** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bairn's Value Away Wins

bairn1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Two midweek picks... 15/02/2011 | Exeter v Swindon | Away Win | 3.75 (Stan James) 15/02/2011 | Gateshead v Hayes & Yeading | Away Win | 4.63 (Pinnacle) According to... http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/england/conference-national/regular-season/round-24/gateshead-v-hayes--yeading/match-result/ ...you can get 4.7 with CanBet (and could get 5.0 a few hours ago). However, when I click through to CanBet's site, and click on "Soccer", then "England", there are only options for the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and the cups (i.e. no "Conference"). Anyone know what's going on here?

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins

Two midweek picks... 15/02/2011 | Exeter v Swindon | Away Win | 3.75 (Stan James) 15/02/2011 | Gateshead v Hayes & Yeading | Away Win | 4.63 (Pinnacle) According to... http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/england/conference-national/regular-season/round-24/gateshead-v-hayes--yeading/match-result/ ...you can get 4.7 with CanBet (and could get 5.0 a few hours ago). However, when I click through to CanBet's site, and click on "Soccer", then "England", there are only options for the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and the cups (i.e. no "Conference"). Anyone know what's going on here?
Good luck with your selections, bairn1. It is a bit of a pain the way Canbets menu works but the easiest way to find the Conference odds is to select "Soccer" from the main menu and then at the top of that page click on "Match Odds" and then select the date filter (just above the 1st group of odds) - you may need to click the "Refresh" button at this stage and its the last set of odds at the bottom of the page. GL

Good luck with your selections, bairn1. It is a bit of a pain the way Canbets menu works but the easiest way to find the Conference odds is to select "Soccer" from the main menu and then at the top of that page click on "Match Odds" and then select the date filter (just above the 1st group of odds) - you may need to click the "Refresh" button at this stage and its the last set of odds at the bottom of the page. GL
Thanks for that - think I'd have been there all night trying to find that!

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Three picks for the weekend... 19/02/2011 | Millwall v Middlesbrough | Away Win | 3.8 (Victor Chandler) 19/02/2011 | Hannover v Kaiserslautern | Away Win | 4 (Stan James) 19/02/2011 | Freiburg v Wolfsburg | Away Win | 2.99 (Pinnacle)

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins 2 defeats, but one win for a profit on the day...

19/02/2011 Millwall 2 - 3 Middlesbrough 3.8 +£28.00 +£256.70
19/02/2011 Hannover 3 - 0 Kaiserslautern 4 -£10.00 +£246.70
19/02/2011 Freiburg 2 - 1 Wolfsburg 2.99 -£10.00 +£236.70

Dear bairn, With a lot of interest i have followed your picks, my respect. could you give a more detailed insight which selection criteria you are using for picking your games? greetz
Hi there, For reasons mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm afraid I don't want to give too much away. However, a few of the posts on the first page give a good overview of how matches are selected, so hopefully this will help.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Fantastic again bairn1,:clap:clap i must admit i tried to figure out how you get the ratings with preformence and points but I am not even close.. can?t imagine how feks you can say that Ipswich with two straight losses can preforme better than Cardiff with two straight wins.. Fantastic stuff you are showing here... feel free to email me i with the "secret" as i am bouncing of the walls here trying to find a way to make profit.. :-) [email protected] :unsure I try to figure out when the away teams preforme better than they are supposed to do with their current league placing,, but i am lost in the statistic,,, :\ Anyway thank you for sharing your expertise :notworthy:notworthy

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Bairn well done again. you will encounter a problem assuming you want to make a living out of this and you could well make a fortune. However, with on average 3 picks a week going to be very difficult as bookies will curtail odds or amount you can get on eventually, obviously betfair is different but very seldom best price after you take commission off. I have a system which I think is more complex than yours but based on similar theory and picks on average about 50 teams a week and ROI is about 20% and has been for last 7 years on average. I think in the long run you may be in a better position if you tweak your formulae to allow for smaller returns but more picks. That way I think it is more sustainable, just a thought.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins I have read your picks over the last few weeks but finally put a couple of quid on yesterday. Cracking start! Thank you for your selections. :clap Quick question bairn... Although I have backed singles I also stuck a small double on too. Have you done the same? If so, have you found it profitable? Or is win singles the way forward in your opinion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fantastic again bairn1' date=':clap:clap i must admit i tried to figure out how you get the ratings with preformence and points but I am not even close.. can?t imagine how feks you can say that Ipswich with two straight losses can preforme better than Cardiff with two straight wins.. Fantastic stuff you are showing here... feel free to email me i with the "secret" as i am bouncing of the walls here trying to find a way to make profit.. :-) [email protected] :unsure I try to figure out when the away teams preforme better than they are supposed to do with their current league placing,, but i am lost in the statistic,,, :\ Anyway thank you for sharing your expertise :notworthy:notworthy
Hi there, I've sent you an e-mail. Hope this helps.

Bairn well done again. you will encounter a problem assuming you want to make a living out of this and you could well make a fortune. However, with on average 3 picks a week going to be very difficult as bookies will curtail odds or amount you can get on eventually, obviously betfair is different but very seldom best price after you take commission off. I have a system which I think is more complex than yours but based on similar theory and picks on average about 50 teams a week and ROI is about 20% and has been for last 7 years on average. I think in the long run you may be in a better position if you tweak your formulae to allow for smaller returns but more picks. That way I think it is more sustainable, just a thought.
Hi there, I do already have a problem with betting restrictions with Bookies (e.g. I'll try to bet £20 and then be told that my maximum stake is £2.50!). I think however, that this was caused more when I used to look for horse racing arbs and so place very big stakes with the bookies and then lay on the exchanges to gaurantee a profit. I do bet to a few other systems in parallel to this one, so most weekends I'll be placing about 20 to 30 bets in total. I think this does make my betting more sustainable, as most weeks I tend to have a modest overall profit - rather than have a few great weekends, but also some bad losing runs. Also, regarding the success of the system, the ROI over recent seasons is a lot lower, though has always been good. The system just seems to be on a very good run at the moment!

I have read your picks over the last few weeks but finally put a couple of quid on yesterday. Cracking start! Thank you for your selections. :clap Quick question bairn... Although I have backed singles I also stuck a small double on too. Have you done the same? If so, have you found it profitable? Or is win singles the way forward in your opinion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there, I rarely bet doubles (or greater) on bets with odds such as these, though I wouldn't want to put you off doing it. I'm sure it would be profitable with this system in the long run, but while you would have a few very big wins, you would also have a lot of losing bets. Betting on win singles should give a more steady profit (i.e. a bigger strike rate, but lower payouts), though as others have suggested on here, betting on the asian handicap or even laying the home teams should give a steadier profit still.