UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October

I'm waiting for the team news but one bet that catches my eye is 1 team to score at 8/11 at sportingbet....as mentioned already Bursaspor have failed to score in the champs league' date='had 2 shots on target at home to Valencia and 3 shots on target at Ibrox.....United with the predicted team lineup might struggle to break them down but I fancy at least 1-0.......[/quote'] After I posted this I went back to Sportingbet and the price had changed to 4/6.....they're either reading this forum or money is coming on.Either way I've put a small 2/10 stake on it..........

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I posted this I went back to Sportingbet and the price had changed to 4/6.....they're either reading this forum or money is coming on.Either way I've put a small 2/10 stake on it..........
The sportingbet website is a joke, they limit you to about £2 a bet if you win over a tenner, I expect they changed the price just because someone bet on it.

Barcelona vs Copenhagen over 3 goals @ 1.85 bet365 Watching Barca against Valencia last week was an astonishing 2nd half,really barca can be @ its best WHEN THEY WANT..certainly theres a 'hole' in the team where ibrahimovich was playing but still even a weak barca for me is far much better than a strong copenhagen @ camp nou. In my opinion pep guardiola will delight his fans today as R.madrid fans enjoyed yesterday..Surely dont deny the good form of copenhagen for the moment so maybe they could find a goal @ camp nou.Expecting a barca win of 3-1/4-1 something tonight. Will also go for Messi first goalscorer + time of first goal 1-20mins @ 7 bet365 quite a good value in my opinion. Sorry for the crap english..and gud luck to you all PL mates..enjoy:ok
already covers every bet with the messi one:nana:nana:nana:nana waiting 2nd half nw

One very early one for me too. Inter Milan v Tottenham - Inter -1AH @ 2.280 with Pinnacle (8/10) I spotted this line a couple of weeks ago at 2.30 and with the price starting to fall just slightly, I've decided to get involved. This is my biggest bet of the season by far and in my opinion the odds on Inter simply to win at 1.70 are very generous. At Champions League level, there's no comparison between Inter and Spurs, particularly at the San Siro. No-one here needs me to talk them through the Inter line-up. It's packed with quality and determination and there's a real tactical intelligence throughout the squad. Having dropped points at FC Twente in their opening game, Inter will be looking to get their second consecutive home win, and one which would leave them with little to do to secure their place in the last 16. Rafael Benitez is a genius at this level and will relish taking on old "get-it-wide-and-in-the mixer 'Arry" on the Champions League stage. I can't imagine they have much in common when it comes to football philosophy. Spurs have achieved some impressive results in the last 15 months, but I can see them struggling here. Their only player of genuine CL class, Rafael Van der Vaart, misses this one through suspension, and they've looked shaky at the back, especially down the flanks. I've been weighing this up a lot and really cannot see any other outcome than an Inter win. I'm prepared to play the -1AH line with high confidence I'll at least see my stake returned.
Got to laugh - what else can you do?

I'm waiting for the team news but one bet that catches my eye is 1 team to score at 8/11 at sportingbet....as mentioned already Bursaspor have failed to score in the champs league' date='had 2 shots on target at home to Valencia and 3 shots on target at Ibrox.....United with the predicted team lineup might struggle to break them down but I fancy at least 1-0.......[/quote'] 1-0,bet won......

Decided to go with this after all... Rangers v Valencia - Valencia -0.25AH @ 1.85 with Bet365 (3/10) Rangers' only ambition from this one will be not to concede a goal. With holding midfielder Lee McCulloch injured and defender Kirk Broadfoot back in the fold, the Ibrox men will probably line-up 5-4-1, with Sasa Papac moving into the centre alongside David Weir and Majid Bougherra, flanked by Broadfoot and Steven Whittaker. In their two CL games so far, Rangers have shown little going forward. Against Manchester United, they barely breached the halfway line, and against Bursaspor, although they scored, it was during a very rare foray into the Turkish territory. It's a system that's worked for them many times, and they're not to be loosely underestimated (I can't see them losing heavily). After all, it took them to the UEFA Cup final in 2008. However, I'm not sure they'll be able to ride their luck so freely against Valencia. It'll be like a training game of attack v defence, and the onus will be very much on the Spanish side to bang down the blue door. McCulloch is a big loss for Rangers, as he's the man who sits in and breaks up attacks - by whatever means necessary. Valencia are good enough to create chances and if they score first, it's difficult to see Rangers getting back into the match without leaving penetrable gaps open themselves at the other end. Reasonably small stakes for this one with some draw cover, as Rangers know how to frustrate, and there's plenty of evidence it could work again. For me, though, Valencia will sneak it.
Meh! Rangers were very good tonight. The much-maligned Ricky Foster had the game of his life and no-one could have complained had they nicked it. After Inter, I'm left with a small loss on a night that promised huge profit 5 minutes ago.

Busapor + 4 corners is @ 19/20 hmm... Man Utd struggled to rack up corners against Rangers, but there's no guarantee lightning will strike twice, but im still willing to oppose them my only concern is if Busarpor will venture into Man United Half, or will they sit an try an grind out a draw. so also covering Man Utd CS 2-0, 3-0 Inter caught my eye, the San Siro might be a step to far for Spurs, also with players returning i'm bit more confident now, also i see this being more of an unders game than an overs game. Valencia / Rangers Under 2.5 written all over..... Will make my mind up on all bet in 20mins an stick them on midwek bets
Corners 6-1, Busarpar were more than contempt on leaving here with 1-0 defeat Pathetic, no style!!!! When United went 1-0 early on you would expect a least a 2nd by now.. at least Valencia an Inter game made it a good day.

Man utd HT/FT @ 1.7 bet365 Surely man u demonstrating quite some weakness in the team but do believe in their superiority over bursaspor and above all in european competitions. They demonstrate quite fluid play in their 1st half as against w.brom last weekend and expecting same here hopefully they'll be able to manage their 'energy' for the 2nd half too today and learned from their not far devastating result against an impressive w.brom last wkend. GL everyone..
:nana:nana:nana

Some really rubbish tips here in regard to the Rangers vs Valencia match.
This earns you a seven day ban :ok Other punters have contributed a great deal to this thread, and we're not in the business of attacking posts. Win or lose.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Inter Milan - Tottenham over 3.5 @ 3.10 :D Twente Enschede - Werder Bremen over 3.5 @ 2.68 :eyes Schalke -1.5 @ 2.35 :D Man Utd - Bursaspor under 2.5 @ 2.55 :D Rangers - Valencia under 1.5 @ 3.15 :eyes Barcelona - Copenhagen over 3.5 @ 2.17 :eyes

Barcelona vs Copenhagen over 3 goals @ 1.85 bet365 Watching Barca against Valencia last week was an astonishing 2nd half,really barca can be @ its best WHEN THEY WANT..certainly theres a 'hole' in the team where ibrahimovich was playing but still even a weak barca for me is far much better than a strong copenhagen @ camp nou. In my opinion pep guardiola will delight his fans today as R.madrid fans enjoyed yesterday..Surely dont deny the good form of copenhagen for the moment so maybe they could find a goal @ camp nou.Expecting a barca win of 3-1/4-1 something tonight. Will also go for Messi first goalscorer + time of first goal 1-20mins @ 7 bet365 quite a good value in my opinion. Sorry for the crap english..and gud luck to you all PL mates..enjoy:ok
Barca over 3:@ Messi 1st GS+time 1st goal 1-20 mins :nana:nana:nana Not a bad day:clap

Twente v Werder Bremen This is a repeat of the last 32 match in the Europa Cup last year, where Werder Bremen came out 4-2 winners on aggregate, after a 4-1 win at home. However, they did lose on their travels to Twente. Twente are a strong side at home, with there last defeat coming all the way back in December 2009, with a 1-0 defeat to Fenerbache. Since then Twente have won 14 and drawn 3 at home, conceding only 9 goals in those 17 games (6 of which came in the last 3 home games). They've also scored 12 in there last 4 home games. Bremen are a weaker side than that of last year. Struggling in the Bundesliga they sit on 11 points after 8 games, although recent results are showing some improvement. However they're missing several players that played in the 4-1 win last year. Ozil has moved on to Madrid, whilst Pizzaro (who scored a hat-trick) and Naldo are both out big doubts for the game. Bremens away record in this competition is poor, they've failed to win in there last 8 away games in this competition, conceding 19 in those games. I feel that the value is definately with Twente here, with there strong home record and imo a team of equal or better quality than that of Bremens Twente @ 11/8 - 5pts - StanJames
Thought they would take the points home when they went 1-0 up but not to be, Pizzaro did end up playing and provided the all important assist for the Bremen goal.

I don't feel confident with most games tonight' date=' I see better options in South America and some minor competitions. Still, with good reasoning I read here I had a few - Over 3 Goals in Twente, Over 2,5 in Schalke and Milano, and Over 3 in Manchester. All with bet365. The last one is opposing [b']blackcrow - I feel the Turks won't go out to defend, with no chance ( IMO ) in the group at least they got pride and will be out to impress. I expect them to score, but if I am wrong then I still got United to score 3 or 4. GL all
2/4 ain't that bad considering, should have covered myself for the Over in Manchester as soon as I saw the starting 11... Well done all winners :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October hey again ... you were right abour that, thats not the fight.. thats why man.utd did not care of match just score 1 goal to win .. tonight i have won with 3 draw of pan-ran-twente ... it was goon night for me .. for turkish match ... i will try to explain all details about turkish league .. but i am very new in that form .. where to write them ? .. probably there will date to write about it .. i will write about porto - beşiktaş soccer game now :) .. hope to winn all always !

Well its not last season its this season, and Spurs haven't kept a clean sheet since the Young Boys game at home when the opposition were very poor, if you need my earlier post on the game I refer to a Champions League mentality and ability to defend in the way that Spurs can't. If anyone watched the games against Bremen and Twente (not so much in this game but they were against a poor side, but it was still there) they will have seen a side that gets tactically bullied and lacks the european experience to go far in the competition, I remember watching the Twente game and thinking Spurs will be in trouble if they come up against a good side in this comp and I think tonight there will be a realisation of the level you are at in the european game. You are up against a very tactically, technically astute side and I expect Inter to win. Inter -1AH 2.14 (betchronicle)
:lol..hilarious.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Sorry, out of topic question: Anyone know the market value of Gareth Bale? I don't remember seeing anyone using his left foot as potently as this man. Technical, potent, and so fast player. Really impressed, and amazed for this guy still at Tottenham.

The sportingbet website is a joke' date=' they limit you to about £2 a bet if you win over a tenner, I expect they changed the price just because someone bet on it.[/quote'] Thanks,haven't used them that much....Boylesports limited me when I got to about a grand profit....sportingbet sound even tighter......not very sporting at all actually.....

Sorry, out of topic question: Anyone know the market value of Gareth Bale? I don't remember seeing anyone using his left foot as potently as this man. Technical, potent, and so fast player. Really impressed, and amazed for this guy still at Tottenham.
Spurs might be waving goodbye to him soon. The top club managers were probably waiting to see whether he could do it on the highest stage, and now there's no doubt. Will command a big fee, though. Only Man City and Real Madrid are spending the kind of cash Spurs would demand.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Bale would command at least 25mill I imagine, would love to see how he does at a top side like Real or Barca..certainly drawn a bit of attention to himself tonight, shame the bugger cost me so much profit! Bet there were some crazy amounts staked on Inter beating certain handicaps at points during that game, and the only thing that stopped them winning was Bale's left foot! Funny old game..;)

Inter-Tottenham = 1 (1.70) / over (1.70) Totosì Inter has a score of l0-w1-d1 6 goals conceded two goals scored the last home match won with a score of 4-0 against Bremen and Tottenham has a score of l0-w1-d1 6 goals scored 3 goals conceded in the last home game won with a score of 4-1 against Twente. Preview: Inter: injured: Pandev, Milito, Cambiasso, Motta. Tottenham: Injured: King, Dawson, Kaboul, Jermaine Defoe; Pending: Van der Vaart. Two teams playing attacking football, Inter is in great shape while Tottenham's problems from the start of the season. Tendency to play on with a lot of counter-sign the X e2 to play in these cases and over 1 :hope:hope:hope
Profit :ok:ok

Rangers-Valencia = 2 (2.15) Totosì Rangers had a score of l0-w1-d1 1 goals conceded 0 goals scored the last home match won with a score of 1-0 to Bursaspor. Valencia has a score of w1-d0-l1 goals scored 4 goals conceded a last home match he lost with a score of 0-1 against Man.UTD. Preview: Rangers: injured Lee McCulloch, James Beattie, John Fleck. Valencia: injured: Hedwiges Maduro; question: Miguel, Mehmet Topal and Joaquín. The home team prefers to play defense while Valencia implement a much more offensive game is in the league both in the Champions League. The Rangers manager Walter Smith said that both we and the Bursaspor we do not have the same potential of Valencia and Man UTD. Valencia is playing very well in the league and will not be easy for us to deal with them. Instead, the Valencia coach Unai Emery said we came here to win, we do not think the tie. Clear intention to play on 2 no sign of relief in this case against the game 2. :hope:hope:hope
No profit :wall

Schalke- Hapoel =over (1.75) Totosì Schalke has a score of w1-d0-l1 goals scored 2 goals conceded a last home match won with a score of 2-0 against Benfica. Hapoel has a score of W0-D0-L2 1 goals conceded five goals for the last home match he lost with a score of 1-3 against Lyon. Preview: Schalke: injured: Levan Kenia, Tim Hoogland and Christian Pander. Hapoel: Injured: Lala Mahran. Schalke disappointing in the league but tonight has the chance to win against Hapoel modest. The defense never leaves Felix Magaht quiet, but the attack with Farfan, Raul and Huntelaar should easily find the way of a defense network against irresistible and not a goalkeeper, Enyeama not always adequate. Trend of mixed games on a mark-X-2 game over in this case. :hope:hope:hope
Lyon- Benfica=Xpt (2.20) Totosì Lyon has a score of l0-w2-d0 goals scored 4 goals conceded a last game played outside the home she won with a score of 1-3 against Hapoel. Benfica has a score of w1-d0-l1 2 goals conceded two goals for the last game away from home lost with a score of 0-2 against Schalke. Preview: Lyon: injured: Jérémy Toulalan, Bastos, Jean Makoun, Ederson, Alexandre Lacazette and César Delgado. Benfica: injured: Óscar Cardozo, Ruben Amorim and Roderick. Lyon have found important players like Cissokho, Cris, Lisandro Lopez and Bastos, is recovering well in Ligue 1 on Sunday where the strong beat Lille. Also in the last three official meetings Lyon 9 goals scored well. Benfica is a squdra always difficult to deal with I think the end is a balanced game. Tendency to play on with a lot of counter-sign the X and 2. :hope:hope:hope
Balance:1/2 no profit :wall

Rangers v Valencia I think Rangers will be content with a point tonight. People say it is essential to win your home games to progress in the Champions League but if Rangers come out oif this game with 5 points after 3 games played I think they will be very happy. So how will they go about trying to get this point? They will line up with a 4-5-1, and will hope to repeat a performance that got them at a point at Old Trafford. Baring this in mind, I think we will see a low scoring game and this is why I will be backing under 2.5 goals. Rangers have kept two clean sheets so far in the Champions League this season and even kept Barcelona out a couple of seasons ago at ibrox with a 'park the bus' performance. This is why i see some value in Rangers to keep a clean sheet @ 4.2. It's a speculative bet but one which I think is worth a quid or two. Selections: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.74 with Betfair - 2 units Rangers clean sheet @ 4.2 with Betfair - 0.5 units
Profit :ok