** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Bairn's Value Away Wins

bairn1

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins :dudeI love this system but I really hate some Away Teams, :spank could not understand how the defenders played !!! they even had 2 goals first but then the matches were draw !! How could they do that ???? Not only one or two matches, there are many matches like that !!! :@ The defenders of Away Teams played so badly after they scored. Scoring too soon made them not do their best ! :wall

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins

DateMatchOddsP/LP/L Cum
25/04/2011 Peterboro 2 - 2 Yeovil 7 -£10.00 +£428.70
25/04/2011 Sheffield Weds 3 - 1 Swindon 4 -£10.00 +£418.70
Nothing for midweek, but expect their will be something at the weekend.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins 3 picks for this weekend... 07/05/2011 | Middlesbrough v Doncaster | Away Win | 5 (General) 07/05/2011 | QPR v Leeds | Away Win | 3.54 (Pinnacle) 07/05/2011 | Tranmere v Swindon | Away Win | 5 (General)

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Great day yesterday...

DateMatchOddsP/LP/L Cum
07/05/2011 Middlesbrough 3 - 0 Doncaster 5 -£10.00 +£408.70
07/05/2011 QPR 1 - 2 Leeds 3.54 +£25.40 +£434.10
07/05/2011 Tranmere 0 - 2 Swindon 5 +£40.00 +£474.10

I know is a system and even strong system.... but if they put Barcelona against Liverpool at Anfield at the moment i will not doubt it to put half of my bankroll on Liverpool not to lose the match. Good Luck
Liverpool have just hit some nice variance recently, Tottenham are the real deal.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hi Bairn. I'm new on this forum, but I've follow your topic for few months. It looks really nice. I'm also very interesting in valuebets and I have some spreadsheets wich calculate probability. I have a favour to ask of you if you could send me a e-mail with formula of your system? I will check it on other leagues, and compare with mine spreadsheets. [email protected] Thanks in advance, and sorry for mistakes in my english :)

Hi Bairn. I'm new on this forum, but I've follow your topic for few months. It looks really nice. I'm also very interesting in valuebets and I have some spreadsheets wich calculate probability. I have a favour to ask of you if you could send me a e-mail with formula of your system? I will check it on other leagues, and compare with mine spreadsheets. [email protected] Thanks in advance, and sorry for mistakes in my english :)
Good luck :rollin ....If I knew the inner workings of Bairn's great system, I wouldn't tell anybody, and I am sure he feels the same.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins just a note,20 or 21 of the games(about 3/4) that have won for Bairns have ended 0..1,0..2 or 1..2 with spurs tradeing at 5.3 on betfair(between 4/1 and 9/2) dutching these 3 scores @ 20/38/20 would pay £69 to a £10 stake(just under 7/1)...as i say just a note for any correct score peeps....great system Bairns:dude...i back the away with a side score bet

I know is a system and even strong system.... but if they put Barcelona against Liverpool at Anfield at the moment i will not doubt it to put half of my bankroll on Liverpool not to lose the match. Good Luck
I withdrawn my statement, your system is the best......

just a note' date='20 or 21 of the games(about 3/4) that have won for Bairns have ended 0..1,0..2 or 1..2 with spurs tradeing at 5.3 on betfair(between 4/1 and 9/2) dutching these 3 scores @ 20/38/20 would pay £69 to a £10 stake(just under 7/1)...as i say just a note for any correct score peeps....great system Bairns:dude...i back the away with a side score bet[/quote'] Hi there, Unfortunately I don't have correct score for historical data to test, but a quick scan of past results does seem to show a lot of these results. If I get a chance in the summer, I'll do a frequency count of correct scores and hopefully this will give a good idea as to whether this idea might be profitable in the long run.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Very nice system you have bairn1! To be true if i had one as good as your i wouldn't share with anyone else ;) But i will try my luck and if you can send me some details i would be very happy, if not i would understand :cry My email [email protected] pls: Sorry my poor english, not my first language.

Well' date=' looks like I've missed out by only spotting this at the end of the season. Will you be continuing this through to next season as well Bairn?[/quote'] Yes, I'm hoping to carry on next season. I may have to try to lower expectations a bit as although this system has made a profit every season I've run it or backtested it (four seasons now), this season has been by far its most profitable! Only a handful of league games, but one meets the criteria... 18/05/2011 | Huddersfield v Bournemouth | Away Win | 5.34 (Pinnacle)

Re: Away Wins - Performance > Points

Hi there, For every team, I calculate a peformance rating and a points rating and compare these. So if the away team's performance rating is significantly better than the home team's, but the away team's points rating is significantly worse, then I bet on an away win. I the Coventy v Leeds example, I had performance ratings of -0.45 v -0.06 (the average I have is 0 and currently in the Championship, QPR are rated highest at 1.73, and Bristol City lowest at -2.28). Points ratings were 1.27 v 0.96. Everything is mathematical, and I don't take into account team news, importance of match, gut instinct, or anything like that. Hope this makes sense!
How do you calculate the performance rating and the points rating? Can you be more clear? Thanks.