UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September ACCUMULATOR Zenith/Porto/CSKA/Atletico @ 4.91 (Bet 365) All of these teams are different class to their opponents and in 3 cases have home advantage. Leverkusen are weakened for tonight. ------- SINGLES Atletico -1 @ 2.7 (Bet 365) Leverkusen would need its full squad to compete with Atletico at home. Their two best strikers are missing including two of their most creative midfielders. I think a prolific striking duo of Forlan and Aguero can beat this handicap against a weakened Leverkusen side at home. Especially with the latter being an attack minded team... and no actual attack today. Porto -1 @ 1.85 (Bet 365) Porto is different class to Sophia. Again expecting them to be able to neat this handicap. ------ DOUBLES Atletico and Porto @2.74 (Bet 365) Safe. Atletico -1 and Porto -1 @ 4.62 (Bet 365) Daring. Man City and Liverpool double @ 2.48 (Bet 365) All the english teams have won their games in the European competitions this week. Not a good argument I know, but it's a trend. And really City and Liverpool ought to be able to beat their opponents tonight. Tbh the odds don't entice me too much, so I'm still considering this one. ----- SCORECAST Diego Forlan to score first @ 4.75 (Bet 365)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Man city @ 1.8 at my local bookie must be taken in my opinion. Juventus with no real intension to even give something in this EL. Besides that they have a game against inter this weekend and i think they are much more focused on that match. Man city who wants to win all this season but not yet found their real team but after the 1-0 chelsea i think they will have a huge boost. Man city :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September ZENIT - ATHENS zenit -1 4/5 coral zenit secured an impressive 3-1 win away to anderlecht in the first game of this competition, they went out of champions league in the qualifying round against auxerre who havent won in 7 league games. I think they are hurt by that and will go a long way in this competition having expected to qualify for group stages of champions league. They scored six at home at the weekend whilst athens have secured only 1 domestic win in 4. athens also played dundee united drawing 1-1 at home and winning 1-0 away, zenit are a long long way from dundee uniteds standards and should dispatch athens comfortably with match winners like danny in there team. PAOK -DINAMO ZAGREB DNB 13/8 CORAL paok, like athens have only 1 win in 4 and sit next to them in there domestic league on 4 points from four games. there only win coming on 10th august on the first game of the season. zagreb are unbeaten in 5, winning there last 3. there games arent coming thick and fast as they are only involved in europe so fitness and sharpness was a question mark, however, having beat villereal 2-0 in last game there can surely be no doubts on that front as villereal have enjoyed a good start in la liga. greece isnt an easy place to go so i expect a tight affair and will cover with draw no bet for insurance, still at a tasty price. HAJDUK SPLIT - ANDERLECHT 7/4 CORAL anderlecht went close to qualifying for the champions league group stages and, along with zenit are the best teams in this goup. They suffered a home defeat to zenit first game who should now go on to win the group, this makes this a must win game and after winning 5-0 at the weekend are in good form. split havent played since first game where they lost 3-1 to athens and i expect a bit of rustiness and with the likes of 17 year old romelu lukaku in there ranks have fitness and talent to burn, they have won 11 out of 14 domestic away games and 4 of the last 5. great price. ive gone for 3 doubles and a treble with the treble at 12.97 with coral :hope:hope:hope gl everyone

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September

HAJDUK SPLIT - ANDERLECHT 7/4 CORAL anderlecht went close to qualifying for the champions league group stages and, along with zenit are the best teams in this goup. They suffered a home defeat to zenit first game who should now go on to win the group, this makes this a must win game and after winning 5-0 at the weekend are in good form. split havent played since first game where they lost 3-1 to athens and i expect a bit of rustiness and with the likes of 17 year old romelu lukaku in there ranks have fitness and talent to burn, they have won 11 out of 14 domestic away games and 4 of the last 5. great price.
Don't agree on this, imo Split worth a small bet here: motivation is on their side,full squad and they'll have 35000 supporters on top of that. Rsca is not really focused on EL, very important match coming up on sunday against rivals of Standard. Manager said that he wants 1 point in Split and 3 points in Liege so they'll probably start with a very defensive line up and that's not the way they like to play. Anderlecht is playin bad since the start of the new season and since the elimination against Partizan confidence is gone and don't be fooled by the 5 0(mechelen played with 9 men and supporters were not happy at all). In Europe they concede too many silly goals and i think it will be tough in Split. anyway GL with your bet

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Hajduk Split - Anderlecht over 2.5 @ 2.12 pinnacle Both teams need a win here after losing their opening games, with Hajduk losing 3-1 at AEK Athens while Anderlecht lost 3-1 at home to Zenit St Petersburg. Hajduk have scored in each of their 5 Europa League games this season and conceded in 4 of them, having gained impressive home wins over Unirea Urzceni 4-1 and Dinamo Bucharest 3-0. They are backed by a fanatical home crowd who will spur them on so will strive for that win. However while their attack is quite good their defence leaks goals, much like Anderlecht. With both needing a win, like both teams to score and go for the winner to send it over Zenit St Petersburg -1.5 @ 1.90 pinnacle Zenit played well in beating Anderlecht 3-1 on the road and will like their chances of winning again, against AEK who had some difficulty in beating Hajduk Split 3-1 at home. Now they travel to face the Russian league leaders without their coach who has been sacked, with some players out injured and some poor form in their domestic league. Hard to see them beating Zenit here, and like the home team to win this one well Odense - Stuttgart over 2.5 @ 1.80 pinnacle Odense have beaten Motherwell 2-1 and Zrinksi Mostar 5-3 in their 2 games in the Europa League so far, but face much tougher opposition here, as Stuttgart have scored 2 goals in 4 of their 5 EL games to date, and are coming off a good 3-0 home win over Young Boys. With both teams scoring regularly as well as conceding in their domestic games as well as their EL games, then can see them also scoring here, while both teams are likely to keep searching for the winner then Sampdoria -2.5 @ 2.43 bet365 Sampdoria will like their chances of getting an emphatic win as they were able to come away from Eindhoven with a good 1-1 draw, while Debrecen where easily beaten 5-0 at home to Metalist Debrecen continue to struggle for form in their domestic league and while Sampdoria have been drawing their games, this respresents a very good opportunity to score goals against an inferior side, with Cassano being prominent amongst the goals. Utrecht - Liverpool under 2.5 @ 1.74 Pinnacle Expect both sides to give each other the respect they deserve and can see this being an even game with little between them. Utrecht have not conceded at home in their 2 Europa League games to date and have conceded just 3 goals in their 5 EL games to date. Liverpool have allowed just 2 goals in their 5 games in the EL and travel without their captain Gerrard which is a blow for them given his good form so far this season. Doubt this will be an open game and given Liverpool's situation, they will be happy to come from Holland with a point, and while they would like all 3 points doubt that they will be pushing for it Steaua Bucharest - Napoli under 2.5 @ 1.66 pinnacle Expect a much better performance from Steaua after their 4-1 loss at Liverpool as they are playing at home, and they cannot afford to go a goal down, otherwise their chances of winning will be even more slimmer. This is due to the very good defence that Napoli has that has not concede in their 3 EL games so far. They have won 2 and drawn the other of these 3 games as they look to defend first and then look to get the odd goal, which they will look on to then protect that lead. Like this game to be a low scoring game

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Zenit - AEK I watch game AEK - Hajduk Split in first round and only I can say about AEK play it's very very poor.I dont know how Zenit is play,but I think AEK can't do anything against team like Zenit. Straight win for me. :gimme

Anderlecht is playin bad since the start of the new season and since the elimination against Partizan confidence is gone They started badly sure, but they are unbeaten in last 8 winning 5 of them, climbing to 4th in the process, were one nil up when still 11 v 11 at the weekend against an unbeaten team and scored 4 after second man went off, thats all you can do surely. It doesnt look like confidence has gone and zenit are a strong team. I appreciate this game wont be easy by any stretch of the immagination, but i like the look of 7/4 for a decent team who know they cant lose, and could easily come away with a win. Splits manager described qualifying for the europa league as a 'miricale' and they need another miricale to get out of group. Both managers are being respectful of each other citing strengths of opponents but i think anderlecht will score this evening, and with extra onus on not conceding to ensure at least a point will come away with all 3. maybe the DNB is the safer option but i feel good here. i appreciate your thoughts though there not enough to put me off....YET. :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Liverpool to beat Utrecht at 6/5 with Coral Admittedly Liverpool aren't enjoying the best of seasons so far but even so, I think they are a little overpriced here. Roy will be desperate to get some momentum going and will play a decent side tonight - Torres has travelled. They've won 5 out of 5 in the Europa so far this campaign and I can't see Utrecht posing any more of a threat at home than Trabzonspor in the play-off round.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September van Wolfswinkel to score anytime @3.2 (b365) " & 1-1 @21 " & 1-2 @31 " & 1-3 @56 " & 1-4 @111 " & 2-4 @86 I don't see Liverpool not taking at least one point tonight: they have the better squad and they showed some motivation against Manchester United and Sunderland, not giving up when trailing. Utrecht is a solid dutch team, but Eredivise is several order of magnitude weaker than Premier League, especially in defence. Yet, van Wolfswinkel remain a talented forward and he's in good form, so I think he can score home against a Liverpool team still struggling to come together. Obviously I don't be a whole lot on the anytime scorecasts, but I don't mind giving it a shot.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September I actually think there's value on the Liverpool win at 2.2. This is a midtable Dutch side they're playing here. Utrecht finished 7th last season and are currently 12th in what is a poor Dutch league. The Uefa Cup may work as a welcome distraction for this Liverpool side. Roy did very well last season in the Europa with players of a lesser standard so i can see him doing well this season with Liverpool. They have struggled in the league this season but in Europe they've won five out of five.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September I'm going to take Dinamo Zagreb (4, bf) against PAOK. That seems like quite a good price on a team that is bang in form with five clean sheets in their last six games including a 2-0 win over Villereal. For some reason I ended up watching PAOK's last fixture against Fenerbache in the qualifiers and I wasn't particularly impressed with the game and indeed Fener blew a golden chance to kill the tie off. Momentum I feel is going to be Zagreb's way and if they can keep another clean sheet they have a good chance of all the points.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Dortmund v Sevilla - Over 3.5 @ 3.25 Stan James These are two sides I generally associate with an attack minded approach. Given it's not a play off game I don't anticipate any overly negative tactics and would expect both teams to approach this game as per normal. If this holds true then there should be plenty of space and attacking intent on display. Dortmund have had 3 of their past 5 home games go over 3.5 whilst Sevilla too have had 3 games go over this total so far this season. Furthermore they have a new coach and I expect them to play to impress. Given that Dortmund are the home team I expect positive play from them also, and with two attack minded teams playing positively goals is always a strong bet.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September OB vs Stuttgart. Over 2.5 goals. 1.81 @ 10bet Stuttgart has had 7 overs in a row. And OB aren't shy in-front of the goal either. Should be a cracking match with lots of goals. Won't predict a winner here because it could go either way, I think. Sampdoria vs Debreceni. Over 3.5 goals. 2.20 @ Victor Chandler. Have seen Debreceni a few times in Europe over past couple seasons and can admit that they are not good enough for this level. Sampdoria should be winning this one pretty comfortably but the Italian side has shown in the past that it can mess things up, therefore I'll be cautious with this one and settle for just overs, which should work out in any scenario. PSG vs Karpaty. Over 2.5 goals. 1.88 @ Ladbrokes Karpaty were involved in a cracking 4-3 game with Borussia Dortmund in round 1. Don't think we'll see anything half that exciting today but I reckon there will be at least 3 goals. See, Karpaty really , really can't defend at the moment and playing away in-form PSG side could not have come at worst time. 3-0 or 2-1 to the home team will do the trick or the other way round indeed, however I don't see that happening.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September hi, i would like to say something about dinamo zagreb.well,at first i'm from zagreb and i must say that dinamo is playing very well since the new coach came,but i'm not so sure they can win in greece,maybe draw.i agree about game with villa was really good but i don't belive that they can play so good twice.for me no bet on this game. my singel pick for tonight is ATLETICO WIN. GL to ALL tonight:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September hi i dont have too much time to write analysis, these are two tips from me; Atl.Madrid - Leverkusen 1(2.20) SHERIF-DYNAMO KYEV 2 (2.15) ps.i saw some of you played against hajduk tonight..never do that when hajduk is playing at home..why?try to watch game tonight then youll know what im talking about :) this is my first post and i hope it will be winning;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Utrecht 12/5 Ladbrokes I think thats a decent price on Utrecht tonight. Liverpool have ben awful this season, well for a few seasons really. There squad is simply not good enough with some very average/poor players. I backed Utrecht at home to Celtic and they duly obliged with a 4-0 win. They are 3 from 3 at home in the league this season with the Wolf regularly on the score sheet. I'm not certain what the Liverpool lineup will be but I presume Utrecht will put out their best 11! :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September I´ve gone for under 2.5 in Rosenborg - Aris. Aris is a defensive minded team under Hector Cuper. Last 6 matches have all ended 1-0, 3 wins, 3 losses. Rosenborg scores quite a lot of goals in the domestic league but Aris is at another level. I expect Aris trying to defend that single point to the bitter end. Honestly I can´t see a lot of goals at Lerkendal.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September As for the Sampdoria game I wouldn´t go for the over. I think there´s no value at all. Samp just hasn´t been the same since the elimination from Champions League. Last two matches in the league ended 0-0. Pazzini hasn´t scored since the Werder match, Cassano has scored three but two of them were from the penalty spot. I think there´s more value in under, but yet Debrecen seems to have huge problem in defence.

I actually think there's value on the Liverpool win at 2.2. This is a midtable Dutch side they're playing here. Utrecht finished 7th last season and are currently 12th in what is a poor Dutch league. The Uefa Cup may work as a welcome distraction for this Liverpool side. Roy did very well last season in the Europa with players of a lesser standard so i can see him doing well this season with Liverpool. They have struggled in the league this season but in Europe they've won five out of five.
Liverpool are sitting 16th in their domestic league and finshed 7th last year aswell! I can't see how this Liverpool side minus their captain and arguably best player, minus first choice left back and possibly one or two others (no gurantee Torres will start) priced at best at 2.2 away to a team who will be more than up for it and have not lost at home all season, only conceding 3 in the process in a cup game they don't have to win....can be considered value! Sure Liverpool have a decent chance of getting something, but surely the value lies in the strong home side here! Well at least for me it does!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 30th September Dynamo Kiev @2.00 bet365 This is bet of the day for me.Dynamo does strugle in UPL,they also drew at home against BATE in first game,they have alot of injured players and now defender Myhalik is injured too.Gazaev wanted to leave club but Dynamo's president didn't let him go....but Dynamo still has more quality.Sheva is back.Trip to Molodva is not so long as they are situated next to us.Gazaev will want to prove everyone that he is not that bad.Also Dynamo will play with 4 strikers today:Milevsky,Sheva,Yarmolenko and Gusev - that should be intresting :loon Sheriff is not doing well in domestic league as well so Dynamo should be able to beat them as they have better players,class and point to prove. GL :ok

Liverpool are sitting 16th in their domestic league and finshed 7th last year aswell! I can't see how this Liverpool side minus their captain and arguably best player, minus first choice left back and possibly one or two others (no gurantee Torres will start) priced at best at 2.2 away to a team who will be more than up for it and have not lost at home all season, only conceding 3 in the process in a cup game they don't have to win....can be considered value! Sure Liverpool have a decent chance of getting something, but surely the value lies in the strong home side here! Well at least for me it does!
There's a huge difference between finishing 7th in the Premiership and finishing 7th in the Dutch league. The Dutch league is a poor standard in my opinion. I just feel there's a gulf in class here even without Gerard and Konchesky. Despite struggling domestically they've still managed to win all their European matches. They managed to grind out a good result away to Trabzonspor in the previous round. I feel this away trip will be less challenging. Gerard hasn't travelled but both Kuyt and Torres have made the trip. This Liverpool side look more comfortable in Europe and i'm happy to take them at a good price away to an average Dutch side.

There's a huge difference between finishing 7th in the Premiership and finishing 7th in the Dutch league. The Dutch league is a poor standard in my opinion. I just feel there's a gulf in class here even without Gerard and Konchesky. Despite struggling domestically they've still managed to win all their European matches. They managed to grind out a good result away to Trabzonspor in the previous round. I feel this away trip will be less challenging. Gerard hasn't travelled but both Kuyt and Torres have made the trip. This Liverpool side look more comfortable in Europe and i'm happy to take them at a good price away to an average Dutch side.
Your right in that there is a difference in standard of domestic leagues .... Huge difference though? I'd say at the top end of the tables, yeah big difference! It's all about opinions, your willing to take them at that price, I'm willing to lay them at that price! One of us will be right!

anybody here liking Dinamo Zagreb to win. A little shocked that odds are at 3.7.
Dinamo Zagreb is playing much better lately. New coach Halilhodzic is doing great job. Two weeks ago Dinamo won against Villareal which was a big suprise for everybody in Zagreb. If Dinamo get draw in Greece, it will be a big thing if win small sensation. Brazilian Sammir is doing miracles. Forward Rukavina came back from Greece this summer and scoring every game. Dinamo is strong back with Biscan (ex Liverpool), Argentinian Cufre and a new guy from Portugal Tonel. Anything could happen.

Liverpool are sitting 16th in their domestic league and finshed 7th last year aswell! I can't see how this Liverpool side minus their captain and arguably best player' date=' minus first choice left back and possibly one or two others (no gurantee Torres will start) priced at best at 2.2 away to a team who will be more than up for it and have not lost at home all season, only conceding 3 in the process in a [b']cup game they don't have to win....can be considered value! Sure Liverpool have a decent chance of getting something, but surely the value lies in the strong home side here! Well at least for me it does!
Value is totally subjective SP. My opinion is that the price is about right. Liverpool have still taken a very strong squad to Holland and even though you say it's a game they don't have to win, Hodgson will still be taking this very seriously, and the fact remains that they are still a class apart from Utrecht. Don't get me wrong, the home side can definately get something from this game, but my advice to anyone betting on this game would be to wait for the line ups, before betting on this match.

Value is totally subjective SP. My opinion is that the price is about right. Liverpool have still taken a very strong squad to Holland and even though you say it's a game they don't have to win, Hodgson will still be taking this very seriously, and the fact remains that they are still a class apart from Utrecht. Don't get me wrong, the home side can definately get something from this game, but my advice to anyone betting on this game would be to wait for the line ups, before betting on this match.
This is a big no bet for me, maybe one to bet in play, I have to agree with Scotland punter 11/10 does not represnt good value, Liverpool should be about 7/5 or 8/5. And the end of the day Utrecht showed how destructive they are at home, just ask Celtic fans. Gerrard not playing is key, Im not sure Torres will do much if he plays. Even though we won in Transonbor it came late an we were lucky with the own goal, plus Babel came on an it opened up the game. Im not sayin were not capable of winning there, but a point seems more likely. I'm concetrating on betting on Man City, Dortmund an few others, Gd lcK with whatever anyone decides on that match

Liverpool don't have a strong squad so don't know where your getting this from. Who in the Liverpool squad would you consider a strong(good) player? Torres, Reina and Cole possibly but neither are really on form!

Liverpool don't have a strong squad so don't know where your getting this from. Who in the Liverpool squad would you consider a strong(good) player? Torres' date=' Reina and Cole possibly but neither are really on form![/quote'] Umm.. Kuyt, Babel, Johnson, Jovanovic even Lucas

Your right, value is totally subjective, but in my opinion Liverpool on their current form, with their captain and left back missing, away to a solid European team with a great home record at the odds on offer dont represent much value for me. In saying that, Hodgson has gone with Torres up front with Kuyt, Cole and Mareiles supporting. My worry for them comes in the form of their two holding midfeilder in Lucas and Poulsen. Without Gerrard in there, do they have that hunger, drive and talent that will keep them going forward for the 90 minutes? Due to Torres playing, my stakes have been lowerd, however I am still going with my initial instincts that Liverpool will not win this one. :hope:hope