UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Spartak Moscow v Chelsea=over (1.93) Totosì Both teams won their first two games. Spartak Moscow won the last game in cas with a score of 3-0 against Zilina while Chelsea won the last home match with the score 2-0 against Marseille. Preview: Spartak Moscow: injured: Alex, McGeady, Kombarov; recovered: Welliton. Chelsea: injured: Alex, Benayoun, Lampard, Drogba, Hilario; recovered: Bosingwa, Kalou. I think this is a game played openly without too many tactics saw the two teams as they used to play mainly in attack. Spartak Moscow has 4 goals without suffering any goal while Chelsea has six goals and conceded one. Clear intention to play on a sign and without X in this case against the game over.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October

I think that Bursaspor can produce a sensation here. Man. United are very poor at the moment and @ 1.16 it is a joke. Their price was the same against West Brom. and they failed to win. Bursaspor is much better than West Brom. and the only reason they are priced so high is because of their name. The same thing happened last season when Rubin played Barcelona. Even though Bursaspor lost their opening home game to Valencia 0-4, I think they are strong and well organised team. Last year Turkish team ended United's 23 game unbeaten run at Old Trafford. For Bursaspor it is the last chance after losing firts two games. Conclusion: With odds @ 1.16 and considering Man. United current form I see there is a value in backing Bursaspor DNB @ 10.00 (various) or Bursaspor @ 15.00-18.00 (various)
While I agree that Manchester United have been playing poorly of late, it is still worth remembering, when looking at the odds, that some are set the way they are for a reason. How many times would you expect Buraspor to beat a near full strength United side at Old Trafford? Regarding Besiktas' win over United last season. They did put out a drastically understrength side, and I seem to remember United squandering quite a few chances.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Ajax-Auxerre=1 (1.63) Totosì Ajax has a score of w0-d1 l1-1 goals conceded three goals for the last home match they drew with the score at 1-1 against AC Milan while Auxerre has a score of W0-D0-L2 0 goals conceded three goals for the last home match he lost with a score of 0-1 against Real. Preview: Ajax: injured De Jong, Atouba, Vermeer; in doubt: Tainio. Auxerre: injured: Jelen, Mignot, Tallec, Licata, Langila, Sanogo. Ajax in the Dutch league and has played the last match against AC Milan showed good football, I think a team is higher for both technical quality of the players is a huge international experience. Auxerre is in deep crisis in the French league also occupied the last positions. Tendency to play on a sign with some counter-sign the two non-significant in this case a game. :hope:hope:hope

I personally think Barca are a cut above Copenhagen and this will show on Wednesday night. I dont really understand your reasoning here..Are you saying just because Copenhagen beat Ruben and Barca didnt' date=' then Copenhagen have more chance of winning the game? They were very different games mate, so I dont think that really makes sense.[/quote'] I don't say that Copenhagen is better just because they beat Rubin. All I am saying is that they are in good form because their season is nearing the end, and they also played good football in first two games. It is not easy to beat a Greek team in Greece, but they did it. I do not think Copenhagen to win here, but draw is very likely or Barcelona win by 1 goal.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October I always told myself I would never back an Inter side if Cambiasso is not playing. Cambiasso and Sneijder are extremely pivotal for the success the team. If either of those 2 are out I would always be wary about backing Inter ESPECIALLY with Benitez as coach

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Man.utd-Bursaspor ... hi everbody .. i was readin comments on man.utd-Bursaspor, i couldnt stopped myself to be member of this site to write the reality of the match .. i live in Bursa, and i know much more about all of you .. if i had chance to just play this game, i'd play at least Man.utd 3-0 to Bursaspor .. we are all talking here, The game probabily finish 5-0 ... Bursaspor has no chance to do anything against Man.utd ..they have no experience in any eurpoean cup all of its history .. The team is weak and today, we will all watch the show man.utd .. believe me, never hesitate, bet e.thing to manchester utd ..

If Barcelona reach anything like the incredible performance levels they showed in the second half against Valencia at the weekend' date=' they will blow Copenhagen away by at least 3 goals. I haven't seen a Barcelona team play as well as they did in that 45 minutes in a long time. They could easily have scored 6 or 7 goals, in the second half alone, if David Villa had his shooting boots on. I can't see Copenhagen getting anything out of this game.[/quote'] True. But if they reach that level, they will blow everyone away. Even Madrid and Inter. My point is this. They only play like that 3 or 4 times a year and usually it is against what they consider a top team. They do not consider Copenhagen a top team. Like i said in my earlier post, everything they have said at press conferences and interviews indicates that they underestimate Copenhagen. And I say that Copenhagen should not be underestimated at the moment. I am Danish and I follow Copenhagen every week. I also follow all the big leagues on a regularly basis. I think that Copenhagen is one of the best teams in Europe at the moment. They play at a very high level right now. Just ask Kazan and Pana. You might think I am certifiable, but that is my opinion.

Man.utd-Bursaspor ... hi everbody .. i was readin comments on man.utd-Bursaspor, i couldnt stopped myself to be member of this site to write the reality of the match .. i live in Bursa, and i know much more about all of you .. if i had chance to just play this game, i'd play at least Man.utd 3-0 to Bursaspor .. we are all talking here, The game probabily finish 5-0 ... Bursaspor has no chance to do anything against Man.utd ..they have no experience in any eurpoean cup all of its history .. The team is weak and today, we will all watch the show man.utd .. believe me, never hesitate, bet e.thing to manchester utd ..
Thanks for the update from Bursa...:ok I was considering backing Man Utd with a higher H'cap win, but a/ I already staked a lot today and b/ I seriously think big clubs do not need 5-0 wins, 1-0 or 2-0 would also do. So for now I will concentrate on today's games. As you just joined the forum, I hope you didn't get it wrong - there is no ''fight'' on this game - Mustafa is simply after good odds in a game where he expects an upset. In the words of Jase at the current odds Mustafa thinks that Bursa can win 1 out of 10 games vs Man Utd at Old Trafford and draw another one, so he goes for that. So far I agree as everyone here is betting with his own money. I don't think he is looking for the upset in the right game this round, I see upsets elsewhere, but that is a different story. I agree with Mustafa posting an opinion here, and I wish him luck ( for now as I haven't placed a bet here yet ), but I disagree with the reasoning he posted and his logic in view of other games, especially outside the Champion's League. In other words a post from Mustafa saying ''I am looking for a major upset and I guess it could be Bursa'' to me is better than quoting WBA or other games. So far nothing wrong... Hope to see you around posting in the Turkish thread. :welcome P.S. Just read SAF interview clearly saying Rooney wants out of Man Utd. Oooops, that will affect somehow the odds, the fans, the moods tomorrow.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Decided to go with this after all... Rangers v Valencia - Valencia -0.25AH @ 1.85 with Bet365 (3/10) Rangers' only ambition from this one will be not to concede a goal. With holding midfielder Lee McCulloch injured and defender Kirk Broadfoot back in the fold, the Ibrox men will probably line-up 5-4-1, with Sasa Papac moving into the centre alongside David Weir and Majid Bougherra, flanked by Broadfoot and Steven Whittaker. In their two CL games so far, Rangers have shown little going forward. Against Manchester United, they barely breached the halfway line, and against Bursaspor, although they scored, it was during a very rare foray into the Turkish territory. It's a system that's worked for them many times, and they're not to be loosely underestimated (I can't see them losing heavily). After all, it took them to the UEFA Cup final in 2008. However, I'm not sure they'll be able to ride their luck so freely against Valencia. It'll be like a training game of attack v defence, and the onus will be very much on the Spanish side to bang down the blue door. McCulloch is a big loss for Rangers, as he's the man who sits in and breaks up attacks - by whatever means necessary. Valencia are good enough to create chances and if they score first, it's difficult to see Rangers getting back into the match without leaving penetrable gaps open themselves at the other end. Reasonably small stakes for this one with some draw cover, as Rangers know how to frustrate, and there's plenty of evidence it could work again. For me, though, Valencia will sneak it.

I always told myself I would never back an Inter side if Cambiasso is not playing. Cambiasso and Sneijder are extremely pivotal for the success the team. If either of those 2 are out I would always be wary about backing Inter ESPECIALLY with Benitez as coach
Benitez fade :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Right now my early lean has to be valencia but this is solely based on how they preformed against barcelona. They may have lost but they played incredibly well and to add on to my lean rangers has not beaten a spanish side for quite some time (cant remember for how long)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October According to gazzetta.it, it seems that Cambiasso and Pandev can be in the initial squad: ´Super fast recovery for Cambiasso, while Pandev should start against Tottenham´. If i can make sure they are going to play, i will bet on Inter. My bets for today: 1) Valencia @2,12 betfair As you have commented before, i think this is gonna be like a training in which they have attackers against defenders. I expect, though, that it isnt gonna be a victory by huge difference. I´m spanish, i have seen many Valencia´s games, and i know they are a tough team, it´s difficult for the other teams to score, and they are one of the best teams in Spain in counter-attacking, so i hope they don´t finish the game with 0-0. 2) Schalke 04 (-1 AH) @1.80 betfair Well, Schalke has to win today if they want to have any chances to qualify, because they should know that their main rivals are Lyon and Benfica, not Hapoel. They face the worst team in the group, so i think it should be an easy victory...plus, Hapoel has scored just one goal, and received five, so Schalke´s attackers like Raul, Jurado or Huntelaar (on fire), maybe have many goal chances. Just in case, we cover ourselves with AH. 3) Barcelona + Man Utd + Over 1,5 goals in Twente-Werder MULTIPLE @1,7 betfair I think there shouldn´t be much more explanations for the first two matches. The third one is a game between two teams that average many goals in every game. We need just two goals, so i think this is feassible. wish luck everybody

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 12-11-2 -0.60 units (52.17%) Tottenham +0.5 (+136) to bet 1 unit Rafa Benitez. Thats it. Rubin Kazan pick -116 to win 1 unit Rubin is a good defensive side that can really stop Panathinaikos from scoring. The Greek side has had trouble scoring goals in some of these games and I could just easily see this being a draw. Hopefully Rubin sneaks one in.

Spartak Moscow v Chelsea=over (1.93) Totosì Both teams won their first two games. Spartak Moscow won the last game in cas with a score of 3-0 against Zilina while Chelsea won the last home match with the score 2-0 against Marseille. Preview: Spartak Moscow: injured: Alex, McGeady, Kombarov; recovered: Welliton. Chelsea: injured: Alex, Benayoun, Lampard, Drogba, Hilario; recovered: Bosingwa, Kalou. I think this is a game played openly without too many tactics saw the two teams as they used to play mainly in attack. Spartak Moscow has 4 goals without suffering any goal while Chelsea has six goals and conceded one. Clear intention to play on a sign and without X in this case against the game over.
No profit :cry

Ajax-Auxerre=1 (1.63) Totosì Ajax has a score of w0-d1 l1-1 goals conceded three goals for the last home match they drew with the score at 1-1 against AC Milan while Auxerre has a score of W0-D0-L2 0 goals conceded three goals for the last home match he lost with a score of 0-1 against Real. Preview: Ajax: injured De Jong, Atouba, Vermeer; in doubt: Tainio. Auxerre: injured: Jelen, Mignot, Tallec, Licata, Langila, Sanogo. Ajax in the Dutch league and has played the last match against AC Milan showed good football, I think a team is higher for both technical quality of the players is a huge international experience. Auxerre is in deep crisis in the French league also occupied the last positions. Tendency to play on a sign with some counter-sign the two non-significant in this case a game. :hope:hope:hope
Profit :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Inter-Tottenham = 1 (1.70) / over (1.70) Totosì Inter has a score of l0-w1-d1 6 goals conceded two goals scored the last home match won with a score of 4-0 against Bremen and Tottenham has a score of l0-w1-d1 6 goals scored 3 goals conceded in the last home game won with a score of 4-1 against Twente. Preview: Inter: injured: Pandev, Milito, Cambiasso, Motta. Tottenham: Injured: King, Dawson, Kaboul, Jermaine Defoe; Pending: Van der Vaart. Two teams playing attacking football, Inter is in great shape while Tottenham's problems from the start of the season. Tendency to play on with a lot of counter-sign the X e2 to play in these cases and over 1 :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Rangers v Valencia I think Rangers will be content with a point tonight. People say it is essential to win your home games to progress in the Champions League but if Rangers come out oif this game with 5 points after 3 games played I think they will be very happy. So how will they go about trying to get this point? They will line up with a 4-5-1, and will hope to repeat a performance that got them at a point at Old Trafford. Baring this in mind, I think we will see a low scoring game and this is why I will be backing under 2.5 goals. Rangers have kept two clean sheets so far in the Champions League this season and even kept Barcelona out a couple of seasons ago at ibrox with a 'park the bus' performance. This is why i see some value in Rangers to keep a clean sheet @ 4.2. It's a speculative bet but one which I think is worth a quid or two. Selections: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.74 with Betfair - 2 units Rangers clean sheet @ 4.2 with Betfair - 0.5 units

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Rangers-Valencia = 2 (2.15) Totosì Rangers had a score of l0-w1-d1 1 goals conceded 0 goals scored the last home match won with a score of 1-0 to Bursaspor. Valencia has a score of w1-d0-l1 goals scored 4 goals conceded a last home match he lost with a score of 0-1 against Man.UTD. Preview: Rangers: injured Lee McCulloch, James Beattie, John Fleck. Valencia: injured: Hedwiges Maduro; question: Miguel, Mehmet Topal and Joaquín. The home team prefers to play defense while Valencia implement a much more offensive game is in the league both in the Champions League. The Rangers manager Walter Smith said that both we and the Bursaspor we do not have the same potential of Valencia and Man UTD. Valencia is playing very well in the league and will not be easy for us to deal with them. Instead, the Valencia coach Unai Emery said we came here to win, we do not think the tie. Clear intention to play on 2 no sign of relief in this case against the game 2. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Schalke- Hapoel =over (1.75) Totosì Schalke has a score of w1-d0-l1 goals scored 2 goals conceded a last home match won with a score of 2-0 against Benfica. Hapoel has a score of W0-D0-L2 1 goals conceded five goals for the last home match he lost with a score of 1-3 against Lyon. Preview: Schalke: injured: Levan Kenia, Tim Hoogland and Christian Pander. Hapoel: Injured: Lala Mahran. Schalke disappointing in the league but tonight has the chance to win against Hapoel modest. The defense never leaves Felix Magaht quiet, but the attack with Farfan, Raul and Huntelaar should easily find the way of a defense network against irresistible and not a goalkeeper, Enyeama not always adequate. Trend of mixed games on a mark-X-2 game over in this case. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Lyon- Benfica=Xpt (2.20) Totosì Lyon has a score of l0-w2-d0 goals scored 4 goals conceded a last game played outside the home she won with a score of 1-3 against Hapoel. Benfica has a score of w1-d0-l1 2 goals conceded two goals for the last game away from home lost with a score of 0-2 against Schalke. Preview: Lyon: injured: Jérémy Toulalan, Bastos, Jean Makoun, Ederson, Alexandre Lacazette and César Delgado. Benfica: injured: Óscar Cardozo, Ruben Amorim and Roderick. Lyon have found important players like Cissokho, Cris, Lisandro Lopez and Bastos, is recovering well in Ligue 1 on Sunday where the strong beat Lille. Also in the last three official meetings Lyon 9 goals scored well. Benfica is a squdra always difficult to deal with I think the end is a balanced game. Tendency to play on with a lot of counter-sign the X and 2. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October I've also just seen Spurs are without Van Der Vaart, of course he was sent off last match. First thoughts were Spurs to get a result, but now im really tempted with a home victory, they are the holders and you can't argue with Benitez' European record....

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October It's quite funny that people are willing to bet their money on Spurs getting something against Inter just because Benitez is the manager! This is a guy who took Valencia to a CL final, won the UEFA cup with Valencia and took Liverpool to 2 CL finals in 3 years and almost got them to the EL final last season... he obviously doesn't know what he's doing in Europe ;) In fact until last year Liverpool were the top rated team in European competition under his guidance

It's quite funny that people are willing to bet their money on Spurs getting something against Inter just because Benitez is the manager! This is a guy who took Valencia to a CL final, won the UEFA cup with Valencia and took Liverpool to 2 CL finals in 3 years and almost got them to the EL final last season... he obviously doesn't know what he's doing in Europe ;) In fact until last year Liverpool were the top rated team in European competition under his guidance
:ok can't argue with that

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Hi all!! Victor Valdes (Barça's goalkeeper) is out of the squad. They was sick last night. He has had problems with a virus. He won't be able to play against FCK. Source: Radio Marca (Spain) I think the big value in this match is Both to score @ 2.50 (Stanjames) Pinto isn't as good as Valdes, I think he is two classes below Victor Valdes. Best of Luck Regards

I've also just seen Spurs are without Van Der Vaart' date=' of course he was sent off last match. First thoughts were Spurs to get a result, but now im really tempted with a home victory, they are the holders and you can't argue with Benitez' European record....[/quote'] Another way of looking at it, is could Spurs really afford to have such an attacking flair player on the pitch away in the San Siro? Could work well for them. Spurs are going to be playing on the counter tonight, which could work in their favour, as they have a lot of pace.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October Inter Milan - Tottenham over 3.5 @ 3.10 bet365 Inter Milan have 4 points from their group after drawing 2-2 away to Twente Enschede and then thumping Werder Bremen 4-0 at home. Spurs too have 4 points, after drawing 2-2 at Werder Bremen before beating Twente Enschede 4-1 at home. Also prior to that, Spurs lost 3-2 on the road at Young Boys and then beating them 3-0 in the second leg. Both sides have scored goals in their games, and while Spurs have been cncding goals on the road in Europe so far, they do have attacking players who can score. Like Sneijder to do some damage in the middle of the park as some of the Spurs defenders have shown to be tactically nieve in their defender, and a rejuvenated Etoo looks hungry to score more goals, while the likes of Modric and Bale have some class about them to cause Inter some problems. Each side will be looking to win this game, so can see an open game with goals in it Twente Enschede - Werder Bremen over 3.5 @ 2.68 centrebet Twente had a creditable 2-2 draw at home with Inter Milan before getting thrashed 4-1 at Tottenham, while Werder Bremen drew 2-2 with Spurs at home and then were beaten 4-0 at Inter. Also they had beaten Sampdoria 3-1 at home and then lost 3-2 in the secomd leg, so both sides have been scoring goals, but also conceding. Each side has only 1 point here and need a win, so expect them to go out for the win to keep their chances alive of progressing to the next round Schalke -1.5 @ 2.35 bet365 Schalke have beaten Benfica 2-0 at home and lost 1-0 at lyon in a pretty hard fought game for them, while Hapoel have lost both of their game, 2-0 at Benfica and then 3-1 at home to Lyon. Try as they might, they lack the class that the other teams in this group have, and with Schalke having players like Huntelaar and Raul up front, they have players who can score goals while they have good creative players like Rakitic to create these chances for them. Man Utd - Bursaspor under 2.5 @ 2.55 pinnacle Interesting to see how Man Utd react to the off field drama regarding Rooney as they look to get some sort of form back in the CL. They drew 0-0 at home to Rangers with an understength side while they then went to Valencia and grabbed a 1-0 win. Their defence looks much more solid in Europe than back in England, and doubt they will have too much to worry about with Bursaspor. Would not be surprised if Ferguson rests some players for their tough weekend fixture at Stoke, as they need to get some consistency there, and stop conceding goals. As for the visitors, they have yet to score, losing 4-0 at home to Valencia and then losing 1-0 at Rangers. They will be going to Manchester looking to limit the damage, so expect them to park the bus. Man Utd should win this, but good value on the win being a narrow one, so the under looks good given the events in the last week. Rangers - Valencia under 1.5 @ 3.15 Tab Rangers have yet to concede in the CL, having drawn 0-0 at Man Utd and then beating Bursaspor 1-0 at home. Their defence has been solid but this is mainly due to them getting plenty of numbers behind the ball at the expense of getting players in more forward positions to create chances and score goals. Valencia are coming off losing 1-0 at home to Man Utd while they beat Bursaspor 4-0 at home, so they too have a pretty good defence, and can see this being a dour game, as both coaches like to play just one up front and try to hit the other teams on the counter Barcelona - Copenhagen over 3.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle While Barcelona are the overwhelming favourites, as they did beat Panathinaikos 5-1 at home but then drew 1-1 at Rubin Kazan, they should not underestimate Copenhagen, who lead the group with 2 wins, having beaten Panathinaikos 2-0 on the road after beating Rubin Kazan 1-0 at home, so they are a team in form. Expect them to have a go here, as they are not expected to win, and have little to lose, with all the pressure on the home side. They have some speed in their attack, and with Barcelona's defence having conceded in both of their games, Copenhagen will like their chances of getting at least a goal here.