** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

kevshat

Although the PDC version doesn't reach it's conclusion until Monday night, the BDO version begins on Saturday. I'm sure we'll get the usual comments about the standard but it needs to be remembered that the Grand Slam winner - the only tournament which sees PDC and BDO players combined - is in this event so it shouldn't be all bad. Same format as before. Best of 5 to begin with and increasing by a set each round until the best of 13 final on the 9th Jan. As always it's all live on the BBC although I believe there will be no Tony Green commentating this year as I understand he's suffering from throat cancer :sad.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One outright for me. As always in this event I'm looking for a bit of value. 1pt ew R.Green to win BDO World Championship 40/1 William Hill (1/2 1,2) Robbie Green isn't a bad player on the BDO circuit. He's been runner up in the 2nd biggest event they have - they Winmau World Masters where he was 2nd to Wolfie in 2009. He's just reached the final of the Zuiderduin Masters which is also a big event in BDO world so he's not in too bad form. He's won a couple of opens this year and reached the final of a couple of others so all told he's had a pretty decent year on the BDO tour. 'Kong' has also played on the PDC circuit in the past too and made the quarter final of the UK Open in 2006 where he beat the likes of Chris Mason, Mark Walsh and Terry Jenkins along the way. That shows that he's very capable. He was a bit unlucky in this last year. He drew Tony O'Shea in the 1st round and that's not a draw you want. He went down in a 3-2 classic. This year he's got a nicer draw. Andy Boulton in the opener and then either Winstanley or Atkins before a potential quarter final with Hankey or Waites. Green's a player who is capable of sub 90 averages regularly and that should be good enough to take him a long way in this tournament. At 40/1 I'll pay to see just how far he goes.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 I will have two outrights. Although I do not know plenty of the players (Who is Stuart Kellet and why is he rated so highly, can anyone explain?), two pretty much stand out. 3pts E/W Ted Hankey to win the World Championship (17.00 with Paddy Power) The only problem is the fact that he plays Waites in the first round. If he comes through that, however, the price looks huge indeed. He can average over a hundred on his day and if he keeps his cool (which is admittedly tough for him at times), he can beat any player in the world. It is as simple as that. I actually fancy him a little bit over Waites in the first round, so I think this outright is worth taking. 3pts E/W Martin Phillips to win the World Championship (26.00 with Paddy Power) Another huge price in my opinion. He showed what he is capable of in the Grand Slam this year and this is a little bit lower standard. He is in the tougher half, but he can beat the favorites if things go his way a little bit. Certainly 26 is quite solid for somebody like him. He has a lot of experience behind him and is quite consistent in my opinion.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 I fancy Tony West to take Wolfie out in the first round as he can be very vulnerable early doors. I think the holder will be nervous will not want dumped in rd1 but i can see it happening as West has put in some good performances in at the lakeside over the years.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Just one for the opening round. 7pts Tony West (+2.5 sets) to bt. Martin Adams @ 1.72 at Coral Martin Adams is deservedly the favorite and he will most probably prevail here. But I still fancy Tony West to take a set off him with this price. Adams usually starts tournaments unconvincigly, so West should have a chance to get something. And with his recent successes in many tournaments, I like him even more. Interesting fact - West has beaten Adams twice last year.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 I've had a good look through the outright market and have to say I also like Robbie Green. Has, by far and away, the best recent form and the lesser known names. I'll add to that with a longshot of my own. S.Griffiths to win BDO World Championship 0.5pts EW @ 66/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) Just turned 19 but this kid has got a big future, looking at his recent performances. Has won 4 of the 6 open events he played in, a decent return in anyones book, albeit without too fierce a competition. Saying that, in one of those events, he got beat off Lakeside finalist Dave Chisnall. He's also won the British Teenage Open this year so clearly know what it's like to win although this is a different ball game. Won 7 matches en route to qualifying for this, the first 5 of which he took without dropping a set including a 2-0 win over John Henderson, who featured at the GSOD. Other results include a close run 3-2 loss to Brian Woods in the World Masters and a 4-1 victory over Roland Scholten in the GSOD qualifiers. Recently, he reached the quarter finals, falling in a close run match with Michael van Gerwen 4-3. This shows he's not intimidated by facing the bigger names in the game. If he can settle early, he could just ruffle a few feathers. Tomorrow, he faces a tough opener against the 5 seed, Joey ten Berge, but it could have been worse. Would then have a match up against either Mark Barilli or Martin Phillips before a quarter with probably Steve West or Gary Robson. It could be worse, much worse in fact, as he avoids the likes of O'Shea, Adams, Hankey and Waites. Nicknamed The Miracle, I think we'll need one for him to bring this bet in but at the price, I'm prepared to take the risk and hope he settles and can have a decent run.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Fair play to everyone picking the big priced e/w shots - hope it goes well for you. Some interesting bets in here so far. Only one for me though and I'm going against the grain and going with short odds. Scott Waites to win BDO World Champs @ 4/1 with various (widely available) Not much explanation required for this - the grand slam winner and one of the favourites to win this event. He is money with his scoring and has become a lot more reliable on his doubles recently. Well capable of averaging high 90s/low hundreds, and if playing at top form will walk this. The bigger thing going for him however is his draw. Adams, Chisnall, O'Shea, Kellett, and Phillips are all in the same side of the draw so I am hesitant to pick anyone from that half. Waites only real banana-skin looks like Hankey in the first round. The winner of that game should breeze to the final for my money as the draw really opens up. May well be worth backing Hankey also here, however I feel Waites is going to beat him first round so have decided against it.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

I've had a good look through the outright market and have to say I also like Robbie Green. Has' date=' by far and away, [b']the best recent form and the lesser known names. I'll add to that with a longshot of my own.
Got to disagree on that note RussP! I'm giving that accolade to my tip!! The winner of the last BDO tournament and BDO Major was Ross Montgomery, the Zuiderduin Masters 3 weeks ago! R.Montgomery BDO World Championship Outright - 25/1 - 1pt EW - (1/2, 1-2) - Various Similar to Kev and Russ, i'm going for a bit of a longer-shot. Ross Montgomery although not having a great Lakeside record has played on the stage 3 years so should be getting used to it by now. In previous Years he has gone out to Vincent Van der Voort, Ted Hankey and Garry Thompson (missing 6 darts to progress!) so no real shame. I don't think he has a difficult section of the draw either, facing Kellet in the last 16 possibly, who although seeded 2 has no Lakeside experience which could be telling. He may then meet Hankey or Waites in the last 8 by which point he should've found his feet and will be playing people he has beaten on the floor before. Ross has won 3 tournaments this year The Zuiderduin Masters, Granite city open and British classic, he is WDF ranked 6, BDO ranked 8 and seventh seed for this. In a tournament with 4 players sub 15/2, I think he offers a bit of value.

Saturday 1 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Prins, D v Walton, J (13:45 GMT) 2.16 1.9 98.68 %
maximize.gif Adams, M v West, T (14:30 GMT) 1.18 6.4 100.36 %
maximize.gif van de Wiel, W v Soutar, A (15:15 GMT) 1.54 2.76 101.14 %
maximize.gif O'Shea, T v Smith, Ross (16:00 GMT) 1.25 5.1 99.61 %
maximize.gif Barilli, M v Phillips, M (16:45 GMT) 3.25 1.44 100.00 %
maximize.gif ten Berge, J v Griffiths, S (17:30 GMT) 1.73 2.38 99.82 %
Sunday 2 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Robson, G v Douglas, S (13:45 GMT) 1.56 2.75 100.39 %
maximize.gif West, S v Chisnall, D (14:30 GMT) 3.25 1.44 100.00 %
maximize.gif Mitchell, S v Dekker, J (15:15 GMT) 1.66 2.38 102.02 %
maximize.gif Kellett, S v Fitton, D (16:00 GMT) 1.8 2.28 99.42 %
maximize.gif Thompson, G v Merk, A (16:45 GMT) 1.4 3.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Montgomery, R v Norris, A (17:30 GMT) 1.49 2.94 101.13 %
Monday 3 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Woods, B v Bunting, S (13:45 GMT) 2.2 1.72 103.35 %
maximize.gif Waites, S v Hankey, T (14:30 GMT) 1.62 2.58 100.49 %
maximize.gif Green, R v Boulton, A (15:15 GMT) 1.42 3.1 102.68 %
maximize.gif Winstanley, D v Atkins, M (16:00 GMT) 1.8 2.25 100.00 %

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One bet for tomorrow so far: M.Phillips -1.5 Set Handicap to beat Mark Barilli - Boylesports - 9/10 - 3pts Martin Phillips has been round an eternity. For many years he struggled on the big stage but in the last few years, he's been putting his experience to good use and showing us what he's capable of. A few years ago he beat G.Anderson which made me a few pennies (More a bet against Anderson at the time!!) and made the semi final here last year. You only need look back to what he did to Aidy Lewis in the GSOD to see he can throw some mean arrers! His opponent Has played here twice and lost to Steve west and Simon Whitlock in the first round, no shame in that but steady Phillips isn't the guy you want to be playing in your attempt to make the second round for the 1st time! I can't see Phillips not winning 3-1 or better. Even if Barilli has the throw in sets 1,3 and 5, a Phillips break in either set 1 or 3 will still bring in a 3-1.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Two for me on the opening day. 3pts J.Walton to beat D.Prins 10/11 Stan James John Walton knows his way around the Lakeside having won the title back in 2001 and he's been in decent nick in 2010. He won the English Masters back in July beating Fitton, O'Shea and Winstanley on his way to the title - a run which says we have to take John Boy seriously this week even if he has got a cnut of a draw. I can't be having the Badger, Dave Prins here. He's barely done anything of note in a BDO tour event in 2010 and on his only previous experience of the Lakeside he had his arse given to him by Martin Phillips and barely averaged 80 in a 3 set hiding. Whether John Boy's game is up there with the O'Shea's and Adams' of this world I guess we'll find out later in the week but his game definitely looks good enough to see off the Badger in the tournament's opener. 4pts T.West (+2.5 sets) to beat M.Adams 8/11 Coral Tony West used to be a real top player on the BDO scene and he's still competitive now. You don't win the World Masters if you're a bad player and the Tornado did that in 2003. That's something which gives Russ' Griffiths pick an extra boost with him having won the junior version in 07 and 08. If we look at the winners of the Winmau since 99 - Fordham, Walton, Barneveld, Dudbridge, West, King, van Gerwen, Thornton and Adams you see he's in a pretty illustrious group of men. Not only was he good in 03 but he's not bad now. Since the beginning of September, West has won 2 tournaments, been runner up in two more and 2 other QF's plus a semi final finish so he's coming here in cracking nick. I don't know what it is with the Wolf but he seems to get handed scraps in the early rounds. Chisnall gave him a hell of a game in 2009 and young Gurney wasn't an easy early draw last year. Credit to Wolfie that he came through them and he's in top form coming in here as we saw at the Winmau but I don't see him coming through here unscathed. For whatever reason, West has never performed on the stage at the Lakeside and that's why I'm not taking him to win but I'm confident if he does go out here that he'll take at a set with him.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 I'm going with 3 on the opening day. Don't forget to take advantage of Sporting Bet's offer of money back if your selection loses courtesy of a 5th set decider:ok J.Walton to beat D.Prins 4pts @ 8/11 SportingBet I think this one has pretty much been summed up above. John Boy is a former winner so should feel comfortable being first match up at this years championship. Despite his win being 10 years ago, he still remains a player to be wary of and has held his form well. Since winning the English Master back in the summer, he's made a final and 2 semis as well being knocked out in the last round of the Grand Slam qualifiers, losing to Wes Newton. Along the way, he did beat Jamie Caven and his opponent today is nowhere near that level. Dave Prins shouldn't hold too many concerns, his form is quite frankly awful. In his last 7 events since May, he's won 4 matches and lost 8, and of those 4 he beat, I reckon I'd give them a run for their money!! With the SportingBet offer, Prins would have to win 3-1 for me to be a loser here. With respect, that ain't happening and I don't expect to be hearing 'good night John Boy' in this round. W.Van de Wiel (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Soutar 3pts @ 11/10 Boylesports I fancy the Dutchman here. He won his first round match last year, taking out John Boy 3-2 before losing 4-1 to the Count in round 2. It gives him valuable Lakeside experience and that, coupled with decent form, gives him a top chance of bringing this in 3-1 or better. Has reached the final of a couple of events in the last 4 months, as well the semis of the Center Parc. Lost in the last 40 on the World Masters but did face Hankey whilst just lost out 5-4 in both his games at the Zuiderduin Masters. That form is a million miles better than qualifier, Alan Soutar. His prize was actually reaching the Lakeside and I just don't see him staying with Van de Wiel here so, at a shade over Evs, I'll take the Dutchman to bring in the handicap. A.Norris (+1.5 sets) to beat R.Montgomery 3pts @ 10/11 BlueSq This could be a little risky but I do like Norris' chances here. Reached the last 16 in 2009, before losing 1st round here last term. Saying that, he hit 9 maximums and averaged over 90. That tells me he settles well on this stage. If he plays like that and hits doubles, there's no chance he won't take 2 sets here. Has won the French Open recently and reached a quarter final so is in decent nick. Ross Montgomery, meanwhile, is in very good form and if he comes here with his A game, he should take this. However, what gives me hope, is his Lakeside performance last year. Lost 3-2 to Garry Thompson and averaged 76. Admittedly, this is 1 year on but with a 1 set start, I'll take Chuck to prevail here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Quickly before the first game: 10pts Walton to beat Prins @8/11 with 365 Don't have time for an explanation here - but experience, form, ability etc all with Walton for my money. A few already on this and have pretty much summed up my feelings on the game - no point repeating the same thing. Think Walton should have too much here.

Saturday 1 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Prins, D v Walton, J (13:45 GMT) 2.16 1.9 98.68 %
maximize.gif Adams, M v West, T (14:30 GMT) 1.18 6.4 100.36 %
maximize.gif van de Wiel, W v Soutar, A (15:15 GMT) 1.54 2.76 101.14 %
maximize.gif O'Shea, T v Smith, Ross (16:00 GMT) 1.25 5.1 99.61 %
maximize.gif Barilli, M v Phillips, M (16:45 GMT) 3.25 1.44 100.00 %
maximize.gif ten Berge, J v Griffiths, S (17:30 GMT) 1.73 2.38 99.82 %
Sunday 2 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Robson, G v Douglas, S (13:45 GMT) 1.56 2.75 100.39 %
maximize.gif West, S v Chisnall, D (14:30 GMT) 3.25 1.44 100.00 %
maximize.gif Mitchell, S v Dekker, J (15:15 GMT) 1.66 2.38 102.02 %
maximize.gif Kellett, S v Fitton, D (16:00 GMT) 1.8 2.28 99.42 %
maximize.gif Thompson, G v Merk, A (16:45 GMT) 1.4 3.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Montgomery, R v Norris, A (17:30 GMT) 1.49 2.94 101.13 %
Monday 3 January 2011 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Woods, B v Bunting, S (13:45 GMT) 2.2 1.72 103.35 %
maximize.gif Waites, S v Hankey, T (14:30 GMT) 1.62 2.58 100.49 %
maximize.gif Green, R v Boulton, A (15:15 GMT) 1.42 3.1 102.68 %
maximize.gif Winstanley, D v Atkins, M (16:00 GMT) 1.8 2.25 100.00 %
Think those timings might be wrong! Just tried to have a bet on Walton... Only to find 10 mins before this start time and they're actually half way through the 3rd set!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Walton wins easy enough in the end (15th time lucky). +7.2 units for me. Shit standard but that's the BDO at times - awful doubling. 7 units Van De Weil to beat Soutar @1/2 with 365 Looking into the players' form before this event it seems that VDW is in pretty good nick. He has also played in a lot more events than Soutar has and I feel that this match practice will put him in a good position to win this.

One bet for tomorrow so far: M.Phillips -1.5 Set Handicap to beat Mark Barilli - Boylesports - 9/10 - 3pts Martin Phillips has been round an eternity. For many years he struggled on the big stage but in the last few years, he's been putting his experience to good use and showing us what he's capable of. A few years ago he beat G.Anderson which made me a few pennies (More a bet against Anderson at the time!!) and made the semi final here last year. You only need look back to what he did to Aidy Lewis in the GSOD to see he can throw some mean arrers! His opponent Has played here twice and lost to Steve west and Simon Whitlock in the first round, no shame in that but steady Phillips isn't the guy you want to be playing in your attempt to make the second round for the 1st time! I can't see Phillips not winning 3-1 or better. Even if Barilli has the throw in sets 1,3 and 5, a Phillips break in either set 1 or 3 will still bring in a 3-1.
Wow! What a start! Even I had a winner! +0.7pts after Montgomery Outright is deducted..... 3/3 for RussP :notworthy 2/2 for infamour :clap and 1/1 so far for Kev.... 100% Thread success from the first session (Excluding my outright of course :$)

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Great start for everyone. 5pts Douglas to beat Robson @6/4 with 365 I think Douglas is worth a shout here at these odds. I can understand why Robson has been priced favourite due to past rep etc, but Douglas has talent and has a fair chance to upset him here imo. It's hard to provide much explanation as these 2 haven't met before - but I feel this is a value play.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Yes, pretty good start. Well done guys:clap +8.94pts for me. I'm not sure there's an awful lot of decent betting opportunities in the early afternoon matches. I'm already on Griffiths outright so won't be touching that game. Just the 1 for me but may be back later with another 1 or 2. S.West to score highest checkout v D.Chisnall 3pts @ 5/4 Coral Last years runner up Chissy comes here as a worthy favourite but I really don't think it will be quite as easy as many expect. He's remained in decent form this year but so has his opponent Steve West. In fact, West beat Chissy earlier in the year so will clearly be buoyed by that result, however he does have the burden of not progressing past this round in 3 previous years to surpass. All that considered, I'll try the highest checkout market. What we all know is that Dave Chisnall is a heavy scorer but the area of his game that worries me is his doubles. To that end, I'll take West to hit the biggest out. Looking at their 1st round matches at the Lakeside last year, Chisnall progressed with a 90 average against Daryl Fitton but his checkouts read 102, 86 and 8 more of 40 or under. Contrast that to West, who lost 3-2 with an average of just shy of 84 but checked out 160, 138, 90, 84, 65, 40 twice and 2 of 20. West will have to take out some decent outshots here just to live with Chisnall heavy scoring, I feel, so I'll take the value here at 5/4.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Fitton to beat Kellett - 3pts - 5/4 - Willhill Kellett probably deserves to be favourite after his results this year have taken him to BDO ranked No. 2. Fitton however has won a few tournaments this year including the English National Championships. More importantly for me, Fitton has experience on the Lakeside stage and positive experience at that having made last years semi final. Kellett made the TV stages of the winmau a few months back but to the best of my knowledge hasn't played at lakeside before and certainly hasn't got anywhere. The value lies with 'the dazzler' today who should also have the crowd on his side.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 +5.65 for me from the opening day. An early one for day two. 3pts D.Chisnall vs S.West - Over 5.5 180's 4/5 Paddy Power This line looks high on the face of it for a best of 5 set BDO match but we've got two heavy scorers here. Arguably two of the heaviest scorers in the BDO. Chisnall was involved in a classic 1st round match with Darryl Fitton last year, the like of which I'm not sure this will be, but he still hit 5 180's and West hit 3 180's in a disappointing 1st round exit last year. We've seen how heavy a scorer Chisnall is even against PDC players when he played fairly well at the Slam in November and if this is a 5 set tussle he could cover this line on his own. Steve West will contribute to the 180's column though. I guess this could be a fairly close match. Neither of them are watertight on their doubles. I expect Chisnall to win but it should be a high scoring game so I'll take the 180's here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 5pts Chisnall -1.5 sets vs West @5/6 with 365 Simply put, Chisnall is in a different class to West. He is a far more consistent scorer, and a far heavier scorer. He has his moments on the doubles now and then, but I don't fancy West to be able to put him under enough pressure for that to be a factor. His scoring should give him a few shots at the double more often than not should he need them.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Couple more for me on the second day. 3pts G.Thompson to beat A.Merk 3-0 7/4 Boylesports Garry Thompson is a solid darts player and he's got a fair bit of Lakeside experience now having made the quarter finals last year. 20 year old German Arno Merk will be playing here for the 1st time and he won't be the 1st person to be nervous walking onto the stage for the 1st time. Thompson has been playing some good darts this year too and only recently in the Zuiderduin Masters he threw a couple of 90+ averages and if he can bring that came with him this afternoon he should be relatively comfortable. Sometimes these qualifiers can get good draws. We saw yesterday that there's a couple of seeds you can catch and take out but I don't think 'The Cougar' is one of them. I think this will be a comfortable win for the Yorkshire player and I think he can see off the German in straight sets. 3pts J.Dekker to beat S.Mitchell 11/8 Sportingbet Taken the young Dutch qualifier with Sportingbet here for their money back offer if he loses in a deciding set. I think he's got every chance here. Back at the Winmau in November, Dekker beat John Boy 3-2 and that form has already been franked this week. In the last 16 he took Wolfie to a deciding set so his form is far from shoddy. Scott Mitchell's a weird case and I'm not just talking about his liking for flourescent pink. He's a good player at this level but whenever he comes to a major tournament he's usually out before it's begun. To be fair to him he had a shocker of a draw last year when he faced the Northern Irishman, Daryl Gurney in the opening round and his losing average of 85 would've beaten a few opponents in that round. He could just have picked up another nasty draw here too however and at 11/8 I'll take the Dutchman to come through the final match of day 2.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 My second for the afternoon... Tony O'Shea to beat Ross Smith 3-0 - 3pts - 5/4 - Skybet O'Shea is one of the best of the BDO bunch as he showed in the GSOD and as his record at Lakeside and BDO ranking confirm. He should have too much in ability and experience for Ross Smith and i'm confident with 3 or 4 names in contention for the title, O'Shea will want to stamp his mark on this years tournament and impress with a 3-0 win. Smith has very little TV experience and a poor record to boot, 1st round exit here in his only appearance in 2009 and nothing of note in the winmau. I fancy silverback with the crowd behind him to win without dropping a set. Coral also go 5/4 on O'Shea -2.5 sets....

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 2 more for me. S.Kellett v D.Fitton, under 5.5 180's 3pts @ Evs Paddy Power This should be a pretty close match up but I feel that the pressure of the Lakeside stage should help this bet. The Dazzler has been around the block a few times and, whilst being a consistent player, he ain't the heaviest scorer in the world. I'd always look to take on Fitton in the maximums market. So what of his opponent? Well, he's seeded 2 so clearly a player on the up but is making his debut in the Worlds this evening. What I've seen of him, he also doesn't seem to be the biggest 180 scorer in the world. I think this is priced up on the basis of it going the distance. Looking at the matches played so far, only the Walton/Prins match has covered this line, even though we've seen the likes of Norris, Adams, Robson & Chisnall. If we see one of these run away with this, it will look an even better bet. J.Dekker to beat S.Mitchell 2pts @ 11/8 SportingBet I also like the young Dutch qualifier here and am also taking the SportingBet last set decider offer. This young kid doesn't look a bad player at all and comes from a long line of young Dutch players trying to make their mark. What interests me in this lad is his form against the bigger names. Admittedly, he hasn't taken them out but is only losing to the very top players and is running them close. This year, his losses have come to Dean Winstanley (seeded 3) 2-1, Wesley Harms and Wolfie twice (3-2 and 5-1). Amongst his wins has been a 3-2 over John Boy Walton. Today he faces Scott Mitchell, someone I'm not too keen on. Did win the Center Parc Masters but, in fairness, he couldn't have had a kinder draw. Not a player to put too much faith in and I think he'll struggle under the pressure of being favourite so at 11/8, with the security of the last set decider, I'll take the qualifier to progress here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 Cheers for the Decker tip guys :ok great shout! In truth tho he beat a poor opponent and I can't see him beating Kellet, next up. Kellet was pretty awesome but dont you think 9/2 a tad of an overreaction to win it? Debutants dont have a great record here after all...