Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

Cheers for the Decker tip guys :ok great shout! In truth tho he beat a poor opponent and I can't see him beating Kellet, next up. Kellet was pretty awesome but dont you think 9/2 a tad of an overreaction to win it? Debutants dont have a great record here after all...
Kellett's best priced 7/1. But even after that, I wouldn't be getting on off the back of 1 result. Yes, he played very well but played fcuk all really. Never under any pressure. 94 average is none too shabby but there are others that are just as capable of hitting that, and he'll have to go some to keep that up for the rest of the tournament. The price has long since gone on Kellett. Could go far but a definite no bet for me.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Factoring in the outright loss, I'm up to +10.69pts. This afternoon sees the end of the 1st round, with 2 games to open up Round 2 this evening (not sure what those matches are yet so will have to come back to them). Anyway, a couple of me this afternoon. D.Winstanley to beat M.Atkins 4pts @ 3/4 SportingBet Again, we're taking advantage of the bookies kind offer of a refund for a last set decider so Atkins will have to win 3-1 or 3-0 for these to be a loser. Winstanley is seeded 3 off the back of some really good form in 2010, including winning 3 open events and making the final of 4 more. He's beaten the likes of Scott Waites, Tony O'Shea and Stuart Kellett in the last 6 months so is clearly a decent player and deserving of a seeding. Recent played at the Zuiderduin Masters and in the first round averaged almost 93 in a defeat of the Badger, Dave Prins before demolishing Waites 5-0 with a 95 average. That suggests he should be ready for this, his Lakeside debut. His opponent Martin Atkins has been around a bit but, as someone has already suggested (Kevshat;)), Atkins is a better diet than a darts player!!! Has done absolutely nothing in 2010 and I see no reason to suggest he'll improve that here. Lost in the 1st round here 12 months ago, 3-1 to Paul Carter, and I do believe another exit is on the cards. If Winstanley wants to prove his high seeding is no fluke, he must dispose of opponents like this, something I think he'll do with the minimum of fuss. R.Green (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Boulton 3pts @ 8/11 Boylesports Undoubtedly, Robbie Green is in excellent form at present and if he brings that game here, he should win in a canter. In the last 8 weeks, he's won the NI Open and made the final of the Zuiderduin, including wins over Fitton, Adams and Robson along the way. Add to that impressive averages in all 5 of his games there, a 88 plus 4 performances over 92 confirm that Kong is in excellent nick. Made his debut here last year and put in a good performance to run Silverback Tony O'Shea to a final set decider. His opponent, Andy Boulton, isn't in the same class as some of those opponents we've mentioned above. Hasn't really shown much this last 12 months apart from a win at the Airdrie European Open. Otherwise, has looked pretty poor. Did make the 2nd round here in 2008 beating The Diet 3-2 in round 1 before crashing 4-1 to Hankey next up. His averages then were 82, that won't be enough to deal with Kong here and I'm sweet on the favourites chances of walking away with a win, 3-1 or better.

Just one for the opening round. 7pts Tony West (+2.5 sets) to bt. Martin Adams @ 1.72 at Coral
+5.04pts for the thread with my first winner. Like Hankey to beat Waites, but will not do that because of my outright, which will have solid chance to bring something if he indeed wins. Skybet still have Winstanley at solid price, so I will take that even without any insurance. 8pts Dean Winstanley to bt. Martin Atkins @ 1.72 at Skybet I like the favorite here a lot. He performed well in his last tournaments and also in the Czech Open, where he lost only to Waites, who was in great form back then. Atkins, on the other hand, has done nothing significant this year and I cannot see him hurting Winstanley in this clash. Everything speaks for Winstanley - and although his win is by no means guaranteed, the price is solid enough to make me play.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 The 2 second round matches taking place today are... John Walton v Martin Adams Willy Van de Wiel v Ross Smith Starting around 7pm (but that's always subject to change). Will come back with bets later:ok

+5.04pts for the thread with my first winner. 8pts Dean Winstanley to bt. Martin Atkins @ 1.72 at Skybet
Yep Yep :) A little bit lucky in the end, but it is a winner nonetheless and that is what counts. Brings me to +10.8pts for the tournament so far. Nothing interesting in today's second round in my opinion. Walton on handicap perhaps, but nothing else.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 2 more for the evening 2nd round matches. M.Adams to hit most 180's v J.Walton 3pts @ 11/10 Paddy Power I'm sure many people won't see the logic behind this bet but I'm quite keen on it. Here are the basic stats; John Boy hit 6 maximums in his first round win whilst Wolfie hit just 1. So, why would I take such a bet? Well, I believe Wolfie will come alive and win this match quite comfortably. After a decidedly dodgy start, he came back against Tony West and scored very well indeed, en route to no less than 17 140's with the 1 180 in just 17 legs. John Boy, on the other hand, played some solid darts all the way through, hitting 6 180's and 6 more 140's in 16 legs. If Wolfie can convert some of those 140's into maximums, then we have a very solid bet especially if, as expected, he moves through the gears in his bid to retain the championship. W.Van de Wiel to beat R.Smith 4pts @ 4/5 SportingBet A massive scalp in round 1 for young Ross Smith, taking out O'Shea, but I think that's the end of the road. It really was his final and I think he'll struggle to repeat it tonight. Quite often we see a player underperform after beating one of the big guns just 24 hours previous and I'm certain this will happen again. Despite his great win, we need to put his stats into perspective. He won with an average of 84 and his biggest checkout was just 40. Contrast that to Van de Wiel who struggled early doors for consistency as qualifer Allan Soutar played really well but once up & running, he looked very decent indeed. Averaged just shy of 87 and checked out 103 and 95. Also had legs of 11, 13, 14 and 15 darts which, if he repeats this evening, should ensure a comfortable passage through to the quarters. At a good price and with the final set money back offer on our side, I'll take the 9th seed to progress and set up a likely quarter final against Wolfie.

worth noting that the four semi finalists here are going to be offered a tour card for the PDC tour for 2011' date=' without having to qualify just wonder who if any will accept the invitation[/quote'] Where did you hear that? I will put my house on Adams saying no! What is a tour card exactly? Entries paid to all protour events? would be interested in Waites decision... I personally thought he would step across regardless and probably get PL wildcard, definitely fancy it if he has no 'expenses' to pay...

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Haven't followed the draw through... But Kellett might be a yes... O'Shea (already out...) is also unlikely to ever do it... Chisnall might be good enough... But isn't keen in the 'circuit' as far as I know... More an exhibition player...

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 it's on the PDC website the four semi finalists will be given a tour card which will be required to play in 99% of all PDC events only the UK open would be exempt from this the tour will be restricted to 128 players , from 2011. they still ahve to pay PDPA membership and i am pretty certain they still have to pay to enter all events the idea is only the top 128 players will be on the tour. and they will hopefully have sponsors to take care of expenses. there will be a qualifing school to determine new mwmwbers every year the one for 2011 kicks of later this month . i would expect to see any players who don't qualify for tour defecting back to the BDO as the only event they can enter would be the UK open.

it's on the PDC website the four semi finalists will be given a tour card which will be required to play in 99% of all PDC events only the UK open would be exempt from this the tour will be restricted to 128 players ' date=' from 2011. they still ahve to pay PDPA membership and i am pretty certain they still have to pay to enter all events the idea is only the top 128 players will be on the tour. and they will hopefully have sponsors to take care of expenses. there will be a qualifing school to determine new mwmwbers every year the one for 2011 kicks of later this month . i would expect to see any players who don't qualify for tour defecting back to the BDO as the only event they can enter would be the UK open.[/quote'] Yep darts is going all golf on us. Just a couple of things to point out. The tour card is only for the players championship events. UK Open qualifiers and things like world championship, grand slam qualifiers etc are open to everyone. If someone with a tour card doesn't take up a place in a players championship event it goes to the Q-school losers in order of where they lost. Given that Barney has a tour card but doesn't play many tour events, ditto Taylor, then there will be plenty of opportunities to play PDC events albeit it isn't strictly guaranteed as Barney and Taylor could in theory turn up to all events although it's unlikely. As for tonight, I'm following Russ. 3pts W.van der Wiel to beat R.Smith 17/20 Betfred I agree with Russ' sentiments entirely. We've seen in the PDC how beating Taylor takes a lot out of you and you struggle the next day and that could well be the case for young Ross Smith here. Smudger sent the Silverback packing in good style yesterday but it won't be easy for him to build back up for an important game tonight over a distance he won't have played too often. Willy van der Wiel was impressive in the opening round and he looks comfortable on the Lakeside stage. One thing we do know about Smith was Silverback was woefully out of form against him. Smith missed a fair few doubles and I don't think he'll be able to do that tonight. Everything about the Dutchman's game was impressive on Saturday, nothing more so than the way he came back from a set down to a guy who was hitting everything in the 1st set. van der Wiel came back with 4 180's, 2 ton plus kills and a barrage of heavy scoring. I'm not sure how far he's going to go in this event given Wolfie could be waiting in the next round but in this match I think the Dutchman's consistency over 7 sets will be enough to put out the Kent youngster.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 3 from 4 today. However, I can't help but feel disappointed with the loss of Van de Wiel. Not the fact he lost (in fact, credit to Ross Smith) but the lack of fight he put up. Biggest stage there is and he looked disinterested. Some cracking darts though today including Adams/Walton, the game of the tournament so far. Anyway, up to +15.17pts. Taking just 1 tomorrow and putting it up now as work beckons! A.Norris to beat G.Thompson 3pts @ Evs Skybet I'll be honest, I'm surprised at the price here. Alan 'Chuck' Norris put up a cracking performance on the opening day to take out Ross Montgomery, one of the more fancied runners. He averaged 86 and took out 3 14 dart legs which ain't bad going. Most impressive for me was his finishing which has, in the past, looked suspect. He's since come out and said he's been focusing on these, practising with Robbie Green, and there's no better player at hitting the finishes than Kong himself. Thompson meanwhile had the simple task of beating 70.02 average Arno Merk, the German qualifier. Thompson actually went 1 set down where the legs for the German were won in 21, 21 and 19 darts. In fact, the German only won 3 more legs but took them in 23, 23 and 22 darts. That's a very poor standard. Thompson only averaged 78 and, if he doesn't significantly up his game, he'll struggle. All things considered, I think the Evs on Chuck is big and will take him to land the spoils here tomorrow evening.

bit advice please lads. got a double of lewis 28/1 to win pdc and kellett 16/1 to win bdo (500/1 approx). how far can kellett get in this tourney before i lay some cash off. the dutch guy he playing tomorrow looks decent
It mainly depends on how much money you have in that, but if it is a decent chunk, you may want to lay it off (if you find a good way to do so) just now. I, for one, cannot see him progressing too far (not to the finals at least, because he will probably face a great player in the semis - Waites most probably). On the other hand, this may be the only chance you will actually get such a HUGE winner - if it is a buck or two, I say wait. If it is a decent chunk, I say lay. But in the end, it is your decision and you should do what seems best to you. You do not want to regret it in the end, that is for sure.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 if he beats dekker, then the winner of thompson/norris what will his price be - against waites and in the outright market. because laying him outright now at 4/1 isnt worth it. i dont watch bdo much though, my mate reckons kellett is the real deal tho.. so might be best off waiting until the semis and laying a chunk off then. i only seen dekker play once the other day and he looked pretty decent, so wanted some other advice about him, seems kellett is 1/5 to beat him so could be a cheap safety lay

Taking just 1 tomorrow and putting it up now as work beckons! A.Norris to beat G.Thompson 3pts @ Evs Skybet
Now playing on Wednesday, apparently. Bet still stands but no bets for the 3 games tomorrow:ok

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Just one for me tonight. 4pts S.Kellett (-2.5 sets) to beat J.Dekker Evs Skybet I'm pretty happy to be getting evens on this tonight. Jan Dekker came through comfortably in the opening round but his opponent seemed more interested in his imaginary dog than his darts. Credit to Dekker, he got the job done nicely but an 85 average isn't going to carry on too far even in this tournament. Stuart Kellett was excellent in the opening round. He put in the 2nd highest average and the 'Pride of Denton' looks like he could be a serious contender this week. Kellett restricted Darryl Fitton to just one leg in their 1st round clash in a burst of scoring and finishing as good as anything we've seen in this event this week. Dekker's still a young guy and a few nerves may well be around now he's facing the world no2 on the biggest stage. Kellett won't be as bad as Mitchell and I think the Rooster will just have too much for the young Dutchman and I think he'll win this no worse than 4-1.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One for me today. Like it too much despite the fact that I have Phillips outright. 10pts M.Phillips (-1.5 sets) to bt. J. ten Berge @ 2.05 at Boylesports Martin Phillips is an experienced player that plays without any pressure at all and can enjoy his darts - he has stated them many times himself. He was solid in the first round and I am sure he will increase the standard once more. He was great even in the Grand Slam and ten Berge is nowhere near his level. 4-2 at worst in my opinion.

One for me today. Like it too much despite the fact that I have Phillips outright. 10pts M.Phillips (-1.5 sets) to bt. J. ten Berge @ 2.05 at Boylesports Martin Phillips is an experienced player that plays without any pressure at all and can enjoy his darts - he has stated them many times himself. He was solid in the first round and I am sure he will increase the standard once more. He was great even in the Grand Slam and ten Berge is nowhere near his level. 4-2 at worst in my opinion.
Unfortunate. He was 3-1 up and in great spots. What the hell happened there? :wall:wall Actually, he was 3-1 and 2-0 up, then 3-2 and 2-0 up. I have no explanation for that.

A.Norris to beat G.Thompson 3pts @ Evs Skybet I'll be honest, I'm surprised at the price here. Alan 'Chuck' Norris put up a cracking performance on the opening day to take out Ross Montgomery, one of the more fancied runners. He averaged 86 and took out 3 14 dart legs which ain't bad going. Most impressive for me was his finishing which has, in the past, looked suspect. He's since come out and said he's been focusing on these, practising with Robbie Green, and there's no better player at hitting the finishes than Kong himself. Thompson meanwhile had the simple task of beating 70.02 average Arno Merk, the German qualifier. Thompson actually went 1 set down where the legs for the German were won in 21, 21 and 19 darts. In fact, the German only won 3 more legs but took them in 23, 23 and 22 darts. That's a very poor standard. Thompson only averaged 78 and, if he doesn't significantly up his game, he'll struggle. All things considered, I think the Evs on Chuck is big and will take him to land the spoils here tomorrow evening.
That's my first bet for tomorrow. Going to take bets in the other 2 matches too. S.Bunting to hit most 180's v S.Waites 2pts @ 2/1 Skybet Cracking price here on the Bullet. Stephen Bunting played some super darts in the first round against Pecker, Brian Woods scoring a 94+ average including 3 maximums and 16 more of 130+. In just 11 legs, that is top, top scoring. Waites, meanwhile, easily disposed of the Count in just 13 legs without hitting a maximum but with 16 130+. Again, that's good scoring. Those stats in themselves give Bunting a big chance but add in the fact this lad scored 8 maximums at this stage last year when actually be beaten 4-0 by Tony O'Shea and you can see why this price is too big. The bookies are clearly having difficulty pricing this one up as the Bullet is just 10/11 with Paddy's so at a very big 2/1, I risk a couple of points. R.Green to beat D.Winstanley 3pts @ 9/10 SportingBet Dean Winstanley almost gave me a heart attack in his defeat of The Diet, Atkins, in round 1 and I'm keen to oppose him here. I like a player who can concentrate but this lad just seemed to be disinterested, thinking it was too much fun. He nearly came unstuck because of it and probably would have done if Atkins had taken his chances. Kong meanwhile was brilliant. Not the heaviest scorer (maybe the heaviest darter though) but he's superb on the doubles and, in this game, that's what counts. Provided he can stay with Winstanley on the scoring, then he'll go very well here. In the BDO, there's often plenty of breaks of throw generally down to missed doubles. I'm not worried about that with Robbie Green and, with the final set money back offer on our side, I'll take him to make it through to a Lakeside quarter final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Does anyone think Waites' price is too low versus Bunting? People may be reading too much into Waites' easy win over Hankey in R1. Bunting was very impressive in his first round win and I believe is huge value tonight at 3/1+ on betfair. I also took Bunting +2.5 sets @ 1.7 with 188bet. RussP, do you reckon that Bunting should be the favourite in the 180s market? Does Waites have a preference for throwing his third dart for 19 or something if the first two are already in the T20?

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 I think that RussP means that Waites just cannot get his third dart in for some reason - he certainly was not able to do that in round one. He certainly does not go to T19 more than others, pretty sure about that. And yep, Bunting is solid price and the handicap looks nice. I am not sure though about the win, since I have not seen him enough to see whether he will break under pressure or not. Waites is much more consistent and has more "big stage" experience.