP is scoring freely and the absence of Puyol will only benefit his chances of finding the back of th net this evening. Cesc has no need for motivation as he will want to get one over on his fellow Spaniards & Nasri should make the most of the space he will have as Alves gets forward far too often for a full-back! Barcelona have been less than impressive away from the Nou Camp in the Champions League and were held to a 1-1 draw at Sporting Gijon at the weekend so do not come into this game in the best of form, although I do expect them to raise their game! Arsenal's home record in the Champions League is excellent but I do have concerns that our centre-backs can be got at. I would be pretty happy to see Djourou and Koscielny alongside eachother as they are both showing signs of improvement. Arsene Wenger seems very confident that we can get a result from the tie and that's good enough for me as we will need to score as many, and win by as big a margin, as possible @ The Emirates if we are to have any chance of making the quarter-finals. My Bets: Arsenal v Barcelona: Arsenal @ 3/1 (General) - 1pt Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6 (Victor Chandler) - 3pts I'm also having a specualtive double: Arsenal & Shakhtar Donetsk @ 15/1 (BoyleSports) - 1pt I was very impressed with Shakhtar from what I saw of them and I think they are capable of getting a win tonight. Serie A is not as strong as it once was and Roma are not a side in form.
Fantastic :clap:clap:clap

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February great game what a comeback :D yes it's only half time but wth you got to enjoy a result like that. I thought Jack Wilshere was a star in midfield and epic display from Koscielny as well. I wouldn't get carried away as we have a massive task still but we have given our selves a lead to take there and who knows. :clap

great game what a comeback :D yes it's only half time but wth you got to enjoy a result like that. I thought Jack Wilshere was a star in midfield and epic display from Koscielny as well. I wouldn't get carried away as we have a massive task still but we have given our selves a lead to take there and who knows. :clap
:welcome to PL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February I have been a stalker on TPL for quite a while, mainly to get reassurance on my own bets i guess. I'm not a confident gambler because i am unlucky.. But i had been watching this thread at the start of the week and it had made me realise shakhtar was a good bet and with arsenals odds, i had to go for the cheeky double. This came in today and i won myself £84 so thanks guys, not a huge win, but it helps me build my empire this weekend where £42 will be going 2 single bets with 2 teams to win to try and help me gradually build up a good stake.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Seems like a lot of people were willing to be against Roma and Barcelona tonight. Especially well done to the brave people who went for the outright win on both of these outsiders. Easy to say in hindsight but I think all the favourites this week have been a little too short. Whilst Barcelona had the majority of the ball I thought the game in terms of chances was quite even. Wilshere was amazing I thought, more than held his own in amongst probably the best midfield trio around. :ok

It's probably just the excitement of tonight's game going to my head but I really think we have a good chance of beating Barcelona at the Emirates. We are definately stronger than we were last season and have players that have found some form at the right time for this fixture. Walcott can cause any side problems on his day and Barca will not want to play too high up the field knowing that his pace can be devastating once he's in behind the defence. RVP is scoring freely and the absence of Puyol will only benefit his chances of finding the back of th net this evening. Cesc has no need for motivation as he will want to get one over on his fellow Spaniards & Nasri should make the most of the space he will have as Alves gets forward far too often for a full-back! Barcelona have been less than impressive away from the Nou Camp in the Champions League and were held to a 1-1 draw at Sporting Gijon at the weekend so do not come into this game in the best of form, although I do expect them to raise their game! Arsenal's home record in the Champions League is excellent but I do have concerns that our centre-backs can be got at. I would be pretty happy to see Djourou and Koscielny alongside eachother as they are both showing signs of improvement. Arsene Wenger seems very confident that we can get a result from the tie and that's good enough for me as we will need to score as many, and win by as big a margin, as possible @ The Emirates if we are to have any chance of making the quarter-finals. My Bets: Arsenal v Barcelona: Arsenal @ 3/1 (General) - 1pt Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6 (Victor Chandler) - 3pts I'm also having a specualtive double: Arsenal & Shakhtar Donetsk @ 15/1 (BoyleSports) - 1pt I was very impressed with Shakhtar from what I saw of them and I think they are capable of getting a win tonight. Serie A is not as strong as it once was and Roma are not a side in form.
Fantastic :clap:clap:clap
Cheers Toon :cheers What a night!! That's the best game I've ever been to....the winnings just made it even better :dude Bring on The O's!!

I am with you on this one. Strong teams like Arsenal should not be priced @ 4.00 at home against any team. I said the same about Inter last year when they were @ 3.60. Barcelona can be beaten and Arsenal has quality to do so. Arsenal DNB @ 3.00 (3 units) William Hill
Happy with the win. At half time Arsenal was @ 15.00 and DNB @ 10.00. SHould have taken a small risk. Anyway, can't complain with a win. Looks like there were many winners today. Well done guys :ok

Hey guys I'm loading up on Arsenal.. This is based on hope, faith and maybe some ignorance.. Arsenal v Barcelona Arsenal - Draw No Bet @ 3.10 Betfair (10 units) :ok Arsenal to win both halves @ 15.00 Betfair (5 units) :eyes Over 2.5 @ 1.62 Betfair (20 units) :ok Good luck everyone! I may be $35 poorer in 12 hours time. :clap
What a match... congrats to everyone that put faith in Arsenal last night.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 February Just saw Bet365 have put up their odds for the second leg of the ties played this week, Barcelona are 1.28 to beat Arsenal, with the draw at 5 and the Arsenal win at 8.5! Now I won't ever bet on Arsenal because I'm Spurs but there has to be value on Arsenal + 0.5 at a huge 3.35. Considering Arsenal are 1.28 to beat Stoke, by implication there is the same quality difference between Barcelona and Arsenal as there is between Arsenal and Stoke and I don't think that's right at all.

Just saw Bet365 have put up their odds for the second leg of the ties played this week' date=' Barcelona are 1.28 to beat Arsenal, with the draw at 5 and the Arsenal win at 8.5! Now I won't ever bet on Arsenal because I'm Spurs but there has to be value on Arsenal + 0.5 at a huge 3.35. Considering Arsenal are 1.28 to beat Stoke, by implication there is the same quality difference between Barcelona and Arsenal as there is between Arsenal and Stoke and I don't think that's right at all.[/quote'] The pricing on these games are crazy! i know i'll be doing yet another cheeky double with Arsenal to win like i did last night at those odds.