UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Rapid Vienna 1.63 simple case of the better team and they won 2-0 against CSKA away from home and now back at home, they should win. FC Porto 1.38 lot of juice here, but porto outclassed Beskitas last match and visitors still without some important players(quaresma). Porto should dominate at home.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Here is my take on three games that interest me tonight: Juventus vs. Salzburg Someone has kindly posted the Juventus line-up on the previous page. Not sure if it is confirmed, but it is what I expected. Main absences are Chiellini who has formed a nice partnership with Bonucci recently. A right-back, where it looks like Pepe is going to have to play. The CM generally looks weak. Sissoko was rumoured to be in a race to play this match, and it may be more out of necessity that he actually is. I have never seen his partner play, but he is a youth player who is going to be in new territory tonight. Krasic is cool on the right and will be the main threat fo course. Marchisio on the left will do what he always does out there and be pretty solid. De Piero up front with Amauri is not bad, but the latter hasn't got going and the energy of Quagliarella will be missed tonight. In terms of substitutes there is little going on either, that is the strongest XI Juve could put out tonight. It isn't great and really unless the youth player has an absolute blinder (I don't know what type of player he is), the only threat going forward is Krasic, and Del Piero. They alone will create chances but they are all Juve have tonight. I don't know much of Salzburg. I watched a little of the last match against eachother and Salzburg had a great chance to get the win late on. They are away tonight, but they are playing against a real frankenstein of a Juve line-up. If they go for it, which I hope they will, they have a great shot to take something. Salzburg +1.25 - 1.95 - Bet365 - 5 points CSKA vs. Palermo CSKA can go through tonight with a win. Palermo are not having agreat time at the moment. They have lost both their away EL matches so far and are playing the strngest team in the group. CSKA haven't had the best time recently, but whereas Palermo see this as an inconvenience, I think CSKA value it a little more. At home as well I can only presume they will really go for it. Palermo are missing Pastore, Illicic and Bacinovic. The former two players have been the driving force recently. They welcome back Miccoli in some capacity tonight, but he hasn't played since the last game of last season. He is a fantastic player but I am not sure he can do much tonight. The midfield is ordinary really and if Honda and Vagner Love play well, they alone should be able to see of Palermo tonight. CSKA - 1 - 1.725 - Bet365 - 6 points Liverpool vs. Napoli This one I am less sure of. I have placed my faith in Napoli a few times for them only to let me down in the past. I don't doubt that Liverpool will really want to win this game at home. I do doubt whether their players are good enough to do so. The line-up I have seen looks ordinary. It is more a case of how much Napoli want this. Importantly, Lavezzi has been playing well recently. I had begun to get very frustrated with watching him - he is unbelievably selfish sometimes. As good as Napoli's attack is I haven't really seen them blow me away thus far. However the pressure from Liverpool, and their lack of good attacking players will mean Napoli will have good chances on the counter. Dossena, Maggio, Hamsik and Lavezzi are great players to have on the counter. All fast, and all direct. With Cavani up top I think Napoli can catch Liverpool out a couple of times at least. Not entirely sure how this will play out, but I think Napoli could threaten Liverpool, if they are smart tonight. Napoli +0.5 - 2.05 - Bet365 - 3 points Quite a busy night considering it is EL. GL everyone.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Club Brugge - D. Zagreb
Selection under 1.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 3.30
Reasoning After a 0-0 in Zagreb, with a penalty missed by Samir in 76' minute, in this match I don't believe is possible to see again a clean sheet for any team, Brugge loves to score, but also get a lot in, Zagreb have a very bad defense line, even in Croatian league takes a lot of goals, I just don't see them going home with least that two goals. My tip: 3-1. Good luck!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November CSKA squad for the game agains Napoli : Akinfeev Nababkin-Shemberas-V.Berezuckij-Shennikov Toshic-Mamaev-Honda-Gonzales Necid-Vagner Love As for me it is realy nice but you can't see often Honda and Toshic from the first minetes but i guess the is worth doing it i mean they have something to show to couch of CSKA Sluckih that they must be in first squad so i guess not bad at all. Hope Vagner can finely score btw Sluckij said that if ther will be a penalty in this game then he said that i guess i will tell Vagner to try to score and i hope he will score today ! GL :hope:hope:hope

CSKA squad for the game agains Napoli : Akinfeev Nababkin-Shemberas-V.Berezuckij-Shennikov Toshic-Mamaev-Honda-Gonzales Necid-Vagner Love As for me it is realy nice but you can't see often Honda and Toshic from the first minetes but i guess the is worth doing it i mean they have something to show to couch of CSKA Sluckih that they must be in first squad so i guess not bad at all. Hope Vagner can finely score btw Sluckij said that if ther will be a penalty in this game then he said that i guess i will tell Vagner to try to score and i hope he will score today ! GL :hope:hope:hope
Great info, thanks! It seems that this clash has become kind of public bet. From 2.13 that I took yesterday CSKA (-1), has gone down to 1.75.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November I analysed the football to death for the past two days and was so unlucky in my selections that this time I've just gone with what the bookies say. For example Out of all the odds for tonight. The five most likely outcomes in the bookies perspective is ; PSV, Sevilla, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and FC Porto to win. So I thought, sodd it. I'm putting a £5 on them five folds for a return of £17.20 (including my stake) I also put 3 quid on the next 9 most likely outcomes. So hopefully them 9 folds will get me £110 tonight. Which I heavily much doubt. Oh well. good luck everyone.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Hi everyone, Lech Poznan v Manchester City - Manchester City (-1 AH) win @ 2.2 (Betfair) The Polish champions face a wounded animal from Manchester tonight in their Europa League tie. City have lost their last two matches, their last win was against tonight opponants (a 3-1 win) two weeks ago. Tonight Mancini will look for his team to put in a impressive performance and put all the reports and speculation of unrest within the camp to bed. I've seen the side he has put out and with Adebayor, Milner, Johnson and Wright-Philips they have more than enough fire power on the pitch to put a few past the home side. It's not too cold in Poland just now and the conditions should not have any sort of adverse affect on the visitors. If City slip up and only win by one then we get our money back, its a decent bet in my opinion for the odds on offer. Goodluck everyone :ok

Great info, thanks! It seems that this clash has become kind of public bet. From 2.13 that I took yesterday CSKA (-1), has gone down to 1.75.
One thing that worry's me that ther is Shemberas playin in the center of difence lol ! Dunno why he didin't put Ignashevich to play ther :( That what make's me worry about it :\ + for CSKA it is ther 100th game in Eurocup's !!!! :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November From all posts above it sounds as if Palermo are going into the slaughterhouse. I missed the better odds for a straight win, from what I just checked CSKA - 1,5 AH @ 2,20 looks the only choice close to all the forecasts above. Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldn't take such line against any Italian team in Euro Cups, regardless of line-ups. Could be as easy as 4-0 CSKA win, but do they need to push that hard - top of the group no matter what, final push in their League... Wish you all luck guys, 0-0 at HT would be good news to me, then and only then @ 1,80-1,90 I will back CSKA.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus to win accumulators to betfair at 1.90 Both teams are better than opponents, play at home and need the win in order to progress. For the above reason Bayer Leverkusen -1.5, 1.87 at betfair Aris can be defeated from the hosts as their defence is very week especially away from home.They might had fine games at home with Bayer or Athl. Madrid but away without the support of their fans will be difficult. I don't expect them to score either. Good Luck.

I analysed the football to death for the past two days and was so unlucky in my selections that this time I've just gone with what the bookies say. For example Out of all the odds for tonight. The five most likely outcomes in the bookies perspective is ; PSV, Sevilla, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and FC Porto to win. So I thought, sodd it. I'm putting a £5 on them five folds for a return of £17.20 (including my stake) I also put 3 quid on the next 9 most likely outcomes. So hopefully them 9 folds will get me £110 tonight. Which I heavily much doubt. Oh well. good luck everyone.
Very often it is as easy as that, odds are there for a reason. Started doing my Weekend Bets and despite that I don't do that often, had a 4-fold with Ajax, Twente, Arsenal and Man United all to win @ 2,12, with dear 10 units. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Paris vs Dortmund Total Goals: 2 and more (1.41 @ Betfair) Dortmund is on third place in the group. To get ahead, Dortmund needs a victory . Dortmund will try to score early and play offensive. In addition, the Germans have no injured players. Lech Poznan vs Man City back ManCity @ 1.74 Betfair City need this win and they are to strong and have to much class. sorry for my English:cry:cry:cry

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Hi lads! PAOK - Villareal 18.00 CET PAOK home at Toumba is real hard to beat. Earlier this season the would and should have gone through the qualifiers to the groupstage to CL, but they had 10 bad minutes against Ajax where they conceded 3 goals and and missed qualification on away-goals. PAOK is a very organized team, not with the best players in Greece, but everyone knows what to do on the pitch. Today they really need a win if they wanna qulify for knockout-stage, because on the same point (4) at the moment are Dinamo Zagreb who they will face as guests later. Today they play with Salpingidis on top, on the bench they havew Muslimovic to play if they need more offensive power. Villareal has started the season good, and two weeks ago the won as hosts against PAOK, 1-0. I think they will be really pleased with one point today, because it is really hard to play at Toumba. I pick PAOK DNB, but odds ar falling right now close to kick-off. I expected DNB odds on PAOK to be around 2.20, so what is given now (Betfair about 2.60-2.70) is to high on a good home-team as PAOK. 5/10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Lech Poznan beat Man City 9-5 corners last time round, albeit they were chasing the game for most of the match. but one thing i noticed about this polish side, there not afraid to venture foward, so they will give it a right go especially infront of there home fans. City are generally not that great at winning most corner Handicaps they do tend to struggle at times. I see the bookies have clocked on aswell because i was expecting better odds so now i dont fancy Lech +1 corner il take a bigger risk Lech Poznan -1 Corner @ 15/8 Hills

Rapid Vienna 1.63 simple case of the better team and they won 2-0 against CSKA away from home and now back at home, they should win. FC Porto 1.38 lot of juice here, but porto outclassed Beskitas last match and visitors still without some important players(quaresma). Porto should dominate at home.
Please could you quote the bookmaker you are using when making a selection :ok

I analysed the football to death for the past two days and was so unlucky in my selections that this time I've just gone with what the bookies say. For example Out of all the odds for tonight. The five most likely outcomes in the bookies perspective is ; PSV, Sevilla, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and FC Porto to win. So I thought, sodd it. I'm putting a £5 on them five folds for a return of £17.20 (including my stake) I also put 3 quid on the next 9 most likely outcomes. So hopefully them 9 folds will get me £110 tonight. Which I heavily much doubt. Oh well. good luck everyone.
:welcome to PL :) Mate it's forum etiquette not to list the value of a bet :ok Try using stakes to a point system instead ;)

Bayer Leverkusen -1.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle Bayer Leverkusen have drawn twice on the road, 0-0 with Aris and 1-1 with Atletico Madrid, but did have an emphatic 4-0 win over Rosenborg, while Aris did beat Atletico Madrid 1-0 at home but lost 2-1 away to Rosenborg. Scoring goals has been a problem of late, and in the game with Leverkusen at home, they did not do much to threaten the Germans, who were content to get the point away from home. This time, expect Bayer to attack, and they should not be too conccerned about conceding as Aris have done little to suggest that they have goals in them, and with a win and 3 points, can move them clear of Aris and on the verge of qualification. Sporting Lisbon @ 2.12 pinnacle Sporting Lisbon defeated Gent 5-1 two weeks ago, and have als won the other two games, beating Levski Sofia 5- 0 and Lille 2-1 in France. Gent have just one point, having also lost 3-2 at Levski Sofia while drawing 1-1 with Lille at home. While they have scored goals, they have conceded too many goals too, and with their confidence up in front of goals, like Sporting Lisbon to get on the score sheet here and win this game, to give them passage into the next phase BATE Borisov -1.5 @ bet365 BATE Borisov managed a 1-0 away win at Sheriff Tiraspol where they scored an early goal and then were content to sit back and soak up the pressure, which allowed Sheriff to dominate the game. The defence held firm and now on the home ground, like BATE Borisov to win here as they already have beaten AZ Alkmaar at home 4-1, while Sheriff Tiraspol lost 2-1 on the road to the Dutch side. A win for the home side will likely see them have enough points to progress to the next stage, and can see them dominate this game, such as the solidity of the defence, that they can push extra players forward to win by at least two goals. Dynamo Kiev -1.5 @ 2.54 pinnacle Dynamo Kiev did enough to defeat AZ Alkmaar 2-1 two weeks ago, and can see a similar performance here as the Dutch need to now to win this game, and in order to do that they will need to attack. Dynamo did have a 2-2 draw at home with BATE Borisov but AZ lost 4-1 away to them, and have some momentum coming into this game, having won their last 3 games with their new coach. AZ do not look as strong as they have been in previous years and like the home team to win this well to create some distance on the ladder between these two sides CSKA Moscow -1.5 @ 2.54 pinnacle CSKA have won each of their 3 games by the same scoreline of 3-0, and were very good in beating Palermo two weeks ago. Now the Italians travel east with a team minus some players due to suspensions and ineligibility, so doubt that they will be able to improve on their previous showing. Like CSKA to play as well as they did and record a similar scoreline to see them progress into the next stage Liverpool @ 1.92 pinnacle Liverpool more than held their own in Naples two weeks ago which was missing several of their players who were rested from this game. Now with them at home, with a much stronger line up, like them to win this, as they have some confidence and momentum, having won their last 2 games. Anfield should be roaring them on as they enjoy these European nights, and can see the Reds scoring the goal to get them the 3 points, as the defence has been much better and solid than earlier in the season Porto -1.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Very good result for Porto who went to Besiktas two weeks and won 3-1 there. They have also beaten CSKA Sofia 1-0 away and Rapid Vienna 3-0 at home, and they look too strong here, as they did win in Besiktas with two men sent off. A win here and they progress to the next round, while like them to score more than just one given their attacking style of play will see them create chances. Besiktas' defence could not cope with them two weeks ago, and doubt that they will do so in Portugal Rapid Vienna -1.5 @ 2.68 bet365 CSKA Sofia have yet to win a game and were beaten 2-0 at home by Rapid Vienna two week ago. Rapid were the better of the two teams and deserved their win, and now at home, in front of a big crowd, they know they have to win this in orde to have a chance to progress into the next stage. CSKA have had their problems this season and they may be just looking to get through their next 3 games and just focus on their domestic season
Did you by any chance watch the Besiktas - Porto match 2 weeks ago? The Besiktas defence is having problems thats correct but your "Besiktas defence couldnt cope with them" statement is absolutely ridiculous.Besiktas had 3 chances to score in the 1st 15 minutes.Conceded 2 of the 3 goals on the counter..

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event AEK - Anderlecht
Selection over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 4.00
Reasoning After a 3-0 at Bruxelle, AEK need points if want to go forward, if for first place can be any more question, zenit being the best team from this group, until now AEK made all 3 matches over, at Anderlecht was first match where didn't score, I expect a start with full attack team for AEK, a lose is equal with staying home, so both to score, and over is great to take. My tip: 2-2. Good luck!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 4th November Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky; Poulsen, Spearing; Meireles, Shelvey, Jovanovic; Ngog. Subs: Hansen, Gerrard, Lucas, Wilson, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston. Team to play against Napoli Im just confirming i am going ahead with my unders at decent stakes. 20pts Liverpool v Napoli Under 2.5 goals @ 8/11 Betfred I no Dortmund need the victory, but i just cant see PSG losing, the French outfit have been in good form, i think the German outfit have got there work cut for them this evening 6pts Double chance PGS or Draw @ 1/2 hills

Did you by any chance watch the Besiktas - Porto match 2 weeks ago? The Besiktas defence is having problems thats correct but your "Besiktas defence couldnt cope with them" statement is absolutely ridiculous.Besiktas had 3 chances to score in the 1st 15 minutes.Conceded 2 of the 3 goals on the counter..
No, just watched the highlights and that told me enough. Allowing 3 goals at home .......mmmm, something tells me that defence was not up to it

Liverpool: Reina; Johnson' date= Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky; Poulsen, Spearing; Meireles, Shelvey, Jovanovic; Ngog. Subs: Hansen, Gerrard, Lucas, Wilson, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston. Team to play against Napoli Im just confirming i am going ahead with my unders at decent stakes. 20pts Liverpool v Napoli Under 2.5 goals @ 8/11 Betfred, Cruel :sad I no Dortmund need the victory, but i just cant see PSG losing, the French outfit have been in good form, i think the German outfit have got there work cut for them this evening 6pts Double chance PGS or Draw @ 1/2 hills:clap
Very rarely lose bets on Liverpool games:@ There was so much controversy with our goals, an if Gerrard didn't come on at halftime im sure the unders would of come in. Im pissed off lost qiute a bit this midweek :sad

Very rarely lose bets on Liverpool games:@ There was so much controversy with our goals, an if Gerrard didn't come on at halftime im sure the unders would of come in. Im pissed off lost qiute a bit this midweek :sad
I feel your pain. Can't believe Liverpool only mustered two corners at home all game. They were dire tonight. The game should've finished 1-0 Napoli.

Saving my powder for the in-play, but some are already in. All singles, all with bet365. Over 2,5 Goals with 5 units each in : Juventus, Odense, Dinamo Kyiv The reasoning here is simple - hosts in all 3 games on a good day can cover the line on their own, yet all of them are the kind of teams one would expect to let an easy one in, especially in this kind of competition. Over 2,75 Goals with 5 units each in : Gent, Lausanne Dangerous guests, entering the games as favourites, able to score more than one each. Brave opposition, with small chances to qualify, playing for pride, fans and after all who knows, maybe more... GL all
Not that good today, 2/5 and - 6,5 units!