** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - January 31 - February 6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Overall results of the underdog scheme in Zagreb Indoors 2011 round1 Skugor (CRO) vs Mayer (GER): Skugor @Pinnacle 5,140 LOSS Pospíšil (CZE) vs Kunitsin (RUS): Pospíšil @Pinnacle 3,170 LOSS Mektic (CRO) vs Berrer (GER): Mektic @Pinnacle 3,625 LOSS Petzschner (GER) vs Hájek (CZE): Hájek @Pinnacle 3,990 LOSS Lacko (SVK) vs Ilhan (TUR): Ilhan @Pinnacle 2,800 LOSS Brands (GER) vs Karlovic (CRO): Brands @Pinnacle 3,160 WIN Granollers (ESP) vs Dodig (CRO): Granollers @Pinnacle 2,720 LOSS Å těpánek (CZE) vs Koubek (AUT): Koubek @Pinnacle 4,700 LOSS Kavcic (SLO) vs Zverev (GER): Zverev @Pinnacle 2,930 LOSS Bogomolov jr. (USA) vs Veic (CRO): Veic @Pinnacle 2,530 LOSS Marchenko (UKR) vs Lajovic (SRB): Lajovic @Pinnacle 3,820 LOSS -7.84 u Actually, of 12 first round matches, the favs won 10, which something exceptional. Really bad luck for this scheme :loon

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (7/10) M.Cilic-I.Kunitsyn-under 20.5 @ 1.84 LOSS (6/10) D.Brown-I.Van Der Merwe-over 22.5 @ 1.73 WIN Clic played very badly in the first set,unfortunately went over. Merwe has played great,tough match,he fought until the end. Today there was no loss or profit,tomorrow is another day,hopefully better than this.:\

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

- Michael Berrer (vs Blaz Kavcic) @ 1.82 with Pinnacle (5/10) Berrer got to the final in Zagreb last year and opened up with a good victory over Mektic in R1. Considering the propensity for Croats to pull off shock results in Zagreb, I think this shows Berrer is taking this tournament seriously. He's got an attacking game that suits the quick courts here and I expect him to forage to the net often. Kavcic has made big strides in the last 12 months but he still shows his inexperience, especially on serve, and he's more accustomed to outdoor tennis. He met Berrer last year and lost comprehensively, which suggests he had trouble with the German's style of play. Berrer has a lot to defend this week and I expect him to be pumped up. Kavcic is a dangerous player but if Berrer plays to his best, he'll beat him. Happy to take the odds on offer. :hope
Berrer looked pretty good acctually.. He played to his best and won comfortably.

- Marin Cilic -5 games (vs Igor Kunitsyn) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle (5/10) PUSH - Milos Raonic -4 games AH (vs Simon Greul) @ 1.85 with 188bet (5/10) LOSS - Michael Berrer (vs Blaz Kavcic) @ 1.82 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN - Thomaz Bellucci -4 games AH (vs Rui Machado) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (5/10) LOSS - Feliciano Lopez (vs Frank Dancevic) x Potito Starace (vs Pablo Andujar) @ 2.12 with Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS - Brian Dabul (vs Karol Beck) @ 2.15 with Unibet (4/10) LOSS
Sore one today. Cilic only really got motoring in the second set to get the push, Raonic was poor and didn't take his chances, Bellucci went missing in the second (he's doing that a lot, probably not one to trust on the handicap at present), Lopez ballsed up the tie-break and Dabul didn't have enough. Berrer was very impressive, but that merely did some cosmetic surgery on the betting balance. Apologies to those who followed, you get days like this sometimes. Hopefully tomorrow brings a better day.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Igor Andreev 2.00 Andreev should be dangerous in Santiago and Giraldo will be a number to small. Frank Dancev.. -2.5 1.83 Frank is back and serves greater then ever. Dudi Sela 2.62 Kevin is overrated. Sela has the game to beat him. Philipp Petzschner v Alex Bogomolov Under 20.5 1.83 Bogomolov is out in a rush here.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 This one is played early, but I will be back with more. (4/10) K.Beck (-1.5) to bt. G.Soeda @ 1.92 at Pinnacle I think that Beck has not been as poor as the results show. He is clearly playing at least on his average level and beating Dabul here is by no means a poor performance. Soeda is still just an average player that has never achieved anything and beating Schuettler is hardly impressive, since Sit seems that chuettler is struggling with his age nowadays.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 And the second early match seems good too, do not know about the rest, but there is a lot of time to think about them. (4/10) P.Petzschner/A.Bogomolov Under 20.5 games @ 1.90 at Pinnacle I was worried about whether the German will take this seriously, but his match against Hajek showed he will. Bogomolov should have lost already and he is very lucky to still be in the tournament. He has no weapons with which he could hurt the German, so this should be all about concentration. If Petzschner stays solid, Bogomolov has no chance.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (5/10) D.Gremelmayr-A.Mannarino - Mannarino-3.5 @ 1.98 Mannarino is in good shape he plays well.Iexpect him to be in semifinals.I think that he will have a lot of break opportunities and he should easily win. (5/10) I.Andreev-S.Giraldo- Andreev-1.5 @ 2.07 Andreev has already won Giraldo and should win again.Giraldo has disappointed me in the first match he had played,very bad service and a poor backhand.Andreev plays well and I think he will be able to cover the hendicap. (7/10) F.Dancevic-F.Wolmarans-Dancevic @ 1.51 X K.Anderson-D.Sela-Anderson @1.47 Dancevic is a great server and he plays well and he should beat Wolmarans.Wolmarans made enough and I think that this is the end for him. Anderson is the favorite in the tournament and must win,Sela is a good player but this tournament is in service.Dont think that Sela can win this match. (6/10) I.Dodig-Y.Marchenko - over 22.5 @ 1.93 Marchenko beat Dodig before,Dodig plays at home so he will put a fight,match can go either way but I think three sets are possible. (6/10) F.Dancevic-F.Wolmarans - over 22 @ 1.71 I must say that this tournament is played in three sets or go in breaks and I think that Dancevic and Wolmarans will play like that.Personally hope for 7-5 7-5 for Dancevic.:hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Fingers crossed for a better day's betting for me ... going to stick with it. - Under 20.5 games AH (Philipp Petzschner vs Alex Bogomolov Jnr) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle (5/10) Really surprised that Bogomolov Jnr has made it this far. He should have been beaten by Veic but the Croat choked big time. Not sure he'll be afforded the same sort of luxury by Petzschner here, who is a far more solid player, especially on his serve. Petzschner took care of Hajek pretty quickly and served well, and I'd expect the same again. Bogomolov Jnr hasn't got the consistency and I'm not sure he'll enjoy Petzschner's forays to the net. Can't see the American lasting long in this one. - Illya Marchenko +3 games AH (vs Ivan Dodig) @ 1.94 with 188bet (4/10) I'm not sure Marchenko should be available on this line at this price. Dodig has only really been priced like this because he took a set off Djokovic at the Australian Open. He beat Granollers last time out but the Spaniard is not a particularly good indoors player. Marchenko, for me, has more talent than Dodig. He's a good indoors player who is aggressive and really goes for his forehand. He beat Dodig in this tournament and at this stage last year. Both men have improved since then but I still rate Marchenko as the better player. I feel the bookies have missed a trick here, so I'll take the young Ukrainian on the handicap. - David Nalbandian -4.5 games AH (vs Horacio Zeballos) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle (4/10) I'm going to chance a good performance from Nalbandian here. He dropped a set to Berlocq in the last round but I expect him to come on for that performance. Zeballos is not the player we expected to see when he broke in at the tail end of 2009. He's too errant with his shots and is untrustworthy in matches. I'm not sure clay is really his best surface either. Nalbandian's got the shots to pull him about and expose him. I'm surprised the line hasn't held firm at -5 so happy to play this. Think Nalbandian should be too strong here. - Adrian Mannarino (vs Denis Gremelmayr) x Potito Starace (vs Pablo Andujar) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle (4/10) Mannarino's been having a good time of it lately, breaking into the top 100 and cementing his place. He's a good all-round player with a nice serve and is currently playing at a level above Gremelmayr, who is essentially now a Challenger player. Neither man was especially convincing in R1 but both were acclimatising to the altitude in Johannesburg. I'd expect Mannarino to progress here. As for Starace, I spoke about him yesterday in my failed double with Lopez. He leads the H2H 4-0 and is a solid server on clay who moves well. A H2H like that should boost his confidence, and I'd expect him to progress too. :hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Zagreb indoors: Clement vs Gasquet: Clement @Pinnacle 3.63 Clement vs Gasquet: Clement + 3.5 @Pinnacle 2.07 Funny to see that big odds against a player who actually leads H2H 3-1. Clement dismantled Kukushkin in R1 64 63. Gasquet just starts his mission here in R2 as a seed No 4. Gasquet did not play on this tournament for last couple of years and I would question his motivation. Clement was stopped in R1 by Croatian players in last two years and, a fighter as he is, I would say that this time he is going to take the chance to go to quarterfinal. Their matches were always tight ones, so I expect Clement at least to cover the handicap.

Fingers crossed for a better day's betting for me ... going to stick with it. - Under 20.5 games AH (Philipp Petzschner vs Alex Bogomolov Jnr) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle (5/10) Really surprised that Bogomolov Jnr has made it this far. He should have been beaten by Veic but the Croat choked big time. Not sure he'll be afforded the same sort of luxury by Petzschner here, who is a far more solid player, especially on his serve. Petzschner took care of Hajek pretty quickly and served well, and I'd expect the same again. Bogomolov Jnr hasn't got the consistency and I'm not sure he'll enjoy Petzschner's forays to the net. Can't see the American lasting long in this one. Almost done this one, lololol

Incredible really' date=' that result is a massive shock but that's what happens in Zagreb :rollin Wouldn't give up on Beck yet ...[/quote'] Yep, just as I was writing it, he turns it on. Hopefully he can serve it out now for a very good profit for the day. :hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Gasquet takes on an ageing Clement today in Zagreb. Well past his best he struggled badly last year while Gasquet is still trying to find consistency in his game. But Gasquet should dominate this all french affair in a tournament in which he should have high hopes of challenging for looking at the form of the rest of the field. Starace leads the head to head 4-0 against Andujar so I'm slightly surprised he is not priced shorter than he is today. He had a tough win in the first round and should be accustomed to conditions now. He should be able to get past Andujar today for the 5th time in a row. Andreev takes on Giraldo in Santiago and in my opinion is an all round better clay courter than the South American. He also tends to play very well at this time of year and has had good success on the South American clay swing in recent years. I'm surprised the Russian is priced as high as he is and hopefully he can be a bit too solid for Giraldo later today. Gasquet bt Clement & Starace bt Andujar 1pt double @ 1.82 (SportingBet) Andreev bt Giraldo 1.5pts win @ 5/6 (StanJames)

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 daniel brands plus 3.5 games versus ivan ljubicic at 4-5 bet365 3 points Brands is back in good form again, he had a good week last week beating the likes of berrer and galung before under-performing a little in the final against lefty knittel. But the key fact is he is serving really well. ljubicic isn't renowned for his service returns and generally struggles on fast courts like in zagreb...just look at his wimbledon record also...it's awful. he has hardly shown much form either this season...and is getting on a bit! that's not to say he isn't still capable of mixing with the big boys but it's just not his style to come racing out of the blocks these days in tournaments and i expect brands to keep it tight. ljubicic simply doesn't like quick surfaces...he needs a little more time to set up his big swinging groundstrokes. he also won't enjoy brands serving aces past him all day. it should be close though as ivan plays at home and also has a big serve to rely on but that didn't bother brands so much against giant server karlovic who he beat in a third set tie break yesterday and that will surely give him confidence for todays clash with lubo! brands should cover the handicap!

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Now what's going on with this Clement vs Gasquet match? Should have started one hour ago, rain delay not applicable, so why is it so delayed? I heard something like someone being ill in the french live TV commentary, but my french is not that level. Anyone could shed light on this? edit: as expected, the official website is all about awfull graphics, but news section contains Cilic whorshiping babbles and no useful news