** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Bairn's Value Away Wins

bairn1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Ok, since I'm always interested in trying to challenge myself,I'm curious to see if I can come up with Bairn's selections for this weekend...if there are any of course :D I was looking at Bairn's selections overall and although I would not try to pretend I have a system of my own,I think that they are 3 possible Aways he might mention... Here we go,it's a guess: Brest to win away at Auxerre St Etienne to win away at Sochaux Catania to win away at Inter I would not wish to steal your thunder Bairn but if any of these selections fit your criteria,that would mean I'm getting the hang of it...those selections are only pure guesses on my part:notworthy

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins

Ok, since I'm always interested in trying to challenge myself,I'm curious to see if I can come up with Bairn's selections for this weekend...if there are any of course :D I was looking at Bairn's selections overall and although I would not try to pretend I have a system of my own,I think that they are 3 possible Aways he might mention... Here we go,it's a guess: Brest to win away at Auxerre St Etienne to win away at Sochaux Catania to win away at Inter I would not wish to steal your thunder Bairn but if any of these selections fit your criteria,that would mean I'm getting the hang of it...those selections are only pure guesses on my part:notworthy
Lille,Bordeaux and Caen.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hi all, Sorry for the lack of posts at the weekend. I was off on a stag do and didn't get time to check the fixtures. I can't easily check which would have come up as picks as I've updated the ratings already with the weekends results, but Saint-Etienne I think probably would have, and possibly Brest too. Not sure about Valencia, and Catania wouldn't as the system ignores Serie A as back-testing showed poor results and over the last few years there's been a much higher percentage of home wins in this league than in the others. One result to catch up on...

DateMatchOddsP/LP/L Cum
18/05/2011 Huddersfield 2 - 2 Bournemouth 5.34 -£10.00 +£505.70
I think there's just one round of matches left in France, so will post anything that pops up there, but more than likely this will the last till next season. Thanks everyone for the kind comments and advice, and hopefully we can carry on where we left off (i.e. making money from the bookies) soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new on this thread. It sounds very nice. Can anyone share the formula that brain1 use to pick the away win team?
Nobody but Bairn knows, and as has been discussed before, he'd be a fool to divulge.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hiya Am new here, certainly in terms of posts ( my first post this... ), but have been reading the forums for a while. I hope you'll be back this season, Bairn, am looking forward to how your system does 2nd time around after such a fantastic season last time out. Cheers UTR

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hi all, Just to let you know that new picks will be appearing very soon. Just need a few more matches to have taken place so I've got enough data to run the system. Last season, a few people asked about betting on Asian Handicap with this system, and I managed to have a look into this. Using the data from football-data which only has odds for +1, 0, -1, etc. (i.e. no +0.75, -0.25, etc.) suggested that the system would have also been very profitable by betting on aways on the Asian Handicap in each of the last four seasons. The ROI would have been a lot lower as would be expected with lower odds (about 15% instead of about 35%), but I guess as the odds are a lot lower, then you might want to up the stakes a bit, and so could acheive a similar profit. I'm going to carry on with standard Away wins on this thread, but if you prefer to bet at lower odds with a higher strike rate, then I'm sure that taking any of these tips as AH bets, then you'd make a good long term profit. Also, this season, I'm going to change the staking plan a bit, so that stakes are higher when the odds are lower, and vice versa. And stakes will increase as our bank goes up and will decrease as our bank goes down. Last season, the system exceeded even my high expectations. It has made a good profit in each of the last four seasons, but nothing quite like it did last season. So I'm not expecting results quite as good as last season, but I'm still expecting a very healthy profit!

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Good luck for this season Bairn, been following the thread for a while and extremely impressed with the system, will definately by following your picks this time around! Quick question, for Bairn, or anyone else, im new to online betting, and dont really want to open too many accounts, so if you could suggest one or two bookmakers who offer the best odds, which would you recommend? Many Thanks.

Good luck for this season Bairn, been following the thread for a while and extremely impressed with the system, will definately by following your picks this time around! Quick question, for Bairn, or anyone else, im new to online betting, and dont really want to open too many accounts, so if you could suggest one or two bookmakers who offer the best odds, which would you recommend? Many Thanks.
I do have accounts with quite a few bookmakers, but I'd recommend choosing from a few of Pinnacle, Ladbrokes, Bet365, CanBet, William Hill, Paddy Power and Coral, plus BetFair. Bookies that I can't encourage anyone to join are Victor Chandler (they closed my account a few months ago, despite my aggregate winnings being fairly moderate) and SkyBet, SportingBet and Stan James - they all limit my stakes so badly that it's hardly worth me betting with them any more.

Hi all, Just to let you know that new picks will be appearing very soon. Just need a few more matches to have taken place so I've got enough data to run the system. Last season, a few people asked about betting on Asian Handicap with this system, and I managed to have a look into this. Using the data from football-data which only has odds for +1, 0, -1, etc. (i.e. no +0.75, -0.25, etc.) suggested that the system would have also been very profitable by betting on aways on the Asian Handicap in each of the last four seasons. The ROI would have been a lot lower as would be expected with lower odds (about 15% instead of about 35%), but I guess as the odds are a lot lower, then you might want to up the stakes a bit, and so could acheive a similar profit. I'm going to carry on with standard Away wins on this thread, but if you prefer to bet at lower odds with a higher strike rate, then I'm sure that taking any of these tips as AH bets, then you'd make a good long term profit. Also, this season, I'm going to change the staking plan a bit, so that stakes are higher when the odds are lower, and vice versa. And stakes will increase as our bank goes up and will decrease as our bank goes down. Last season, the system exceeded even my high expectations. It has made a good profit in each of the last four seasons, but nothing quite like it did last season. So I'm not expecting results quite as good as last season, but I'm still expecting a very healthy profit!
Hi bairn1, If you have done the analysis, why not share it with everyone so they can make there own call on whether the level of profitability suits them. Seems pointless sat on your comp whenit could benefit those following your thread.

I do have accounts with quite a few bookmakers, but I'd recommend choosing from a few of Pinnacle, Ladbrokes, Bet365, CanBet, William Hill, Paddy Power and Coral, plus BetFair. Bookies that I can't encourage anyone to join are Victor Chandler (they closed my account a few months ago, despite my aggregate winnings being fairly moderate) and SkyBet, SportingBet and Stan James - they all limit my stakes so badly that it's hardly worth me betting with them any more.
What about Blue Square?

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins I have just been limited to Zero at Ladbrokes. I cannot bet online anymore with them, they ask me to call to place a bet, meet the Trader before I can bet. What an inconvenient thing ! :spank Is there any advice about bookies ? I guess the next restriction will come from Bet365 :unsure It seems UK bookies only want mugs :cigar