** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid

mowgli77

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid Horses Name: Sunshine Always Date(s) you noticed the horse: 25/2/11 Ideal Conditions: Polytrack Ideal Trip: 8f Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow next time out. Reasoning: First run for new yard today and travelled like a dream before running into the back of a wall of horses from 2f out. Had nowhere to go with jock sitting with a double handful - when gap finally appeared race was over and horse ran on to finish a never nearer fourth. New stable obviously have horse right and ready to strike from current mark over this trip - one to follow next time out IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid Horses Name: ETERNAL YOUTH Date(s) you noticed the horse: 06/3/11 Ideal Trip: 6f Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow second time out wearing blinkers Reasoning: Recently I've been looking at horses records with blinkers and this one stood out for me as prior to today, the only time he'd won was his second run out with blinkers. That was in Oct '10 after an 11 day break. Today he ran after a slightly longer absence, but not quite a month - second time out blinkered again, and won at 11/4. The jockey has been different on both ocassions but the same has ridden in the two race series, if that makes sense! The horse has also stepped back in distance from the first run for the win. The wins have come with two different trainers, so it might just be in a coincidence, but interesting nonetheless. http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?horse_id=759826 Unfortunately, I didn't back him for either win :wall

• 1 month later...

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid

Horses Name: ON THE HIGH TOPS Date(s) you noticed the horse: Saturday 4th Sept 2010 Ideal Conditions: Firmer the better Ideal Trip: 5f or an easy 6 Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow when conditions suit Reasoning: Haydock 5/9/10~On The High Tops ran in a fairly decent looking 12 grand nursery over 6f. Thirteen runners went to post and this horse which i backed was sent off the rank outsider at 66/1 double the odds of the next outsider in the field. OTHT ran a cracking race IMO. The field split into three, the main group coming down the stand side, a couple down the middle and a few down the far side, where the fav and very comfortable winner Easy Ticket who lead all the way came from. My horse led the stands side till about a furlong out but fought back like a loin till eventually fading close home beaten 6 3/4 L finishing a very respectable 5th of 13. The horse imo is better suited to 5f a distance it has won at. Has to have good firm ground and is worth following in good class handicaps probably be next year as winter is now approaching. Trainer Tom Tate is good at placing his horse and has a very capable pilot in Micky Fenton they could have a lot of fun with this horse next year. A try on the AW this winter might even be on the cards. The winner looks a smart horse and should be well worth following also.
Won at Thirsk on Saturday. Entered to run at Haydock this sat night and could well follow up. Thirsk Result 09 Apr 2011 « 2:45 » TOTESPORT.COM HANDICAP (Class 3) (0-95, 3yo) 5f Good £8,418.80, £2,505.10, £1,251.90, £625.30 « 1/12 On The High Tops (IRE) 18/1 3 8-2 Tom Tate 76 * * Andrew Mullen Taken early to post, close up, effort and every chance over 1f out, bumped inside final furlong, hung right and kept on well towards finish

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid Dont know how you get this template ? but i saw that OISEAU DE NUIT run at Aintree last week 07/04/2011 , this horse bolted in at the Cheltenham festival recently , and was desperatly unlucky last week at Aintree as the young Jockey S. Clement lost an iron early in the race, this horse was miles behind it had no right to finish 2nd but it flew home and did end up 2nd , anybody watch this horses last 2 runs on Sportinglife Videoform , if this horse is turned out soon i will be backing it . Horses Name: Date(s) you noticed the horse: Ideal Conditions: Ideal Trip: Follow/Avoid (for how long): Reasoning:

Dont know how you get this template ? but i saw that OISEAU DE NUIT run at Aintree last week 07/04/2011 , this horse bolted in at the Cheltenham festival recently , and was desperatly unlucky last week at Aintree as the young Jockey S. Clement lost an iron early in the race, this horse was miles behind it had no right to finish 2nd but it flew home and did end up 2nd , anybody watch this horses last 2 runs on Sportinglife Videoform , if this horse is turned out soon i will be backing it . Horses Name: Date(s) you noticed the horse: Ideal Conditions: Ideal Trip: Follow/Avoid (for how long): Reasoning:
Edited it into your post mate, just copy and paste the text from post 1. :ok

Won at Thirsk on Saturday. Entered to run at Haydock this sat night and could well follow up. Thirsk Result 09 Apr 2011 « 2:45 » TOTESPORT.COM HANDICAP (Class 3) (0-95, 3yo) 5f Good £8,418.80, £2,505.10, £1,251.90, £625.30 « 1/12 On The High Tops (IRE) 18/1 3 8-2 Tom Tate 76 * * Andrew Mullen Taken early to post, close up, effort and every chance over 1f out, bumped inside final furlong, hung right and kept on well towards finish
I noticed that on Saturday after the race and couldn't remember who had put it up in this thread, hope you had a few quid on it. :ok

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid Horses Name: Oiseau De Nuit Date(s) you noticed the horse: 07/04/11 Aintree Ideal Conditions:good ground Ideal Trip:2M 2M5 Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow next time out Reasoning: This horse ran an amazing race last time at Aintree , the jockey lost an iron early in the race , got left well behind , ran on from miles back to get 2nd , had no right getting 2nd , this run came after scooting home at the Cheltenham festival a few weeks earlier .

• 10 months later...

Horses Name: Oiseau De Nuit Date(s) you noticed the horse: 07/04/11 Aintree Ideal Conditions:good ground Ideal Trip:2M 2M5 Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow next time out Reasoning: This horse ran an amazing race last time at Aintree , the jockey lost an iron early in the race , got left well behind , ran on from miles back to get 2nd , had no right getting 2nd , this run came after scooting home at the Cheltenham festival a few weeks earlier .
Beauchamp Castle 1/3/12 Standard Polytack Kempton Next time out Class 6 Ideal Trip 1m or longer Very eyecatching filly with long stride looks to have a future

• 1 month later...

Re: *NEW* - Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid Captain Bertie 31/3/12 Ideal Trip: 7f/1 mile Follow next time out Reasoning: A very unlucky loser when on seasonal reappearance at Donacaster. Had to be shuffled all the way back and had no luck in running got stopped in his run a few times before motoring home in the final stages to finish 4th of 22. One to look for next time out.

Captain Bertie 31/3/12 Ideal Trip: 7f/1 mile Follow next time out Reasoning: A very unlucky loser when on seasonal reappearance at Donacaster. Had to be shuffled all the way back and had no luck in running got stopped in his run a few times before motoring home in the final stages to finish 4th of 22. One to look for next time out.
:welcome:welcome:welcome Hi Soze - absolutely agree with what you say. Troubke with this one is that the world and his wife saw and/or know about it as it was flagged up on Channel 4 and the odds may be artifically short next time. Last year he went off at long odds on at Chester on his 2nd run and was turned over. Hopefully now he has been gelded he may find some more consistency. Good Luck with this one and welcome to PL

:welcome:welcome:welcome Hi Soze - absolutely agree with what you say. Troubke with this one is that the world and his wife saw and/or know about it as it was flagged up on Channel 4 and the odds may be artifically short next time. Last year he went off at long odds on at Chester on his 2nd run and was turned over. Hopefully now he has been gelded he may find some more consistency. Good Luck with this one and welcome to PL
I meant to mention Boucher Garcon to you the other day and completely forgot about it running on Saturday. I checked results and found it was 2nd so probably saved myself a few quid there. As for eyecatchers/horses to follow I have a current flat list that looks like this: Bated Breath Sans Frontieres Medicinal Compound Frankel Athens Justineo Miss Lahar Chunky Diamond Gusto Camelot Fencing Zip Top Beaten Up Storm Moon Thimaar Gulf Of Naples Law Of The Range Bailey's Jubilee Cai Shen I'll put up the last of those in an eyecatcher template although it won't have gone unnoticed anyway by most: Horses Name: Cai Shen Date(s) you noticed the horse: 24/3/12 Ideal Conditions: All weather (Lingfield) or good/good to firm Ideal Trip: 10f Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow next time out, possibly all season Reasoning: Wide draw in 13 did the horse no favours, Spencer was unable to tuck in and spent most of the race going the longest way round on the outside. There had been good support for the horse into joint favouritism. Ran well and finished the race well, only beaten 1/2 a length and will be interesting back on turf over 10f with dry summer ground. Won a class 2 handicap off 103 and placed 2nd in a listed race at Newmarket on gd-fm. Interesting at listed level.

• 8 months later...