** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November

12:20 Wetherby - National Trust - Back Yet another long odds on shot for me over obstacles in a small field but again I think he has a glorious chance here. Has won his last 2 starts so gunning for the hat-trick here and none of the opposition come into the race in anything like the form that he does. He absolutely bolted up 16 days ago when having the field well and truly strung out in a similarly small fielded event. Based on that he should win this here and probably in a fairly comfortable and effortless fashion. Currently trading at 4/11 on Betfair but I expect his SP to be shorter than that, probably somewhere in the region of 1/4 or thereabouts 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 2:40 Lingfield - Faithful Ruler - 1pt @ 11/2 (WillHill - BOG) Has very solid claims here off lowest mark in quite a while, now 2lbs lower than last winning mark (on turf) and comes here in decent form having performed creditably last twice on very testing ground. The return to an AW surface should help, especially now that he's in a race where they could go a decent gallop. He's a very strong traveler who often flatters to deceive but could be right at home on this speedy Lingfield surface. He's not well drawn stats wise but considering he's a hold up horse, I don't think it should have any great effect at all. He has a new jockey on board in Phillip Makin, a jockey I rate very highly and he's a very interesting jockey booking for Richard Fahey. They've only teamed up once at this course and that ended up being a winner, if all goes to plan I reckon they'll make it 2 from 2 here with the only horse they pair up for today. This is a relatively tough race but plenty of horses come here either handicapped out of it or in bad form, I think that Faithful Ruler doesn't fall into either of those categories and can gain his first victory since September of 09, assuming they go a decent gallop. He has the ability to win this and the return to this surface could make him click, 11/2 looks generous and he's the 7/2 clear favourite in my book.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November Kemp 5.05 = Excellent Show - win at 7/2 BOG with bet365 I've missed out on a couple of big winners in the last week, 16/1 and 12/1, by changing my mind in the morning after the early prices had plummeted on my overnight selections So I'm going to post early !.............:tongue2 This horse has a good record over this CD, 2nd and Win from 2 runs. Both those runs were in class 4, same as today He runs off just 2 lbs higher than his last win and is entitled to be an improving horse with just 15 career runs behind him My particular angle for today is 'second run back from a break' - he didn't exactly shine on his return at Wolves, but was entitled to need a run after 8 months off His regular jockey takes over today and the stable is showing improved form with a couple of winners last week after being on the cold list for a while. He's been tipped up by both the Post and the Life, so I'm pretty sure his odds will have tumbled by tomorrow morning !

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 1.30 MORE THAN ENOUGH - Makes plenty of appeal on pedigree being a full brother to conniption who won on debut when with meehan in 09 went on to be rated 95, fahey yard do well with 2yo's at lingfield (50% 4-8 recent years) with the cecil horse looking like going off fav altho i think stall 1 is difficult at lingfield, and also hills appearing to ride a maktoum newcomer we could get a nice e/w price early doors. i will take the e/w risk for the purposes of this comp, (11.5 on betfair atm) as i have no chance of posting tommorow 0.5 pt e/w @ sp

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November Osolomio - Chepstow 2:15 Has won here at Chepstow before which can be a plus. Interestingly it has never wore a tongue-tie and it does so for the first time tomorrow and that may spark this horse into life. The trainer, Miss Candlish is in cracking form (3 wins and 2 places from last 10 runners) 0.5 Points e/w @ 25/1 (VC) BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 5:05 Kempton Vhujon 1pt win - 6/1 (VC) Cathy Gannon picks up the ride on Vhujon here and I think off 76 he could be interesting in this small field. His last few wins have been in fields of about this size and he'll have a leader to aim at in Love You Louis. He is a consistent performer and has won twice at this track, albeit it over 6f. Looks overpriced at 6/1.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 12.50 Wetherby - La Pantera Rosa (13/2 PP) 1pt Win Was a clear second when unseating at the final fence last time out, the eventual second that day has gone on to run well since as well. Provided there are no further mis-haps he has a nice weight and all ground seems to come alike, price looks too big for a horse that is guaranteed to run a big race.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November This might sound a stupid question but how can you tell that a jockey is taking off more weight? The weight in the form guide is the weight of the horse plus extras based on the handicapper or is the jockeys weight considered? Still learning!!

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November Chepstow 1.40 Turn Up EW - 9/1 Bet365 Tote Every chance when falling at the last lto. Form of his previous run looks decent. War Party won again since. Wingull was 2nd. When 2nd at Worcester he beat Fongoli, who is closely matched on weights with today's fav Roc De Guye. My selection is overpriced and has every chance to beat the fav here on that form. Slower going and stiffer track will suit and should be a bit shorter in the market.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 250 Chepstow: Grey Wulf EW (8/1 PP) The novice race at Chepstow has plenty of form to go on and a few that look capable of improving their rating after decent debuts. Educated Evans is the only previous winner in the field and looks to have a job on to defy the penalty, he won at Stratford over further so will stay this well. Grey Wulf caught the eye when patiently ridden behind Mr Hudson, i expect him to be more competative today. Mics Delight was fourth in a poor race at Uttoxeter but he too can step up on that run. At the prices Grey Wulf looks fair value to me and expected him to be around 5's.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 12.30 Lingfield Good looking handicap for the time of year and several have chances. Paphos is sure to go well have run out a clear cut winner in an apprentice race over 7f over C and prior to that a winner of 2 other 7f handicaps over C, obvious concern dropping back in trip and up 6lb in a stronger looking race and at the prices looks off putting. Mango Music has been running consistently of late including over CD last time out when 4th behind Anne of Kiev and could improve on that effort on a much lower AW mark than turf but again the price isnt very attractive. For me Rifflesione looks a massive race again very consistent and much better on AW than turf with 10 placed efforts and 2 wins from 20 starts and has been knocking on the door recently, ran well last time out considering draw and had to come wide and was a little keen, drawn slightly better today and should be able to tuck in better this time and should get the pace to come late and still remains on last winning mark! 0.5pt e/w Rifflesione 8/1 lads

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 12:00 Ling Lord Deevert - All best runs have come from AW at Lingfield 4 wins and 6 places from 20. Trainer stable having a good fortnight with 3 wins from 6 runs. Highest Racing post rating and down to a good mark after a terrible August 55 today with a 5lb claimer last winning off 62. 0.5EW 14/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 12.30 LINGFIELD CLERICAL 12-1 0.5pt ew (STAN JAMES) if any of these where on a going day don't think clerical would get near them,but clerical is showing some nice numbers in comparison to the rest of the field on polytrack latest form..Closey matched with the favourites in the weights,it has a lot of weight on a lot of the field,like Riflessione and Tislaam,and could run into a place or even win this ordinary race.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 2:05 Last Act @ Lingfield - Trainer says she has been working well on the gallops with the 91 rated Mafeking and is hoping she can produce the same on the course after getting hurt in an accident back at the stables. 0.5pt E/W @ 100/1 Stan James

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November OSOLOMIO 2.15 Chepstow. 0.5 points each way. Needs to show more, but capable of better and I like the fact the tongue tie goes on today. The trip and ground's fine and gets in off an attractive mark of 104. Price is around 14s and so well worth taking a chance on him.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November Lingfield 3:15 Diamond Twister 13/2 BET365(BOG) 1 Point WIN C&D winner and although carrying top weight jockey Kieron Fox take 3lbs off which makes winning this race possible. The horses consistency gives it the edge over its rivals here and would be suprised if he wasnt placed at least, will go for the win though as i think he can pip this one.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 15:45 Lingfield I think at the prices it is definitely worth taking a chance on King Of Connacht whos only had just the four runs in 2010 so far. Came off the back of a lengthy lay off (since February) LTO so arguably needed the run that day and I feel he will strip a lot fitter for todays run. Won three times in 2009 in handicap company, once at Brighton on turf off a mark of 54 and twice at Wolverhampton over 9.5 furlongs off marks of 54 and 55. Is 3lbs higher today but Kieron Fox, who is a very capable jockey, takes off 3lbs which effectively has him back down to his last winning mark. The two that currently lead the market in Bubbly Braveheart and Buona Sarah are the obvious dangers but overall this race isn't the strongest so I think my selection has a great chance to make the placings at the very least. 0.5pts E/W King Of Connacht @ 25/1 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 7.35 Kempton, Hazzard County, 1pt win at 11/1 with Ladbrokes Ginger Grey looks a vulnerable favourite to me while i believe Fantasy Gladiator is exposed. The one standout bet to me looks Hazzard County, finishing in the frame several times, slipped 1 and claimer takes off 7 too, and i very much believe this C&D winner has a big chance and 11/1 is a joke.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 7.05 Kempton Bedouin Bay - makes debut for Alan McCabe having been with Andre Fabre in France previously. McCabe did well with Reve de Nuit on the AW after picking him up from the same yard and might know where he stands with this one too. 25/1 seems big for a horse with an unexposed profile, the market dominated by the Johnston runner but he is a doubtful stayer so taking him on. 25/1 VC Bet, 1 pt win