** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Jimmy Colin wants him to run in the supreme like all the family except 3 bob and Jean (the owners ) and one of their daughters. reason is crazy they want him to run in champions because they worry they wont be around next year and would rather lose the champion than the supreme.:@:@

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle The run LTO was excellent but it is such a strong race (the CH) he could run a blinder and not place. Like I said before I would leave it until next year and take his chance in the SN. Cheers for the update mate

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Rat totally agree but it's last race he was 1 piece of work short due to the snow.colin is adamant he would of one even the owners and trainer of menorah spoke to us saying they could not believe they had beaten him johnson said he would'nt do it again. But The stable are not pleased how there horses are running at the moment and are concerned they may have a bug.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle

Jimmy Colin wants him to run in the supreme like all the family except 3 bob and Jean (the owners ) and one of their daughters. reason is crazy they want him to run in champions because they worry they wont be around next year and would rather lose the champion than the supreme.:@:@
Yeh sounds pretty crazy. Collin was also saying they were going to give him another run the end of this month, now they are not and going straight to the festival. Collin Tizzard has my nerves shattered, i had 3 large bets on Imperial commander to win the King George, now in the Bin, i have 3 more for Cue card but all for the Supreme, going for the CH will put me over the edge. I will take Hostages.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Owners pay the bills,,,and deserve to choose entries,,,they knocked back huge offers to keep this horse,,,C.TIZZARD should be gratefull that they did...otherwise he would be in a different stable.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle They did not want mount oscar to run the other day due to ground and carring to much weight and still they run him:wall.Colin asked them to sell cc to one of the big guns as he would still be allowed it in the yard checky i think. sorry if this is in the wrong thread i shut up now.

Jim Dont panic they are starting to side with the Supreme.If some of the "Best" horses fail to get to Champion chase they might change there mind just keeping opyions open. Just wondering if it was you who have been threating the Tizzards if he does not run in the supreme:rollin
The champion Chase ? yeh they better run him in the S/N or else they are off my xmas card list.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle I do not think Cue Card will win this race - Look at other horses especially from over the water in the land of the Emerald Green. No seriously his Hurdling does not look that Slick has the speed but like Dunguib another hotpot needs to tighten up his hurdling - you need slick fast jumping to win this . I was hot on Dunguib last year could not see him being beaten but was advised and grudgingly admit that his hurdling was not upto scratch and thus it was proven. Anyhow thats my penny worth of advise.;)

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Of course his jumping is not 100 perfect. It's called the novice for a reason after all but i've yet to see him make a bad mistake or look at all guessy in any of his races. I was at Aintree the Sunday he won without coming off the bridle in what was not a bad race and I said to myself then that if he goes for the SN then he looks about as much a cert as it can get. The others near it in the betting just dont look anything like his class and to my mind the only danger is that we get a scenario like last year where one at a massive price nobody was considering comes along and chins him.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle SUPREME NOVICE HURDLE TRENDS 2011 The Cheltenham Festival kicks off on Tuesday 15th March with the Stan James Supreme Novices’ Hurdle, a grade 1 over 2M 110 yards. This race has been very good to the Irish in recent years and no surprise to see several Irish trained runners towards the top of the market. Below we take a look at the trends for the past 10 years: Age (Win-Place-Runners) 4yo: 0-1-11 5yo: 3-10-89 6yo: 5-7-73 7yo: 1-1-24 8yo: 1-1-5 9yo: 0-0-1 No strong trends on ages, 8 of the last 10 winners were aged 5 or 6, but those age groups represented just under 80% of the total runners. Recent/Past Form 9 of 10 winners ran in the past 45 days 8 of 10 winners won last time out 10 of 10 winners had run 2 to 4 times over hurdles since August 9 of 10 winners won at least half their hurdle starts 9 of 10 winners had not finished worst that 3rd over hurdles that season (exception was 4th in grade 1 Christmas Hurdle) 5 of 10 winners had finished in the first 2 in a grade 1 hurdle 7 of 10 winners had won a bumper (other 3 were flat bred rated 86+ on the level) 3 of 10 winners had won at Cheltenham (7 others were having first course start) Other Races Deloitte Novices Hurdle winner: 3113 (2-2-4) Royal Bond Novice Hurdle winner (Zaidpour): 12003 (1-2-5) Johnstown Novice Hurdle winner: 01 (1-0-2) Tolworth Hurdle winner (Minella Class): 501 (1-0-3) Champion Bumper winner (Cue Card): 753 (0-1-3) Moscow Flyer Novice Hurdle winner (Gagewell Flyer): 280 (0-1-3) Future Champions Novice Hurdle winner (First Lieutenant): 35U0 (0-1-4) Sharp Novices' Hurdle winner (Cue Card): 0900 (0-0-4) 2 of 10 winners ran in the Royal Bond, finishing 12 2 of 10 winners ran in the Deloitte Novice Hurdle, finishing 11 Trainers Irish-trained horses (7-5-63) have taken 7 of the last 10 renewals, including 3 of the last 4. Noel Meade (2-1-11) won the race with Sausalito Bay in 2000 & with Go Native in 2009. Philip Hobbs (1-2-7), Paul Nicholls (1-1-11), Eddie O’Grady (1-0-5) and Willie Mullins (1-0-11) have each trained the winner once in the last 10 renewals. Nicky Henderson (0-4-13) has seen 4 of his 13 runners make the frame. Price Recent trend has been towards longer prices with 4 of the last 6 winners going off 12/1 or bigger, including a 40/1 winner. Favourites (3-4-12) have won 3 of the last 10 giving a level stakes profit of 1.25. Summary: Based on the trends from the past 10 years you are looking for a horse: · Won last time out in the past 45 days · Run in 2 to 4 hurdles this season and won at least half those starts · Never finished outside first 3 over hurdles · Finished in the first 2 in a grade 1 hurdle · Finished in first 2 in the Royal Bond or Deloitte Novice Hurdle · Trained in Ireland · Won a bumper or rated 86+ on the flat

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle I see The Real Article is now in the betting for this race , i havent a clue what they are doing with this horse, they could possibly be waiting for Aintree but whenever it runs ill be on it... 50/1 for the supreme at moment

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Very keen on Sprinter Sacre if Cue Card doesn't take his chance in this. Personally, I think the Tizzards will go for this race though. Spirit Son looks class but his splayed action to me preference for underfoot conditions and still has a bit to prove. Cracking prospect though.

SUPREME NOVICE HURDLE TRENDS 2011 The Cheltenham Festival kicks off on Tuesday 15th March with the Stan James Supreme Novices’ Hurdle, a grade 1 over 2M 110 yards. This race has been very good to the Irish in recent years and no surprise to see several Irish trained runners towards the top of the market. Below we take a look at the trends for the past 10 years: Age (Win-Place-Runners) 4yo: 0-1-11 5yo: 3-10-89 6yo: 5-7-73 7yo: 1-1-24 8yo: 1-1-5 9yo: 0-0-1 No strong trends on ages, 8 of the last 10 winners were aged 5 or 6, but those age groups represented just under 80% of the total runners. Recent/Past Form 9 of 10 winners ran in the past 45 days 8 of 10 winners won last time out 10 of 10 winners had run 2 to 4 times over hurdles since August 9 of 10 winners won at least half their hurdle starts 9 of 10 winners had not finished worst that 3rd over hurdles that season (exception was 4th in grade 1 Christmas Hurdle) 5 of 10 winners had finished in the first 2 in a grade 1 hurdle 7 of 10 winners had won a bumper (other 3 were flat bred rated 86+ on the level) 3 of 10 winners had won at Cheltenham (7 others were having first course start) Other Races Deloitte Novices Hurdle winner: 3113 (2-2-4) Royal Bond Novice Hurdle winner (Zaidpour): 12003 (1-2-5) Johnstown Novice Hurdle winner: 01 (1-0-2) Tolworth Hurdle winner (Minella Class): 501 (1-0-3) Champion Bumper winner (Cue Card): 753 (0-1-3) Moscow Flyer Novice Hurdle winner (Gagewell Flyer): 280 (0-1-3) Future Champions Novice Hurdle winner (First Lieutenant): 35U0 (0-1-4) Sharp Novices' Hurdle winner (Cue Card): 0900 (0-0-4) 2 of 10 winners ran in the Royal Bond, finishing 12 2 of 10 winners ran in the Deloitte Novice Hurdle, finishing 11 Trainers Irish-trained horses (7-5-63) have taken 7 of the last 10 renewals, including 3 of the last 4. Noel Meade (2-1-11) won the race with Sausalito Bay in 2000 & with Go Native in 2009. Philip Hobbs (1-2-7), Paul Nicholls (1-1-11), Eddie O’Grady (1-0-5) and Willie Mullins (1-0-11) have each trained the winner once in the last 10 renewals. Nicky Henderson (0-4-13) has seen 4 of his 13 runners make the frame. Price Recent trend has been towards longer prices with 4 of the last 6 winners going off 12/1 or bigger, including a 40/1 winner. Favourites (3-4-12) have won 3 of the last 10 giving a level stakes profit of 1.25. Summary: Based on the trends from the past 10 years you are looking for a horse: · Won last time out in the past 45 days · Run in 2 to 4 hurdles this season and won at least half those starts · Never finished outside first 3 over hurdles · Finished in the first 2 in a grade 1 hurdle · Finished in first 2 in the Royal Bond or Deloitte Novice Hurdle · Trained in Ireland · Won a bumper or rated 86+ on the flat
So, if im not mistaken then, CC is a swerve in this race according to the stats. Well, im not much of a stat man, more a "is that price fair" sort of bloke and if he is looking like going off at under 5/2 I wont be backing him.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle In my opinion, if Cue Card is 5/2 on the day the market will take it. I will - think it's value for what I reckon is a strong favourite. Cheltenham form in big fields, travels like a tank - ideally would like a bit more off the bridle and perhaps an extra hurdles run, but compared to others prominent in the market he offers the most and has a rating that would win the Supreme in most years. Would have won it purely on ratings last year - not the best guide admittedly, but bar the disappointing Get Me Out of Here the Supreme form is really working out this season.

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle Only thing that keeps popping up in the back of my mind is that this race is usually a race the Irish go for quite heavily and they do seem to win a few.Also there is another week or so of racing and I have a feeling the horse may well show itself in this period.The next Kempton meeting may well have a hand in this race as well as a couple of winners came from there .:D

Cue Card comfirmed for the Supreme but leaving the Champion option open incase a few go wrong.
Where did you hear this mate? I had my customary additional ten minute sit downs in the bog today with the phone out pillocking about on the net and didn't come across any news alerts like that. Has his price altered much since the announcment?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tues 1.30 : Supreme Novices' Hurdle http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/11/02/27/RACING_Power.html&BID=465 EDIT: Just posting what the link is to Jimmy - Paddy Power offer to refund losing bets on the Supreme Novices if Cue Card wins Thanks Mowgli77. Sorry about that i was a wee bit pressed for time.