** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bairn's Value Away Wins

bairn1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Woohoo! What's your tipple Bairn? 13.00 for the double I had a tenner on - £130 back..first time I've tried your tips/system and I'm over the moon. :cow Certainly more than made up for the weekend for your profits!

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins i have followed your selections almost from the start of this thread and i am up a nice bit . another great win tonight thanks! By any chance could you email me the basics of your system? i understand is you want to keep it to yourself. thanks again

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins

Will there be a presence from other leagues during the european close season ?? - just to keep the momentum (& profits :dude) going :drums
I wouldn't rule it out at the moment, but I don't believe the data I need for this is readily available for other leagues. Depending how much spare time I have in a month or so's time, I'll try and investigate this further, but given the time it takes to get the data in the correct format, backtest it, etc., then it's looking likely that I won't be running the system over the summer months.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hy. I watched your progress and it actually blow me off my sit :loon. It is pretty interesting that you managed to discover such good formulas for away win. What caught my eye was the fact that I too tried to make a system based on formulas for some value home wins ( I mean with odds between 1.90 and maybe 2.50 ), but I got stuck at the middle. I tried to implement home strength and away poorness, and the recent form, how close they are in the league, and so on, but it didn't work. I wouldn't get results, and with a little back-testing it proved to not working. I saw that you have edited your first post for secure measurements and I am totally agreeing with you. I also saw that you could offer some insight to you system ( not formulas or so ), and I thought if I could receive also some details. :unsure The fact that I want to see is from which point of view you actually analyze a match and maybe see what I did wrong in my search. If it is possible. Thank you. Keep up the great work. :loon P.S.: I forgot to include the e-mail address as I saw that this is the only way to send the info (since I don't have 50 posts already). [email protected]. Thank you.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Wow just read this thread for the first time and must congratulate you on your system My first thoughts were on looking at tomorrows match is Home Win but it does seem that Oldham may be better when they play away and therefore must come into the reckoning based on the fact that there appears not to be much between the teams overall in relation to each other.Certainly the odds look reasonable.

Re: Bairn's Value Away Wins Hi Bairn , I have re-read your posts this morning but do not quite understand the difference between using your performance and and points based ratings If you rate the away team stronger with your performance ratings than the home team I can understand that this could be considered a likely away win. But I am confused because you then say that if the points based system produces a lower score for the away team then away win becomes the selection. Surely it becomes less likely as an away win if the home score is higher ? Or is it because it then means that the odds offered are going to be better for the away team. Sorry if this sounds a bit dim.

@Bairn Have you considered a system based on draws using your formula?
Hi there, I have tried to find a system that picks out draws using the same ratings, but unforunately I haven't yet been able to find anything that's shown good profit when back-testing.

Hi Bairn , I have re-read your posts this morning but do not quite understand the difference between using your performance and and points based ratings If you rate the away team stronger with your performance ratings than the home team I can understand that this could be considered a likely away win. But I am confused because you then say that if the points based system produces a lower score for the away team then away win becomes the selection. Surely it becomes less likely as an away win if the home score is higher ? Or is it because it then means that the odds offered are going to be better for the away team. Sorry if this sounds a bit dim.
Hi there, There's a bit more too it, which, for reasons already mentioned on this thread, I'm afraid I don't want to give away, but I think you're understanding it correctly - even if it does seem confusing! Bascially it is looking for fixtures where the odds on an away win are bigger than I think they should be.