Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

kevshat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

Does anyone think Waites' price is too low versus Bunting?
Yeh, I laid that 1.25 y'day..way too short IMO and really like your Bunting HCap bet! RussP... the 2/1 on Bunting 180's gone. 2.2 now! Still worth it?

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One for the early match. 10pts (7/10) A. Norris to bt. G.Thompson @ 1.80 at Coral Shame I did not get the bigger price, but I am liking Norris more and more in this one. Thompson was truly terrible in the first match and these players are not from the bunch that can improve dramatically from one game to another. Norris is the more talented and motivated player, so I like him to beat the "Cougar" here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Two more for the other two. 3pts (2/10) S. Bunting to bt. S. Waites @ 3.94 at Pinnacle Too big a price surely, Waites is not a guaranteed winner. He is the better player, but he crashed out last year too in a surprising manner and his first match was not anything to write home about - his opponent just did not show up. Bunting is not anything spectacular either, but he was better than Waites in the first round and should not be bigger than around 2.80 here in my opinion. 10pts (7/10) R. Green to bt. D. Winstanley @ 1.90 at Pinnacle I do not watch BDO match, but how Winstanley is number three is beyond me. He cannot concentrate in my opinion. I have seen him in the final of the Czech Open against Waites and when Waites gained the lead, he just started to smile and took the rest of the match with a little bit of fun. That is not a proffesional approach and Green, who is solid on doubles, will punish him if he starts messing around.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Just the one for me tonight. Agree with all the thoughts on the Bullet but last year he was being bigged up for his game with O'Shea and lost 4-0. He did hit 8 180's in that though. 4pts A.Norris (-1.5 sets) to beat G.Thompson 11/8 Paddy Power I'm quite happy to take the bigger risk on Norris here because I thought he was very good in his opening match against the in form Ross Montgomery. Thompson was awful and just about any of the other losing 1st round players apart from the one he played would have put him out. Now he's better than that, a lot better than that but I actually think Norris is better than his 86 average. He's been up in the 90 averages on this Lakeside stage before but been edged out in classics. For the first time in a couple of years he's into the 2nd round. Last time he was in this round he lost 4-0 to Waites with a 90 average. He's not facing a Scott Waites here however. With the extra freedom of a couple more sets I think Norris will perform really well tonight. His heavy scoring will be too much for Thompson and so I'm pretty confident 'Chuck' can win this one no worse than 4-2.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 This tournament has become difficult to predict. Form from the first round seemed to completely reverse in the second round :\. I'm -9.22 for the tournament now but taking one tonight. 4pts M.Adams (-2.5 sets) to beat R.Smith 8/11 Sportingbet Ross Smith has done well to get through to this stage but neither of his opponents have shown up against him and his 84 average which he's managed in both games won't get the job done tonight against a Wolfie who has averaged 92 in both his matches. Matches which were pretty long. Wolfie's experience on this stage counts for a lot against a young lad playing the biggest game of his life. Sure there will be an ounce of nothing to lose for the kid but when you think about it there is. Take Wolfie out of this event and it's anyones. Wolfie was pushed all the way by John Boy in the last round but you've got to give credit to Walton, he was nothing short of at his best and I don't think the Kent youngster has that sort of game in him. Adams is too solid and too consistent. He beat Garry Thompson in the quarters last year 5-2 and I think he'll win this one by at least that scoreline if not a bit easier.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Czech Punter, my advice is to be consistent. If you normally lay, then lay. Personally I don't so would let it ride. Good luck:ok +13.17pts for me, and I'm taking one tomorrow. S.Bunting v D.Winstanley, over 7.5 sets 4pts @ 11/10 BlueSq I still cannot believe how this has been priced, this price is absolutely massive. It really is a 'pick em' match, and there's no way I can see either of these running away with this match 5-2 or more. It could be argued that their respective games haven't been that close so far in the competition, other than Winstanley's match against the Diet in round 1. However, this now brings together 2 very in form players, the winner of which will be a very warm order to reach a Lakeside final. They are both very evenly matched, Bunting with averages of 94 and 90 and Winstanley bringing averages of 90 and 89. Add to that the pressure of this match where it really is THE crucial game in their run to the final, I just don't see there being more than 1 set in it. Fortunately, we've been given the comfort blanket of a 2 set difference so at a massive price that will not last, I'm on the overs.

Czech Punter, my advice is to be consistent. If you normally lay, then lay. Personally I don't so would let it ride. Good luck:ok
It is ironic, really. I was giving advice on whether to lay or not here a few days ago (and there was a similar topic in the pdc thread). Now I'm facing the decision myself :rollin. Edit: I will see the prices and decide then, also according to who will be in the other semifinal.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Back into -6.30 for the competition after Wolfie won last night. 3 for tonight. 5pts D.Winstanley vs S.Bunting - Over 7.5 sets Evs Blue Square 3pts Over 12.5 180's 5/6 Boylesports This should be a really tasty quarter final and I agree with Russ the over 7.5 sets is priced up wrong. I've not got the 11/10 but I'm happy to take the Evs. It should be 8/11 and shorter for me. I confess I've not seen much of Winstanley, it's only been this tournament I've really seen him in and what I've noticed is he can hit 180's but can't count for toffee. Hopefully somebody will lend him a calculator tonight and he'll be a good thing for 3 sets then. Stevie Bunting has come of age this week. He's playing top level arrers at the minute and can't be more confident having given Scott Waites his arse on Wednesday night. He's a solid 180 scorer as well and his scoring will keep him well in this match. Winstanley was pretty impressive against Green on Wednesday once he'd worked out what he wanted. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one go the full 9 sets. I don't think there's much between them on form this week. They've hit 17 180's between them this week and if we get the 8 or 9 sets these two have the scoring power to put in 13 or more 180's. 3pts G.Thompson to beat J.Dekker 11/10 William Hill Garry Thompson hasn't pulled up any trees this week but I think it's wrong to have Dekker as favourite for this one. This is the biggest match of Dekker's career but he's still young and I think this could get the better of him. 'Glory' Garry Thompson is as experienced as they come and has been to this stage before. He's well laid back so I don't expect the occasion to get the better of him. In a way, Thompson didn't actually play that badly against Norris in the main the other night. Norris never turned up until set 3 I grant you but from 2-2 Thompson played some good darts and deserved his victory in the end. The way he held himself together when 'Chuck' came back at him was good to see. Dekker will give this a good shot but I'll go for experience over youth in this final quarter final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One more tonight in the womens final. It's a max bet too. 10pts T.Gulliver to beat R.Edwards 2-0 3/4 Boylesports Even at 3/4 I think this is a massive price on the Golden Girl to win this in straight sets. Having won the title 8 times and being in every final since the tournament was introduced, Gulliver isn't going to have to worry about the occasion. Rhian Edwards has been to the final of this before but is yet to win it. This is actually a re run of last year's final. A final which Gulliver won 2-0. I really don't see no other outcome tonight. In both the quarter final and the semi final Gulliver has averaged 10 more than Edwards. Edwards had a terrific win over Julie Gore in the quarters but her tilt at the title comes up short tonight. Gulliver is a heavy scorer and a very solid finisher and she'll just be too good. Gulliver's good enough to compete in the mens event here and I think she'll prove that in winning her 9th world title by taking this 2-0.

One more tonight in the womens final. It's a max bet too. 10pts T.Gulliver to beat R.Edwards 2-0 3/4 Boylesports Even at 3/4 I think this is a massive price on the Golden Girl to win this in straight sets. Having won the title 8 times and being in every final since the tournament was introduced, Gulliver isn't going to have to worry about the occasion. Rhian Edwards has been to the final of this before but is yet to win it. This is actually a re run of last year's final. A final which Gulliver won 2-0. I really don't see no other outcome tonight. In both the quarter final and the semi final Gulliver has averaged 10 more than Edwards. Edwards had a terrific win over Julie Gore in the quarters but her tilt at the title comes up short tonight. Gulliver is a heavy scorer and a very solid finisher and she'll just be too good. Gulliver's good enough to compete in the mens event here and I think she'll prove that in winning her 9th world title by taking this 2-0.
Didn't really need to watch... If Kev max bets a 2-0... It's gonna finish 2-0!! :ok Edit.. Grabbed a bite to eat in Thompson match.. I'm sure he was 3-0 up?!?!?

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 BDO is a nightmare really. Some ridiculous stuff happening this year. Martin Phillips being unable to finish Ten Berge off is one thing, but Thompson losing from 3-0 to a newcomer is another one really. Also, how often do you see people celebrating 140s (Dekker) and players not being able to count at the "World Championship"? Cannot complain too much about the betting side, but I felt this was probably the worst televised darts event this season - some people were suggesting that the difference between the PDC and the BDO is not so great. In all honesty, it is.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 None for me today. However, Kevshat is on his way to Bath to watch Luton play, and has asked me to post this up for him, with a brief reasoning.... 4pts D.Winstanley v J.Dekker, over 13.5 180's Evs Boylesports Both of these are heavy scorers and should continue to score well in this Lakeside semi. Dekker scored 8 yesterday in 9 sets against Garry Thompson, whilst Winstanley scored 6 in his 5-1 demolition of Bunting. Strongly feel that this will go at least 9 sets and no surprise to see it go a lot, lot further. Based on their averages of 1 maximum per set each yesterday, then we'd only need 7 sets for this to land. If we do get the 9+ sets, then that should be enough to bring in the overs here. Good luck Kev:ok

Can't find a bet for the final at all so I've finished betting wise for this year's BDO. Slightly disappointing after a fantastic start but still ended well in profit at +9.17pts.
In what has been an unpredicatable tournament thats a good effort :clap

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 well done russ, i couldnt get into it this year as a bit busy and the flu has done me in, had a ticket for tuesday night but couldnt make it which is a shame as i love the place I saw Dean win today and he looked afterwards as if that was his final so i am taking Adams to win easily tomorrow, possibly 7-1 @ 12/1 7-2 @ 13/2 & 7-3 @ 11/2

In what has been an unpredicatable tournament thats a good effort :clap
Totally agree. I'm -8.30 thus far after a couple of really unlucky losses in the last two nights but I'm going with two in the final. 3pts D.Winstanley to beat M.Adams 15/8 Sportingbet 5pts Over 43.5 legs 5/6 Sportingbet I really like the overs on the 43.5 legs line. Whenever Wolfie wins a match on this stage he rarely does it easily. I just wonder whenever he goes well in front of an opponent if he doesn't think back to that Chris Mason epic on this stage. Either way, any Adams win here is likely to be tight as his opponents are always in the game. However I don't think Adams will win this final. They say debutants don't win at the Lakeside but equally debutants aren't usually number 3 seeds. I've been very impressed with Dean Winstanley this week. He started off a bit shakily but he's seen off 3 tricky opponents in very fine style and very comprehensively since then. He can't count and seems to want to leave tops all the time but he can score well and when he leaves tops he's deadly. Wolfie's been through the ringer this week on more than one occasion and often when you use up emotional energy in the lead up to the final it's hard to get up for it again. We saw that with Dave Chisnall last year. Had his back to the wall all week and then couldn't find it again in the final. I think Winstanley's scoring pressure will be too much for Wolfie here. If Winstanley hits his doubles he'll take a lot of beating. I do think Wolfie's a fighter though so whichever way this is won it'll be won in a close match. I just think Winstanley could be the fresher of the two and if the nerves and occasion don't get the better of him I think the Yorkshireman can take the world title tonight at a very tidy price.