Tennis - February 7-13

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

Where did you tip this 2-0 x 2-0 double? I suspect you didn't... Which makes it pretty pointless?? Looks like your trying to trump Kronko's win double.... Pretty childish also... And what's with calling other peoples tips 'bullshit'? Been an excellent thread this week if you remove your drivel... But what do I know? Keep it up guys... On Dolgopolov and Soderling outright, having followed Atko & Czech so :hope Shame about Berdych :puke
That, sadly, is the peril of antepost betting. So much can happen during the week ... illness, retirements, etc. Have to say, I was thinking he was looking good for a finals berth, but these things come with the territory, no complaints from me. Same thing has happened with the chap who was Monfils. Afraid that's why it has to be relatively small stakes on outrights, albeit at nice prices. If you've taken Dolgopolov each way, you're guaranteed a nice payout even if he loses :ok If he wins ... :cheers

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Can't see any bets today chaps. Ljubicic line did interest me but he had a long game yesterday while Tsonga was free, so I fear the Croat could be a little fatigued. +3 would have been more appealing but I fear a 7-6 6-4 score. One for braver souls than me. Good luck to all that play :ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 -5 for me - silly to bet on Hewitt really, very limited player who is clearly nearing retirement. Becoming a bit of a journeyman really. One for today: 4pts Kvitova 2-0 x x Clijsters 2-0 xTsonga @3/1 with Bet365 Bit of a speculative treble for me, which I feel has a decent chance of coming in. With so much sport on today I decided I would keep tennis plays/stakes low hence only the one bet at bigger odds. Kvitova came through a marathon with Wickmayer yesterday, but looked in decent nick throughout imo. She is stupidly strong off the ground on both wings, and has a nasty serve when she gets the first serve in. Mattek Sands is another who is improving, and a decent win against Petkovic yesterday backs that up. The only previous game between the 2 was won by Kvitova 2-0, and I feel her strength off the ground should see her to another comfortable win today provided she keeps the UEs down. Clijsters is just different class to this field. Barring Serena, she is clearly the best player in the WTA and she goes deep into tournaments for fun. She played Kanepi on hard (albeit not indoors) last August and smashed her 6-2, 6-1. She should simply be far too consistent for Kanepi and draw her into errors throughout. If Kim wants to win, she'll win well - no reason to think that she won't. Ljubicic coming into this match after a long 3 setter against Baggy, whereas Tsonga is entering the match after a full rest due to a bye. Ljubicic's first serve got him through against Baghdatis, often enabling him to win cheap points. The 2nd serve however looked fairly vulnerable at times - something Tsonga should thrive on. If he can get the serve back on a fairly regular basis you have to fancy Tsonga to have his chances. He has a lot of variety in his game and should exploit Ljubicic's suspect movement. On his own serve, Ljubicic shouldn't pose Tsonga too many problems.

Where did you tip this 2-0 x 2-0 double? I suspect you didn't... Which makes it pretty pointless?? Looks like your trying to trump Kronko's win double.... Pretty childish also... And what's with calling other peoples tips 'bullshit'? Been an excellent thread this week if you remove your drivel... But what do I know? Keep it up guys... On Dolgopolov and Soderling outright, having followed Atko & Czech so :hope Shame about Berdych :puke
I had the double on centrebet both 2-0 Dolgopolov 2.22 and Raonic 2.27 And go against Hewitt is bullshit anytime!

Ok I have decided to jump on the Dolygopolov band wagon not much to say about this bet that has not been said in the above post and Atko's post he is in good form with a good showing in the Oz open and I think 8/1 is a fair price which is what price I took at Ladbrokes today on my luch break - will look to lay the bet off if he makes the semi finals at around 3/1 (hopefully) 1pt on Dolygopolov to win the Brasil open at 8/1 Ladbrokes
Ok am bailing out here think the odds reflect this in the final as Almargo slight fav with a shade over odds on and Dolygopolov a shde over odds against - I layed my stake back before the semis and have layed a little more so will double my inital outlay if Almargo wins and 4 times my outlay if Dolygopolov goes on to win the final. This is the second tournament in a rover I have backed a finalist with Na Li at the Oz open at 38/1 and Dolygopolov at 8/1 in this one it paid off laying Na Li to ensure a profit in the Oz open but think I layed off a little early in this tournamant am trying to do my trading like a business ie laying my stake back at the first decent chance to enable no loss but this does affect my profit margins if the person I back goes and wins the whole thing. Good luck to anyone having a bet in the final I would not like to call it as a flip of the coin as stated above for me and well done all who made a profit in this tournament. Joe

Ok am bailing out here think the odds reflect this in the final as Almargo slight fav with a shade over odds on and Dolygopolov a shde over odds against - I layed my stake back before the semis and have layed a little more so will double my inital outlay if Almargo wins and 4 times my outlay if Dolygopolov goes on to win the final. This is the second tournament in a rover I have backed a finalist with Na Li at the Oz open at 38/1 and Dolygopolov at 8/1 in this one it paid off laying Na Li to ensure a profit in the Oz open but think I layed off a little early in this tournamant am trying to do my trading like a business ie laying my stake back at the first decent chance to enable no loss but this does affect my profit margins if the person I back goes and wins the whole thing. Good luck to anyone having a bet in the final I would not like to call it as a flip of the coin as stated above for me and well done all who made a profit in this tournament. Joe
Joe, I think you're perhaps right to do so, especially if you haven't backed him each way. This will be a very tough match for Alex. Almagro is full of fight and gumption, and will not fold at all. He schooled Dolgo in straight sets last year and the French Open and I have him as one of the Top 15 on clay. Dolgo did beat him in Shanghai last year but Nico is a different man on clay, and looks like he wants this. Dolgo is much improved, but Nico deserves favouritism. With a guaranteed profit locked up with the place win, I'll sit tight, but what you're doing is, IMO, the right thing :ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Today maybe worth try Dolgopolov and Verdasco.I think that they are good enough to win.But today I'm going to bet only on small amount.Everything today sounds tricky so maybe I'll take this day off.Good luck for anyone who make some bets today.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 One for today: B. Mattek-Sands to bt. Petra Kvitova @ 3.05 - pinnacle (10/10) Petra Kvitova fought extremely hard to beat Yanina Wickmayer in the quarter final as she lost the first set 7-5 and then was down 5-3 in the third set before coming back to win 5-7 6-3 7-6(3). It was a long match, another long match after her victoryes against Vesna Manasieva (7-5, 6-4) and Barbora Zahlova Strycova 6-4 6-7(6) 7-6(9). Obviously, Petra is very tired right now, after so many long matches. Bethanie Mattek-Sands looked fantastic in her opening round win over Carla Suarez Navarro and served notice that she is here to win! Easy wins over Carla Suarez Navarro, Stephanie Cohen-Aloro and Andrea Petkovic. The American girl is in a very good shape right now, and she is more fresher than Petra Kvitova. The young Czech plays extremely aggressive. She stands right on the baseline and will pound the ball from both sides. Kvitova will try to short each point to avoid another long match, because physically she is not in a good shape right now! But Bethanie Mattek-Sands have good defensive skills to make Kvitova hit extra balls, and she will force the Czech girl to make many errors. Kvitova makes many unforced errors in every game, and against Mattek-Sands it will be very dificult for her to play.I give the edge here to Bethanie Mattek-Sands and I expect to see her playing in the final on sunday afternoon.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hoping for Almagro tonight - although my price doesn't look too good now! Sport Tennis Event Soderling v Troicki Selection Over 22.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 12/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.10 Reasoning Odds against here is nice, especially with Pinnacle going 1.84 on the same over. Soderling hasn't been entirely convincing, but showing good fight and really wants to defend his title. I like Troicki, and think he can cause problems. He's been pretty good this week, and a decent win over Cilic yesterday. Both big servers so tie breaks likely, and have to think 22.5 should be odds on here.

Excellent call on Hantuchova from Alberto22. Great value there......:ok Not sure about Mattek Sands though, I fancy Kvitova there.
thanks mate! Kvitova is a very good player, but she makes many unforced errors. That's her big problem! And now she is so tired after her last two long matches! I can see big value here, on the American girl.

Can't see any bets today chaps. Ljubicic line did interest me but he had a long game yesterday while Tsonga was free' date=' so I fear the Croat could be a little fatigued. +3 would have been more appealing but I fear a 7-6 6-4 score. One for braver souls than me. Good luck to all that play :ok[/quote'] This. Sit back, enjoy the tennis and pat yourself on the back if you made a profit :ok

Kvitova has put me through hell and beyond this week but thankfully guarantees a profit. Easy over Mattek-Sands in the end. Makes up for the disappointment over Mannarino last week. GL on Dolgopolov tonight guys. :ok
I cannot see how the profit on Kvitova can be guaranteed. If you managed to get Kvitova future at odds 8, the profit is guaranteed only if Clijsters odds in the final will be above 1.125. Is that guaranteed?

I cannot see how the profit on Kvitova can be guaranteed. If you managed to get Kvitova future at odds 8' date=' the profit is guaranteed only if Clijsters odds in the final will be above 1.125. Is that guaranteed?[/quote'] Took her each way mate so get some back for being runner up if Clijsters beats her.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Dolgopolov to bt. Almagro @ 2.00 StanJames (10/10) Alexandr Dolgopolov continued rolling as he beat Ricardo Mello in straight sets Friday night. The Ukrainian is an excellent mover and his groundstokes are very solid. He is coming off a carrer-best Grand Slam quarter final showing at the Australian Open and now is looking to win his first ATP World Tour final. Dolgopolov has a huge 1st serve and gets a high percentage in. Against Potito Starace, "the Dog" fired 10 aces and saved six of seven break points and then against Ricardo Mello he fired 4 aces and saved all three break points he faced! Not the same thing can be said about Almagro. The Spaniard was not very confident on his serve against Rui Machado and Juan Ignacio Chela. Almagro doesn't seem to be playing on the top of his game here in Brasil. Dolgopolov is the better player right now! Physically he is in great shape, and he should win this match!

Oh well' date=' I am unfamiliar with the "each way" concept. Pinnacle does not offer that. Mind you explain it?[/quote'] Basically an each way bet means two bets. It's a bet on the player to win the tournament but also an additional bet on them getting to the final and losing giving the outright bet a bit more security and a full back if the player doesn't indeed win that final. Think I'm right in saying that if you take an E/W tennis outright before the tournament, the fraction is always 1/2 of the original outright price. This means that if the player in question loses the final, depending on your stake, you would recieve a cut of the original odds, (given by the bookies as a fraction) multiplied by your stake. With odds above 5s, it's usually wise to take the bet E/W. See that Czech and Atko have got Dolgopolov tonight E/W so they are too guaranteed a profit on that one. Before the draw started, I mentioned in my write-up that I would expect Kvitova to meet Clijsters in the final but due to Clijsters skinny odds, she is not worth the E/W bet as unless she wins it, the 1/2 E/W odds would be below 2 and would mean a loss. That's why I took Petra as she was at 7/1 and I fancied her to make the final. So technically tomorrow, no matter who she plays, (pray for Kanepi), I have Kvitova at 7/1 for that match but if she loses I am still guaranteed the profit due to the E/W staking. Hope that clears that up for you. :ok

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 ryan harrison to beat bjorn phau at 5-6 paddypower 2 points Sweeting is in good form! he's a very determined ambitious young american playerr that seems to have a real drive and lust for the game! Basically he can play all court tennis...he has no huge weapons but no glaring weaknesses either and he has a good temperment for the game! i feel he has enough about him to beat the inconsistent phau who bar one big win against gasquet earlier in the year when he came from a set and two breaks down, hasn't really got much form...and he basically tends to have concentration issues and his if ya put him under pressure his running forehand in particularly is quite suspect! harrison will be motivated, has had a week's rest since his challenger win last week and will want the chance to play in the maindraw of an event like morgan and keenan in front of home support!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sally Peers To beat Alexandra Stevenson at 4-6 paddypowers 2 points! I think the young 19 year old australian can get the better of the 30 year old veteran who is seriously on the decline for a long time now and shows no sign of any sort of revival of form! peers is a powerful girl whose game perhaps need s to be reeled in again... she still makes a lot of unforced errors, shows bad shot selection at times and her movement certainly nees to improve but she sure does have a lot of raw talent! she has a 1-3 win loss record this year which probably doesn't appear too impressive but the standard of opponents she has had to face are on a huge level above stevenson ( zahlavova-strycova, govortsova and kvitova in the first round of the australian open... whilst her win came against kleybanova) She's got a lot of potential and she proved it by getting through qualifiers at the Us open and reaching the second round only to find champion clijsters on a new level! her opponent today is a very very poor one! stevenson is a sinking ship and cant seem to make an impression even on the itf challenger circuit these days...she's already had poor straight sets losses this year to the likes of weinerova and schnack-whoever she is!! peers is capable of at least 2 or 3 levels above stevenson and the price of 4-6 almost seems suspicious to me! my only worry is that...with peers style of play...she is perhaps capable of beating herself and that's the only reason this isn't a 3 point tip....but she should be far too good for stevenson if she is at all motivated and fit!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 That was rather unfortunate. I thought Dolgopolov was playing better than Almagro in the second set. One for the night. (3/10) F.Verdasco to bt. J.M. Del Potro @ 2.30 at Pinnacle Their last match was very close. And that was when Del Potro was in a much better form than nowadays. In fact, he was in top form. Nowadays, something is still lacking. I think that Verdasco is now bound to get a good result and I am convinced that the win over Tipsarevic in the AO had a lasting effect on him. He is playing with confidence and Del Potro has not yet been tested in San Jose. Hewitt is past his prime and Lacko/Gabashvili are not class players. Verdasco is a serious challenger and who knows if Del Potro can overcome him. I think this is a 50/50 match and that the odds on Verdasco are therefore nice value, which I have to play.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 One small punt again (not a full stake, definitely not as confident as in the Verdasco - Del Potro match). (2/10) J.W.Tsonga (+3.5) to bt. R.Soderling @ 1.83 at Pinnacle Fancy Tsonga to play well here, he is slowly getting back to form and even though he has a bad record against Soderling, I think the Swede may be a little bit shaky here. He has not played that well against Youzhny and Troicki just self-destructed in the critical games. Tsonga will not and the surface will not trouble him at all. Both have great serves, so expect a tight match.

- Robin Soderling to win Rotterdam EW @ 4.33 (1/2, 1,2) with Stan James (3pts) WIN - Tomas Berdych to win Rotterdam EW @ 11.00 (1/2, 1,2) with Stan James (1pt) LOSS - Alexandr Dolgopolov to win Costa do Sauipe EW (1/2, 1,2) @ 8.00 with Stan James (2pts) PLACED
Soderling did the business in Rotterdam. Biggest scare was against Kohlschreiber but a fine performance nonetheless. Berdych ... well, we'll never know, as he retired suffering from flu before the quarter-final. My fear for Dolgopolov was coming up against Almagro and so it proved, the Spaniard proving a bit too hot in the final. Decent pay-out on the place, however. Now, all we need is for Kvitova to hold on for fishy and we'll have ourselves a superb week :ok